Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #201
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Of course there are specific situations that will make placement at each gate different. If a car is not able to be placed in a stable manner, the judge should assign a predetermined location and place all competitors who need a repo for that gate at that spot.
That rule exists now. But suppose that gate isn't unstable, but points to a wall or drop-off. You previously progressed it at an angle, but now you can't use that angle.

But yes, it didn't escape me you said you could set it in backwards, thus drive off backwards, clear out and come back thru the gate. Most everyone else just ignores the rule and do what they think is reasonable. At least around here. I think the rule deserves reconsideration along the lines Violator spoke of.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #202
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
That rule exists now. But suppose that gate isn't unstable, but points to a wall or drop-off. You previously progressed it at an angle, but now you can't use that angle.
Then it sounds like the competitor shouldn't have taken a repo after that gate.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #203
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Then it sounds like the competitor shouldn't have taken a repo after that gate.
Aye. Kinda defeats the purpose of calling it a "penalty" if its easy to deal with.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #204
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
I thought most people have been on topic of the tread title "Rules, Issues, and Public Concerns."

Im really glad that this thread exists and so many people finally feel comfortable to discuss their issues and observations.
I probably could have worded the tittle alittle differently I think what most are discussing is valid and nice to point out. However unless your checking the thread often it gets confusing reading 3-4 pages bouncing back from topic to topic.

If a thread was created tittle, "Judging Concerns" "Repo Concerns" etc... Then we could better address those topics. It would probably make it easier for the committee to go into those topics and more easily read and/or address the issue at hand as well. Similar to a sticky thread. Most people who may be interested in the subjects at hand are now forced to read 11 pages to see the different points that are being made. Just trying to make it easier I guess

Last edited by RcBro; 12-01-2012 at 05:00 PM.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #205
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
I probably could have worded the tittle alittle differently I think what most are discussing is valid and nice to point out. However unless your checking the thread often it gets confusing reading 3-4 pages bouncing back from topic to topic.

If a thread was created tittle, "Judging Concerns" "Repo Concerns" etc... Then we could better address those topics. It would probably make it easier for the committee to go into those topics and more easily read and/or address the issue at hand as well. Similar to a sticky thread. Most people who may be interested in the subjects at hand are now forced to read 11 pages to see the different points that are being made. Just trying to make it easier I guess
Jesus, quit crying like a ****ing baby and delete your thread if you do want people addressing their " Rules, Issues and Public Concerns " just because they do not line up with yours.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #206
Old guy

I think RcBro should be the Rules,Issues and public Concerns Foreman. You could keep it all in order.

For real.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #207
RcBros Hobbies

LOL, crying and trying to help is two different things. If we wanted someone crying we'd invite team3six back in here. Obviously all the bitching we've done in the past hasn't helped a damn thing, but screw it keep on trucking shit'll fix itself.

Last edited by RcBro; 12-01-2012 at 06:21 PM.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #208
Old guy

Quote:
LOL, crying and trying to help is two different things. If we wanted someone crying we'd invite team3six back in here. Obviously all the bitching we've done in the past hasn't helped a damn thing, but screw it keep on trucking shit'll fix itself.

But really, it would be great if someone with Mod powers could keep things in order. It would be a great tool.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #209
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
But really, it would be great if someone with Mod powers could keep things in order.
Or you guys could act like adults.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #210
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Or you guys could act like adults.
I'm not being that bad am I.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #211
RCC Addict

Quote:

I see where you are going with this. It doesn't matter a great deal to the discussion at hand, but when someone else, who is not taking part, wants to look up a discussion on a rule later ot is going to be tricky to navigate.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #212
I wanna be Dave

The problem with these type of discussions is people can't keep emotions out of it and keep to rational thinking. Plus you have to give and take....
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #213
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
The problem with these type of discussions is people can't keep emotions out of it and keep to rational thinking.
Here to help.

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #214
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Maybe we are all looking at the judging issue from the wrong perspective or angle. Anytime you have one human judging another, at some point in time, their will be a disagreement or discrepancy. It's just the facts of life and we are all humans.

Maybe we should reconsider rules and possibly formats that rely heavily on human judging?

For example, the 5 point rollover penalty was fairly simple to understand 5 years ago. But as issues arose (a competitor rolling over & changing the intended line direction by shifting the truck during the roll over) more definition had to be added to the rules. The rules committee had to define the roll over & procedure. In doing so more responsibility & power was put in the hands of a human judge.

What if the current roll over was removed in favor of an automatic reposition to the last gate cleared?

I am not advocating anything specifically and I use the roll over as a simple example. I am wondering what changes are going to bring the best results. There has been a lot of good discussion in this thread about a number of issues and possible fixes. I'd like to see that continue. The USRCCA and it's Rules Committee are in here reading and responding. Positive discussions will deliver positive results. Let's keep that in mind as we discuss
If you think about it, nearly everything else has already been done this way.

The wrond direction in gate used to be dq....now its 10 and repo
boundy was dq , then changed to 10, now its 10 and repo...

I like the idea of aligning rollover to be same as rules above, 10 and repo....

and I'm with you and shelby on the various topics....though there are more than one topic being discussed, its all been very civil, and and noting negative can come from such communications IMO.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #215
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
and I'm with you and shelby on the various topics....though there are more than one topic being discussed, its all been very civil, and and noting negative can come from such communications IMO.
Given the name of the thread, what exactly would the "on-topic" topic be?
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #216
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
The problem with these type of discussions is people can't keep emotions out of it and keep to rational thinking. Plus you have to give and take....
So So true Crash!!!
baddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #217
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
...call em scribers....not judges
I think the word you're looking for is "scribe(s)".

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #218
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
I think the word you're looking for is "scribe(s)".

J
How about "pencil bitch"?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:10 AM   #219
RCC Addict

Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

I noticed it said no plate style wheels. I was wondering if maybe this would be acceptable? It's a plate style wheel, but has all the features of a scale wheell. We designed this wheel with the ultra4, and G6 classes at heart, and would love to see it be used for this trail class!

These wheels follow your current rule listing perfectly, until the last statement that just says no plate style wheels. These wheels where not designed for comp crawlers, they where 100% designed for ultra4, G6, and other scale venues. I would love to see the boards approval to run these wheels in this class!
This is a three peice plate wheel, but has been designed to have all the scale features!

Last edited by Tgreer; 02-12-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:50 AM   #220
Defy Gravity

Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

going to pop in here as the one that designed those wheels tgreer is running.

i took a lot of design compromises in these that i wouldn't take in a comp wheel. the extra hardware on the rings for scale appearance, the outer ring themselves, all the vp hub screws used, and overall heavier construction mean that these are in no way meant for a comp rig. they are made for heavier scale rigs, period.

i also have a 1.9 design on my desk right now waiting to go to the cutter.

the big reason i can see plate style wheels being outlawed would be weight at this point. i've proven here they can be made to look scale. now if you're knocking weight, you may as well kick vp slws, axial molded wheels, and cut down and rebeaded sc wheels off the list while you're at it. if this is one of those "scale is scale if its possible in the real world" things, these wheels could be scaled up and used with michelin airless tires or airless skidloader tires. not saying those are ideal, but it is possible in the real world.

so where is the stigma here? everyone sets up their rigs with advantages, i see these being no more advantageous than the tires and foams wrapped around them or the driver behind the wheel.

Pete Kalis
TAG Radio Control
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rules, Issues and Public Concerns - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got the R1 itch - Concerns ... bbking9 G-Made Crawlers 30 04-17-2012 10:40 PM
Keep public lands open to the Public! Del Montess Chit Chat 6 03-02-2011 10:22 PM
Concerns about CC MM - need a little help please. O.C.D. Electronics 16 03-23-2008 01:29 AM
Mamba 25 concerns mrwonderful Electronics 4 10-31-2006 09:52 AM