Notices

Thread: 2016 Scale Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2016, 12:12 PM   #221
I joined the Band!

Default Re: 2016 Scale Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
The rules committee has hit a bit of a wall as far as participation and excitement the last couple weeks. I wouldn't count on anything being released early. I'll discuss it with them and see what we can do to get things up and moving again.
There are many people that take this hobby very seriously. The rules dictate that..

The people that arent motivated and or dont want / deserve the job should step down..

From what I hear, Many of them do not even drive anymore. I fail to see how they have any say so in what the rules should be.. DOUBLY so with a ever so changing hobby..

/2 cents..

Warpig, Tell them to quit dragging their feet
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #222

Default Re: C1 Body Ruling

from what i see with some of the lcg designs there is no real difference from a tvp other than extensions from the shocks that drop back down and extend the length of the chassis. a person could weld extensions onto a bender chassis and whos going to say its not legal when compared to a loopty loop lcg setup?

about growing the hobby...

who rants and says sorrca sucks if the rules get changed, amended, or a line is drawn? is it the scale builders or the guys with the basic kit & bolt-on builds? nope.... but i guarantee that same person taking their tf2 or old scx10 to a comp for the first time is gonna have a bad day trying to drive a course that is dictated by what a losi based c1 rig is capable of.

pushing the rules and innovating things is awesome. coming to an event with something you know you wont get away with the next time is awesome. the smokey yunick stuff if you know what i mean. the hotwheels types of guys.

all you gotta do is go on facebook and you can see the other types of guys who build with a f-you mentality to the spirit of scale. and seriously its nothing personal im sure they are all good guys, ive met some that are cool af... but all the same when they brag about this or that and shit on the spirit of what the comps should be about it makes me irked.
Attached Images

badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:16 AM   #223

i realize im going ot... if i talk any more about it ill do it in the rules discussion thread.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #224
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i realize im going ot... if i talk any more about it ill do it in the rules discussion thread.
Is that because they don't have a thread for people whom are irrelevant to whine about things... so naturally it will default to the rules thread... I'd be interested to continue this there. "Thumbsup"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
baconbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:39 PM   #225
Rock Crawler

Can't we all just build what makes us smile within the current ruleset?
If you're scale minded, cool
If you're comp minded, awesome
If you're somewhere in the middle? Fantastic

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING in this hobby has done more for small business owners than performance and durability upgrades.

The tire wars alone are proof of that!

I build with Losi Axles. And I also win awards such as Best Engineering, Best Interior, Scale Builders Guild Recognition! These are ALL voted for by my peers!

I don't think the "general butthurt" goes as deep as some individuals.

Just my 2 cents.
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:47 PM   #226

maybe i offended some people?

wasnt my intention unless you post on facebook how lame sorrca is, and still go to comps. that's what irks me. its not just running worm drives or a hoopy lcg chassis or being innovative and doing cool stuff. for real.

i dont comp near as much as most but i guarantee i support the smaller guys just as much as anybody else, and i dont see how my opinion is irrelevant just because i think something aint as right as it should be and dont get out much.

my point is some very basic aspects to a scale rig are very well defined, while other basic aspects arent really defined at all.

i got a brazin/zuki setup with losi's in the que... after i went to a comp in colorado and saw what they can do i wanted one badly. but i dont think its scale. especially for c1. NO offense to the guys who do or the guys who focus more on comp or maybe put food on the table by producing it.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:28 PM   #227
I wanna be Dave

Couple of the original "scale" chassis for those that dont know. Circa 2007 ish

Was I called out ?

K2 reign chassis

MFM chassis
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #228
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
all you gotta do is go on facebook and you can see the other types of guys who build with a f-you mentality to the spirit of scale. and seriously its nothing personal im sure they are all good guys, ive met some that are cool af... but all the same when they brag about this or that and shit on the spirit of what the comps should be about it makes me irked.
I see where you are coming from and there's always those people. Build what ever you want, there's no rules to that... but there are rules to competitions. And if you don't follow those rules, then you don't get scores. I think that's why so many people liked the G6 formula. But the SORCCA rules are for SCALE points.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:06 PM   #229
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
I see where you are coming from and there's always those people. Build what ever you want, there's no rules to that... but there are rules to competitions. And if you don't follow those rules, then you don't get scores. I think that's why so many people liked the G6 formula. But the SORCCA rules are for SCALE points.
I enjoy sorrca. Plan and simple. And I enjoy building, almost more than driving. And I enjoy being innovative. I'll build within what ever rule set they decide. But don't limit my creativity, Losi axles are no more or less scale than any other axle on the market. They do require more ingenuity because of their gearing. As far as loopty loop frames I do agree their need to be a little more definition of a frame but only for class 1 purposes. I think the other 2 classes are fine expecially since in class 3 you can make a tuber hit all those same points and in class2 you could make a truggy also hit those exact bolt pattern or mounting points... I think class1 should be a C channel frames unless it's a stock frame (simple because the tf2 isn't C channel) but I am not sorrca nor a committee member.

I just hope whatever they decide they do it sooner than later because build season is upon us and if people build things that aren't legal they'll be driven Towards the g6 side of things... just my

Old 10-19-2016, 08:33 PM   #230

dev i compared you to smokey yunick... that a hella compliment.
i still own a mfm chassis. with the vertical pede tranny mount even, and it looks 10000 times more scale than a looptyloop lcg.

i was mostly talking c1 with the worm drive loopy rail rant. mostly...

ive talked myself into a difficult spot with this rant because i dig the stuff like spiderpig. but i totally think the same thinking and coolness could be had if worm drives werent an option.

those guys who love to build and really be innovative, if they didnt have worm drives as an option would they be less innovative? i think not.
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #231
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
dev i compared you to smokey yunick... that a hella compliment.
i still own a mfm chassis. with the vertical pede tranny mount even, and it looks 10000 times more scale than a looptyloop lcg.

i was mostly talking c1 with the worm drive loopy rail rant. mostly...

ive talked myself into a difficult spot with this rant because i dig the stuff like spiderpig. but i totally think the same thinking and coolness could be had if worm drives werent an option.

those guys who love to build and really be innovative, if they didnt have worm drives as an option would they be less innovative? i think not.
Spiderpig is a great rig but it's not the losi axles that make it perform. Just like all the top drivers that don't use losi axles. It's just like everything else it's all in experience and knowing your rig. Spiderpig is my rig and I love using it as a point of reference. Yes it has losi axles. But it also has stock scx10 steel frame rails, it has a cms, a hard body cab, steel interior cage and maxes out at -50 points. The axles are what I had at the time. I enjoy them not for any performance gain but their reliability and cost. After all its not like I can go out and get a bunch of bolt on vanquish parts for them.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:46 PM   #232
Quarry Creeper

It also doesn't incorporate any of the original losi TVP I made my own skid to work with the axial frame rails.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:51 AM   #233

first thing i noticed with that rig were the really narrow rails and lack of losi bottom section. its a cool rig...

my thing with worm drives is primarily the drag brake.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:53 AM   #234
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
first thing i noticed with that rig were the really narrow rails and lack of losi bottom section. its a cool rig...

my thing with worm drives is primarily the drag brake.
You can set a drag brake on any Holmes esc to "Holmes hold" and it does the exact same function.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:04 PM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits View Post
You can set a drag brake on any Holmes esc to "Holmes hold" and it does the exact same function.

not nearly as well as a mechanical worm drive.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:10 PM   #236
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
not nearly as well as a mechanical worm drive.
Psst... if they're that awesome.... maybe you should build a rig with them.
After all "if you can't beat them, join them"
Essentially we could go on and on with this until the entire interweb is sick of our discussion. I see them as any other axle on the market, they have pro's and con's.

Is the 2017 rule set ready yet?...

Old 10-20-2016, 01:20 PM   #237

i do have a lcc drivetrain and a neat idea on how to use them... c1 to me was all about having fun on the scale side of things, and i did pretty well with my leafed tf2. (2nd place at the first ecsc) but after going to colorado and seeing what a losi based rig is capable of it made me wish that at least c1 had some restrictions to keep the more stock rigs competitive and the courses like... not so brutal.

like i said ive talked myself into a tough spot... sometimes being bored and a little mad at the world leads me to rants that coulda been handled with less pissyness.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:00 PM   #238
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i do have a lcc drivetrain and a neat idea on how to use them... c1 to me was all about having fun on the scale side of things, and i did pretty well with my leafed tf2. (2nd place at the first ecsc) but after going to colorado and seeing what a losi based rig is capable of it made me wish that at least c1 had some restrictions to keep the more stock rigs competitive and the courses like... not so brutal.

like i said ive talked myself into a tough spot... sometimes being bored and a little mad at the world leads me to rants that coulda been handled with less pissyness.
Apology accepted.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:14 AM   #239
Quarry Creeper

Any idea as of when the new 2017 rules will be available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:31 AM   #240
Rock Crawler

Does a drop bed still get points if its covered with a removable cover? Assuming you pop it off for the tech guys and show them the drop bed underneath.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote

2016 Scale Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules dna4engr Minnesota 61 04-02-2016 06:16 PM
2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion Dezertdirt WRCCA Information 174 03-22-2016 12:14 PM
MNRCRC 2016 Rules Discussion Thread dna4engr Minnesota 66 11-09-2015 09:50 PM