Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Nationals

Notices

Thread: Vehicle class questions (legality for event)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Vehicle class questions (legality for event)

Thanks for the info I am wider and taller than I need to be... Will match wheel base to body once it arrives..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
It looks to me like you are over 3" if you include the front and rear bumpers. That is assuming you have a bumper on the rear cage work. Remember bumpers just need to be wider than the frame rails to count, so it would be easy to add if needed. And, the 3" is overall, so it can be spread out between the front and rear for a total of 3" longer than wheelbase.

Still wondering if you have frame rails, if not, it would be a c3 rig as tubers are not allowed in C2. Although truggies are,and truggy does not necesarily mean it is a truck,it is more on the build style and design rather than physical appearance of the body.

Sure would love to see you run this rig no matter what class, even if you had to make a few mods it would be cool to see out on the trails.
Trust me I'd love to bring it too. I just love this thing BTW it does have a full length frame. Yeah, being over by 1.5 I'd need to shorten it by 2" on both ends give or take. I'll try putting some 2.2 5.5" tires off my wraith on this thing and see who the suspension and steering works. Just never intended on 2.2's for it. Thanks for your help on these rules because most of us can't figure it out on our own
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
It looks to me like you are over 3" if you include the front and rear bumpers. That is assuming you have a bumper on the rear cage work. Remember bumpers just need to be wider than the frame rails to count, so it would be easy to add if needed. And, the 3" is overall, so it can be spread out between the front and rear for a total of 3" longer than wheelbase.

Still wondering if you have frame rails, if not, it would be a c3 rig as tubers are not allowed in C2. Although truggies are,and truggy does not necesarily mean it is a truck,it is more on the build style and design rather than physical appearance of the body.

Sure would love to see you run this rig no matter what class, even if you had to make a few mods it would be cool to see out on the trails.
it has axial frame rails and skid
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Trust me I'd love to bring it too. I just love this thing BTW it does have a full length frame. Yeah, being over by 1.5 I'd need to shorten it by 2" on both ends give or take. I'll try putting some 2.2 5.5" tires off my wraith on this thing and see who the suspension and steering works. Just never intended on 2.2's for it. Thanks for your help on these rules because most of us can't figure it out on our own
I am confused.... the 3" is a minimium, you can be longer.

What is the total length of the body/frame/bumpers less the stinger ?

What is the wheelbase ?

Give me those two and I will not be confused anympre
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
I am confused.... the 3" is a minimium, you can be longer.

What is the total length of the body/frame/bumpers less the stinger ?

What is the wheelbase ?

Give me those two and I will not be confused anympre

Oh my, I thought I was the only one confused here

MY BAD after about the 50th time of reading i think I was misunderstanding the 3" rule. "longer" than wheelbase. WB is 11 3/4 the Chassis is 15 1/4 because my bumper is not wider than frame. And I also forgot we did cut the frame down. So is that no longer considered a "full rail chassis"?

Body is 13 1/8 maybe 1/4

Pictures help not the typical class rig but ones are just over minimum allowed.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Oh my, I thought I was the only one confused here

MY BAD after about the 50th time of reading i think I was misunderstanding the 3" rule. "longer" than wheelbase. WB is 11 3/4 the Chassis is 15 1/4 because my bumper is not wider than frame. And I also forgot we did cut the frame down. So is that no longer considered a "full rail chassis"?

Body is 13 1/8 maybe 1/4

Pictures help not the typical class rig but ones are just over minimum allowed.
15.25 - 11.75 = 3.5 so it sounds like you meet the requirements just fine.

So far, it seems your width is fine as it the length....

Naked pics would clear up the chassis questions for sure.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
15.25 - 11.75 = 3.5 so it sounds like you meet the requirements just fine.

So far, it seems your width is fine as it the length....

Naked pics would clear up the chassis questions for sure.
COOL!

BTW I have a feeling this kind of stuff wasn't clear last year when my buddy thought he was building a c2 and after getting there found out is was more like c1 compared to all the stuff in c2. He let off some steam in the old thread last week

Body is 13 1/4

Old 01-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Frame looks fine.

The only other item I see that is needed to be legal for C2 is a front bumper. That should be easy to add,just bolt it on the the frame rails and no welding or disassembly would be required. Remember, the bumper only needs to be wider than the frame so it doesnt have to interfere with the looks of your rig if you choose to go minimalistic with it.

One other item that may come into play is min scale points, those have not been announced yet, so I cant speak to those.

Dont forget to abide by the other requirements of the class like tire size

Hope that answers all the questions

Last edited by hotwheels000; 01-14-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Thanks for spending time helping others get ready for the event. Very cool. You must be a hell of a nice guy. LOL I look forward to meet you at Lucia.

Evan
SlickRockSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRockSpider View Post
Thanks for spending time helping others get ready for the event. Very cool. You must be a hell of a nice guy. LOL I look forward to meet you at Lucia.

Evan
X2! Yes thank you very much. If Dan hadn't had posted his jeep I would have never considered bringing my bug. Yes with a few tweeks and accessories we should be good. After our 1st comp last night we went to dinner with about 11 people and spent a little time going over my bug being in C2. Same as I thought, none of them understood the rules like I didn't. I guess since we don't follow any of the rules for traditional comps (spec) it will probably take us extra time to understand some of them. Glad you set up this thread. Hopefully we will be able to get in
Old 01-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRockSpider View Post

Evan
Nice guy huh.... you are ruining my rep We have met before Evan, it was at one of Tims RR comps Although,I will probally ask you who you are again since I am terrible with names and faces

Quote:
X2! Yes thank you very much. If Dan hadn't had posted his jeep I would have never considered bringing my bug. Yes with a few tweeks and accessories we should be good. After our 1st comp last night we went to dinner with about 11 people and spent a little time going over my bug being in C2. Same as I thought, none of them understood the rules like I didn't. I guess since we don't follow any of the rules for traditional comps (spec) it will probably take us extra time to understand some of them. Glad you set up this thread. Hopefully we will be able to get in
No problem , I am always happy to try and help. I think spending a little time with them(the rules) and you will see the rules were written to make the vehicles as equal as possable without killing the creativity. In doing so,it allows for a ton of build types and allowing everybody to have a place to build and compete weather they want a mall crawler or full on comp ready tube buggy or anything in-between. The key is in the rules and not in the class descriptions since we all interpret those phrases differently and what is "street"/"trail"/"mod" in Arizona may not fly under Cali law.

Looking forward to meeting new people at this event and re-visiting with old friends.

Last edited by hotwheels000; 01-16-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan wilson View Post
hay tim here are the pics u wanted please let me know yes or no for class 2 thanks
Old 01-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

I can tell you that it will need some front inner fenders to cover up the wiring
SDS Customz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:05 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS Customz View Post
I can tell you that it will need some front inner fenders to cover up the wiring
thanks dave but other then that im good to go
Old 01-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

As far as I can tell, it looks legal. Difficult to tell in some of the pictures. If it meets these specs, then it should be legal:

Class-2 “Trail” Details:

• Body/cage work must be at least 4.5" tall (including boat sides) and the inside of the front tires cannot extend outside of the width of the cab at the doors.
• A front bumper is required and must be mounted to the vehicle's rail chassis and must be wider than the outside of the chassis rails (chassis cross rails do not count as bumpers).
• You must run a full rail chassis, and the chassis (including bumpers) must be 3" longer than the wheelbase (this includes a chassis with a truggy rear frame).
•Truggies are allowed, but you must replace the ladder frame behind the cab with tube, and the truggy rails must extend past the rear axle pumpkin to be legal. The bed must have a roll bar hoop and integrated shock mounts. It also must be a structural part of the rear of the vehicle. (If your bed does not meet ALL of the preceding criteria, it does not count as a truggy bed).
• Flatbeds that run the full length of the rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed.
• 2 of the 3 following modifications are allowed:
- Dovetailing the rear (a truggy/tube bed that is narrower than the cab counts as a dovetail).
- Boat sides (no more than 1" measured vertically).
- Pinching the front (2/3 the width of the widest part of the cab).
• Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed.
• 120mm / 4.75" max tire size with a 2.2 max rim size including spare.
• Gates will be a minimum of 12" wide (so mind your width).
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #36
RCC Addict

thanks tim
Old 01-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #37
RCC Addict

I just printed out the rules.... Is the tire list updated???? I am gonna assume that ripsaws are banned in class3?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
I just printed out the rules.... Is the tire list updated???? I am gonna assume that ripsaws are banned in class3?
No, Ripsaws are legal.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Cool deal just got to get the tekin esc and motor coming and im good to start a build thread..
Old 02-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #40
RCC Addict

I thought I posted this today but I guess not. I have this sitting here and might not be able to build a C3 early bronco. What are the rules for inner fenders on a ftoy tuber? I have two servos which will be visible.

Vehicle class questions (legality for event) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NIRC Trail Class Event 9.25.11 sally1800 Illinois 73 09-27-2011 04:59 AM
Palmer park Event June 26th / 2.2 s and Scaler Class lwb Sami Colorado 34 06-27-2011 02:45 PM
Partial sag vehicle questions Big Rig Crawler General Crawlers 4 06-23-2010 02:48 PM