Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: New toy for the shop, CNC Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2016, 06:44 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New toy for the shop, CNC Mill

Your vise is a little out of tram but otherwise everything looks great!
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2016, 06:42 PM   #122
Web Wheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
Your vise is a little out of tram but otherwise everything looks great!
Can't believe I missed that! Can you believe it was loose as well? I must be getting old

I ended up tramming my vise twice yesterday. The second time, was because I didn't have it far enough back. But after locking one of the bolts, and sweeping it, it was only 0.001" out of tram! Love when that happens

I cut the last bracket I needed to move the X axis servo yesterday. Only scrapped one part in the process.... Apparently I changed the stickout on my 1/4" endmill that I used to touch off the z height, and did not update it in the offset library. I should have checked the heights of the tools I was using, as I haven't machined anything on it since I started on the new base for it several months ago

But in the end it turned out great. And Fusion seems to have made it even easier than I remember it being when it comes to selecting holes.

It will be nice finally having the servo below the height of the table. And its tucked in much closer as well.

Its a tight fit, but everything clears. I will be bending up a sliding way cover for the front Y axis.

And the chip pans are already making a huge difference in helping to contain the chips. I still have to sweep up chips in front of the machine, but most fall into the pans.

Going to get the pans mounted to the base this week. And hopefully start working on the enclosure frame next weekend.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:39 PM   #123
Pebble Pounder

Looking good!
rex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:22 PM   #124
Web Wheeling

Started working on the enclosure yesterday, and made a lot of progress. Also really appreciated having heat in the garage today with it being -20f outside today, and a toasty 60f in the shop!

I also finally got to try out my new LED lights, really pleased with them so far. I am going to move them around a bit, and figure out what placement works the best.

Still plenty of details to work out with the side doors/windows, and front doors. As well as closing up the front of the chip pan, and the Y axis way cover.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #125
Web Wheeling

Doors are on and working. I still need to make some lower track guides for the front doors. And I need to add a latch to the side doors. But I am taking a break from working on the enclosure for awhile. I wanted to make a set of beadlocks, and finish the power drawbar now that the enclosure catches most of the chips.

I cut 1 wheel last night, its not to fancy, but I am happy with it.

New toy for the shop, CNC Mill - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CNC Router/Mill by Shapeoko 89redranger Tools, and Procedures 15 06-30-2013 09:22 AM
Anybody have any experience on a minitech cnc mill/2? klabeaume Tools, and Procedures 2 07-27-2012 02:27 PM
CNC Mill on the Cheap. (colorado) dezrik Chit Chat 0 12-06-2008 08:40 AM
Pics of my new cnc mill. BENDER Tools, and Procedures 18 11-22-2007 12:38 AM
Taig CNC mill bret4 Tools, and Procedures 6 09-22-2006 01:54 PM