RCC Addict

Default Re: What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects

Turned out great man. I look forward to hearing how the event goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 08:10 AM   #123
Go Buckeyes!

So cool! The added trailer and tree adds a nice touch!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 09:44 PM   #124
RCC Addict

Holy smokes it’s been a busy couple weeks. I didn’t win, but there was a lot of decked out rigs and that’s ok.

Well my distinctive pd c2 truck got pretty twisted up and I’m not sure how. I had ordered a vrd chassis for the body mounts.. random I know.. haha to finish mounting the body on my dad’s zoku swap. Well I decided to just run it with all the existing parts from the old truck for now. I built a plate to adapt the dlux portal trans to the vrd skid, grabbed vrd links and it was a pretty easy swap. Still trying to figure out/decide on a body. Now super stoked on how tall the stock sliders make the body sit, and I cut up another Traxxas hot rod truck body but I would need to make my own sliders. I’ll figure that out down the road

Idk if I posted this already but the Capra axle moon buggy got some new wheel faces. 2.2 method 105’s with blue slim ifr rings

Then I reworked the purple buggy quite a bit. New transmission, dlux od3 with flux driveshafts and some proline trepadors either sl3d inserts.

Then I did a little work on the coyote truck, added some sliders and a little front weight. Bought some cast portal weights and painted them black. Took it out last week and I was happy with how it performs for what it is.

I wheel swapped my pro to some gray 101’s because who doesn’t love 101’s

I got a fordyce in my last round of ToF, decided to keep it and run it bone stock. Well I almost did, I added foams but that’s necessary right?
I’ve got a pile of parts for it but idk when I’ll start upgrading. I’ve got everything to bulletproof the transmission, some knuckle weights and an upgraded servo. May start with the servo and weight then see how long the stock trans lasts

Then I decide to revive the Bronco on a budget. Scored some f10 straights off twade and a kit vfd so I slapped this together on a vs4-10 chassis and the 10.3 early Bronco. I still need bumpers and to mount electronics

And last but not least! I picked up a Bambu lab A1 3d printer. At $399 it was hard to pass on. Ended up with some Bambu filament also and I can’t wait to put it to work

Thanks for checking in!

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 08:48 AM   #125
RCC Addict

All the rigs are looking good man. I think the coyote is one of my favorites of yours at the moment.

It’s a bummer about the BOC chassis, and I wonder if it bent due to lack of bracing around the servo…

Old 12-30-2023, 10:18 AM   #126
Go Buckeyes!

So much good stuff going on here!

The purple buggy looks fantastic with them wheels and Trepadors! The more I see these moon type of rigs the more I think I need one!

All the builds coming along great! Nice job!
Old 12-30-2023, 01:03 PM   #127
RCC Addict

Man, idk as ive seen a chassis bend like that in such a short distance.

The more i see the purple buggy, the more i love it. Such a sweet lookin rig. Id didnt notice til u mentioned it, but the body does sit a bit high. May see if i can get mine to drop down a bit, but keep it comp legal.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 12:30 PM   #128
RCC Addict

Default What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects

Thanks guys, I added some upgrades to the fordyce the other night. It got some black impact wheels with gr8 hardware and scale hub screws, then I decided to swap to the 4.45” Toyos. Idk if those will stay but we will see. I also added the ssd vs4-10 specific straight axle brass knuckles for a little weight and the -5mm shock ends to get the height down. Removed the stock battery tray and electronic trays and installed some carbon fiber ones I got from twade. Then I added a shift Rc xb servo and vanquish clamping horn. That’s it for now

Last edited by Fricker08; 12-31-2023 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 12:41 PM   #129
RCC Addict

I’ve been in a bit of an RC slump lately. Been considering grabbing some sort of large scale basher, like a super Baja Rey but not sure that will do me any good. Been trying to sell off a sh*t ton of stuff and focus on a smaller amount of rigs like Twade.
The fordyce got some Toyo RT trails and a grey body.

I started working on my team driver truck for ecto fab Rc. This is their ectoplasm Class 1 chassis. Waiting on some springs and a few other things then this will be getting the f10t’s and a Mojave body. It runs a fmm so I need to gather up a transfer case also

My trailfinder 2 is finally back with ssd pro44’s 1.55’s and a blazer body

That’s about it. You’ll be seeing a bit more from me in the classifieds in the coming weeks also. But for now, I’m hoping to get out and do some more driving and less time collecting/building

Old 01-31-2024, 03:49 AM   #130
Go Buckeyes!

Can't wait to see more of that Ecto Fab RC build. Them chassis rails look super nice. I think a new leafer build needs to be in my future!

Blazer looks great with that wheel and tire combo. Perfect size!
Old 02-02-2024, 06:07 PM   #131
Rock Crawler

Those 4.45 tires look like the perfect size for the fordyce.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 10:01 PM   #132
RCC Addict

Man can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks since I’ve posted here. I’ve been busy with a Tahoe I bought and haven’t had the Rc itch lately. I do have the ecto fab ectoplasm chassis waiting to be built. Ordered some shackles for it last night and that should be all I need.
Took the tf2 out weekend before last with my old man and my nephew. First time out for my nephew and he had a blast. We killed more battery packs than I have in a while. Drove the fordyce a bit also, super happy with that truck.
I grabbed a stance body for my “vrd” just need to get some rear body post mounts
Then I took advantage of the massive horizon sale and 15% off at amain to pick up a hammer Rey. Tbh I didn’t think it was going to show, when I placed the order it showed on back order and we have all seen that movie before. But to my surprise it arrived in about 4 days

Old 02-23-2024, 08:19 PM   #133
RCC Addict

Nice. I just got my Hammer Rey today.
Ballistic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 08:36 PM   #134
RCC Addict

All the rigs are looking good buddy

Remind me what shocks you have on your vrd?

Old 02-24-2024, 11:22 AM   #135
RCC Addict

Thanks guys, Tom, the vrd has my original set of dlux modded 80mm s8e’s that sit around 84mm all said n done

Old 03-23-2024, 11:36 PM   #136
RCC Addict

I’ve been in a little funk lately. Not real interested in the RC side of things. Idk if it’s the weather, other projects going on or whatever but I decided to start building my ectoplasm c1. Got a slider assembled today. Still need to do some tuning and other stuff then figure out shocks but should be a fun truck.

Last weekend I got to be the pit man for my dad at one of the biggest races on the west coast. Joey, the creator of “The Dirt” started his career in Hemet and now he’s one of the most renowned track builders in the world. My dad was on track to bump to the B main from the C main out of 80-some sportsman 1/8 nitro buggies until the car flamed out. Still had a good time regardless

Old 04-01-2024, 05:39 PM   #137
RCC Addict

This Hammer Rey is a blast, took it out to the desert this last weekend and it was the perfect terrain. Out of the box on 3s I was impressed with the speed and how long the run time was on a 5200mah battery

Old 04-01-2024, 07:22 PM   #138
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Well my distinctive pd c2 truck got pretty twisted up and I’m not sure how. I had ordered a vrd chassis for the body mounts.. random I know..
Nice looking rigs!

Sadly with non-triangulated brackets, it's really common and super easy to bend things out of shape.

This is one reason I choose X bracing or a single tube that is bolted in as a secondary gusset.
With the tube, indeed we're transferring all the load into the bolts and hoping they don't shear off, but it works out as a weaker T-Brace than an L and gives a bit more rigidity.
diezel666 is offline   Reply With Quote

What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collaboration of scx10.2 builds Fricker08 Axial SCX10 II 45 03-28-2023 03:50 PM
CrawlZoneX 4 An RC Crawler & Scale Video Collaboration gionata78 Scale Videos! 0 11-06-2013 12:52 PM
CrawlZoneX An RC Crawler & Scaler Video Collaboration Part 2 gionata78 Scale Videos! 0 07-27-2013 04:57 PM
A Facebook & Youtube Friendship Crawler/Scale Video Collaboration ifulg Scale Videos! 0 07-02-2013 09:48 AM