Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 05:20 AM   #321
RCC Addict

Default Re: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Come on Ricky don't put that ALL on us! Did you read the 80 something posts?

Tgeer had some legitimate questions, but he could have handled lot of it differently and gotten a totally different reaction. At some point he was definitely trying to push some buttons, and he got a reaction! The name calling and accusations were not necessary and he got some push back.

On another note I finally got the forum reorganized by the admins, so hopefully everything has its place...Rules, Information and Clubs away from events organizer that are actually trying to create what we all want to do.
Name calling and sarcasm went both ways and started right from the beginning! Yes I pushed for "why" my wheels and plate wheels were an issue. All I got from everyone was "plate wheels are not allowed". This repeats the rule and gives me no understanding behind it! Finally four pages or so later Harvo gave a "why" answer. I don't agree with it, I see 4ws and dig needing to be outlawed and not have wheel design restrictions, but I did not argue about it once he stated a reason. If you guys are going to make rules, then be able to back it up with reasoning! I greatly apalagize for bringing up these questions in the wrong section, but I don't apologize at all for anything I have posted to get answers. I also wanted to know about the board. Weather you realize it or not the majority does not have a clue about how you guys work including me. I didn't even know there was a list of names at the link on the bottom, I thought that was the moderator leaders. So, when I asked some basic questions about the board and how it works, I got alot of I don't know answers. This was very disturbing to me. Fish finally came on and explained most of it, then also arranged some things on the forum so everyone can understand! Again, Bravo Fish! So, if I ruffle you guys feathers too much, then boot me out, or suck it up and get some thicker skin. All you board members are in a position to have people question the rules and want to know why, so buck up and give reasoning, instead of just repeating the rule and saying that's just the way it is!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2014, 05:29 AM   #322
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
That's exactly what we see now..
Same faces and no new ones.

Why the new class and new rules?

To get new people involved that are already out there.

The guy posing all the questions, I would call a season veteran and not who this class is aimed at.

Can he compete? Sure!

Should he question the shit out of the rules to make it super crazy competitive?
No!

I am representing!

We don't need another super competitive crazy parts class in the mix.
We need a turnkey entry level run along side the "pro's" (who am I kidding, everyone is a pro these days) fun class.

I think people are not seeing this class as that and that is why there are these issues....and we have not even had a first comp yet
I completely agree with the new class bringing new people! I cant wait to see how many new guys join our club because of this new class. I know a handful of people locally that can now run with our club. The class is wonderful as I have stated multiple times. I was only asking about wheels in my discussion about this class, I don't think my wheels question pushes this class to be super crazy competitive as you have stated. I have every right to find out why certain rules were made. The only person I see crying about things right now is you. So, settle down make you a glass of milk and have you one of those cookies you baked.

Last edited by Tgreer; 02-18-2014 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:42 AM   #323
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
I agree. But you guys could be nicer about.
I was nice, where were you?
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:54 AM   #324
Old guy

You don't realiize what the people that dont post in here think.
no matter how anal 1 guy can get, when you talk to
them you are talking to the ones who just read with the same questions.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #325
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
no matter how anal 1 guy can get, when you talk to
them you are talking to the ones who just read with the same questions.
Your right but I don't see where I was mean.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:20 AM   #326
Rock Crawler

hopefully most new guys will never know the drama and trouble here haha they might get scared away . I've noticed most people just like to trail run with no clock and no points not much will change that BUT I see trail class as something that I wish was around when I started. it really took a lot of time effort and money to be competitive and it can be rough to spend all that just to be crushed over and over.

I nominate tGreer to the board.
nappahdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #327
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
no matter how anal 1 guy can get, when you talk to them you are talking to the ones who just read with the same questions.
Once he made the Ricky/Rules Committee connection he could have just asked you why, or you could answered him they way he wanted after Rowdy, Freak, EV2, JeremyH, PK5, Harvo, and myself tried and couldn't. Its also just as damaging to have someone spout theory as if it were fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Name calling and sarcasm went both ways and started right from the beginning! Yes I pushed for "why" my wheels and plate wheels were an issue.
I didn't say anything negative about you until you made several inaccurate negative statements about me and the USRCCA were you assumed the worst conclusion from relatively simple statements. You also didn't wait for a response from anyone else except from 1-2 or members that were online at that time. I am often off line for days at a time. You seemed to want your answers immediately and didn't care what you said to get them. Maybe I do need to work some thicker skin, but I promise a few years ago you would have gotten a much different reaction from me back then

Quote:
I don't think my wheels question pushes this class to be super crazy competitive as you have stated. I have every right to find out why certain rules were made.

Let start off by saying I created and wrote 75% of the mission statement, so don't try and tell me what the intent of the class is about. Personally I didn't want Carbon fiber in the class period, but I was voted down. (Thanks Jimmy). I feel that carbon fiber in general deviates from the "stock characteristics" portion of the statement, so there is little chance I am going to change my mind. The same could be said about "stock characteristics" for aluminum parts but they are far more widely accepted and commonly used, and there is a weight vs strength consideration on how it affects performance.

I have been to literally dozens of scale events around the country with a combination of 100's of drivers attending them, and have yet to see a TVP or CF wheel at any of them. I thinking asking literally the 1000's of potential drivers to remove aluminum parts would be an asinine class killer.

Quote:
The purpose of this Trail Competition Class is to blend Scale appearance, Stock characteristics, and Competition Performance into a class that can be enjoyed and competitive with a variety of widely accessible vehicles.

There is also a subjective component to deciding if an item is "SCALE", and we didn't want have this is scale enough and this one isn't conversation with every vendor.

EXAMPLE:We approve the Tgeer wheel then Dlux and Y-town wants to know why theirs isn't scale enough.

Yes we made those subjective decisions about certain bodies and tires because it was deemed a necessary evil, and I seriously doubt Proline, HPI, or Hot Bodies is going to start a multi page rant over their items being scale enough for this class.

These are my personal feelings and not necessarily the entire committee. Not everyone voted for the same thing for the same reasons, so its very likely you will get different answers from different people on the committee on the same topic.

I am sure the whale butt is coming soon.

Translation: well but with a southern accent

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 02-18-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #328
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappahdog View Post
I nominate tGreer to the board.
"How do you get on the Rules Committee?

Last but not least they also have to able to get along with me [Fish]..."

Good luck with that.

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:31 AM   #329
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
"How do you get on the Rules Committee?

Last but not least they also have to able to get along with me [Fish]..."

Good luck with that.

J
You know you love me sometimes....even if its just on odd number days in months with no R
Old 02-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #330
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I am sure the whale butt coming soon.

Translation: well but with a southern accent
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #331
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
You know you love me sometimes....even if its just on odd number days in months with no R
Old 02-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #332
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I didn't even know there was a list of names at the link on the bottom, I thought that was the moderator leaders. So, when I asked some basic questions about the board and how it works, I got alot of I don't know answers. This was very disturbing to me.
Actually, the very first response answered your question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
The list of rules committee members can be found at the bottom of the main page below the classifieds under view forum leaders.
The rest of your initial statement was nothing but assumptions about how things work or made up percentages of people here who you think don't know how things work or insults directed at the people who spend their free time working on this stuff...
Old 02-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #333
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Actually, the very first response answered your question:

The rest of your initial statement was nothing but assumptions about how things work or made up percentages of people here who you think don't know how things work or insults directed at the people who spend their free time working on this stuff...
I disagree with your first statement. We will just leave it at that.

Your right, I had many assumptions about the board and so do many many others, so providing how you guys come about being on the board and letting the public see a little about what you do, that in turn creates less assumption for everyone. My assumption has now changed some, since Fish put a little light on the subject. I have read some past arguments with team3six. I come nowhere close. I'm not in here swearing and cusin, but I am pushing for answers. Overall you guys are very good at quoting what you want and making it appear that I don't like anything and dislike the trail class, but I've stated multiple times that it is wonderful and all the comp classes are wonderful as well. I've got the answers to most of what I asked about so I have no complaints. What's funny is you guys have chosen to continue griping and complaining about me, but the fact is if you took out all the griping and complaining about me and me defending myself, then there would only be a small fraction of post. I happy with the answers I have gotten, but people like Krawlfreak and others of you choose to just keep getting one more jab and sarcastic comment in to have the last word. This does not make any of you look good as Rickey has stated.

Nappahdog, I obviously don't get along with these guys, I would be a terrible fit. I've posted before that their position is not easy and I respect that, my hats of to them for doing it!

Last edited by Tgreer; 02-18-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #334
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
....but people like Krawlfreak and others of you choose to just keep getting one more jab and sarcastic comment in to have the last word. This does not make any of you look good as Rickey has stated.

You can not expect to be able to make the insulting statements that you did and have this group of volunteers just sit here and take them. People take insults personally and if you are going to dish them, then you'd better be ready to take them.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #335
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
(Thanks Jimmy)
Anytime

TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #336
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOFEST View Post
Anytime

Old 02-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #337
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I happy with the answers I have gotten, but people like Krawlfreak and others of you choose to just keep getting one more jab and sarcastic comment in to have the last word. This does not make any of you look good as Rickey has stated.
i think it is funny that you have singled me out..but here is a short re-cap

here was your original question. (which, if i am not mistaken, you answered yourself.)

Quote:
I noticed it said no plate style wheels. I was wondering if maybe this would be acceptable? It's a plate style wheel,"
thinking to myself, maybe he didn't catch that he just answered his own question, i stated this.
Quote:
I believe the general R/C consensus is no.
Quote:
it boils down to "it's a plate style wheel" which is not allowed.

sorry...
you rambled on some more... and i offered you a freshly baked cookie.

Quote:
Just got done baking some cookies....want one?

As stated before, answering the same question over and over, gets old. The answer might not always be what you want to hear, but it is the answer.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #338
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappahdog View Post
hopefully most new guys will never know the drama and trouble here haha they might get scared away . I've noticed most people just like to trail run with no clock and no points not much will change that BUT I see trail class as something that I wish was around when I started.

There are a certain percentage that will never be into competing. Having said that I saw the smiles on everyones face that competed in Harley's and Jerry's Scale Competition at Crawlerpalooza this year. They had 3 course formats.

1x Crawler Course w/ crawler Style scoring

1x Timed course 1x Lap around the river bed.

1x Poker Run- Riding around a couple acres of woods looking for card stations. The group I was in intentionally we the longest route through the roughest terrain.

Everyone had a blast.

Pulling from that experience I am introducing my fellow off road rc drivers to multiple way to compete with Trail Class rigs because I am sure if I just showed up with a bag of balls and said we are going to do it this way they look at me like I was insane.

Some times a little foreplay is necessary to get things going they you want
Old 02-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #339
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Default One up.

Looks like if I want to stay under Fish's skin I now need to up my game. He's getting pretty tough to fluster these days with all this crawlerama-drama.

Ok...

I heard that the last Committee Meeting was just a book club meeting where y'all discussed the subtle nuances of "Fifty Shades of Gay".

Uh huh...beat that!

J

PS
Fish please mail me back my book since you're obviously done with it.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #340
RCC Addict

Guys, I got most of the answers I was looking for. We could keep trading blows for several more pages, but this is ridiculous. I have most of what I'm looking for and have no need to continue, it's just all argument and throwing mud at this point. Thanks for the debate I'm out.

Rules, Issues and Public Concerns - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got the R1 itch - Concerns ... bbking9 G-Made Crawlers 30 04-17-2012 10:40 PM
Keep public lands open to the Public! Del Montess Chit Chat 6 03-02-2011 10:22 PM
Concerns about CC MM - need a little help please. O.C.D. Electronics 16 03-23-2008 01:29 AM
Mamba 25 concerns mrwonderful Electronics 4 10-31-2006 09:52 AM