Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: "The official Tuolumne County Poison Dart"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #61
RCC Addict

My front upper links ended up a 90 mm eye to eye. The rears ended up at 110mm. I used the axial end links for both front and rear. I found for cutting the Delrin rod material a tubing cutter was perfect.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Hell yeah,thanks man.

what size rod did you use? i ordered 1/4" hoping that would suffice,ive never used delrin so im not familiar with its strength.

And thanks again for the helpful info.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #63
RCC Addict

I had to go back and measure could not remember. It is the 5/16" rod, I actually got it off of E-bay. I have had more fun building the "PD" than any of my other builds. Besure to be really becareful when you do the Transmission install. Measure once, twice, three times maybe more. You don't want to screw up like I did. It is no big deal but, when your as anal as I can be at times. IT WILL PISS YOU OFF !
Old 05-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

lol yeah im anal about that and i did read that part in here.

ive punched axial tranny holes a few times fartin around at the machine shop i use to work at,i have a template that will help me,this thread is truly preparing me for my build just about every step of the way.

been bouncing back and forth between this thread and a few other poison dart builds,been mainly sticking to yours and KC's tho.

had another Q for ya,Tires! whats a sorta all around hooker upper?

I mean i will eventually acquier a few different sets but I would like my next set to be worth it and not worse than the rock lizzards.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #65
RCC Addict

LOL ! I only used the Rock Lizards for mock up. I have read nothing but great reviews on the Hot Bodies Sedonas. Thats what I just got for this build. There is many on this site who like the Hot Bodies Rovers also. I have the Losi Comp Claws on my "OG Frogger" and I have got great results with those. Here is the thread on that build My "Frogger" build "Litoria xanthomera" I would say like most everyone here, set up and tires are the preference of the driver. A lot of the drivers have tried many, many sets to find what works best for them.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

I knew you had em for mock up,thats all I have for 2.2s are the stock axial wheels n tires.

Now what about compound? Is that a driver preference too or is sticky/soft just the way to go?

I see a lot of people getting the BB rover "white"? Guessing the "white" is the compound rating name?

Sorry for all the rook Qs BTW.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

White dot means soft.
jimmyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #68
RCC Addict

X2, There are other compounds to choose from. I have read that the Pink is way to sticky and collects every little piece of dust. With that happening it actually gets slicker and you will not get the traction you want.
Pink would be ideal in a dust free enviroment maybe in a room where they make computer chips.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #69
RCC Addict

All I can say is WOW ! These are my first set of HB Sedonas w/ C.I. Foams. These things are absolutely HUGE ! They where quite the challenge to install on the VP DH's and even a bigger challenge to install on the VP SLW V4's even with the C.I. ( Crawler Innovations )SLW V4 Wideners.
I now have no concern about ground clearence with the "PD". Easily moved too the 3" ground clearance. The old saying size matters definitely applies here.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #70
Rock Stacker

I love your tray on the front end, and this thread makes me wanna convert my ax10 and lnc
davidmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #71
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
All I can say is WOW !

I have to say WHOW to you!

Your PD is so beautyful, congratulations.

The wheels, the tires...awesome.. I like them so much and I'm sooo envious.

The wheels I ordered 6 weeks ago, seem to be lost on transport, never arrived.

I'm happy for you, your PD seems to be finished now and you can go on the rocks to make the fine tuning.
Please continue informing us!!

Blader

Size always matters!!
Blader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:35 AM   #72
Tossin' Salad

Yes, that thing is wicked! I know you will love the low front end. It just helps it stay planted on climbs...and downhills.

Get it!

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #73
RCC Addict

Still requiring all of the electronics to get her going. I am hoping Fathers day will be kind to me. And I am still trying to sell off stuff to get the rest. I am probably one of few who has kept my "OG Frogger" intact. I really enjoy my "OG" and was looking forward to side by side testing. We all know who the leader will be.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Oh so sweet!! that PD is lookin like a champ already and it doesnt even move yet.

im in the same boat on electronics,hopin i can sell a ZX6R enging to get some.

cant wait to see that beast of a frog on the rocks!

hey KC i get it,part of why i chose yer chassis.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #75
Rock Stacker

I may just have an unhealthy habit of reading this build. It is soooo freakin awesome to see what you are doing. Thank you for all the details. This is going to help me a lot when I get to building mine. Did you have any other problems when building this other than the trans issue?

Great job and keep up the good work. Cant wait to see more!!

roadman440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #76
RCC Addict

The Trans issue was the only major problem. I do fault myself for the issue. I have always told myself Measure twice cut once. I now find myself checking and re-checking before cutting. other than that I did do the BTA by Casey and I had never set one up before. Pretty simple to set up though.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

And thanks to you I will have that in mind mounting the tranny,was pondering using the "frontside Jones tranny" instead of the ax10 tranny,any thoughts?

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 06-02-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #78
RCC Addict

I am very intrigued by the frontline jones. I can definitely see it in the "PD" application. I already had the Axial Trans slated for it and was really wanting to use a Dig unit. Once I set my mind in a direction I really struggle with changing direction. But, I usually apply it into the next build.
There was a evil little blurb that Casey and the boy's where discussing a Chassis slated for XR application.
I need a second job to support my Hobby. Or maybe a Sugar Momma to flip the bill. I don't know if I would have time for a side Sugar Momma and have time for the Hobby. I would probably kick the side action for the hobby. Especially since my wife is tolerant of my hobby and of me.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Since learning about the FSJT Ive been pondering on slappin a VP dig on it,We'll see tho.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #80
RCC Addict

I would like to see that ! That would be AWESOME. Seems what I have read, Chris is kicking tail with the initial unit. And he is stepping up the latest rendition.