Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #1761

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

I'm Brian, I live in Mount Olive, Alabama. Been an RC addict for about 7 years. I really enjoy the scaler rigs so I'm putting an SCX10 together for myself. I rarely post in forums but since I haven't ran into many local scalers or crawlers, I thought I would start here.

My first build thread is here:
Krulm's first build.
Krulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #1762

Hi, My name is Jeremy and I am from Oil City, Pa. New to the crawler world and enjoying the show sooooo far. Currently researching before I buy or build my first scaler. Thinking SCX10 base but who knows. Nice meeting you all.
jmoser1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #1763
Rock Stacker

hello! im new to this site, and crawling at all. i really liked it from the vids at youtube. i made a decision to build a crawler, so i started learning about it and reading and all. i made something, but the front axle was from plastic and it all was so crappy... so i gave up and ordered a redcat XT rs10. i know it is not the best, for that's why i bought it- my purpose is to build stuff, not to buy a rig and then order more parts and more. just to get a cheap one and build on it myself. there is a nice support here about this crawler too. so it is on its way to me now, i cant wait!!!
dave
david37370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #1764
Rock Stacker

I am new to crawling my ride got shipped today! What are the benefits of bead locks?
silversweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #1765

hi my name is jimmy and I am building a southern buggy with 2.2 tires. using stock SCX10 Runing gear what whould be my weak link?
jimmy"s4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #1766

Hi, Newbie here!

I currently have a short course truck, but I'm looking at getting into crawlers. I really like the looks of the new Vaterra Twin Hammers Rock racer.
LouisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #1767

@ Jimmy Spool gear, but that is ok. cheap to replace and better that be your weak link than more expensive parts.
jmoser1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #1768
Rock Stacker

Hello everyone! I'm an newbert here and to RC crawlers. I just picked up an Axial XR10 kit and am trying to figure out this crawler thing. I'm near Charlotte, NC so if anyone around the area has any suggestions as to hobby stores, etc. I'd greatly appreciate it!
LooseMoose1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #1769

hey noobs and dave here you all . been in RC scence 89 oval and off road - buggy \ truck . But was raised off road in full scale daily drivin toys grasp concepts of the hobby through real world fun cant wait to see the classifieds still to young here . we have a local oval and short course but with 40 people a week end these guy are as addicted as I am . My son and I have spent many rainy days watching you tube vids like HeadQuakes
dr dorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #1770
Quarry Creeper

I also am a noob to RC in general and Bought a used SCX-10 for trailing and crawling. I seem to be alone in Twin Falls, but am working hard to find people. I have learned a lot from the threads on this forum and send out a thanks to everyone who helps us noobs...
Valreesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #1771
Rock Stacker

I'm JJ. Doing Rally, Drift, touring, SCT and boat RC for awhile. New to crawling and scaling.. Colorado..
Crazyloon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #1772
Rock Stacker

hate to ask, but I can't seem to find what i'm looking for.....newb here from KC, MO, I am trying to find info on good basher/crawler components. I know I will be my own worst enemy but I want pretty stable at jumping at speed and somewhat of a crawler (nothing serious - but flexible with anti sway setup removed). My initial purchase was for my existing clod (bought billet axles, non bead lock wheels and mickey Thompson tires) and plan a tube chassis build. done a ton of 1:1 crawling/building, but nothing like this and honestly who knew it was this dang impressive haha. if there are threads, again I apologize....I just don't seem to be putting in the right search criteria. so specifically, shocks and motors. really hope I don't regret these axles....

thanks in advance for any direction - just need a lil advice to get me rollin, and I promise not to let cha down with the build pics
wlsmoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #1773

Hi all,
I live here on Okinawa, or will do for a time, me and my bud hope to get into some R/C and find other people here who may be up for some Crawling Comps.

We are still very much in the process of getting set up and our Crawlers built.

So I'm sure I will have lots of questions as I'm very out of date, lets put it this way my last comp R/c was a kyosho Optima Mid
BritAbrord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #1774

My name is Chris, I am new to the RC world, as far as crawlers I currently have an scx10 Honcho. Upgrades include a winch, links, and several accessories. Born and raised in wonderful COLORADO.

Welcome me, and hello everyone. When I figure out this picture post thing I will post some pics.
woodyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:10 AM   #1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
My name is Chris, I am new to the RC world, as far as crawlers I currently have an scx10 Honcho. Upgrades include a winch, links, and several accessories. Born and raised in wonderful COLORADO.

Welcome me, and hello everyone. When I figure out this picture post thing I will post some pics.
Use photo bucket to upload and post pics.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
shizzle8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #1776
Quarry Creeper

Hello! My "name" is Heartless and I am a female RC addict from North-central Wisconsin...

It all started with the resurection of an original 1983 Tamiya Brat about 4 or 5 years ago...

We (myself and the other half - madkow007) now have a total of 14 fully operational RCs, 1 scale truck in the works, and one original Tamiya Lunchbox that could be made operational with some upgraded electronics.

The 14 include...
3 - Traxxas Slash 2wd
1 - Traxxas Slash 4x4 (the only Traxxas bought brand new)
2 - Traxxas Rustlers - built up from spare parts
2 - Traxxas Mini Revos (1/16) (<wicked fast little buggars!)
2 - Redcat RS-10 Rockslides (1/10)
2 - Redcat Sumo's (1/24?) (for those cold winter days - can play indoors!)
The above mentioned original Tamiya Brat, and
1 - re-release Tamiya Brat

In the process of building a scale 1967 F-250 (thread here)

And have a few other ideas bouncing around in my head for future builds - but, I have to finish my college career and get a job first! Darn prioritites!

Yes, I am a full time +* college student, at the age of 49 - going for an Associates degree (* full time is 12 credit hours - I am currently pulling 16 )

And, No, I am not a "typical" female - I like cars/trucks/motorcycles (large and small) - and everything that goes with them. I would rather spend time in the garage wrenching than playing Suzy Homemaker. I spent 18 years as a solo long haul truckdriver, but problems with my left foot (clutch foot) put the kibash on that (thus the return to school).

So that is a little (too much?) about me.
heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #1777

Question Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hello to all. My name is Scott I run a Hobbytown USA in Secane Pa. WE are located 15 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport. WE specialize in all types of RC, Cars ,trucks,boats, airplanes, helicopter and of course ROCK CRAWLERS.. We are getting ready to set up a crawler course on the side of our store. We are working with an area 10' wide by 50' long If anyone has any suggestion on a good layout it would be appreciated. I am running an axial scorpian and my 12 yr old son is running a converted wheelie king 4x4. We are really looking foward to openning this corse. All input needed thank you, SCOTT
scotthobbytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #1778

NEWS FLASH HPI racing has just been purchased by Great Planes Hobbies which most of you know them as Tower Hobbies
Old 03-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #1779

Our address if anyone interested: Hobbytown USA 101 South Bishop Ave Secane, Pa. 19018
Old 03-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #1780
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthobbytown View Post
Hello to all. My name is Scott I run a Hobbytown USA in Secane Pa. WE are located 15 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport. WE specialize in all types of RC, Cars ,trucks,boats, airplanes, helicopter and of course ROCK CRAWLERS.. We are getting ready to set up a crawler course on the side of our store. We are working with an area 10' wide by 50' long If anyone has any suggestion on a good layout it would be appreciated. I am running an axial scorpian and my 12 yr old son is running a converted wheelie king 4x4. We are really looking foward to openning this corse. All input needed thank you, SCOTT
ROCKS, lots and lots of ROCKS.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote