Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Updated and revised SORRCA Rules and Specs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #121
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
You could run a class 2 legal truck in both 2 and 3..

a Class 3 truck could not run any other class..
X2 Just switch the tires and its goal.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
X2 Just switch the tires and its goal.
No need to even swap tires...tire size is a max,not a min. A person could run 4" tires in C3 if they wanted
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #123
Quarry Creeper

Rules look good fellas.....even I like 'em.....haha.
HotRodJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Great job on the rules. I'm in class 3 and loveit. I build my scalers the way I wish I could build my 1:1. Now I can add rear steer like I've wanted to do for awhile. Would I get scale points if I mount the rear steer servo to the frame? Just a thought. Thanks again.
arcticjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #125
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticjeff View Post
Would I get scale points if I mount the rear steer servo to the frame? Just a thought. Thanks again.

Yes -2 for chassis mounted rear steering. (Class 3 only)
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #126
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticjeff View Post
Great job on the rules. I'm in class 3 and loveit. I build my scalers the way I wish I could build my 1:1. Now I can add rear steer like I've wanted to do for awhile. Would I get scale points if I mount the rear steer servo to the frame? Just a thought. Thanks again.
Chassis mounted steering servo: -5 (front) rear -2 (Class 3 only)
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #127
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
You could run a class 2 legal truck in both 2 and 3..

a Class 3 truck could not run any other class..
so a class 2 or 3 truck can not run the top truck class?
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #128
RCC Addict

You would have to check with who ever runs your TTC events. Here locally we'll allow you to run either. Class 3 builds are really going to be your TTC type of rigs though. Class 2 will work, but honestly will not do as well as a class 3 rig in most cases.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
so a class 2 or 3 truck can not run the top truck class?
What Top Truck Class? We don't have a Top Truck Class within the rules. If it's something that your local club does, then you need to check with them.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #130
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
What Top Truck Class? We don't have a Top Truck Class within the rules. If it's something that your local club does, then you need to check with them.
Ok I'll do that thx for the help
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
The rules are written specifically so the Honcho WON'T fit into Class 1. Class 1 is for super-detailed, less capable, daily-driver type rigs. That's not a Honcho.

Honcho runs in Class 2 with the other Honchos.

I had a thought about this today while I was at a hobby shop looking at lexan bodies- what if someone uses a ProLine Jeep pickup body (the one with the bed), wouldn't it be eligible for C1 if it has the correct sized tires?

I'm not trying to stir the waters but this could be another one of those gray areas that everyone likes to push.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I had a thought about this today while I was at a hobby shop looking at lexan bodies- what if someone uses a ProLine Jeep pickup body (the one with the bed), wouldn't it be eligible for C1 if it has the correct sized tires?

I'm not trying to stir the waters but this could be another one of those gray areas that everyone likes to push.
Yes, if it met all other specifications, then the Jeep Comanche bodied Honcho could possibly be Class 1 legal.

You want to know the big difference? It now has a full bed and now would have all of the disadvantages of a full bed...such as decreased departure angle and a body in the rear that could get hung up on rocks, twigs and other obstacles.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post

Sure, go for it. Make sure those small tires are half inside the fenders and rock it. And you'll have about 2 scale points to play with, whereas most C1 rigs are sportin' 50 to 60.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
Sure, go for it. Make sure those small tires are half inside the fenders and rock it. And you'll have about 2 scale points to play with, whereas most C1 rigs are sportin' 50 to 60.

I'm not trying it, I just thought about it. My hard body rig is good for about 40 scale points right now and has decent trail performance and the Honcho will do well in C2. (if my club even adapts the scale rules...)
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:52 AM   #135
I wanna be Dave

ok i read where must be like a 1:1 rig, but yet rules allow tire mod's as in cut & shut ....i never seen real 1:1 tires cut apart and reglued and used like these rules say we can ....how is that tire rule 1:1 based as the rules seem to be....i mean it it's suposed to be scale class how can cutting tires be scale to a real 1:1 rig....rest of the rules seem to be right on but the class 3 tire rule keep it real 1:1 scaled down.........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #136
I wanna be Dave

also just seen the max tire size for 2.2 is only 4.75"....the pro line tsl's are 5.25" and for 1.9's it has max 4.19" and the 1.9 tsl's are 4.30"....so all those TSL's i've been seeing on trucks running in the scale/TTC comp's aren't legal to use then....what's with the max tire size that makes the best looking scale tires illegal ....my scale/TT build is based off a mid 80's chevy with leaf springs as you would find on a daily driver that is built for kinda hard core trailing also, plus be ABLE to compete in TTC ....but the tire i want to go with on 2.2 wheels are illegal, but are a 2.2 tire.......bob

Last edited by bob1961; 02-28-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #137
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
ok i read where must be like a 1:1 rig, but yet rules allow tire mod's as in cut & shut ....i never seen real 1:1 tires cut apart and reglued and used like these rules say we can ....how is that tire rule 1:1 based as the rules seem to be....i mean it it's suposed to be scale class how can cutting tires be scale to a real 1:1 rig....rest of the rules seem to be right on but the class 3 tire rule keep it real 1:1 scaled down.........bob

Bob, you're right that 1:1 tires aren't cut apart and re-glued. 1:1's also don't typically run electric motors, either. But seriously, there are many different tire sizes available in the 1:1 world, whereas tires are typically only available in one size in RC. What do you do if that tire size doesn't fit your build and you need something shorter or taller? You can't just go to a retailer and buy a different size. You really don't have many options on how to deal with that.

If you don't like this ruling, be thankful. Some people want to allow cut-n-shut tires in all classes for this same reason.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #138
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:

Quote:
also just seen the max tire size for 2.2 is only 4.75"....the pro line tsl's are 5. 25" and for 1.9's it has max 4.19" and the 1.9 tsl's are 4.30"....so all those TSL's i've been seeing on trucks running in the scale/TTC comp's aren't legal to use then....what's with the max tire size that makes the best looking scale tires illegal ....my scale/TT build is based off a mid 80's chevy with leaf springs as you would find on a daily driver that is built for kinda hard core trailing also, plus be ABLE to compete in TTC ....but the tire i want to go with on 2.2 wheels are illegal, but are a 2.2 itire.......bob

Bob, this gonna take some explaing.
1. Like 1:1 is refering to emulating a real vehicle.
2. Tire rules are in place to regulate the classes and help keep certain builds to their place.
3. In larger rigs they do chop tires. Not to the degree we do, but they do modify a tire. We do it more as a way of gaining an advantage. I personally don't agree wit it. But it is the rule.
4. The tire limit of 4.75" is the largest regulated tire to that class. Read the rules again. If your tires are bigger than that. Welcome to class 3.
we are not discouraging any manufacturer, just placing classes.

Last edited by team3six; 02-28-2011 at 07:02 AM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #139
I wanna be Dave

don't get me wrong like the other tire guy ....i'm just pointing out the new TSL's are not legal in there tire size that every body is running....a 1.9 TSL is legal for a 2.2 tire in the class 2 "2.2" class if i'm reading it right, but a 2.2 tire bigger then the max size isn't legal in 2.2 class....that is where i see the confusion in the rules ..........bob

Old 02-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #140
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
also just seen the max tire size for 2.2 is only 4.75"....the pro line tsl's are 5.25" and for 1.9's it has max 4.19" and the 1.9 tsl's are 4.30"....so all those TSL's i've been seeing on trucks running in the scale/TTC comp's aren't legal to use then....what's with the max tire size that makes the best looking scale tires illegal ....my scale/TT build is based off a mid 80's chevy with leaf springs as you would find on a daily driver that is built for kinda hard core trailing also, plus be ABLE to compete in TTC ....but the tire i want to go with on 2.2 wheels are illegal, but are a 2.2 tire.......bob

Bob. If you look closely at the rules, there is no differentiation between classes for wheel size. There are now 3 classes, seperated by, among other things, tire size...not wheels size.

If you would like to compare them to the old 2.2 and 1.9 designation, think of class 2 as what has replaced the 1.9 class, except now you have the option to either stretch 1.9 tires over 2.2 wheels, run 1.9 wheels or even 1.55 wheels. You may also run some smaller 2.2 tires in that class. The old 2.2 class was replaced by the new class 3. This is the class in which you will be able to run all of the popular 2.2 scale tires (2.2 ProLine TSL/SX's, 2.2 Rok Lox, Pitbulls, etc...).

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/297817-updated-revised-sorrca-rules-specs.html
Posted By For Type Date
Updated and Revised SORRCA Rules This thread Refback 10-04-2011 07:16 PM