Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Jato The Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #121

Default Re: Jato The Bomber

Does anybody know where to get this tire hold down strap? I haven't received a response from RallyeX.

Also, where are people getting the limiting straps. KBess seems to be MIA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyeX View Post
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2016, 03:01 AM   #122
I wanna be Dave

Jato - I found a couple links for a very similar tire strap -

Blue only?

JRC 1/10 SCALE SPARE TIRE STRAP DOWN SYSTEM FOR 1.9-2.8 SIZE TIRES BLU – CKRC Hobbies

Or your choice of Red or Blue:

https://srdlv.com/products/jrc-1-10-...ze-tires-black

I think it may be also available in black, haven't found a link yet.

JRC - Judd Rummage Concepts - great Axial blog post here:

Axial Racing - AXIALFEST 2015 JRC Giveaway

BTW - there's an Orange one for sale here in the For Sale posts, looks new to me!

EDIT - Both CKRC and SRD actually carry Black/Red/Blue JRC straps. SRD has a Green set of KBess suspension limiting straps, but no mention of what length - I know there are at least Ascender, SCX10, and Wraith lengths available... the others they carry are labelled, strange.

Last edited by durok; 10-21-2016 at 03:29 AM.
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:29 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Jato - I found a couple links for a very similar tire strap -

BTW - there's an Orange one for sale here in the For Sale posts, looks new to me!
Thanks for the info. I stumbled upon the JRC strap myself. It doesn't look nearly as good as the one in the photo I quoted in the post above.

I also saw the one for sale, but it's orange.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:56 AM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Thanks for the info. I stumbled upon the JRC strap myself. It doesn't look nearly as good as the one in the photo I quoted in the post above.

I also saw the one for sale, but it's orange.
Here is the one in the pic. 1/10 scale Spare Tire Strap, Crawler, Truck, Drift, available in 11 colors,
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:12 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Awesome! Thank you!

Castle is a joke. They sent the replacement MMX like this. It really irks me when companies cheap out and save $1 by not including the retail packaging and all the wires, connectors, and more importantly the protective packaging that come in the box. Hopefully this one works the way it's supposed to.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2016, 09:18 AM   #126
RCC Addict

That's simple because you went through the customer support or warranty channel instead of the retail line. In honesty, were you going to ship the defective unit back in all the retail packaging?
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
That's simple because you went through the customer support or warranty channel instead of the retail line. In honesty, were you going to ship the defective unit back in all the retail packaging?
Yes. I always do unless I'm instructed otherwise.

I typically deal with the OEM for warranty claims and I never remember a replacement product thrown, unprotected in a box.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:44 AM   #128
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Awesome! Thank you!

Castle is a joke. They sent the replacement MMX like this. It really irks me when companies cheap out and save $1 by not including the retail packaging and all the wires, connectors, and more importantly the protective packaging that come in the box. Hopefully this one works the way it's supposed to.

You bet.

That's sad but no different than my one and only Tekin experience. Sent a Brand New bad LVC board RX8G2 in retail packaging, wires etc and got back a Brand New one in a bubble wrap envelope. At least you got a box.

Hope this one works for you
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:51 AM   #129
I wanna be Dave

My Holmes Hobby BLE came in a plastic bag .

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #130
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
My Holmes Hobby BLE came in a plastic bag.
I got an $1100 Mercedes alternator in a plastic bag

And it was damaged, of course.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
You bet.

That's sad but no different than my one and only Tekin experience. Sent a Brand New bad LVC board RX8G2 in retail packaging, wires etc and got back a Brand New one in a bubble wrap envelope. At least you got a box.

Hope this one works for you
Odd. Tekin sent me a new sensor board in the retail packaging nicely packed in a box and they included the Halloween card and candy.

I hooked up the new MMX ESC. The cogging remains. I don't understand it. I'm going away so I don't have time to tinker today, but if two MMX ESCs cog on two motors then it tells me it's the ESC. Frustrated.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Dumb question. Have you tried a different battery?
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
Dumb question. Have you tried a different battery?
Yes, on the first MMX. I tried 2S and 3S with 30C, 45C, and even 65C ratings.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:18 AM   #134
RCC Addict

Rebind the tx/rx?

We play on a rock pile behind the shop, the fire department next door must use a lot of rf stuff. When I turn my truck on in the shop and walk outside it cogs and bucks bad. Restart the truck and TX and it's all good again. Something they have running just kills the Spektrum frequency.

Just an idea.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
Rebind the tx/rx?

We play on a rock pile behind the shop, the fire department next door must use a lot of rf stuff. When I turn my truck on in the shop and walk outside it cogs and bucks bad. Restart the truck and TX and it's all good again. Something they have running just kills the Spektrum frequency.

Just an idea.
Haven't tried a new Rx, but I have rebinded it. Also calibrated the ESC multiple times. I will try a new Rx though. Good point. I'm willing try anything at this point.

I lived near a police station in the 80's when I had an OG Tamiya Hornet. It lost signal once and took off full speed into a parking "curb". That's the only time I broke a little gear into 3 clean pieces. LOL

Old 10-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #136
Pebble Pounder

Are you running a 2 speed? I had the same cogging issue and it turned out my shift servo took a crap and was "browning" out my rx so I was loosing power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
akatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:19 PM   #137
I wanna be Dave

Actually that's a really good point. Pardon my laziness I know I can go back and look, but aren't you using a gear shop servo? Try unplugging that servo and just have the throttle hooked up and see what happens
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

Did you put the new sensor board in the motor yet? I dont see how 2 esc's are bad in a row. There is something else going on.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:47 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatz View Post
Are you running a 2 speed? I had the same cogging issue and it turned out my shift servo took a crap and was "browning" out my rx so I was loosing power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Single speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
Actually that's a really good point. Pardon my laziness I know I can go back and look, but aren't you using a gear shop servo? Try unplugging that servo and just have the throttle hooked up and see what happens
I tried that as well with the old ESC. I unplugged the servo for some test runs. It didn't change anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Did you put the new sensor board in the motor yet? I dont see how 2 esc's are bad in a row. There is something else going on.
No. Both motors I tested on the first ESC cogged equally bad so I don't think it's the sensor board. I don't see the need to tear apart a brand new motor for no reason unless I can pinpoint it to the motor. I will test the other motor on the replacement MMX this weekend. I'm just starting to think this is as smooth as this ESC will get without the perfect settings. If that's true it isn't cool. The other sensored, brushless ESC and motor combos I've dealt with over the years have been much smoother without any magical settings.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:44 PM   #140
I wanna be Dave

Man, this is even frustrating to me. I swear, if I was even remotely close to you, I'd bring over one of my Holmes motors just to test those ESCs to make sure they aren't malfunctioning. I know how good that ESC can be and for some reason, it's not playing well with those motors. Usually, it's a $5 sensor wire. There has to be something simple that has been overlooked.

That's also not very cool, the way they shipped that replacement to you. I'd send it right back to them in a brown paper bag stapled closed at the top.

I really hope you get it figured out, Jato. At this point, I'd just return everything and start over with an entirely different combination. A different ESC and motor should fix you right up. Good luck man, keep us updated.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote

Jato The Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making Crawling bomber into trail rig bomber. theTman Axial RR10 Bomber 2 06-10-2016 01:46 PM