Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's BF VP Bundle Build - VS4-10 Style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2022, 08:14 PM   #41
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: B-MOW's BF VP Bundle Build - VS4-10 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Lookin good brian! Those RPRC rails look really good, purdy shade of blue. The panhard mount having to have a locknut on one screw was a bit disappointing to me. Have to take the whole thing apart if u ever need to get to it for any reason. A buddy has a GK n the nut came loose on him on the trail. We ended up takin half the chassis loose to fix it.

Cant wait to see more progress
Thanks bama! I'm really diggin' the blue rails! Glad I went that route!

The panhard mount nut isn't my most favorite part of the build! I'm hoping to get an aluminum servo mount on order soon. That will do away with that hideous nut! As for now, I do have a tiny wrench that does fit in there to hold the nut if it does come loose.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2022, 08:37 PM   #42
Go Buckeyes!

Update #3 and final for the night.

The VFD Twin trans in and mounted. It took some work to get it to fit back into the stock skid plated though. I had to Dremel out quite a bit of plastic on the driver side of the skid plate in order to get the trans to sit down in there and line up with the mounting tabs. My only guess to why I had to do this is maybe the chassis rails are squezzing to tightly on the skid plate causing it to "fold" in on itself. Not sure, but it took some time to get it just right.

Name:  IMG_0350(Edited).jpg
Views: 580
Size:  178.4 KB

In order to mount the front of the trans and spur gear cover, I cut off the mounting tabs on the stock VP servo mount. Without the front of the trans mounted, I didn't like how loose it was sitting in the chassis. I was afraid that if/when it get under load that the trans may shift side-to-side. Maybe just me overthinking and over engineering, but I wanted the mounts in there.

Name:  IMG_0352.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  146.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0353.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  112.7 KB

The RPRC chassis rails has a hole conveniently already drilled in the side of the chassis rails that lines up perfectly for the VFD front mount. The stock mount uses 2 screws to attach it, but I think 1 screw and nut on each side should be plenty to hold the front of the trans in place.

Name:  IMG_0354.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  122.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0355.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  169.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0356.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  128.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0357.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  179.9 KB

This is how much clearance there is between the VFD and the servo plate. No room for error there! It's tight but doable!!

Name:  IMG_0359.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  97.3 KB

And here's a sneak peak at my WOF #2 wheels that I plan on using on this rig. I wrapped them in a set of Pro-Line TSL Super Swampers in G8 compound. This is a tire that I have never bought in the past and decided to try a set out. I've always thought the were kinda of ugly, but most guys in my area swear by these for use on the terrain that is in the area.

Name:  IMG_0361.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  183.0 KB
Old 11-27-2022, 11:49 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Looks fun to see this being put together. Must. Not. Resist!

I wanted to use those tires also for my Rock Pirates build since they favor them and figured it'd be fitting (plan to put their stickers on it to represent).
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:32 AM   #44
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Looks fun to see this being put together. Must. Not. Resist!

I wanted to use those tires also for my Rock Pirates build since they favor them and figured it'd be fitting (plan to put their stickers on it to represent).
Thanks Goro!

Have fun resisting! Well it may be easier now that these kits are out of stock probably forever!

Yeah, I'll more than likely add some of their stickers too!
Old 11-29-2022, 04:33 PM   #45
Slow is the new Fast

Lookin' good B! Your Wheels of Fortune work perfectly with the interceptor. Those XL SS work well around here too. I generally get good performance with open tread blocks. The SS certainly has those.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:16 AM   #46
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Lookin' good B! Your Wheels of Fortune work perfectly with the interceptor. Those XL SS work well around here too. I generally get good performance with open tread blocks. The SS certainly has those.
Thanks smog!

Yeah, got luck with the WOF! I'm looking forward to trying out these tires! Always heard good things about them and I see them everywhere!
Old 12-01-2022, 09:28 AM   #47
Go Buckeyes!

Parts and pieces started rolling into the shop yesterday.

Ordered a couple NSDRC micro servos to do the OD and DIG jobs. Also picked up the servo horn made for the RS100 Micro and the adapter/winch plate to mount these little guys into a full size servo mount.

I still need to come up with some kind of way to mount the servos. I do have an order out at GSpeed for a couple of chassis servo mounts. I'll wait to see how they work out when they get here.

Name:  IMG_0393.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  183.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0394.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  140.5 KB

I stopped by the LHS yesterday to see what type of bodies they had in stock. I took the rig with me so that I could check wheelbase and width of random bodies.

Then I stumbled on a body that I recently fell in love with awhile back here on RCC. The once built rig by @distinctive_pd and now owned by @Fricker08 beautiful build used the Traxxas '35 Hot Rod Truck body. There it was, the same body! Quickly held up the rig to check fitment and off to the register I went.

This is a body that I think I've only ever seen used on a scale rig/rock crawler only one time by @DPD. I'm really looking forward to getting it cut and fitted to this chassis. Not yet sure of the color scheme, but It'll be something close to the WOF wheels that are currently mounted on it.

I roughly cut the fenders off of the body and sat'er on the rig. I marked out the shocks and shock tower locations to get an idea of what all will need trimmed. Hoping to get it closer and lowered down tonight after work.

Name:  IMG_0395.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  179.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0396.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  179.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0397.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  180.2 KB
Old 12-01-2022, 09:39 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Good progress, I’m a big fan of [mention]distinctive pd [/mention] hot rod build, so I’m excited to see what you come up with on this!

If the gspeed servo mounts don’t work, now would be a great opportunity to design your own and have them cut by sendcutsend. They also offer bending, should be pretty easy to make a nice custom fit part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:05 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Those gspeed servo mounts work great brian. Ive got them on the v3 phoenix i built for scale nats. U may have to drill your own holes in the chassis though

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:13 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Love it. This is gonna look pretty mean man.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:29 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Parts and pieces started rolling into the shop yesterday.

Ordered a couple NSDRC micro servos to do the OD and DIG jobs. Also picked up the servo horn made for the RS100 Micro and the adapter/winch plate to mount these little guys into a full size servo mount.

I still need to come up with some kind of way to mount the servos. I do have an order out at GSpeed for a couple of chassis servo mounts. I'll wait to see how they work out when they get here.

Attachment 401678

Attachment 401679

I stopped by the LHS yesterday to see what type of bodies they had in stock. I took the rig with me so that I could check wheelbase and width of random bodies.

Then I stumbled on a body that I recently fell in love with awhile back here on RCC. The once built rig by @distinctive_pd and now owned by @Fricker08 beautiful build used the Traxxas '35 Hot Rod Truck body. There it was, the same body! Quickly held up the rig to check fitment and off to the register I went.

This is a body that I think I've only ever seen used on a scale rig/rock crawler only one time by @DPD. I'm really looking forward to getting it cut and fitted to this chassis. Not yet sure of the color scheme, but It'll be something close to the WOF wheels that are currently mounted on it.

I roughly cut the fenders off of the body and sat'er on the rig. I marked out the shocks and shock tower locations to get an idea of what all will need trimmed. Hoping to get it closer and lowered down tonight after work.

Attachment 401680

Attachment 401681

Attachment 401682
Oh many I'm starting to drool a little (or a lot). That's gonna be one mean build. Loving where it's headed!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:32 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Default B-MOW's BF VP Bundle Build - VS4-10 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post

Seriously though, I had no plans to get either/or but deal sounded to good! I told myself again no more for the rest of the year!

We’ve all said that a time or two and we know how it turns out…

Looking good so far Brian. I love how that 35 body sits on the VS4 chassis and the cutting you did fits it perfectly. I can already see the classic B-MOW paint job on it lol.

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 12-01-2022 at 08:35 PM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 06:21 AM   #53
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Good progress, I’m a big fan of [mention]distinctive pd [/mention] hot rod build, so I’m excited to see what you come up with on this!

If the gspeed servo mounts don’t work, now would be a great opportunity to design your own and have them cut by sendcutsend. They also offer bending, should be pretty easy to make a nice custom fit part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Tom! Using sendcutsend is a great idea! I would like to design my own, but my Fushion 360 skills are ugly, but getting better. Sadly, I did take AutoCad back in Tech school back in 1990-91, but most of that learned has faded away! I do remember some and I have designed some simple parts on Fushion, so I should jump back on there and get a design together.

Quote:
Those gspeed servo mounts work great brian. Ive got them on the v3 phoenix i built for scale nats. U may have to drill your own holes in the chassis though

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the pic bama. I forgot you had used them in your V3 build. I did use the same mount on my G-rig V3 Origin build too. I used it for the winch servo. I'm hoping to make the mounts work in this build too.

Name:  IMG_6160.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  180.6 KB
Old 12-02-2022, 09:12 AM   #54
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Love it. This is gonna look pretty mean man.
Thanks Goro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Oh many I'm starting to drool a little (or a lot). That's gonna be one mean build. Loving where it's headed!

Thanks tigris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
We’ve all said that a time or two and we know how it turns out…

Looking good so far Brian. I love how that 35 body sits on the VS4 chassis and the cutting you did fits it perfectly. I can already see the classic B-MOW paint job on it lol.
Yep, turns out the same everytime! I never listen!

Thanks SLN! Gonna try to slam the '35 Hot Rod down as low as possible! My classic paint scheme may change with this one!
Old 12-02-2022, 04:21 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Wish i had a 3d printer n better computer. Havent done CAD since i graduated high school in 99. Man that makes me feel old sayin that lol.

Love the look of the ol '35. Ive been thinkin of using the '33 coupe on a build. Excited to see where u take this one
Old 12-03-2022, 06:51 AM   #56
Rock Stacker

Quote:
... since i graduated high school in 99. Man that makes me feel old sayin that lol.
Hey, you can't talk like that!

Class of '79 here.

Still playing with toys in the dirt...
RudyF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 11:11 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyF6 View Post

Class of '79 here.

Well damn, I feel a little better, class of 99 here as well.

tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 12:12 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:

Class of '79 here.

Quote:

Only difference between then n now is the price of the toys we play in the dirt with lol.

Bad thing is, im 42 but feel 82. Regret alot of stupid choices from my youth. But thankful God blesses me with everyday im here, my family, all the friends ive made, n out tiny trucks to play with lol
Old 12-03-2022, 01:17 PM   #59
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Wish i had a 3d printer n better computer. Havent done CAD since i graduated high school in 99. Man that makes me feel old sayin that lol.

Love the look of the ol '35. Ive been thinkin of using the '33 coupe on a build. Excited to see where u take this one
Thanks bama! I did see that '33 Coupe body and I think that could be made into something cool!

I took 4 years of mechanical drafting in high school. Back then CAD was still something new and only found in the Tech Schools. Now I wish I would have taken and paid more attention in my CAD classes!

Quote:

Class of '79 here.

Ditto. Me and the toys will always be out in the dirt!

Quote:

I'll split all 3 of you in the middle! Class of '89 here!

Quote:
Only difference between then n now is the price of the toys we play in the dirt with lol.

Bad thing is, im 42 but feel 82. Regret alot of stupid choices from my youth. But thankful God blesses me with everyday im here, my family, all the friends ive made, n out tiny trucks to play with lol
I hear ya! I felt pretty good at 40, then around 45 I started feeling the age! Now at 51 the aches and pains are daily issues. Not gonna let that get me down! I've got toy trucks to build!
Old 12-03-2022, 01:35 PM   #60
Go Buckeyes!

Spent last night watching Harley's Friday Night Live and cuttin' lexan!

Got the Hot Rod body all cut, lowered and mounted. Chopped and cut a little at a time until the body would go as low as possible without having the steering servo stick up thru the hood.

I received my Team GSpeed order yesterday. Picked up the chassis servo mounts in hopes that I can mount the OG and DIG micro servos to them. Also ordered the One Shot clear lexan body. This body was my first pick to use before I found the '35 Hot Rod Truck body. Looks like the One Shot body will have to go on a another new build!

Name:  IMG_0409.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  181.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0410.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  180.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0411.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  177.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0412.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  180.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0413.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  181.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0414.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  178.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0415.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  164.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0416.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  124.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0417.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  175.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0418.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0419.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  178.2 KB

I really like how this body hugs the chassis. It sits and fits well with the GSpeed V1-C1 sliders that I had left over from another overdue build. Also this body fits nicely and wrap around the front of the servo and tucks in between the chassis rails.

Hoping that this roller coaster weather pattern I'm currently having will swing back to warmer temps so that I can get some paint put on it. In the meantime, I'm going to work on getting the micro servos and receiver mounted so I can test her out in the basement.

B-MOW's BF VP Bundle Build - VS4-10 Style - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 148 03-12-2024 09:46 AM
B-MOW's VS4-10 Phoenix Portal B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 159 12-30-2023 12:28 PM
B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build B-MOW71 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 210 11-24-2023 04:40 PM
B-MOW's VS4-10 Origin Limited B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 40 09-15-2023 06:18 AM
B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 99 07-06-2021 09:22 AM