Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: DRIVNMF Builds, (cough), the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #101
RCC Addict

Default DRIVNMF Builds, (cough), the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6

Pure awesomeness Parker on the details. Not only is she ready for the G6 event but also for any s£#% that goes down in the hood... Lol. Also that Lucha Libre mask is off the chain, I use to wake up every Saturday to watch wrestling with my grandfather and at the end the show I'd put on a Halloween mask and wrestle my brother in the back yard....lmaoooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: DRIVNMF Builds, (cough), the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8welch View Post
The camo sniper rifle is a message is sweet. Nice scale touch to an awesome build.

Popcorn for President!!!
Thank you, n8welch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
Pure awesomeness Parker on the details. Not only is she ready for the G6 event but also for any s£#% that goes down in the hood... Lol. Also that Lucha Libre mask is off the chain, I use to wake up every Saturday to watch wrestling with my grandfather and at the end the show I'd put on a Halloween mask and wrestle my brother in the back yard....lmaoooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, muddywaters and you hit the memory nail on the head! Wrestling came on Sunday mornings at 11 and is some of the best memories of spending time with grandpa. The "girls" where at church and we watched wrestling.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

The headlights of a Jeep define it and has been a long term debate. Cutting my teeth in a '95 Wrangler, I am a square headlight guy, but Jeep loyalist know that round headlights is a Jeep thing and we wouldn't understand. Say a "real man's Jeep" has square headlights and hold on for the debate tsunami to hit.

With this in mind, the stickers was not an option for me. The Wrangler G6 comes with headlight buckets to add LED's.

Let's start, I am not forgetting the reflective tape this time.

Cut and applied. It took several small pieces to complete the "dish", if you will.

Holding them in place, what a difference, but it looked like i shoved aluminum foil in there. The large, clear lexan lens is like a big window looking into to a baked potato party.

I don't like it. It is not what I pictured in my head. That is one of the attractions to scale RC. It is what you want you truck to be. There is no "right or wrong" way. It's your truck. You are the driving it. Build it YOUR way.

To me, if I am going to make the head lights work, what can I do to get a scale look and light a night stage of a RECON G6?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #104
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post

I don't like it. It is not what I pictured in my head. That is one of the attractions to scale RC. It is what you want you truck to be. There is no "right or wrong" way. It's your truck. You are the driving it. Build it YOUR way.

To me, if I am going to make the head lights work, what can I do to get a scale look and light a night stage of a RECON G6?
I concur. You build your rig your way. I airbrushed my Jeep Rubicon's light buckets chrome using Spas Stix paint. I'll get a photo posted soon.
Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #105
Quarry Creeper

When I did my Wraith Jeep body, I sunk the large Axial lights into the body and mounted them up with shoe goo. Looks like they would fit the G6 body as well.

If I do lights on my G6 they will be done this way.

Treys1's Jeep Wraith

treys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #106
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1 View Post
When I did my Wraith Jeep body, I sunk the large Axial lights into the body and mounted them up with shoe goo. Looks like they would fit the G6 body as well.

Treys1's Jeep Wraith

This was going to be my exact suggestion Parker. It is this, or I believe Krawler Koncepts has an entire replacement grill that is a hard plastic, that the lights mount too. I also want to say that Dinky RC has a whole plate that comes in from behind, allows the mounting of the light buckets and gives you a scale radiator that you can see through the grill slots. All three look great!

Also your interior looks awesome! I love all the personal touches in there, it definitely says you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Helicopter Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #107
I wanna be Dave

I went in search of a LED flashlight that was the diameter of the Wrangler G6 headlight lens.

Several days and no luck.

I am being specific. I want a cree led. It has the performance I am looking for and it looks more scale than a 12 led type flashlight.

A couple of more days and I have to make a call to a fellow G6'er and ask, "Where did you find those lights?" Of all places, an automotive chain, how fitting! Thanks Mr. Rivas of Rivas Concepts YouTube Channel, Rivasconcepts - YouTube

That is another reason I love scale RC. Each one of us has cool ideas. We learn from each other how we did it and we learn how to build better because of it.

My all time favorite scale enhancement and performance gain, is inner fender well. Good friends from the South taught me this trick and I will never forget it as long as I live. Plastic oil jugs make a great 3 dimensional inner fender well! But don't worry, you don't have to buy 4 quarts of oil to make them, just go to any auto chain and look in their trash cans out front. It worked for me!

These are police edition light from AutoZone, off sale, so they where 8 bucks each, but boasted 100 lumens at 3v.

BINGO! First step, disassemble. The LED brain center, unscrews from the casing.

Removed and set on top of bezel for "depth" guaging.

First real test of E-6000; mounting headlights.

The casing is the negative side. Wiring should be straight forward when I get to that step, but for now, the look and performance is spot on. I am using a 9v battery for this test.

Appearance...

Performance...

Clearance...
Old 01-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1 View Post

Treys1's Jeep Wraith

That looks so clean! I would have never thought of that! Bitchen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter Len View Post
This was going to be my exact suggestion Parker. It is this, or I believe Krawler Koncepts has an entire replacement grill that is a hard plastic, that the lights mount too. I also want to say that Dinky RC has a whole plate that comes in from behind, allows the mounting of the light buckets and gives you a scale radiator that you can see through the grill slots. All three look great!

Also your interior looks awesome! I love all the personal touches in there, it definitely says you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Appreciate the intel, Len. I did the Rivas Brake light mod. Litterally, it was 5 mins from start to finish. He coached me over the phone!

I had to remove the lens on each and color them red with a sharpie. (The student got a head of the teacher) My bad, Teach, don't paddle me!

Installed.

I was lucky enough to talk to WarPig for some advice as well. I am so out of my element with building, but i am amazed that it really isn't that difficult to do and it is a ton of fun!!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

Parker glad to see your rig is coming along and it's looking good. I know this is late because I was finding the pictures for this response for the head lights to show ya but since you already finshed your setup this would be for next time.

Since almost all LED are for the most part forward lighting only the optics really help make them shine further. Here's how I worked mine so far. Hope this could help see ya soon buddy.

nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
Parker glad to see your rig is coming along and it's looking good. I know this is late because I was finding the pictures for this response for the head lights to show ya but since you already finshed your setup this would be for next time.

Since almost all LED are for the most part forward lighting only the optics really help make them shine further. Here's how I worked mine so far. Hope this could help see ya soon buddy.

Another sick idea! Thanks Phamtastic! I have saved this "how-to" for future use.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #111
Rock Crawler

Hey Parker

Here's the photo of an alternative to using reflective tape. Ultimate Chrome also comes in an aerosol.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I went in search of a LED flashlight that was the diameter of the Wrangler G6 headlight lens.

Several days and no luck.

I am being specific. I want a cree led. It has the performance I am looking for and it looks more scale than a 12 led type flashlight.

A couple of more days and I have to make a call to a fellow G6'er and ask, "Where did you find those lights?" Of all places, an automotive chain, how fitting! Thanks Mr. Rivas of Rivas Concepts YouTube Channel, Rivasconcepts - YouTube

That is another reason I love scale RC. Each one of us has cool ideas. We learn from each other how we did it and we learn how to build better because of it.

My all time favorite scale enhancement and performance gain, is inner fender well. Good friends from the South taught me this trick and I will never forget it as long as I live. Plastic oil jugs make a great 3 dimensional inner fender well! But don't worry, you don't have to buy 4 quarts of oil to make them, just go to any auto chain and look in their trash cans out front. It worked for me!

These are police edition light from AutoZone, off sale, so they where 8 bucks each, but boasted 100 lumens at 3v.

BINGO! First step, disassemble. The LED brain center, unscrews from the casing.

Removed and set on top of bezel for "depth" guaging.

First real test of E-6000; mounting headlights.

The casing is the negative side. Wiring should be straight forward when I get to that step, but for now, the look and performance is spot on. I am using a 9v battery for this test.

Appearance...

Performance...

Clearance...
Those are some serious "daylighters".
Old 01-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Yes, Trump1, at 9 volts I am dumbfounded at the projection of boogey man clearing light!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:46 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Yoda MacNasty is bringing out the builder in me. OK, that's a stretch. I am using the scale "force" to make Yoda tame some of the sickest terrain that we have scheduled for 2014.

Let's add fuel lines to the fuel cell.

First, we need scale fuel lines. Hmmmm.

Got it! Besides, who uses a land line anymore.

Strip the outer layer and OH MY! We have scale fuel lines and no more phone calls interrupting my building mojo!

Fuel cell is painted and prepped for lines.

NOTE: When adding body holes after painting or Hydro Dipping or skinning, don't do the hood ones first. Use the back, as I showed in the picture. LOL

Lines added and E-6000 into place.

My scale swag is reaching G6 Jedi status!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Fellow G6'er and teen heartthrob, Cody Breeden, made me some cool dice for the windshield.

Oh yeah, E-6000 the fuel filler hose into place and will mount to roll cage later.

Here are the cool dice.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:01 AM   #116
Rock Crawler

The fuel cell and dice are cool! I like those types of scale details.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Someone's addicted to e6000

It's like flexible, adhesive, waterproof heroine!!
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yes, Trump1, at 9 volts I am dumbfounded at the projection of boogey man clearing light!

No boogey man will be safe in any nook or cranny.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Shocks can make your G-Ride or scaler a stage hero or make you think you are driving a cameo rig from the latest Fast and the Floppy movie.

Some shocks look Killer, Brah and really stand out in pictures, but a 20 year old pay by the hour no-tel motel mattress is firmer.

Drivers that are after performance, use "scale-ish" looking racing shocks. I like the best of both worlds, good looks and performance.

ICON Vehicle Dynamics aluminum bodied shocks is what I run. Some will argue not long enough stroke, I don't have compensation issues, so I do not debate this. Too much travel or articulation with a scale rig, is not good. I have seen a Land Rover driven by OG6'er Chasinbaja pull insane lines with only 3/4's an inch of travel. Leaf sprung G-Rides perform amazing, too, provided the shocks are set up correctly.

I have received a lot of questions on my shock set up after drivers watched this Rivas Concepts video of Lil' Lexus drivin' MLB lines!

Shocks are personal and will improve your driving ability or cause frustration when your buddies are making lines and you are unable to. Proper shock set up is crucial. Oil, Springs, and shock location all can affect shock performance.

Let's begin.

I am using my hand made French work bench, Le Paper Plate'.

I don't build a shock completely and then another. I assembly line my shocks ensuring each step is 100% complete before moving on. I figured it worked for old man Ford, it will work for me.

When your shocks look like this,

It's time to eat something. Nothing says "I am a shock building fool" like Deer Summer Sausage and cracked pepper crackers.

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 01-12-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #120
Rock Crawler

A funny, unique and interesting way of presenting a shock build. That mattress looked McNasty. I'm getting hungry and you reminded me I have some Hickory Farms beef summer sausage in the fridge. Time for a half time break.

Tags
gear head, recon g6

DRIVNMF Builds, (cough), the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 Kit DRIVNMF Recon G6 25 11-04-2013 09:11 AM
Jeep JK Wrangler (Axial) Build brazwewn 1.9 Scale Rigs 18 01-20-2013 11:03 AM
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM