Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #241
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post

IMO that's not what the mission statement says.
I'm sorry that you interpreted it that way.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #242
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
From everything I have heard clubs that have demand for it are already running it.
That being said where may I find an updated list (2013) of sanctioned clubs? The current one on RCC is years out of date. According to the thread 1 club per year for the last three years has been sanctioned. If this list was updated annually we'd all have a better finger on the pulse of crawling nationally.

Thanks Fish.
J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #243
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
That being said where may I find an updated list (2013) of sanctioned clubs? The current one on RCC is years out of date. According to the thread 1 club per year for the last three years has been sanctioned. If this list was updated annually we'd all have a better finger on the pulse of crawling nationally.

Thanks Fish.
J
There is only 1x List.

Clubs are not required to check in, pay dues or other method of tracking. Clubs are also often resurrected after a year or 2 of inactivity. If someone wants to spend the time tracking down club leaders to find out the clubs current status I would be willing to add a Status Level: Active/Inactive/Disbanded to each clubs info, but I see no value in deleting a club completely from the roster.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #244
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
There is only 1x List.

Clubs are not required to check in, pay dues or other method of tracking. Clubs are also often resurrected after a year or 2 of inactivity. If someone wants to spend the time tracking down club leaders to find out the clubs current status I would be willing to add a Status Level: Active/Inactive/Disbanded to each clubs info, but I see no value in deleting a club completely from the roster.
So sanctioning permanently recognizes a club's name, nothing more? What if the club is resurrected with no members present during the founding/sanctioning period?

Cheers,

J
Old 02-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #245
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So sanctioning permanently recognizes a club's name, nothing more?
YES

What if the club is resurrected with no members present during the founding/sanctioning period?

Sanctioning was for a different time, and at this time I am more than likely going to suspend club sanctioning requirements for most states. We need people organizing comps not worrying about minimum sanctioning requirements.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #246
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:

Sanctioning was for a different time, and at this time I am more than likely going to suspend club sanctioning requirements for most states. We need people organizing comps not worrying about minimum sanctioning requirements.
So are you saying that a club can start up currently and will be recognized by the USRCCA?
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:42 PM   #247
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:

Good call. How does the CA regionals work then. The top 5 from any club get to crawl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
So are you saying that a club can start up currently and will be recognized by the USRCCA?
Looks that way.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #248
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Good call. How does the CA regionals work then. The top 5 from any club get to crawl?.

So if a unsanctioned Club has only 4 members all 4 make top 5 for southern California Regional?

I'm a one man club I'm going to regionals baby
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #249
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
Quote:
Good call. How does the CA regionals work then. The top 5 from any club get to crawl?

Looks that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
So if a unsanctioned Club has only 4 members all 4 make top 5 for southern California Regional?

I'm a one man club I'm going to regionals baby

Or we could just keep the guidelines in place in states/areas with active clubs.

Leave it to the Cali boys to complicate a simple idea intended to help crawling.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #250
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Lightbulb Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

West coast gets no love.
Just trying to figure things out to get the best results. Thats what happens when you hang out with a scientist.

Last edited by Frankenwheely; 02-13-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:24 PM   #251
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Leave it to the Cali boys to complicate a simple idea intended to help crawling.
"Devil is in the details."

Love,
Satan
Old 02-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #252
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Another simple idea intended to help crawling was the suggestions thread. But then it was moved to a regulated thread and no further posts were approved. Now it is dead.

Kettle
Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #253
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

That would be a great change for our club. We have met all of the requirements since 2011 except the number of drivers needed per comp. It has been driving me crazy.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #254
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Looks that way.
In PA the clubs would have a crawl off to see who would represent the state.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:09 AM   #255
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
In PA the clubs would have a crawl off to see who would represent the state.
Same for Texas. That is what the USRCCA requires of a state that has multiple clubs.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:01 AM   #256
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
That would be a great change for our club. We have met all of the requirements since 2011 except the number of drivers needed per comp. It has been driving me crazy.

The intent of the idea was to help legitimate clubs and drivers like yours without a sanctioned option. Not for those drivers that already have a sanctioned club in the area that just want to stack state crawl offs.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 02-14-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #257
RCC Addict

I know you guys roll your eyes when I question, but I'm opinionated and that's just how I roll. So, I have another question on this trail class. I think the overall idea of this class is wonderful, but I'm wondering if the 4WS and dig is going to hurt more than help. It seems you guys are trying to keep mods mild and more stock witch is good. So, having these two options seem like it would add expense and put your good drivers that much further ahead. I'm just thinkin that without these options the rigs will be cheaper to build and perform well in this class, in turn allowing more people to participate and compete well in it that don't have as much money to put into it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST FOR YOU ROWDY!!!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #258
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I know you guys roll your eyes when I question, but I'm opinionated and that's just how I roll. So, I have another question on this trail class. I think the overall idea of this class is wonderful, but I'm wondering if the 4WS and dig is going to hurt more than help. It seems you guys are trying to keep mods mild and more stock witch is good. So, having these two options seem like it would add expense and put your good drivers that much further ahead. I'm just thinkin that without these options the rigs will be cheaper to build and perform well in this class, in turn allowing more people to participate and compete well in it that don't have as much money to put into it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST FOR YOU ROWDY!!!

I hear what your saying, and we put in mostly for National level drivers. Locally I plan to leave it off until the class gets more established.

The two biggest differences I see in Dig and 4WS vs Carbon Fiber wheels and other high end components is as a driver I can turn them of without further benefit. In addition the drivers we talked to preferred adding NEW cool stuff (light, winches, dig, 4WS) over replacing existing parts just to keep up.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 02-14-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #259
RCC Addict

Quote:
I hear what your saying, and we put in mostly for National level drivers. Locally I plan to leave it off until the class gets more established.

The two biggest differences I see in Dig and 4WS vs Carbon Fiber wheels and other high end components is I can turn them of without benefit. In addition the drivers we talked to preferred adding cool stuff (light, winches, dig, 4WS) over replacing existing parts just to keep up.
Ok, sounds good!

I guess my main beef with the wheels was I wasent seeing the huge advantage running plate wheels since the knuckle weights are illegal. I guess my thought is if you outlaw plate wheels, then also outlaw buggy style wheel, or maybe just say stock wheels or full beadlock aluminum wheels only. Anyways overall I want you guys to know I think the overall intent of the class is awsome, Im just not afraid to debate what I think is off, and I don't get as worked up as I think you guys think I do.

Last edited by Tgreer; 02-14-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:25 AM   #260
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I know you guys roll your eyes when I question, but...
It's not the questioning, but how the questioning is done and then the amount of arguing afterward. When people ask questions, we take note of it. It's all taken into account and often impacts our future decisions. Sometimes questions are brought up that we didn't think of...after all, we are only a handful of people discussing things and trying to come up with as many scenarios as possible.

When the questioning gets annoying is when it's been answered over and over and it just seems like you're mad at the answer so you're asking till you get the answer you want.

There are many decisions made, especially with this class, based on a perception of what will encourage new people to show up (and hopefully some old faces to return), without intimidating too many people, yet allowing some modifications. It's a tricky balance to get right, and at least when starting out, it's easier to be a little more strict with the rules, rather than trying later to ban something that was missed.

I understand your point completely on the wheels. But a line had to be drawn somewhere. Who knows, after this season, we may reevaluate the stance on those. It really depends on how it goes once there's a season of competitions under our belts and we can truly evaluate how it went. There will always be some growing pains, but we are learning from the past and trying not to make the same mistakes twice.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rules, Issues and Public Concerns - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got the R1 itch - Concerns ... bbking9 G-Made Crawlers 30 04-17-2012 10:40 PM
Keep public lands open to the Public! Del Montess Chit Chat 6 03-02-2011 10:22 PM
Concerns about CC MM - need a little help please. O.C.D. Electronics 16 03-23-2008 01:29 AM
Mamba 25 concerns mrwonderful Electronics 4 10-31-2006 09:52 AM