Notices

Thread: TRX-4 Jeep Cherokee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TRX-4 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Olsen View Post
These are warm white 3000kv and look pretty darn good during the day. And not half bad at night.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dan those do look very nice and bright i have choices to make maybe i will try both and go from there
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2018, 11:54 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

looking forward to seeing progress on this. nice to know i'm not the only one that went xj with it

ubernewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:58 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernewb View Post
looking forward to seeing progress on this. nice to know i'm not the only one that went xj with it

thanks been doing some stuff slowly but I am getting there
Old 03-31-2018, 11:58 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Having this plaque in town also makes having a Jeep that much more special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2018, 01:30 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

The weather was finally nice enough that I could get outside for a couple more pictures of what is up next
Wanted to do something different with the rear mount system so I am thinking of going this route not sure yet but it got possibles everything is held in place with posters putty just to get an idea of what it will look like. If I go with this I will use scale bolts to get a better look let me know if it's a good or bad idea everything should be up high enough that it won't hang up on things plus I don't have the weight of a spare tire

Old 03-31-2018, 10:27 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Looks good how you mocked it up!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:37 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Looks good how you mocked it up!
Thanks for the kind words
Old 03-31-2018, 10:46 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
The weather was finally nice enough that I could get outside for a couple more pictures of what is up next
Wanted to do something different with the rear mount system so I am thinking of going this route not sure yet but it got possibles everything is held in place with posters putty just to get an idea of what it will look like. If I go with this I will use scale bolts to get a better look let me know if it's a good or bad idea everything should be up high enough that it won't hang up on things plus I don't have the weight of a spare tire
Looks good. If you get hung up your in a whole world of hurt. My only suggestion is to mount the Hi-Lift on it's end handle up.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:51 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Looks good. If you get hung up your in a whole world of hurt. My only suggestion is to mount the Hi-Lift on it's end handle up.
Not a bad idea I will try to see what I can come up with I was going with something like you have on your 1:1
Old 04-01-2018, 01:08 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Not a bad idea I will try to see what I can come up with I was going with something like you have on your 1:1
The pic i posted was the first week i had it. After 2 trips the insanely annoying way the previous owner mounted it was removed for good. As i didn't have a roof rack, I mounted it on the rear spare tire mount (Circled in Orange). Hope that helps. XJ is looking great and look forward to it painted.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2018, 01:12 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The pic i posted was the first week i had it. After 2 trips the insanely annoying way the previous owner mounted it was removed for good. As i didn't have a roof rack, I mounted it on the rear spare tire mount (Circled in Orange). Hope that helps. XJ is looking great and look forward to it painted.
Is it mounted horizontal under the tire or vertically
Old 04-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Ok so I wired up my lights tonight and tired one of each bright and warm sorry for horrible picture but the clear winner is obvious
After getting the lights swapped out I think it looks good I know it's not period correct but with a little searching you can get LED lights for 2000 XJ so why not

Old 04-01-2018, 10:05 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Is it mounted horizontal under the tire or vertically
Horizontally under the tire.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:06 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ok so I wired up my lights tonight and tired one of each bright and warm sorry for horrible picture but the clear winner is obvious

After getting the lights swapped out I think it looks good I know it's not period correct but with a little searching you can get LED lights for 2000 XJ so why not
I Vote for the Bright LED
Old 04-01-2018, 11:05 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I Vote for the Bright LED
That is my choice also plus with the light bar it will all be the same color and with a little work I might be able to mount the jack different
Old 04-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Not my normal outside picture but thought I'd share latest idea going off CMBSCX10 suggestion from his actual 1:1 XJ. I found some nylon black bushings at local hardware store (awesome place they stock metric screws for pennies it's like my personal screw shop I am probably only one buying them) that moves jack out to clear the mount. The support arm already has 2 holes drilled into it so to my it was worth a try. Again used poster putty to hold things in place

Old 04-02-2018, 10:34 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

It's nice to see the plaque getting some likes. Thought it would be nice to share some history with everyone. To me it's the little things that go missed. Very time I drive by it I wonder how much pride those folks had working their and if any of them are still around to maybe get a story of the place. Just makes me feel proud to see it
Old 04-02-2018, 11:07 PM   #38
RCC Addict

I'm a WWII history buff and I always felt Bantam got the short end of the government supply contract. But I also recognize it was war and Bantam physically could not build enough GPs to supply the needs of the war. Another interesting factoid is that after the war, the British were so impressed with the GP's ability that the very first Land Rover was built on a GP chassis. So it could be argued that Bantam inspired the birth of Land Rover. Thanks for sharing the plaque!
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Not my normal outside picture but thought I'd share latest idea going off CMBSCX10 suggestion from his actual 1:1 XJ. I found some nylon black bushings at local hardware store (awesome place they stock metric screws for pennies it's like my personal screw shop I am probably only one buying them) that moves jack out to clear the mount. The support arm already has 2 holes drilled into it so to my it was worth a try. Again used poster putty to hold things in place
There you go, that looks really good.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:33 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I'm a WWII history buff and I always felt Bantam got the short end of the government supply contract. But I also recognize it was war and Bantam physically could not build enough GPs to supply the needs of the war. Another interesting factoid is that after the war, the British were so impressed with the GP's ability that the very first Land Rover was built on a GP chassis. So it could be argued that Bantam inspired the birth of Land Rover. Thanks for sharing the plaque!
Thanks for sharing that little bit of history I did not know that about Land Rover

TRX-4 Jeep Cherokee - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep JK TRX-4 Build Crawler505 Traxxas TRX-4 46 05-12-2019 07:16 PM
Old School Jeep Theme Song Commercial Remake - C1 Cherokee - 4wding is fun in a Jeep Sp3cia1-K Scale Videos! 5 11-10-2014 12:31 AM
Jeep Rubicon vs. Jeep Cherokee DAGUL Scale Videos! 1 03-22-2012 05:26 AM