Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Problems after problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #121
Quarry Creeper

Molands are off for now. Getting narrowed a bit
rocktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #122
Pebble Pounder

Well I wheeled with this guy and all I have to say is he drives like a P#%%y!!

Nice thread!!
Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #123
Quarry Creeper

Ok so I'll update this a bit. I ran the rig with 2.2 tires a few times with no real issue's.

RPC will dig this and I apologize since its my screw up. I didnt realize I had put one of their diff's back in before. I have 2 sets of axles so hey shit happens. So for awhile now its been running with a RCP diff in back. The pinion on this one was shimmed though. Now the bad part. I found it when the pinion snapped off at the hole. When I removed it I found 2 teeth broken as well. So my bad I didnt realize it was in there. It still broke though.

When that pinion broke I replaced it with stock diff and internals locked and a RC4wd steel pinion. I also installed RC4wd stainless shafts(not straight ones). I broke a shaft by the end of the day. Replaced with stockers that I pulled out.

It has worked well since that day. Till I put K-roc's on it for giggle's. 1 the tires suck for the most part, 2 lotsa wheel hop, 3 you got it BOOM factor. In the day they were on I had broke 3 outers(split the cups apart) 1 inner(cups on outter jammed when left loose) and the front diff screws worked loose which broke the JB weld apart.

Ran it today in a mini comp with my M2k's on it. Basicly no problems all day except me pushing it to hard once. It got jammed and popped a rear shaft. It was a pretty old shaft so not really a big deal.

I do find it very hard to run my rig without the larger tires on it. Theres alot of stuff it just wont do now. I got a little something in the works though for this rig

Yes I wheel like a *****
rocktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #124
RCC Addict

even all stock innerds, I never broke anything on the inside (knocking on wood) the way you drive has a lot to do with it too...
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote