Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: EP's K2-3S **New chassis**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2006, 10:40 AM   #81
MODERATOR™

Okay so the fuse is working.

Damn this Revolver!!!

I popped a bead. And the rubber cement peels right off the wheels and tires, so that's cool. So I drilled holes in the front wheels to let that air out. I also added BBs to the front tires and the difference is very noticeable. I don't know why I didn't start out with BBs, I should know better. Having BBs is always better.
Attached Images

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

good thread Eeepee, this whole thing has been very informative. i love my revolver also,i switched to a 15tooth just as soon as i got the motor i knew the 12tooth would destroy things... ive broken plenty of pede yokes now but havent stripped a hex yet.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #83
MODERATOR™

Thanks DF, I appreciate it. I like this K2-3S so much that I've got parts on the way for a K2-3L chassis build up. This one will be a little more scale-ish.

Get this, when I was replacing the plastic yoke I snapped two of them, broke off an ear, they're brand new!

Then, on the third one I cracked the hole for the pin! What the FORK!?

I even soaked em all in hot water for a few minutes! That's enough to piss me off. I'm on yoke number 8 or something silly. Maybe those metal ones are what I should use...
Old 10-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

i switched to the metal ones and started breaking diff/axle parts. but i dont have a slipper clutch. and it has definetly made me a more cautious driver...
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:04 PM   #85

This is an awesome rig....let us know how the K2-3L is.
P-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:06 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Lightbulb Idea!

Cool rig!! On page three ( I think it's pg.3) You hinted that you wanted more speed. Go to maxamps.com and get their 4400 lipo saddle pack, it should work perfect on your truck. It will also save you room ( Seeing you have a lack of it!!). http://maxamps.com/index.html?lmd=39003.722002
Third item down in the scroll box in the middle of the screen. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
Stallion1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #87
MODERATOR™

Thanks fellers.

Stallion, I went to a 16 tooth pinion on the Revolver. So now it's a 16/87 on 5 cells. It's not fast, but fast enough to save it when I need to. And still plenty strong to break plastic yokes. I'm close to making the switch to Lipos, but not yet. And I'm eyeballing that A123 stuff.

Between the Hi Lift and a K2-3L, I'm a little tapped out of cash for the moment.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Looks great!!!!!!!
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:33 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

My K2-3S is on the way, I'll surely refer to this thread many times for tips and set up ideas.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

steel yokes bro and they make alum hexes that clamp down too

looks killer though ep
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:18 PM   #91
MODERATOR™

Thanks Bam.

Dez, you'll like this one, it's great. Any questions just ask.

Smokinu, thanks. I like the weak links, they're cheap, and keep me from having to open up either the axles or the tranny to replace parts, or buy new wheels. The Pede wheels, and the HPI wheels are toasted. The RD400 beadlocks are holding up great. Since the stock hexes are on the same parts tree as the axle housing, I got plenty of spare parts.

Word!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee
Thanks Bam.

Dez, you'll like this one, it's great. Any questions just ask.

Smokinu, thanks. I like the weak links, they're cheap, and keep me from having to open up either the axles or the tranny to replace parts, or buy new wheels. The Pede wheels, and the HPI wheels are toasted. The RD400 beadlocks are holding up great. Since the stock hexes are on the same parts tree as the axle housing, I got plenty of spare parts.

Word!
true and word
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:51 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Excellent write up thread, i have to wait till i get paid and will be getting a K2-3L from Kaetwo very soon. I will be re-reading this post and his build manual many times i think in building my first crawler

I have a tlt axles
Pede tranny, do I need to remove the slipper clutch?
K2-3L chassis, in near future
Range Rover body, wheel base will be 10" and shocks will be near verticle. Im gonna go for kinda scale but not worry too much about it.
Nitro_Geezer_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #94

hello every one i got the k2-3L a while back and i have some questions first i will tell you what im running , locked stampede tranny titan 550 6 cells rooster ESC (going to get the super rooster out of my pede) stampede front shocks and moabs when i nail the throttle it torqs to the right is there any way so stop it or lessen it? and i have no wheel speed with the titan motor what would you recomend motor wise? is the novak crawler a good set up?
Roughneck4x4k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:07 PM   #95
MODERATOR™

Hey thanks Nitro Geezer, I hope this thread can be useful. Some people leave the slipper on the tranny for a safety measure to help reduce broken parts. Makes sense to me, but I don't have one, nor do I plan on using one. Even on my Hi Lift I have the slipper tightened down pretty tight. I'd be like driving a car with a slipping clutch, and that's annoying!

Roughnecker, you might be best off starting your own thread but I can answer a few of your questions. You can reduce that rolling to the one side by increasing the spring stiffness on the rear of the truck on that side. The left side for the TLTs. Supposedly running the tranny with the spur gear facing forward instead of to the rear also helps, but I've not tried that in any of my TLT builds. I have no experience with the Titan motors either, but aren't they supposed to be ran on 12 cells? So you're spinning them at half speed. But crawlers are supposed to be slow. The Novak Crawler brushless combo is nearly the same speed as a 27 turn Tamiya motor, which would make for a pretty fast crawler.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:52 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Just re-read the entire post for info on mine. Answered alot of questions and got some part numbers needed!

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by dezfan; 10-30-2006 at 10:09 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:21 PM   #97
Release your anger..

where did you get it?
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:33 PM   #98
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
Answered alot of questions and got some part numbers needed!
Good. Glad.

Notice the lower links I used here aren't what I put on my long chassis, which has what the build sheet specs. This truck has turnbuckles, the long truck has a fatter link. One's for a Maxx, the other a Revo.

GT40, I got it from Kaetwo, one of our Vendors here, check the Vendor's Forum.

Attached Images

Last edited by EeePee; 10-31-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:46 PM   #99
Release your anger..

thanks ep i just pmed him
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #100
Pebble Pounder

Default k2

nice it looks good how does it crawl im getting a k2-3l and i was wondering if they work good for the scalenesss pm me plz
codizzl is offline   Reply With Quote