Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1.5" Project "Slickrock Samurai"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #201
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
IMO with the white one is give it the same front grill treatment you did with yours and then it will be perfect Also, is the white one on a CC01 chassis? I can't really tell.

BTW: If you ever want to sell either one of those rigs, send me a PM
It is light desert camo (flat) Looks kinda white in pics I guess. It is built up on an L-Trail chassis with Losi MRC running gear and a kick arse Holmes Hobbies motor!

They look great together Chris! Looking forward to see what touches you put on it.

PS. I miss it already...
eddievedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #202
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder View Post
It is light desert camo (flat) Looks kinda white in pics I guess. It is built up on an L-Trail chassis with Losi MRC running gear and a kick arse Holmes Hobbies motor!

They look great together Chris! Looking forward to see what touches you put on it.

PS. I miss it already...
Oh, okay thanks. You did a good job building that one.
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #203
RCC Addict

Awsum on getting another samurai,now slickrocks got a little bro to hang with.
They look good together.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #204
RCC Addict

Soooo, I've read and admired this thread it has inspired me to build my own sent the money in for the body and will order the chassis shortly, my question is....have you or anyone you know reduced a set of 1.9 flat irons to 1.5 and if so do you think they will be too big for the sammi?
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #205
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
Soooo, I've read and admired this thread it has inspired me to build my own sent the money in for the body and will order the chassis shortly, my question is....have you or anyone you know reduced a set of 1.9 flat irons to 1.5 and if so do you think they will be too big for the sammi?
CORES narrowed some for his Chevy, came out pretty sweet. I'd say they would be a good height for the Sammy, but too wide.

Chevy hc
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #206
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 View Post
CORES narrowed some for his Chevy, came out pretty sweet. I'd say they would be a good height for the Sammy, but too wide.

Chevy hc
thanks bud my intentions were to cut down the new proline super swampers to 1.5's for my sammi.

we'll have to see...sorry for the thread jacking
Old 10-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #207
Pebble Pounder

I am brand new to the custom RC crawler world. I bought an Axial kit back when they first came out and got bored with it cause it just wasn't "cool" enough (and boy I regret it now) I wasn't hooked up with the right crowd to know what could be done with the right parts and some time.

My point is...I admire you work a lot man. From a "newb" to someone that seems to know what they are doing you do amazing work and the level of detail that is into your "Slickrock" Sammy is just awesome. I plan to buy some kind of rtr truck in the next few months and do my own build of one of my favorite old suv's from the 70's.

Keep up the good work man, very cool
jaydubya2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #208

great job, looks great!
derekAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #209
RCC Addict

Well Its been awhile, but I finally had the sammy out wheelin' over the past few days..

I just got back from Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor Maine and took the Samurai up to "Cadillac Mt." summit. This place was INSANE.. Rock as FAR as the eye could see - Literally. ( Skinner Mt. doesn't hold a candle to this place.. sorry John..)

Anyways, heres some of the pics I took - wish I could have stayed longer, as this place was one of the most fun places I've wheeled yet..( too bad its over 5 hours away from where I live..) - Enjoy.

Last edited by 51WillysJeep; 05-05-2011 at 07:25 PM.
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:58 AM   #210
RCC Addict

I've Allways loved your Sammi! Very cool rig! I just noticed the rancho steering stabilizer, you snuck that one in on me. Did you just use a old shock or what? The suzuki sticker on the back of the rig..where's you get that one?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:13 AM   #211
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
I've Allways loved your Sammi! Very cool rig! I just noticed the rancho steering stabilizer, you snuck that one in on me. Did you just use a old shock or what? The suzuki sticker on the back of the rig..where's you get that one?
Thanks Man ! The Rancho stabilizer is nothing more than a piece of small diameter aluminum tube with small traxxas steering rod ends. I tried a regular turned down tlt shock, but it looked WAY too big. As far as the Samurai sticker on the tailgate- just found a logo online and shrunk it down to size- printed it out, cleared over the top and laid down some adhesive tape on the backside, and presto - instant sticker..!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #212
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, I've been to Acadia, agreed. My uncle has a cabin on the water within walking distance of some of the trails.

skinner should be openning this weekend, so have to start looking at some dates in June!!
HC Rc Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #213
Rock Crawler

The 3 shots in the canyon are killer man!
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #214
I wanna be Dave

Hey I live 20 minutes from Acadia. If you come up again let me know.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #215

Default sweet

this thing is so neat. ANOTHER very clean build you got there.
jmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #216
Rock Stacker

This is a cool little truck . Put a tiny video camera in it , that would make a nice video.
crashlot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #217
RCC Addict

Well, looks like the "Slickrock Samurai" has a big brother now..!!

I've ALWAYS wanted a 1:1 Sammy, but could never find a good one when I had the cash on hand at the time - until now. I just scored this one off Craigslist, and picked it up this past weekend. Overall its in Awesome shape. Its an 87', its got a 5" Calmini lift, crossover steering, brand new wheels and tires and brand new soft top. Hopefully a 1.6 motor swap will be coming soon, and I'm also going to be building a custom made front winch bumper - ( yeah, to match the lil one ) Oh, and the white stripes are coming off ASAP..!

Last edited by 51WillysJeep; 10-11-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #218

great scale rig.

i like that body. i wonder if i could find a sammy body thats the size to fit a scx10.

nice 1;1 sammy. looks to be in great shape. i always keep my open for a clean sammy, havent came across one thats clean enough or priced right.

nice buy !

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #219
RCC Addict

this thing has turned out sweet.just looked at the whole build.
hotrodsonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #220
RCC Addict

Really Chris. So what's the count at now, 1 TJ, 2 yota p/u, 1 4runner, 1 Sammi and 1 Taco?

Nice find!
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-5-scale-rigs/166762-1-5-project-slickrock-samurai.html
Posted By For Type Date
New Bright Jeep Body This thread Pingback 02-21-2013 11:51 PM
Samurai cabrio scaler su base minilosi NUOVO PREZZO - Pagina 5 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 02-16-2013 03:49 AM