Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: 2016 Scale Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2016, 11:36 AM   #261

Default Re: 2016 Scale Rules

Another question from italian drivers

Is it legal to use a twin hammers chassis for a class 1 build (respecting all other class 1 rules of course)?

rules say you need a full leght chassis (frame rails or tub chassis), long at least same lenght as the wheelbase, right?

stock twin hammers is a class 3, tub chassis is too short and rear axle isn't covered by chassis...will be legal buy adding to it a part of frame rails in the back (the driver wants to replicate a ford f150 raptor )? or it's better to find a way to add a nother part of tub chassis in the back? or using a full rail chassis combined only with the twin hammers front ifs suspension and diff? any suggestion?

what kind of parts are legal to add to a short frame to make it long enough to be legal? what if glueing a plastic/resin part in the back to make the tub chassis longer?

Thank you
SimoCanto86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2016, 10:37 PM   #262
Quarry Creeper

Would I get -1 for functional points for the headers I made? Or are they part of the 3d motor points?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
baconbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:15 PM   #263
Oppan Gangnam Style

I'm guessing part of motor.

Unless they spew smoke, fire and toxic exhaust that will make my eyes water.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:27 PM   #264

on the flip side... im just speculating but if somebody can claim a non-functional point for simple exhaust tips poking out under a body (like the tamiya hilifts), or stacks coming out of the bed, i could see you convincing tech to give you that point. imho you definitely put the work in to get a non-funtional point for those. but thats just my opinion.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:33 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoCanto86 View Post
Another question from italian drivers

Is it legal to use a twin hammers chassis for a class 1 build (respecting all other class 1 rules of course)?

rules say you need a full leght chassis (frame rails or tub chassis), long at least same lenght as the wheelbase, right?

stock twin hammers is a class 3, tub chassis is too short and rear axle isn't covered by chassis...will be legal buy adding to it a part of frame rails in the back (the driver wants to replicate a ford f150 raptor )? or it's better to find a way to add a nother part of tub chassis in the back? or using a full rail chassis combined only with the twin hammers front ifs suspension and diff? any suggestion?
im not sorrca but i have seen some pretty cool builds using a twinhammers front end bolted to the scx rails.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #266
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
on the flip side... im just speculating but if somebody can claim a non-functional point for simple exhaust tips poking out under a body (like the tamiya hilifts), or stacks coming out of the bed, i could see you convincing tech to give you that point. imho you definitely put the work in to get a non-funtional point for those. but thats just my opinion.
Agreed, i would give it the non functional -1.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 01:19 PM   #267
RCC Addict

Exhaust -1. Right on the SORRCA points. What is there to think about?
josh6575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 01:36 PM   #268
I joined the Band!

So rock lights don't count as a functional scale item ? or do they? Seeing as how I see them on 1:1 crawlers I think they should count.. Thoughts?
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:07 AM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh6575 View Post
Exhaust -1. Right on the SORRCA points. What is there to think about?
the og question was functional points.

also, if you had the old fracture engine with the exhaust manifold detail just machined into the engine block, i could see that not really being the same as a separate component like bolt on headers or exhaust running under the truck.

besides, some of us might just like to talk shop or bs a little.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:14 AM   #270
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
No real changes to the rules. We're trying to be consistent from year to year so they are easier to follow. A few wording changes is all. Overall they seem to be working pretty well as written, so why complicate things? Just be reasonable with the builds and there won't be any major changes in the future! Thanks!
Well said!
ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 01:54 PM   #271

How do you consider the new Duratrax Deep Woods / Louise CR 1.9" tires in size? i can't find the size on their website:
DuraTrax Performance Tires - Scale/Crawler Tires

is anyone already running those tires in sorrca comps? C2 legal or not?
Old 11-19-2016, 02:46 PM   #272

edit. derp.... c2 is 4.75 so as far as size you should be fine.

Last edited by badhoopty; 11-19-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:16 AM   #273

is there an official size of that tires anywhere online?

couple of other questions btw....

- Honcho bed: can the lower, round part of the bed where usually you carry the spare tire can be considered a 3d cargo area if it's used to carry scale items instead of the tire?

- axial bodies rollbar: the rollcage in axial bodies such as dingo, jeep g6 and deadbolt, is considered for scale points only for the first row of seat (-1 plastic) ? what about the rear part of it? since there are no back seats......the rules say you don't need to have them but just the place where they should be, but these are particular modified bodies not scale counterparts of a real stock1/1 truck, and usually you have the fake fuel tank in the back and no seats....
Old 11-20-2016, 12:25 PM   #274
Rock Crawler

So on my class 1, my tf2 yota cab has become old and beat up and parts broken. I was going to cut the cab off keeping the windshield and doing a small cage for a cab. Is that to much of a body modification for a class 1?
Picture for reference of the cab being cut. (Not my build)
Bogncrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #275
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogncrawl View Post
So on my class 1, my tf2 yota cab has become old and beat up and parts broken. I was going to cut the cab off keeping the windshield and doing a small cage for a cab. Is that to much of a body modification for a class 1?
Picture for reference of the cab being cut. (Not my build)

[SNIP]
I'd day that it would fall under "Only mild trimming such as flairs & removing a hardtop are allowed" for class 1.

I'm obviously not a part of the rules committee though, so I'd wait for one of them to chime in, but I can't see why it wouldn't be ok.
Noll11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:07 PM   #276
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoCanto86 View Post
is there an official size of that tires anywhere online?

couple of other questions btw....

- Honcho bed: can the lower, round part of the bed where usually you carry the spare tire can be considered a 3d cargo area if it's used to carry scale items instead of the tire?

No. The 3D cargo area is not for beds. Only for enclosed vehicles e.g. a trunk or the rear of a SUV.

- axial bodies rollbar: the rollcage in axial bodies such as dingo, jeep g6 and deadbolt, is considered for scale points only for the first row of seat (-1 plastic) ? what about the rear part of it? since there are no back seats......the rules say you don't need to have them but just the place where they should be, but these are particular modified bodies not scale counterparts of a real stock1/1 truck, and usually you have the fake fuel tank in the back and no seats....
Correct. Points only for one row. There has to be an area where seats would be. If the area is filled with something else then there is no room for seats and no points for the cage.
Basically you would get the points for the second row if you cut the body where you would put the seats in.

How do I know? I've asked the exact same questions in one of these rule threads.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:29 AM   #277
I wanna be Dave

Interior cage or exo-cage: -3 metal, -1 plastic per row of seats or area where seats would be (vehicle doesn't need an interior to get these points). Cage must have down bars and cross bars in front and behind each row. Not available to tubers

One of us sees this wrong... the rule is for interior cage or exo cage. It states nothing about haveing to have a space for seats if occupied by something else.

Think VW van, 1 row of seats up front with the area behind filled with junk. ie: bicycle, scale engine, trombone.... (scale accessories)

If you had a 3 row interior cage or exo you would get the points simce the VW van is a 3 row capable vehicle.

Can you please quote where you recieved this info .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
Correct. Points only for one row. There has to be an area where seats would be. If the area is filled with something else then there is no room for seats and no points for the cage.
Basically you would get the points for the second row if you cut the body where you would put the seats in.

How do I know? I've asked the exact same questions in one of these rule threads.

Last edited by hotwheels000; 11-25-2016 at 09:41 AM.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:57 AM   #278
Quarry Creeper

Here you go.

2014 scale rules discussion or question thead

Only -1 for the Dingo cage unless you modify the interior.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:43 PM   #279
I wanna be Dave

Read post 510, 1 row of seats, 2 row cage points. Both the wraith and dingo qualify for 2 row cage points in stock form.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 05:41 PM   #280
I wanna be Dave

I think we changed the wording last year to give points for multi row cages. You used to have to have seats to get the cage points, but you only need an area that could have seats to get the cage points.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote

2016 Scale Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules dna4engr Minnesota 61 04-02-2016 06:16 PM
2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion Dezertdirt WRCCA Information 174 03-22-2016 12:14 PM
MNRCRC 2016 Rules Discussion Thread dna4engr Minnesota 66 11-09-2015 09:50 PM