Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: "The official Tuolumne County Poison Dart"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #121
RCC Addict

I just have not had the time. Work has been over the top. I have CHP coming today to do there once a year inspection. They check everything Vehicles, paperwork etc, etc.
I still need a radio and the Lipos. And funds have come to slow trickle. I hope this weekend may allow a little wiring to commence. I have to wait and see. The "Honey do list" maybe be all encompassing.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #122
RCC Addict

FINALLY A UPDATE :

Well I finally got the rest of the items to complete "The official Tuolumne County Poison Dart" . Spent part of yesterday and today putting the final touches on it.
First installed the new Traxxas Rustler Big Bore shocks on. Installed Jeepindoug Mini T Spring cuts. Then moved onto the electronics. Wired up the Tekin FXR, CC BEC and also my recently purchased Futaba 4PL TX and RX. Powering everything is a 3s 1000 Lipo from CBP.

The only minor issue is I have to much steering. I need a some additional spacing on the front hubs. Contacted Vanquish about the 710 and the 835. I was told they are not ready yet and to contact them next week. There products are worth the wait. I read here on the Forumn they released them in August. Well we shall see next week what the deal is.
Oh ya there is one other issue it's F%&K!#G Raining Today !
Old 10-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #123
RCC Addict

I just had to add to this thread. The Futaba 4 PL is a AWESOME System. I have got everything dialed in. The one item I was concerned about was the Dig servo. I had read about many people who have popped the servo due to to much throw. EFFORTLESS, SIMPLE and USER FRIENDLY !

Side note : This is my first quality Radio and I will NEVER go with anything less again.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #124
Rock Crawler

I agree with you on the 4PL, the adjustability in the trigger distance and wheel/trigger tension is one of my favorite parts. Also the rig is looking great
DioptricStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #125
Rock Crawler

Looks awesome man. I have one question, though. What is the purpose of running the front shocks at such a small angle compared to the rears, but with a stiffer spring?
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #126
RCC Addict

It is a priliminary setting but, just dinkin around the house today (Rainy day) proved very worthy. Especially with the heavily weighted wheels in the front and the SLW V4 in the rear. Only time will tell, also the front shocks are only 3 1/2"s long.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #127
Rock Stacker

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!! Man that is looking great. Too bad about the rain though. Nice placement of the electronics as well. Great work, and glad you were able to get some more done on it. I have not gotten my electronics hooked up yet on mine...you have given me hope. Cant wait to see more on how it does outside on some rocks.
roadman440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #128
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman440 View Post
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!! Man that is looking great. Too bad about the rain though. Nice placement of the electronics as well. Great work, and glad you were able to get some more done on it. I have not gotten my electronics hooked up yet on mine...you have given me hope. Cant wait to see more on how it does outside on some rocks.

Thank you roadman440 ! It has been a long time coming but, is well worth the wait. I cannot wait to get it out on the rocks. The only thing remaining except for fine tuning is the body panels. I am considering doing something in aluminum. We shall see what I come up with. I would like to do something from one of the panel vendors. But, I started another build a Formula Offroad. So, I will be putting money towards that parts build up. Goodluck on getting yours together, can't wait to see what you do next.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #129
Rock Crawler

NICE!!! bout damn time man!!!

im with you on the 4pl,if i ever have to get another radio its gonna be a futaba for sure.

the PD looks slick but too darn clean,go get that thing dirty and scratched.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #130
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. crawl View Post
NICE!!! bout damn time man!!!

im with you on the 4pl,if i ever have to get another radio its gonna be a futaba for sure.

the PD looks slick but too darn clean,go get that thing dirty and scratched.

Thank you Mr. crawl ! If it was not raining yesterday she would have got the "FLOGGING" she so deserves. Now I am at work so no beating today.

After your experience with the dig servo, I was really careful about programming the 4PL. Works Awesome, so exact and user friendly.

Any word on the Carbon Fiber ? Did you see Casey made up some Beefy uppers ? I ordered mine just in case.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #131
Tossin' Salad

Good to see this thing built up.

Get some video soon.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #132
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
Good to see this thing built up.

Get some video soon.

Casey
Thank you Casey, Got the Beef Topper yesterday. Nice work on it. I will be holding back on install. I want to save it for "JUST IN CASE" .

And as for the video, I picked up some material yesterday to make panels for it. I am a little concerned about the electronics placement. So, I am going to make up the panels before any serious climbs. My luck is what it is and I need to cover all of my bases. Or "JUST IN CASE" .
I did decide to go with aluminum. I picked up a couple 4"X10" .032 . I figure with the PDF file and a Dremel MOTO Shop scroll saw I should be able to produce something. Not very heavy but, able to take a hit.

WE SHALL SEE !
Old 10-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #133
RCC Addict

Well I finally got sometime to make the body panels for the Poison Dart. I have had the great fortune of tearing the tendons in my right ankle. With nothing better to do than sit with my leg up and packed with ice. I desided to do some fabricating. Here are the results :

After staring at it for a while I figured I would sticker it up. I have not desided if I really like the panels or not. I want to have some made up by one of the vendors. But, I am preparing to start another build and wish to funnel what little funds I have towards it. So, here is the final product. Once my D#mn ankle heals I will do some crawling. A little difficult with crutches.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #134
Quarry Creeper

That looks nice man.....my Scrappy lies for 3 months now.....no f...king time and place to go to....
jimmyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #135
Rock Stacker

It never is funny to be blessed, but in this case ....
You did a great work, looks perfect!!
Hope you feel better soon!!

I did a lot of work on my two PD's, found a new nice place to crawl, but...like Jimmy...Hi Chris!!!.....no time to go there.
With my two sons we are 7 (seven!!) days a week on sports field for training and playing soccer. So it's difficult to find some free time.
It's a pity, because I really would like to do some testing with my constructions....

Axel
Blader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #136
Rock Stacker

Sorry to hear about your leg, but nice work on the panels. I think they look great all stickered up.
roadman440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #137
RCC Addict

Thanks Everyone, I have rolled my ankles many times over the years and have minor sprains. This time has really done a number on me. It will start to feel better and then not . So, I have chosen to stay away from any uneven ground. That means any place Awesome to run this thing .
As soon as I heal up, I will be posting up.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #138
Quarry Creeper

@DRV KRAWLER - Sorry for your leg, and trust me....i understand you better than everyone (ingrown fingernails and some smashed vertebras, a broken arm in my childhood days now is giving me pain - hope the medical terms are correct). In my country there is an old saying "Insanatosire grabnica" - translated in english "Quick and full healing" - that is what i wish to you !

@Blader - now i know why Germany was so many times world champion at football
jimmyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #139
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyshor View Post
@DRV KRAWLER - Sorry for your leg, and trust me....i understand you better than everyone (ingrown fingernails and some smashed vertebras, a broken arm in my childhood days now is giving me pain - hope the medical terms are correct). In my country there is an old saying "Insanatosire grabnica" - translated in english "Quick and full healing" - that is what i wish to you !

@Blader - now i know why Germany was so many times world champion at football
Thank you Jimmy ! You Have given me Hope ! I can't believe how later in life the "What was thought as minor when young, now haunts us in what is to be our golden years" LOL !
Old 10-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #140
Rock Stacker

[QUOTE=jimmyshor;3348956
@Blader - now i know why Germany was so many times world champion at football [/QUOTE]

Yeah, but not because of MY boys . They are good, but not good enough.... They both are better at school, that's the most important.
One little injury and football is over...

DRV: sorry, in my last post I mixed up the french word blesser with injured or so. It seems to be not realy the same Mixing up these two languges is a problem with me, but sometimes it gives very funny phrases
I also wish you a quick and full healing, as Jimmy said.
Staying away fron uneven ground, a high punishment for a Krawler.
Blader is offline   Reply With Quote