Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #301
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
I'm not suggesting at all to have completely open discussions about particular rules with the whole crawler community, that's crazy, nothing would ever get done. I'm saying post topics that the board is discussing, let the public know about things the board is working on to help our crawler community as a whole. Try to select members that represent a certain area of the United States. Make it Known to the crawler public that hey I'm Harvo, or Rowdy, or Krawlfreak, I represent this area of the US, so if you have any questions or want to make any suggestions I am your representative. Then also be pro active not only in just the club you participate in but get communication out to all the clubs in the regions you represent, saying hey we are discussing this idea or that idea, please post up what you think. Rather than you guys getting killed with PMs, have a section for each one of you that say for example, when I'm wanting a why answer on plate wheels, I go to Rickey's section and post up that question to him and he responds back to me an answer.

This would give you guys alot less headache, each board member is responsible for people with questions from there area. Maybe like California probably has a ton more crawler guys so have two guys represent that area. Board members direct people to the guy that represents them.

The public needs a clear go to for questions and suggestions.
Wow go out for the day to play with toy trucks, and I come home to find out I am the don of the crawler mafia.

When ever possible thats petty much how we operate. For the most part the USRCCA operates like a vendor on RCCrawler.com. I pay a pretty hefty fee to have all this space on the site, and we have our limitations from both the administrators and the software's capabilities, so alot of the ideas you and Ted described are not possible or allowed. I have a phone call scheduled with Badger to make some changes, but probably not exactly the ones you are describing, but hopeful address some area that bugs me as well as users.

I think the comment that the Rules Committee is out of date...is out of date. since January several changes have been made, and the last 2 Committee Members that were added I had no input on the selection. Several members I did hand pick because of the service to the community.....not because the are "My Loyal Subjects" Shane for example ran 2.2s at Nationals and ECC 2 years in a row. He never complains and is always willing to help anyone. Because the Rules Committee members have to wear so many hats from comp day to everyday not very many people are a good fit for the committee, and only one of which is responding to online questions like yours. Like it or not they also have to be able to work with me.

You should also know PM dozens of people to get input from outside the committee to get additional input on the class, so the class wasn't developed behind closed doors as you assume....just because no one contacted you doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 02-16-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #302
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Wow go out for the day to play with toy trucks, and I come home to find out I am the don of the crawler mafia.

When ever possible thats petty much how we operate. For the most part the USRCCA operates like a vendor on RCCrawler.com. I pay a pretty hefty fee to have all this space on the site, and we have our limitations from both the administrators and the software's capabilities, so alot of the ideas you and Ted described are not possible or allowed. I have a phone call scheduled with Badger to make some changes, but probably not exactly the ones you are describing, but hopeful address some area that bugs me as well as users.

I think the comment that the Rules Committee is out of date...is out of date. since January several changes have been made, and the last 2 Committee Members that were added I had no input on the selection. Several members I did hand pick because of the service to the community.....not because the are "My Loyal Subjects" Shane for example ran 2.2s at Nationals and ECC 2 years in a row. He never complains and is always willing to help anyone. Because the Rules Committee members have to wear so many hats from comp day to everyday not very many people are a good fit for the committee, and only one of which is responding to online questions like yours. Like it or not they also have to be able to work with me.

You should also know PM dozens of people to get input from outside the committee to get additional input on the class, so the class wasn't developed behind closed doors as you assume....just because no one contacted you doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Well, I don't know all the ins and outs of what you can and can't do with the forum, but the public needs to know there input is heard, and the current system is not doing that. Until you allow the crawler community to have more input in the board, you will continue to have people like me question the system.

Last edited by Tgreer; 02-16-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #303
MODERHATER™

I was not hand selected by Fish or anyone..

I was voted by my state, Colorado, out of 3 others to be our representative. I am current with competing and running series here in Colorado, also attend series events throughout the year, including nationals.. I communicate with members of our club and that's where I go with my decisions.

If you ask me a question, I will answer.

I don't really understand the need for the sudden witch hunt because of offering a new class, are you guys bored or something?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #304
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well, I don't know all the ins and outs of what you can and can't do with the forum, but the public needs to know there input is heard, and the current system is not doing that. Until you allow the crawler community to have more input in the board, you will continue to have people like me question the system.
You incorrectly ASSUME once again we don't read. You have been given the answers to questions you could have found out on your own by doing a little reading. Instead you want everything spoon feed and want things to be your way or your start a multi page rant making false accusations. We have answered your questions and that leads to 6 more questions, and at some point enough is enough...I am at that point...have a nice day!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #305
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
You incorrectly ASSUME once again we don't read. You have been given the answers to questions you could have found out on your own by doing a little reading. Instead you want everything spoon feed and want things to be your way or your start a multi page rant making false accusations. We have answered your questions and that leads to 6 more questions, and at some point enough is enough...I am at that point...have a nice day!
No sir, no where on this forum is anything about how the board is gathered. Not exactly the easiest to find even just the listing of members. I'm not witch hunting, I'm not even getting upset. Your the one bent out of shape now. I was looking for how this system works, there is nothing in here to answer that, your fellow board members could not even answer that they defaulted to you. I simply think this system needs more transparency thats all. I'm not crying, I'm not winning, I'm just digging for answers. I have stated multiple times throughout this discussion that I love our comp classes including the new trail class! If my questions are too much for you to handle then I'm sorry, but you seem to be the only person that knows the answer. I will leave you alone.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #306
I wanna be Dave

JESUS
all this over plate wheels

Some committee members are just tired of arguing with people intent on getting their way...kinda like arguing with a 3 year old, i for one am over it.

I guess I will go back to building my new trail class crawler.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #307
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
JESUS
all this over plate wheels

Some committee members are just tired of arguing with people intent on getting their way...kinda like arguing with a 3 year old, i for one am over it.

I guess I will go back to building my new trail class crawler.
It took 4 pages or so but Harvo finally gave me a why on the plate wheels instead of just repeating the rule like you and everyone else did. Once he posted the answer I was done. I then moved on and pushed for answers and transparency on the board and what the board does, no one could answer hardley anything at all about it. Fish has now made a section for the public to see how this system works "Bravo". This makes you guys seems much less secret and behind closed doors. Two very seperate things I looked into, not running them together as you have suggested. I garuntee the new insert that fish did will help alot of people have a better idea of who you guys are and an easier time communicating. I also bet it will help you guys as well, by not seeming like a king and his subjects ruling high and mighty over everything. So, call me whatever you like Krawlfreak, looks like a win win to me!

Last edited by Tgreer; 02-17-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #308
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It took 4 pages or so but Harvo finally gave me a why on the plate wheels instead of just repeating the rule like you and everyone else did. Once he posted the answer I was done. I then moved on and pushed for answers and transparency on the board and what the board does, no one could answer hardley anything at all about it. Fish has now made a section for the public to see how this system works "Bravo". This makes you guys seems much less secret and behind closed doors. Two very seperate things I looked into, not running them together as you have suggested. I garuntee the new insert that fish did will help alot of people have a better idea of who you guys are and an easier time communicating. I also bet it will help you guys as well, by not seeming like a king and his subjects ruling high and mighty over everything. So, call me whatever you like Krawlfreak, looks like a win win to me!
Just got done baking some cookies....want one?
Old 02-17-2014, 08:34 PM   #309
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes please, are they chocolate chip?
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #310
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Yep,
With a dash of "it is just the rules get over it"
Old 02-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #311
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I then moved on and pushed for answers and transparency on the board and what the board does, no one could answer hardley anything at all about it. Fish has now made a section for the public to see how this system works "Bravo". This makes you guys seems much less secret and behind closed doors.
Quote:
So does this mean after the a week of drama I win a set of your CF wheels and KF cookies for my creation of the win win?

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 02-17-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #312
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

I baked enough to go around..
Old 02-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #313
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
dip shit chips

Quote:
Yep,
With a dash of "it is just the rules get over it"
I like how you guys make rule committee look.
not sure what it's all about, but I know Tommy and going by the last few . Post, if I didn't know better i'd think rule committee guys are jerks.
we are here to help, not put down and make fun.
shame shame
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:16 PM   #314
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
dip shit chips

not sure what it's all about, but I know Tommy and going by the last few . Post, if I didn't know better i'd think rule committee guys are jerks.
shame shame
Jeez, just offered the guy a freshly baked cookie...

I guess sarcasm is not your strong suit.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:26 PM   #315
Old guy

Quote:
Jeez, just offered the guy a freshly baked cookie...

I guess sarcasm is not your strong suit.
I would just hate to only see a handful of guys eating cookies at a comp because of sarcasm.
Represent man represent
Old 02-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #316
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I would just hate to only see a handful of guys eating cookies at a comp because of sarcasm.
Represent man represent
That's exactly what we see now..
Same faces and no new ones.

Why the new class and new rules?

To get new people involved that are already out there.

The guy posing all the questions, I would call a season veteran and not who this class is aimed at.

Can he compete? Sure!

Should he question the shit out of the rules to make it super crazy competitive?
No!

I am representing!

We don't need another super competitive crazy parts class in the mix.
We need a turnkey entry level run along side the "pro's" (who am I kidding, everyone is a pro these days) fun class.

I think people are not seeing this class as that and that is why there are these issues....and we have not even had a first comp yet
Old 02-17-2014, 10:50 PM   #317
Old guy

I agree. But you guys could be nicer about.

Quote:
That's exactly what we see now..
Same faces and no new ones.

Why the new class and new rules?

To get new people involved that are already out there.

The guy posing all the questions, I would call a season veteran and not who this class is aimed at.

Can he compete? Sure!

Should he question the shit out of the rules to make it super crazy competitive?
No!

I am representing!

We don't need another super competitive crazy parts class in the mix.
We need a turnkey entry level run along side the "pro's" (who am I kidding, everyone is a pro these days) fun class.

I think people are not seeing this class as that and that is why there are these issues....and we have not even had a first comp yet
Old 02-17-2014, 10:54 PM   #318
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I am an avid fan of the sarcasm button.....
Old 02-17-2014, 11:12 PM   #319
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
dip shit chips

shame shame
Quote:
Represent man represent
Quote:

Come on Ricky don't put that ALL on us! Did you read the 80 something posts?

Tgeer had some legitimate questions, but he could have handled lot of it differently and gotten a totally different reaction. At some point he was definitely trying to push some buttons, and he got a reaction! The name calling and accusations were not necessary and he got some push back.

On another note I finally got the forum reorganized by the admins, so hopefully everything has its place...Rules, Information and Clubs away from events organizer that are actually trying to create what we all want to do.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 02-17-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:16 PM   #320
RcBros Hobbies

It's a lot easier to abide by the rules then flex them or complain about them. I do enjoy the nightly reads though!

Last edited by RcBro; 02-17-2014 at 11:26 PM.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote

Rules, Issues and Public Concerns - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got the R1 itch - Concerns ... bbking9 G-Made Crawlers 30 04-17-2012 10:40 PM
Keep public lands open to the Public! Del Montess Chit Chat 6 03-02-2011 10:22 PM
Concerns about CC MM - need a little help please. O.C.D. Electronics 16 03-23-2008 01:29 AM
Mamba 25 concerns mrwonderful Electronics 4 10-31-2006 09:52 AM