Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > RCP Crawlers
Loading

Notices

Thread: Bastard Jr. Feedback, Support, & FAQ

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,027
Default

The hoods are on the way. Extra panels we will try to do in the near future.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #42
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Post Falls
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappy60guy View Post
Hey guys wanted to say thank you for all the help when i came in today. I got my stuff home and started putting my new bastard jr together. This thing is awesome. One question ,i thought i had a different motor but i have a novak 55. Does this motor supposed to fit .?? i tried flipping the trany mount but still no luck . I believe nathan asked me if i had a goat..Is that the motor that fits ??lol Hey thanks again guys for the help and cant wait to come down and play on the rocks..
On this kit in the shop we flipped the whole chassis plate and trans around so the motor is facing forward and it fits fine at the shop. This also put more weight up front. If you wanted to run dig than you will need to flip it back around and do some mods like 4 link etc...
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #43
Keep it real
 
Tanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Yakima,WA
Posts: 6,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
The hoods are on the way.
Excellent!!!!!!
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #44
Like a boss...
 
mann0mann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,008
Default

Reef on the one in the shop with the flipped/mirrored trans and motor facing forward. Does it have the slipper installed? I mocked one up in the store and it looks like the spur gear rubs on the vertical cross brace in the rear cab...

It's really, really, really close...

-Mike
mann0mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:53 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper
 
rockcrawler505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: TAOS NM
Posts: 268
Default

any word on the hood with the scoop yet?
rockcrawler505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #46
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Post Falls
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mann0mann View Post
Reef on the one in the shop with the flipped/mirrored trans and motor facing forward. Does it have the slipper installed? I mocked one up in the store and it looks like the spur gear rubs on the vertical cross brace in the rear cab...

It's really, really, really close...

-Mike
No there is no slipper.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 801rcc
Posts: 133
Default

I am aslo waiting for the hoods..... A good alternate is the rockstar hood trimmed to fit with the grill still on looks killer.
HTRDDZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #48
Keep it real
 
Tanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Yakima,WA
Posts: 6,510
Default

Here's some pics of mine This car rocks










Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Acton
Posts: 176
Default

My Bastard broke the same tab in the rear. I didn't intially think I needed the factory spacer in there. Then snap brought it hame and rewelded tab back on.
1 other tab that broke on mine that made me areally raise my eyebrow was the front link tab for the front upper links snapped right off in the middle of crawling I was like crap why is this thing crawling like crap. Didn't see it till i got back to the truck.

I have since sold the bastard But I still like it and will most likely get another. I would recommend welding both sides of the tabs.
rockbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rancho Cambodia
Posts: 200
Default

yup my top link mounts were starting to bend and you cant really run a standoff with shafts so what are you supposed to do, let them keep bending till they snap? I already welded all the inside joints and but some more tube in to stiffin stuff up but for those who want a good to go tuber kinda sketchy on the tabs breaking.
noRCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Acton
Posts: 176
Default

I sold the chassis to a fellow crawler and the Front tab for the upper link mounts actually split down the middle of all the holes maybe from flexing??? seems to me like tha bastard can use slightly thicker tabs and be welded up on both sides. No were not abusing it nothing different from crawling, occasional flips and tumbles. Not abused though.

ANother Item that I noted on the Bastard was the lower Skid plate tabs were angled out, the skid was a tight fit and the tabs were still facing out. THey bent in when the skid and links were bolted.
I love the look of it and it crawls pretty good but Quality is not the best in my eyes.
rockbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #52
Keep it real
 
Tanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Yakima,WA
Posts: 6,510
Default

I've got this car working very well with my current setup. If I had dig in it, I would have run it at our comp yesterday, it crawled the comp lines afterwards with ease, and even made one sick crack climb that no other car there made(including my comp car).
I'm also worried about the tabs, but I've got a solution that'll take care of it
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #53
Y-Town Crawlers
 
Del Monte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Not Hesperia
Posts: 2,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
I've got this car working very well with my current setup. If I had dig in it, I would have run it at our comp yesterday, it crawled the comp lines afterwards with ease, and even made one sick crack climb that no other car there made(including my comp car).
I'm also worried about the tabs, but I've got a solution that'll take care of it
just run it without the dig

I'll pulled 3rd yesterday with my bastard jr
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #54
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Acton
Posts: 176
Default

Let me make this clear I am not discrediting the Bastard. It is a good chassis. I think it has room for improvement. I've heard great compliments and some breaking here and there but like every product it's not perfect. I gave what I thought would be a good suggestion on the chassis which was thicker tabs and welded up on both sides.

Now I get people PM me and say why am I discrediting the product.

It's a Feedback Forum It should say POSITIVE FEEDBACK FORUM ONLY.

You offered the other guy a replacement chassis. I didn't ask for a replacement chassis as it is no longer mine. The guy I sold it to didn't even want a replacement chassis we replaced the tabs with thicker tabs tig welded them on gusseted the chassis in a couple of areas where it needed it. Like the real bastard chassis it has gussets.

I'm sorry if some of you took my post the wrong way. But I guess I'm just a prick all the time for saying what happened with the chassis I had.

Last edited by rockbender; 01-20-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: I CAN
rockbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #55
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northeast Tennessee
Posts: 15
Default

Hey everyone, I got my bastard jr. a couple of weeks ago and also got the inner springs from rcp and put them in my stock axial shocks for droop, and am using 1000wt diff oil. I don't know if this is the same as torque twist but both right shocks unload when i start up an incline the tires stay planted, but the whole chassis leans to the left. Is this normal for droop setups? I have since added 4 link to the rear and mirrored the trans to put the motor on the side that unloads, but it doesn't make any diff, and all i can find on the search is the usual torque twist with the tires not staying planted. I can see a huge improvement over climbing ability with the chassis not to mention how cool it looks just the leaning bothers me. Any thoughts on other things i can try? thanks for your time and a cool chassis.
Anthony
huckfinn220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #56
Keep it real
 
Tanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Yakima,WA
Posts: 6,510
Default

That is TT Huck.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
Let me make this clear I am not discrediting the Bastard. It is a good chassis. I think it has room for improvement. I've heard great compliments and some breaking here and there but like every product it's not perfect. I gave what I thought would be a good suggestion on the chassis which was thicker tabs and welded up on both sides.
Both cases of that tab breaking that I know of were both because yourself, and the one other person, that posted in this thread did not use the stand-off between the shock mounts that the chassis was designed to use. There is no need for thicker tabs if the chassis is set up the way it is designed.

On that note. This chassis is was designed as an absolute minimal weight, minimal size chassis. We understand that sometimes welds that look good can be compromised by conatamination and such. That was the reason for the replacement offer. It happens. So far we have not had a single chassis returned to us for replacement for broken welds, not one. It was designed for performance by the same guy that built the 1:1 Bastard so what you are saying is he did not design his own rig right.

Any time you are ready to send us the $329.00 you owe us for the 2nd Hustler 2.2 chassis we replaced for you over a year ago, that you claimed your dog ate. You can send paymant to store@rcpcrawlers.com
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Acton
Posts: 176
Default

Rockpile IF you want to get picky go right ahead. You don't like me. Oh Well. DO I need to explain the the whole thing again. That is why I specifically asked to pick up the Chasssis like I did the first one so I could just give you the old one. ALmost 3 weeks later after contacting you guys about my 2.2 hustler being welded WRONG and out of alignment. Rear upper link mounts were 1/4 inch difference front to back, that is alot on a crawler. I found a destroyed box near my fence line. My mail sucks here and the high school students mess with everybodys mail. That's why Speceifically asked UPS or FEDEX if you were going to ship it. BUt you didn't give a dam what I had to say. Yes I did find it a few days later. I sent the Stupid old hustler chassis back in the same messed up box. ALl taped and destroyed. I weighed it and put enough postage on it to get to you OK. I sent it as you sent it to me. If you got it I really didn't know or care. I sure as hell didn't keep it. I sold the one I kept for $100.00 That's what I thought it was worth. BUt if you want to turn this into a pissing contest. WHy do it here. Empty your dam PM box out and do it in private. I offered to split the cost of the hustler with you right down the middle. OVer a year and a half ago. IF you have a problem with me so be it. THats why don't attend your comps. I gave you my opinion of the comp location I told you what I thought of it, Offered to help with what I had and you and your Buddies got but hurt and banned me and My partner from socalrcrc.com. I asked nicely and politely to ba allowed back on socalrcrc and you came at me with the same stupid response as above. Get Over it. Talk about Holding a Grudge.



SO WITH ALL DUE RESPECT *@#$ *@#.

THrough all the drama with you guys I have always supported RCP no matter what differences and recommended to other people to support the hobby. No more money from me. I have spent a real good amount of money with you guys and this is what I get. I guess its TCS only from now on. LOL.

I will edit this post later so there not be any drama where it shouldn't be.
rockbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #59
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northeast Tennessee
Posts: 15
Default

I'm sorry, I thought I was posting on the bastard jr. Support and feedback section not the young and the restless forum. I got one brief answer ( and I thank him for it). Crap like this is the reason people have to search through hours of posts just to find one little thread that mentions what you are looking for for a brief second before it goes back to trash talk. Use the pm for your spats.
huckfinn220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
Rockpile IF you want to get picky go right ahead. You don't like me. Oh Well. DO I need to explain the the whole thing again. That is why I specifically asked to pick up the Chasssis like I did the first one so I could just give you the old one.
I have nothing against you other than the fact that you have owed us $329 for over a year, and you seem to always want to pic apart Team Carnage Crew products. As you were told by Noel. We were right in the middle of moving so picking up the chassis was not an option.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
ALmost 3 weeks later after contacting you guys about my 2.2 hustler being welded WRONG and out of alignment. Rear upper link mounts were 1/4 inch difference front to back, that is alot on a crawler.
The 2.2 Hustler has NEVER been made by us and I can assure you that Aarons work is 100% top notch and there is NO WAY that chassis was as far off as you claim, but since you never sent it back how would we know?


Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
I found a destroyed box near my fence line. My mail sucks here and the high school students mess with everybodys mail.
This is our fault?


Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
That's why Speceifically asked UPS or FEDEX if you were going to ship it. BUt you didn't give a dam what I had to say. Yes I did find it a few days later.
This is a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
I sent the Stupid old hustler chassis back in the same messed up box. ALl taped and destroyed. I weighed it and put enough postage on it to get to you OK. I sent it as you sent it to me. If you got it I really didn't know or care. I sure as hell didn't keep it.
So you sent it back in the same box that YOUR DOG destroyed?
Then you should have no problem producing a receipt that shows it was delivered to us. Please go ahead and list the tracking number here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
I sold the one I kept for $100.00 That's what I thought it was worth.
There you go bashing Team Carnage Crew again...why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
BUt if you want to turn this into a pissing contest. WHy do it here. Empty your dam PM box out and do it in private.
I have sent you SEVERAL PM's asking for payment and you have ignored them. My PM box has been empty for the past several days and still is now.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
I offered to split the cost of the hustler with you right down the middle. OVer a year and a half ago. IF you have a problem with me so be it.
What? You think you can take delivery of an item that cost X amount of dollars and then renogotiate the cost after the fact please show me any other vendor that will do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
THats why don't attend your comps. I gave you my opinion of the comp location I told you what I thought of it, Offered to help with what I had and you and your Buddies got but hurt and banned me and My partner from socalrcrc.com.
RCP had nothing to do with that at all. You and your buddy came to a comp. Bitched about the location, bitched that we ran super before 2.2 because you guys didn't think you should have to wait. You guys then proceeded to load up you trucks and do burnouts right through the center of our comp spot to show everyone your anger. Then that night you started it all up agian on or forum. And took it to the next level with name calling and threats. Needless to say every single person in attendance that day asked that something be done about you before someone, or somone's child got hurt.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
I asked nicely and politely to ba allowed back on socalrcrc and you came at me with the same stupid response as above. Get Over it. Talk about Holding a Grudge.
I was not the one that banned you, nor am I going to be the one to reinstate you, for the simple reasons that are very appearant in this thread. The only thing you wan't to do is cause problems.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
SO WITH ALL DUE RESPECT *@#$ *@#.
Ouch that hurt. See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
THrough all the drama with you guys I have always supported RCP no matter what differences and recommended to other people to support the hobby. No more money from me.
How about the $329 you still owe?


Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
I have spent a real good amount of money with you guys and this is what I get. I guess its TCS only from now on. LOL.
That is fine TCS is a great vendor with great products I hope they get all of your business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender View Post
I will edit this post later so there not be any drama where it shouldn't be.
Yeah... Because you definately have never created any drama for us.

Last edited by Rockpiledriver; 01-23-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com