Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Updated and revised SORRCA Rules and Specs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #141
I wanna be Dave

i know what you are saying norn, but my build IF i go to sactioned scale comp's won't/can't compete with rear steer/dig and all that class 3 is going to have in it....but would like the ground clearence under my diff's the 2.2 TSL's would provide for me like people go for in a 1:1 rig as well....i'm not sure how/if my local clubs are gonna go with scale....but want to fit the more scale class 2 with a mostly stock/built performance clod bodied, leaf spring rig....class 3 seems to be the super class in rock crawlin that's all ....not splitting hairs here but don't want to be forced into a class i have no chance in .......bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #142
I wanna be Dave

i know what your saying eviltwin, but this is what i might be getting confused with....

Quote:
• 120mm / 4.75" max tire size with a 2.2 max rim size including spare
the 2.2 wheel size that don't allow all 2.2 stock un cut/shut tires in class 2....like said i'm not splitting hairs just curiuos bout why the tire size limit that limits many 2.2 tires in class 2 with a 2.2 wheel....class 1 doesn't have a wheel size which might fit a 1.55 and 1.9 better, but then again the 4.19" max tire size limits a lot of 1.9" tires also, that's what i'm trying to understand why .......bob

Old 02-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #143
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
i know what your saying eviltwin, but this is what i might be getting confused with....

the 2.2 wheel size that don't allow all 2.2 stock un cut/shut tires in class 2....like said i'm not splitting hairs just curiuos bout why the tire size limit that limits many 2.2 tires in class 2 with a 2.2 wheel....class 1 doesn't have a wheel size which might fit a 1.55 and 1.9 better, but then again the 4.19" max tire size limits a lot of 1.9" tires also, that's what i'm trying to understand why .......bob

Class 2 was never intended to be a replacement for the 2.2 class. There are, however, a few 2.2 size tires (not many) that are pretty small and a couple people wanted to be able to use. More importantly, there has been a trend to stretch 1.55 size tires over 1.9 wheels, and 1.9 size tires over 2.0 or 2.2 size wheels. In previous rule sets, those were forced to bump up to the larger class if they wanted to run in competition.

Class 1 is intended to be a builders class, not a drop in class for every SCX10 or Honcho. It's meant for people to be able to run a variety of different builds that people until now had felt were unable to compete. (CC-01's, Highlifts with small tires, etc...including several small tire, more realistic daily driver/trail rigs.

Class 2 was intended to be the most popular class. The place where the Honcho and SCX10 could easily jump in and compete, along with many other moderate builds.

Class 3 was for the big tire, all out trail rigs. Don't fret too much about thinking you won't stand a chance if you don't have rear steer or dig. Those items don't make the driver, and there may be tools in place to help even the field for those who choose not to run them. Remember, all the bells and whistles in the world don't make a person a good driver.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #144
I wanna be Dave

understandible there, i wasn't trying to be hard ass'ed but want to understand that's all, thx .........bob

Old 02-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #145
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

If there was no limit on tire size, all classes would be Class 3.

The only limit on wheel size is 2.2 inches across the board. Run 2.2's in C1 if you like.

4.19 forces C1 to smaller than Flat Irons. Since C1 is the street/mall crawler class, a 42-inch limit is even a bit big. C2 goes up to and includes the new ginormous 1.9's from RC4WD. Stretch 'em onto a 2.2 if that's the look you want. The C3 limit is just huge.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #146
I wanna be Dave

lol, right ....guess i'll be going with two sets of wheel sizes in TSL's then ....my one local group wants to try the G6 comp style that only 1.9 wheel are aloud.......bob

Old 02-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #147
www.team3sixrc.com

Trust me, not everyone is gonna have dig and or rear wheel. Sometimes there is an advantage sometimes there is none.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
lol, right ....guess i'll be going with two sets of wheel sizes in TSL's then ....my one local group wants to try the G6 comp style that only 1.9 wheel are aloud.......bob

Get your club to adopt the SORRCA rules and it won't be a problem.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:01 AM   #149
Old guy

When will we see the penalty rules.I'm running out of time, I got judges to train for Scaleapalooza.

USRCCA has penalty rules that most already know. Take out the roll over rule put in winch rule and couple little tweeks and done.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #150
Rock Crawler

Why is a servo on axle allowed? To me that is just as bad as looking at electronics on the interior.
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #151
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
When will we see the penalty rules.I'm running out of time, I got judges to train for Scaleapalooza.

USRCCA has penalty rules that most already know. Take out the roll over rule put in winch rule and couple little tweeks and done.
Soon very soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyseven View Post
Why is a servo on axle allowed? To me that is just as bad as looking at electronics on the interior.
Because Not everyone has a CMS, we want the rules to be Newb friendly and if they roll up with a RTR honcho do you want to be the one to tell them to go home? We tried to keep all players in mind from the top builders and drivers to the first time newb
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #152
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
Soon very soon
Oh goodie.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #153
Rock Crawler

But only class 2 is a drop in for rtr honchos and class 1 and 3 are supposed to be builders classes (espically 1) why are they allowed in those too?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
But only class 2 is a drop in for rtr honchos and class 1 and 3 are supposed to be builders classes (espically 1) why are they allowed in those too?
Why wouldn't they be allowed in any class that they fit the specifications.

There's a big difference between a "drop in" and can be made legal.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #155

[QUOTE=slobin3d;2908823]SORRCA is proud to present, after much work and the suggestions made by the public, the updated Specs for 2011. We appreciate the patience and suggestions everyone has given. We took a good hard look at the rules and everything that has been suggested and we trimmed and reworded the rules to be as clear and simple as possible. Without further Ado!

SORRCA
Scale Off Road RC Association
2011 Official Scale Rock Crawling Competition Rules

Introduction:
This rulebook is intended to standardize scale off road RC competitions that are held at various locations throughout the world. The intention is for all clubs/events to use these rules as written; however, they may be modified on a local basis. Any and all changes made to these rules at a SORRCA sanctioned event must be covered in a preliminary drivers meeting and publicly posted before the event.

Class Descriptions
Class-1 “Street"
• Description - A Street Legal off-road vehicle that you would drive to work and the trail head and outfit like an expedition vehicle such as the Camel Trophy truck D90 rigs.

Class-2 “Trail”
• Description - A stock vehicle that has been modified to become a capable trail rated rig and is not necessarily street legal .

Class-3 “Modified”
• Description - An off-road vehicle that you would build from the ground up and might see in a TTC/KOH type competition.

What class would a RCP Wreckluse based Scaler running Axial SCX10 running gear and 2.2 superswampers run in? has roof rack lights, seats floorboard steering wheel dash, ect.
Attached Images

teampurpleracn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #156
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by teampurpleracn View Post
What class would a RCP Wreckluse based Scaler running Axial SCX10 running gear and 2.2 superswampers run in? has roof rack lights, seats floorboard steering wheel dash, ect.
Read a little further into the specs for each class, and you'll clearly see that it is a Class 3.

Quote:
Class-3 “Modified” Details
• 146mm / 5.75" max tire size with a 2.2 max rims size including spare
• A bumper is not required, but to be counted for points, must be mounted to vehicles chassis and wider the the chassis (chassis cross rails do not count as bumpers)
• Gates will be a minimum of 13" wide
• All bodies (Including tubers) must measure a minimum of five inches wide from front to rear of door, measure a minimum of 4.5 inches tall as measured from the skid to the tallest point on the body and must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase
• Body modifications including, but not limited to, pinched front, dove-tailing and boat-siding are permitted as long as the final dimensions comply with the minimum size rules.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #157
Suck it up!

Quote:
All classes are builders classes, but class 2 is the easiest to access for people new to the sport.

Is it really that big of a deal to let people run with servos on their axles? They get penalized for it, so I don't understand what your gruff is other than a bit of snobbery...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #158
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
All classes are builders classes, but class 2 is the easiest to access for people new to the sport.

Is it really that big of a deal to let people run with servos on their axles? They get penalized for it, so I don't understand what your gruff is other than a bit of snobbery...
There is no penalty for running your servo on the axle,other than no reward.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #159
Rock Crawler

Just doesn't seem to encourage any building or thinking for yourself when you can take a stock dingo ans put smaller tires on it(and other small things) and run class 1. Snobbery? Isn't the point of this thread to discuss the rules, that's all I'm doing.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #160
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
There is no penalty for running your servo on the axle,other than no reward.
And that in itself is the penalty. Its that many more points you aren't going to be able to get and puts you at a disadvantage.

Quote:
Just doesn't seem to encourage any building or thinking for yourself when you can take a stock dingo ans put smaller tires on it(and other small things) and run class 1. Snobbery? Isn't the point of this thread to discuss the rules, that's all I'm doing.
Sure it does. If the guys with the servos tucked up in the chassis are getting more scale points than you, you're going to need to step up to compete.

And some people aren't there for points, they're there to have fun and hang out.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/297817-updated-revised-sorrca-rules-specs.html
Posted By For Type Date
Updated and Revised SORRCA Rules This thread Refback 10-04-2011 07:16 PM