Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: FLASCX10: Project Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #121
Quarry Creeper

thanks bud, here is a video of the three rigs out on a rock day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfLJ7I79ft0
this was the first run with new body and i was a little worried about the longer wheel base at first, but had no problems. and the Rok Lox were amazing!!!! no complaints at all. I broke my hi lift jack, a screw off my rear tire carrier (easy fix) and some minor scratches and you can probably notice that the winch is gone, the wireless reciever took a cr@p and burnt up the winch too, so a new set up is on the way, as well as black 1.9 OEM metal internal beadlicks
and some pics!!!

not tipped over yet

let me know what you guys think. next up on the list:
-finish LEDs
-winch
-new rims
-scale hi lift jack
-light bar
-scale driver
flascx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #122
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys, went on a little run today, the first time the JK body has gotten wet

And got my self some HIDs just some hyper blue EFlite LEDs from the LHS.

comments welcome
Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #123
RCC Addict

How do you have the rear body posts attached to the floor?
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 View Post
How do you have the rear body posts attached to the floor?
I used some body post attatchments that came with the RTR kit and bolted them to the frame and had the body posts come through the rear floor.

Im in the process of making a fake floor that snaps in place ontop of the stock floor that covers the pins. It will have sleeping bags, and a cooler, and a toolbox on it.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #125
Pebble Pounder

just got done reading your thread and i was gonna tell you that you could add weights such as bbs or some lead stock to the spare tire that sits in the back of the honcho . but i see that you changed the body and the tire location i just dont know how well it would work now. just thought i would let you know it works for me . super nice rig man
Butcherinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #126
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcherinhd View Post
just got done reading your thread and i was gonna tell you that you could add weights such as bbs or some lead stock to the spare tire that sits in the back of the honcho . but i see that you changed the body and the tire location i just dont know how well it would work now. just thought i would let you know it works for me . super nice rig man
Thanks man, I did have a lead weight under the spare tire for a while, then the bodies changed. But thanks again for the tip and complement I would do that to my new spare tire, but I think the tire sits too high to do something like that. im considering putting BBs in my Rok Lox.....
Old 01-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #127
Pebble Pounder

Yeah thats what i figured that it was to high now. iam debating on some 1.9 mud slingers or the RC4WD boggers . The mud slingers look alot more agresive but the boggers are bigger did you like the mud slingers?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #128
Rock Stacker

gr8 looking truck

keep up the good work
peter2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #129
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Peter!

Quote:
Yeah thats what i figured that it was to high now. iam debating on some 1.9 mud slingers or the RC4WD boggers . The mud slingers look alot more agresive but the boggers are bigger did you like the mud slingers?
I loved the RC4WD Mud Slingers' grip so much, but they are just too short, not enough ground clearance!!! If i would rate them 1-10, i would say around a 4 for me. if I had a smaller rig, then those would be the tires for me.

Went on a run down by the washout today, and the new RC4WD SCX10 bumper and hi-power LEDs came in from Japan, check it out!

The new bumper is awesome, so much stronger that i thought. now all that is left is to get a new winch to finish off the front end. The bumper is mounted where its supposed to be, but in my opinion, i think it sits a little low and forward, so when i have some spare time, im going to make brackets to lift it up so the winch will be sitting right in front of the lower part of the grille of the jeep body.

And now for the lights

I plan on getting a roof rack since i still have 14 lights left over. I paid $5 for 20 hi power LEDs from japan, these things are so bright, I love them!!!!!
also going to do some rock lights, and rear lights. but to run them off of seperate switches will have to wait until i get myself a new DX7

Last edited by flascx10; 01-10-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #130
Pebble Pounder

Nice man she is lookin sweet. i dont know i may get the boggers and cut them idk . got tomany ideas and not enuff money i love this hobby it keeps you on your toes.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:43 AM   #131
Quarry Creeper

they are a pretty aggressive tire, i like them. I have rok lox and stock flat irons now, my buddy just got some TSL super swampers and they look mean and he says they are amazing, so i might look into those next. yea, this hobby is expensive, but most of the time, its worth it
Old 01-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #132
Pebble Pounder

yeah i have some 2.2 tsl's on my comp rig thought about getting some for the honcho but i guss iam just wanting a bigger 1.9 tire that is aggressive and the boggers look good . think iam gonna cut my bumper today and mabey finish some water proofing.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #133
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
yeah i have some 2.2 tsl's on my comp rig thought about getting some for the honcho but i guss iam just wanting a bigger 1.9 tire that is aggressive and the boggers look good . think iam gonna cut my bumper today and mabey finish some water proofing.
Oh yea, I bought a spare scx10 reciever box and I plan to put my future goat crawler in it and seal it
Old 01-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #134
Quarry Creeper

Went out and tested out the new lights tonight, extremely happy with them. Next is a ProLine roof rack with some LEDs

Also getting a new DX5e tomorrow and going to hook the lights up to a switch and find a way to make a winch work with it if I can.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #135
Pebble Pounder

Lights look great. What kit did you use?
shcuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #136
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcuck View Post
Lights look great. What kit did you use?
I got the leds off ebay, just about to order my led kit when I get my next paycheck.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #137
Quarry Creeper

Got myself some new goodies today.
new Spektrum DX6i system, RUNS GREAT!!!!! so much smoother and more precise.

and went to tractor supply and got myself a toolbox, my friend works there, so i got it for free

And went out for a test run with the new radio, and love it. gotta get used to using a stick radio instead of stock one, but its so nice!!!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #138
Quarry Creeper

i really like those jk bodies and the build of course. And this one if one of my favorites!

And how does the body fit. I couldn't get mine to fit so i just gave up....

Nice rig man!
VintageCopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:59 AM   #139
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageCopal View Post
i really like those jk bodies and the build of course. And this one if one of my favorites!

And how does the body fit. I couldn't get mine to fit so i just gave up....

Nice rig man!
I used stock body pins in the hood, and the rear ones I moved back a little bit. It fits great, don't give up, they are so much fun. What are you having trouble with. If you decide that you don't want the body, let me know haha
Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #140
Pebble Pounder

Default steering links.

I was just gonna ask when you orderd those intgey steering links and knuckles how long were they back orderd. Now its saying like late febuary on thoes. just worndering.