Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's BF VP Bundle Build - VS4-10 Style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2022, 02:01 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: B-MOW's BF VP Bundle Build - VS4-10 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Spent last night watching Harley's Friday Night Live and cuttin' lexan!

Got the Hot Rod body all cut, lowered and mounted. Chopped and cut a little at a time until the body would go as low as possible without having the steering servo stick up thru the hood.

I received my Team GSpeed order yesterday. Picked up the chassis servo mounts in hopes that I can mount the OG and DIG micro servos to them. Also ordered the One Shot clear lexan body. This body was my first pick to use before I found the '35 Hot Rod Truck body. Looks like the One Shot body will have to go on a another new build!

Attachment 401692

Attachment 401693

Attachment 401694

Attachment 401695

Attachment 401696

Attachment 401697

Attachment 401698

Attachment 401699

Attachment 401700

Attachment 401701

Attachment 401702

I really like how this body hugs the chassis. It sits and fits well with the GSpeed V1-C1 sliders that I had left over from another overdue build. Also this body fits nicely and wrap around the front of the servo and tucks in between the chassis rails.

Hoping that this roller coaster weather pattern I'm currently having will swing back to warmer temps so that I can get some paint put on it. In the meantime, I'm going to work on getting the micro servos and receiver mounted so I can test her out in the basement.
Ok I haven't seen a pic or post but you have this massive list of amazing builds already done, plenty in the works but I have a question, WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU PUT THEM ALL . Cause from all the ones I see here and IG it's starting to look like you could line every wall in a 12x12 room top to bottom.

I ask cause I forgot how much I loved doing builds, and everytime you always seem to mention a different build in one of these projects it makes my gears turn. But I'm gonna run outta room fast lol.

I had never noticed that one shot body till your pic, being I dabble in comps I always see mostly the same bodies. Ecto, this build your doing now and cliffhanger. That one shot I really like and the one set of comps I do, c2 has no scale points, just basic tire size, bumper etc restrictions from SORRCA rules. So of course a lexan body is going to perform better.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited by tigris99; 12-03-2022 at 02:05 PM.
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2022, 02:05 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Looks great so far Brian. I like how it tucks over the rails up front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:34 AM   #63
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Ok I haven't seen a pic or post but you have this massive list of amazing builds already done, plenty in the works but I have a question, WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU PUT THEM ALL . Cause from all the ones I see here and IG it's starting to look like you could line every wall in a 12x12 room top to bottom.

I ask cause I forgot how much I loved doing builds, and everytime you always seem to mention a different build in one of these projects it makes my gears turn. But I'm gonna run outta room fast lol.

I had never noticed that one shot body till your pic, being I dabble in comps I always see mostly the same bodies. Ecto, this build your doing now and cliffhanger. That one shot I really like and the one set of comps I do, c2 has no scale points, just basic tire size, bumper etc restrictions from SORRCA rules. So of course a lexan body is going to perform better.

"WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU PUT THEM ALL" That is a most excellent question and one that I would like to ask too! Ugg, I am in need of more room to store these and/or need to start liquidating!

Well, my shelving in my hobby room is full so my rigs have spilled out to other areas in my basement. Here, hold on, I'll just show you! There are some on the shelf like my V3 Origin and Marlin that are buried.

Name:  IMG_0424.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  178.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0427.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  179.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0429.jpg
Size:  179.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0428.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  179.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0426.jpg
Size:  155.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0425.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  179.3 KB

Here is a screenshot from GSpeed website. The One Shot looks like a cool body.

Name:  One Shot.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  170.8 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Looks great so far Brian. I like how it tucks over the rails up front

Thanks Tom! I think it's gonna look killer with some paint on it!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 10:32 AM   #64
Slow is the new Fast

I love it when when you guys show post of how out of control your collections are, it makes me feel better about the bloat I feel mine has become...lol

Build is coming along nicely B. Always enjoy your threads
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:24 AM   #65
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I love it when when you guys show post of how out of control your collections are, it makes me feel better about the bloat I feel mine has become...lol

Build is coming along nicely B. Always enjoy your threads
That's funny! I feel like I may need some picture therapy from some others collections to make me feel better!

Thanks for stopping by smog! Always glad to have ya!
Old 12-05-2022, 06:43 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
"WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU PUT THEM ALL" That is a most excellent question and one that I would like to ask too! Ugg, I am in need of more room to store these and/or need to start liquidating!

Well, my shelving in my hobby room is full so my rigs have spilled out to other areas in my basement. Here, hold on, I'll just show you! There are some on the shelf like my V3 Origin and Marlin that are buried.

Attachment 401705

Attachment 401706

Attachment 401707

Attachment 401708

Attachment 401709

Attachment 401710

Here is a screenshot from GSpeed website. The One Shot looks like a cool body.

Attachment 401711

Thanks Tom! I think it's gonna look killer with some paint on it!
Holy crap Brian!!!

Now I don't feel bad now. I'm not to the point of having to cram in whatever space I can find yet and now I know I'm not the only one that does it lol.

Always see people post pics of what you have going on with the buggies and such. Nice wall full of those hooks or big set of shelves etc. Happy to see someone who's work room looks like mine lol.

tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:38 AM   #67
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Holy crap Brian!!!

Now I don't feel bad now. I'm not to the point of having to cram in whatever space I can find yet and now I know I'm not the only one that does it lol.

Always see people post pics of what you have going on with the buggies and such. Nice wall full of those hooks or big set of shelves etc. Happy to see someone who's work room looks like mine lol.

I know, it's shocking!! Give it time, you'll be looking for space for all your new builds too!

The buggies are sitting on shelving brackets. It works great for them since they have a flat bottom. Not so well for linked rigs. Most everything hanging on the wall except for the Yeti and Honcho are my race buggies, late model and sprints from the late 80's, early 90's. I'd like to refresh them and get them back out in the dirt someday, BUT that may never happen!
Old 12-11-2022, 09:07 AM   #68
Go Buckeyes!

Working on this today. More on these little guys later.

Name:  IMG_0665.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  153.9 KB
Old 12-19-2022, 09:31 AM   #69
Go Buckeyes!

Finally had a chance to get back to the bench!

I have the DIG and OD servos installed. I ended up using the NSDRC mirco servo adapters mounted in the GSpeed servo chassis mounts. I had to get creative to mount these servos to keep them hidden under the body so that I didn't have to cut holes in the bed of the body. I trimmed the carbon fiber servo mounts so that they only are mounted with 3 screws. This keep the mounts low and under the body. I don't have a good pic at the moment, but I also filed down a few mm's off of the chassis rails so that I could drop the servos as low as I could.

Next up was finding a home for the receiver. I had plans on mounting it up beside the 3Bros steering servo, but the NSDRC DIG and OG servo wires wer way too short to reach up to the front of the chassis. So I decided to try and find a spot somewhere closer to the back.

I ended up going the same route as @indybama did on his GSpeed V3 Phoenix build (pic of it posted previously in a few post back). I decided to mount the receiver right behind the VFD on top of the transfer case. I used a piece of Kydex. I cut, heated and bent it to mount to the 4 screws that hold the VFD trans "cap". I made it extra wide to the driver side so that I could mount all of the wires there and keep them tidy.

Wiring is temporary for now. Since I didn't mount the receiver up front, that gives me space for a winch servo. I'm going to get either a 3Bros or and NSCRC winch servo on order. Once it is installed, I'll get all of the wiring wrapped and secured.

Pics of it how it sits now. I'll try to get a pic of the chassis rails showing how much I sanded/filed to get the servos to sit low.

Name:  IMG_0723.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  171.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0724.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  178.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0725.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  182.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0726.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  177.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0727.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  170.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0728.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  149.6 KB
Old 12-19-2022, 04:36 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Heck yeah brian, the rx mount looks great. I just used a piece of lexan. But the way u bent yours gets it even lower n wont bounce around. Shift servo mount worked perfect too. Always good to see update brother.

Been workin on another truck myself. Ill post up pics in the 1.9 section here shortly
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 09:11 AM   #71
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Heck yeah brian, the rx mount looks great. I just used a piece of lexan. But the way u bent yours gets it even lower n wont bounce around. Shift servo mount worked perfect too. Always good to see update brother.

Been workin on another truck myself. Ill post up pics in the 1.9 section here shortly
Thanks bama!

I thought by putting the bend in the mount and getting the receiver down lower it would allow for some kind of interior. I have an Element Gatekeeper interior that I plan on chopping up to fit in the narrow cab.

Nice! I'll have to go over and check out your new build!
Old 12-20-2022, 10:29 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Looks great as always

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 11:42 AM   #73
Rock Crawler

Ah I need to get my rigs done, keep my word so I can dive in my Vanquish kit. Coming together nicely!
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 09:14 AM   #74
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Looks great as always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Ah I need to get my rigs done, keep my word so I can dive in my Vanquish kit. Coming together nicely!
Thanks Goro! Looking forward to seeing your Vanquish build!
Old 12-21-2022, 03:03 PM   #75
Slow is the new Fast

You have built up the chassis beautifully. I really like your symmetrical mounting of the micro servos. Nice attention to detail B, she's a looker...

edit: Putting the Holeshot body on this one?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 06:14 AM   #76
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
You have built up the chassis beautifully. I really like your symmetrical mounting of the micro servos. Nice attention to detail B, she's a looker...

edit: Putting the Holeshot body on this one?
Appreciate the kind words smog! This has been a fun build so far!

The One Shot GSpeed body will be going on another future undetermined build. The '35 Hot Rod Truck body will be sitting on this chassis.

Name:  IMG_0396.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  179.7 KB
Old 12-22-2022, 07:19 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

As always, a clear and fun thread to watch and read, I love it

If you have something left over, I have space in my storage room

I want to see the painting
FREEDOM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 07:10 AM   #78
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEDOM83 View Post
As always, a clear and fun thread to watch and read, I love it

If you have something left over, I have space in my storage room

I want to see the painting
Thanks FREEDOM!! HA! HA! I hear ya!

I want to see it painted too, but the current conditions in Ohio, USA is -9 degrees Fahrenheit with wind gusts at 30+ mph. The "real feel" temp is -35 degrees Fahrenheit.

My a$$ is staying indoors and hibernating! NO painting today!!!
Old 12-23-2022, 10:09 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Nice build. I sure hope I don't get the bug as bad as you. How many RC trucks do you own??? And it is very cold here in Akron, Ohio. No painting outside today. Want to see that body painted.
Steven McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 07:42 AM   #80
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven McKay View Post
Nice build. I sure hope I don't get the bug as bad as you. How many RC trucks do you own??? And it is very cold here in Akron, Ohio. No painting outside today. Want to see that body painted.

Thanks! Too many rigs to count! I think it’s time for a liquidation sale!

Umm, be careful about that bug! It’s very contagious!

No painting here either! Currently 0 degrees and feels like -23 degrees with the wind! Looks like by next weekend we could be in the 50’s!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B-MOW's BF VP Bundle Build - VS4-10 Style - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 148 03-12-2024 09:46 AM
B-MOW's VS4-10 Phoenix Portal B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 159 12-30-2023 12:28 PM
B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build B-MOW71 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 210 11-24-2023 04:40 PM
B-MOW's VS4-10 Origin Limited B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 40 09-15-2023 06:18 AM
B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 99 07-06-2021 09:22 AM