Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: TRX-4 2017 Jeep JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2019, 07:55 PM   #141
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TRX-4 2017 Jeep CRC JK

After getting a kick in the ass from Animal I am back at the JK. Taking on some body wiring this time around. It came out ok but I think I can improve it to get remove the rats nest in the front. I think I have something already in mind which is a scary...yep me thinking again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #142
Rock Crawler

After getting a kick in the ass I have been on a little quicker pace to finish this one up. Had the HPI SKB show up along with Animal Hippie giving me some motivation. I finished up the lights and light bar. Next was the wireless winch control. Was looking for a good spot and nothing was working. Noticed I had some extra space on the front shelf. I can't laydown the controller due to it hitting the inner grill so up it goes. Needed to change me servo wires around to make it fit in. Next I wired it for power using a Deans plug and piggy back off the HeyOk connection to get power straight from the battery which turned out to be a clean install. Almost done with this JK and on to the HPI SBK.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #143
Rock Crawler

It was a nice day here today so I was out at my crawling spot for some picture time.

Old 01-22-2020, 09:34 PM   #144

Default Re: TRX-4 2017 Jeep JK

Thanks for sharing your build - I hope mine turns out as nice as yours did!

I picked up my TRX4 Sport unassembled kit a couple weeks ago and have finished building almost everything but the body (and lighting). I cant say enough good things about this decision for my first kit. The instructions were clear and made sense to someone as new as myself. My current plan is to use the 17 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon body ( AX31578 ) on my TRX4 Sport and now I appreciate the work that will be needed to make it fit with the narrow inner fenders.

I have the body on order and will be posting progress pictures as I work on it.

Any advice you can give on how best to cut/trim the inner fenders? Did you use a Dremel?

Last edited by grey; 01-22-2020 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Added spaces to correct unintentional emoji
grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:15 AM   #145
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey View Post
Thanks for sharing your build - I hope mine turns out as nice as yours did!

I picked up my TRX4 Sport unassembled kit a couple weeks ago and have finished building almost everything but the body (and lighting). I cant say enough good things about this decision for my first kit. The instructions were clear and made sense to someone as new as myself. My current plan is to use the 17 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon body ( AX31578 ) on my TRX4 Sport and now I appreciate the work that will be needed to make it fit with the narrow inner fenders.

I have the body on order and will be posting progress pictures as I work on it.

Any advice you can give on how best to cut/trim the inner fenders? Did you use a Dremel?

Thank you for the kind comment

It was a struggle at times trying to get things lined up the way I wanted. As for the fenders I used a Dremel sanding drum. If I remember I did the cutting with a razor knife and hack saw blade. Best to leave the body clear to see where and how much to remove.
On a side note that was the last time that truck was outside for pictures. It’s been sitting on the shelf never ran . Been stealing parts off of it. I am entertaining the thought of selling the chassis. I plan on keeping the body but almost positive that the rest is going. I just lost all interest in the truck
Old 01-24-2020, 10:56 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
It was a struggle at times trying to get things lined up the way I wanted. As for the fenders I used a Dremel sanding drum. If I remember I did the cutting with a razor knife and hack saw blade. Best to leave the body clear to see where and how much to remove.
Thanks for the info - I'll be sure to leave the body unpainted until I get everything cut out - Ill need all the help with the fenders that I can get. I have a sanding drum and a blade that SHOULD be able to cut through this material. Thankfully the inner fenders are cheap to replace should something not go as planned. I am eager to get started but am waiting on parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
On a side note that was the last time that truck was outside for pictures. It’s been sitting on the shelf never ran . Been stealing parts off of it. I am entertaining the thought of selling the chassis. I plan on keeping the body but almost positive that the rest is going. I just lost all interest in the truck
Thats a shame to hear your parting it out especially since it turned out so nicely. Better the parts get used than sit on the shelf though

What rear body mount/post did you use? Was it a Traxxas or Axial part? I dont have an Axial mount/post to test with but IIRC someone had said they are interchangeable. If need be Ill order Traxxas 8215 and modify it if needed.

Last edited by grey; 01-24-2020 at 11:01 PM.
grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:09 PM   #147
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey View Post
Thanks for the info - I'll be sure to leave the body unpainted until I get everything cut out - Ill need all the help with the fenders that I can get. I have a sanding drum and a blade that SHOULD be able to cut through this material. Thankfully the inner fenders are cheap to replace should something not go as planned. I am eager to get started but am waiting on parts.

Thats a shame to hear your parting it out especially since it turned out so nicely. Better the parts get used than sit on the shelf though

What rear body mount/post did you use? Was it a Traxxas or Axial part? I dont have an Axial mount/post to test with but IIRC someone had said they are interchangeable. If need be Ill order Traxxas 8215 and modify it if needed.

Again thanks for the positive comments

As for the rear tower I used the Traxxas rear tower. I also used the Traxxas front towers. Just take your time with the fenders. You will be surprised at how much gets removed.

TRX-4 2017 Jeep JK - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Jeep Cherokee carpetfuzz17 Traxxas TRX-4 187 03-14-2021 07:28 PM
Jeep JK TRX-4 Build Crawler505 Traxxas TRX-4 46 05-12-2019 07:16 PM
2017 CRC Jeep Body carpetfuzz17 Axial SCX10 II 10 07-22-2018 08:25 PM
2017 Jeep body width number9 Axial SCX10 II 2 03-31-2018 10:12 AM