Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: "The official Tuolumne County Poison Dart"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #101
RCC Addict

Well, I have to share my good fortune. Being that today is Father's day my Wife and Son Spoiled me. I got to big ticket items that will get things going. First out of a gift Bag was a Very nice and tiny Tekin FX-R . Then I got a nice little box with a Hitec 7950TH . Man, I am spoiled.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

Congrats dude! now were a little closer to seeing that thing go!
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #103
Tossin' Salad

DAMN! I forgot about father's day. I could have milked that for some parts. :unhappy face

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #104
RCC Addict

I had to post up. I finally got some cash together to order a couple small items. Ordered up a CC BEC and a CC Programming link. And the piece of resistance is the Holmes Hobbies CrawlMaster 16 Turn.

I ordered it Custom wind with a 6 degree advance. According to Johns website Should take 3 weeks to build. It will be well worth the wait. I figure this motor with a 16 tooth pinion, 87t spur both from Robinson Racing and 3s should be pretty INSANE !
On my "OG Frogger" I have a HH TorqueMaster 45t with a stock 87t spur , 16 tooth Robinson Racing pinion and old 7 cell saddle batteries. That combo can be pretty damn RIDICULOUS at times.

Slowly but surely the "Tuolumne County Poison Dart" is getting what it will need too Crawl, Jump and Flip what ever the Sierra Nevada Mountains can dish out.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

Nice! another piece to the ongoing puzzle.

my crawlmaster should be here with in the next couple days,I can't wait neither cuz I just got the fsj tranny in my poison dart and the 35T brood just doesn't have the rpm.

how exciting man,can't wait to see your rig built!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #106
Croakin' across the pond!

You're still well in front of me!

I'm watching you all with interest though!!

'fraid I've been spending some time on the dark side (no not an XR10) - no wheels just two rotors (one big and one small)!

Got some plans for Boris the OG Frogger though - hopefully coming soon !
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
You're still well in front of me!

I'm watching you all with interest though!!

'fraid I've been spending some time on the dark side (no not an XR10) - no wheels just two rotors (one big and one small)!

Got some plans for Boris the OG Frogger though - hopefully coming soon !

Long time no hear Dasher. My curiosity is now on full attention to see what the Dark side has to offer. Can't wait to see what Boris is going to Morph into.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #108
Rock Stacker

Well it looks like you are getting much closer. Can't wait to see more pics.
roadman440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #109
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman440 View Post
Well it looks like you are getting much closer. Can't wait to see more pics.
X2
Old 07-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
Long time no hear Dasher. My curiosity is now on full attention to see what the Dark side has to offer. Can't wait to see what Boris is going to Morph into.

Work's been getting in the way and I've relpaced the 1:1 LR3 with a "proper" Landie so funds got stretched!

Boris is waiting for Casey to check his inventory!!

The dark side is that I've rediscovered my passion for Helis - so I'm busy getting a Blade 400 into airworthy condition, and steadying myself for the inevitable weekly bill for replacement of bent parts.

The PD is at the parts gathering stage still. For the most part it's worryingly similar to yours - I've a slightly different shock set-up. The UL's are a little different as I'm not using VP - although this may change, as I'm going bta and yours seems to work. I'm not intending going fxr either but I'm leaving this 'til last so as to work out how much space there is.
Biggest difference is that I'm not going to use a dig - oh - and I haven't got any epoxy implants in the skid

Have you had to clock the 'c's yet or was the pinion angle OK?
Have you still got the 3racing cvds in place and if so then which 'c'hub did you use? I've got the cvd but yet to source 'c'hub. Not got the knuckles yet but I'll probably use KCs rod and so the zero akerans are self selected.
I've bought the RIT though - so it's legs will not be white!

Boris goes on vacation to the Pyrenees shortly - so he becomes "Boris Le Grenouille" for a fortnight - let's hope that he keeps his legs!

Watching your build with interest - can't wait to see the fist bit of dirt on it!!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #111
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Work's been getting in the way and I've relpaced the 1:1 LR3 with a "proper" Landie so funds got stretched!

Boris is waiting for Casey to check his inventory!!

The dark side is that I've rediscovered my passion for Helis - so I'm busy getting a Blade 400 into airworthy condition, and steadying myself for the inevitable weekly bill for replacement of bent parts.

The PD is at the parts gathering stage still. For the most part it's worryingly similar to yours - I've a slightly different shock set-up. The UL's are a little different as I'm not using VP - although this may change, as I'm going bta and yours seems to work. I'm not intending going fxr either but I'm leaving this 'til last so as to work out how much space there is.
Biggest difference is that I'm not going to use a dig - oh - and I haven't got any epoxy implants in the skid

Have you had to clock the 'c's yet or was the pinion angle OK?
Have you still got the 3racing cvds in place and if so then which 'c'hub did you use? I've got the cvd but yet to source 'c'hub. Not got the knuckles yet but I'll probably use KCs rod and so the zero akerans are self selected.
I've bought the RIT though - so it's legs will not be white!

Boris goes on vacation to the Pyrenees shortly - so he becomes "Boris Le Grenouille" for a fortnight - let's hope that he keeps his legs!

Watching your build with interest - can't wait to see the fist bit of dirt on it!!
No wonder your have been busy. Those 1:1 can take a lot of time and money. As far as Heli's I keep my hobbys close to the ground.

I used the Axial C's. I may go back and add some additional caster later depends on the turning radius. I did use the 3Racing CVD's but, I upgraded the Pins to Gunnar's right out of the package.
I used the VP Zero Ackermanns w/ Casey's steering rod.
It looks like I will be one of few who will be staying white on the Delrin. I have thought seriously about dying them but, I like the white.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #112

I've got Gunnar pins in mine too - I use the same on the OG Frogger.

The LR is new but stock, it's a workhorse rather than a toy.

I'm feeling the same on clocking.Will probably have to as I'll need the radius. I'll probably follow your lead and go Axial on the 'c's - the ones on Boris are not Axial and although the 3Racing cvd's work well they do have a lot of slop.

I'll be leaving the top white - just the legs are getting a covering!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #113
RCC Addict

All right all, Finally got to do some work on the "PD". The first challenge I took on was the servo and link for the dig unit. I have never installed a dig before and with limited clearence inside the "PD" chassis it became quite a challenge.

I ended up moving the servo to the inside of the mounting bracket. I used RCBROS servo reinforcement clamps ( Great product by the way ). I had to do this so, the servo arm did not hit the mounting bolt for the upper body.

I also took a little time to install the new bad boy HH CrawlMaster 16t w/ Robinson Racing 16t Pinion that mated with Robinson Racing 87t Spur gear. ( I forgot my Soldering Iron at work so, no wire to the Tekin FX-R )

Did go ahead with installation of the Hitec 7950 today. I figured since I could not solder might as well have some fun with minor fabrication. I made the steering link out of delrin to match all of the suspension links.

I took outside real quick ( It is HOT AS HELL ! ) Snapped a quick photo.

I did order up some Traxxas Big Bore Aluminum 5862 shocks today. So if anyone in the process of building wants some of the stock plastic ones for mock up. Let me know, I'll give you a deal. I do have 2 sets of them. One set will need to have cap mods due to over sized mounting holes. Just P.M. me for information.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:51 AM   #114
Rock Crawler

Freakin sick! Almost done! Sooooooooo shiny.

The dig is a chess game to fit in the pd.

Now to get that darn soldering iron to wire them shits up and get us a vid!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #115
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. crawl View Post
Freakin sick! Almost done! Sooooooooo shiny.

The dig is a chess game to fit in the pd.

Now to get that darn soldering iron to wire them shits up and get us a vid!
I know, should have grabbed that soldering iron when I left the shop. I still have time though. I still need to buy a quality radio for this rig. I did not mind spending a little on my "OG Frogger" for now. When it comes to this rig I just cannot except cutting corners.
I also still need to buy the Lipo's and a charger for both rigs.
I agree that dig was kind of a B#tc% to install. Getting it to clear properly is quite time consuming. I just hope I get a little more satisfaction / performance then you did. I would hate to have spent the money on it and get the same results. My fingers are crossed on that set up. This is also the reason for a quality radio, better tunability.

Just a picture before I really got motivated yesterday. Even though I had the dig servo in there already. Just a few more of the items I have still sitting around. That have yet to be installed.
I wanted to show also the little tag the Wifey and Son gave me with the Fathers day gifts. Dream, I will need to figure out how and were it will be incorporated into the final product.

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 07-04-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: edit
Old 07-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #116
Rock Crawler

yeah I'm sure you aol dig the dig,I had it all in and good Togo I was never really a fan of mechanical digs its just a lot of friction you can't lube unless your still in that microchip factory with those pink dots lol.

any who looks tits man,mines missing A fancy servo ARM I'm rocking a stock hitec black plastic piece,maybe I'll sell my extream hotwire for one or something.

oh hey need a hotwire? brand new,make a ya a good deal on it ,say the price of a nice robotronic servo arm?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #117
RCC Addict

P.M.'s sent
Old 07-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #118
Rock Stacker

Holy crap that looks awesome!! The dig looks like a total pain to install and get clearance. I am waiting for the mini servo brackets to be in again at VP. Any suggestions on the install of the dig servo and arm for the other PD builders?

Anyway, keep up the great work, cant wait to see more.
roadman440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #119
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman440 View Post
Holy crap that looks awesome!! The dig looks like a total pain to install and get clearance. I am waiting for the mini servo brackets to be in again at VP. Any suggestions on the install of the dig servo and arm for the other PD builders?

Anyway, keep up the great work, cant wait to see more.
It is not as hard as you think. Mine went in no problem, and in the normal position. I only had to slightly shave down a body mount screw right by the dig linkage.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #120
Rock Crawler

So whats up? get her all wired up???