Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: SCX10 III coming soon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2020, 12:46 PM   #281

Default Re: SCX10 III coming soon?

Great comparison photos. I do like those smaller Nittos on the SCX10 II. Are they the exact same rubber compound as the new tires on the III?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2020, 01:23 PM   #282
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Great comparison photos. I do like those smaller Nittos on the SCX10 II. Are they the exact same rubber compound as the new tires on the III?
The old R35 Nitto's were one of the best 1.9 tires Axial made in my opinion. Running a set on my VS4-10 Pro and my Ripper. The size is perfect in those applications. Which reminds me I need to order another set.

The new size seems to fill the JL flares well. Make sense the 1:1 JL can fit larger tires than the JK.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:43 PM   #283
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
No, a little different being a bit softer. It was to close to the original compound to really change it but it does work better as it is produced by a different vendor for the SCX10 III
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:30 PM   #284
I wanna be Dave

Sweet video comparison thanks StevesRC, also watched Matt's, and part of Josh's, need to watch the rest soon! Great side by side comparison pictures, thanks Rich! SCX10III just keeps looking better!

Jato Tim, where's yours in tracking now???
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:40 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
The old R35 Nitto's were one of the best 1.9 tires Axial made in my opinion. Running a set on my VS4-10 Pro and my Ripper. The size is perfect in those applications. Which reminds me I need to order another set.

The new size seems to fill the JL flares well. Make sense the 1:1 JL can fit larger tires than the JK.
Interesting. I'm just not a huge fan of R35 compound anymore. It doesn't seem to work well on the moss and wet rocks here. But I love the look of that tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
No, a little different being a bit softer. It was to close to the original compound to really change it but it does work better as it is produced by a different vendor for the SCX10 III
Thanks for the info! Softer is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
FedEx says it only departed Champaign, IL this morning at 4:47 AM and it's in transit. Still says delivery for tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:46 PM   #286
Quarry Creeper

Great truck.

Two options for this kit will make it better IMO, 4 link and servo on axle as option with proper parts on the box and also the option to swap the dig function to make a transfer case like 1/1 rigs, rear wheel drive o four wheel drive.
Taper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:06 PM   #287
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taper View Post
Great truck.

Two options for this kit will make it better IMO, 4 link and servo on axle as option with proper parts on the box and also the option to swap the dig function to make a transfer case like 1/1 rigs, rear wheel drive o four wheel drive.

Err, even if you gave it a 2wd / 4wd transfer case, you would need a way to unlock the front end, with something like a selectable locker, unlocking hubs, etc. 2wd with a locked front differential would not be great.

Also, would a lot of people want an axle mounted servo? It does not seem to be a popular choice for a scale rig as far as I can tell.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:25 PM   #288
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
Also, would a lot of people want an axle mounted servo? It does not seem to be a popular choice for a scale rig as far as I can tell.
Agreed. On the Capra it made sense. Here, not so much.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:38 PM   #289

I moved this thread to the new, SCX10 III section. There's enough good info in this thread from Rich that I think that's the correct section for it.

Also, I remembered my Capra tracking not looking good either and that was delivered on time so fingers crossed I get my SCX10 III tomorrow! If not, I just hope it's here before the weekend so I have some quarantine entertainment.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:58 PM   #290
RCC Addict

Quote:
I moved this thread to the new, SCX10 III section. There's enough good info in this thread from Rich that I think that's the correct section for it.

Also, I remembered my Capra tracking not looking good either and that was delivered on time so fingers crossed I get my SCX10 III tomorrow! If not, I just hope it's here before the weekend so I have some quarantine entertainment.

Was wondering when someone was gonna move it,bout time!
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:03 AM   #291

If anybody is interested - her my builders- thread, just the second in Germany.

CLICK

Unfortunately in german as it is too much work to translate it into english.
At the moment i am busy building this great rig - so no time for translation .

Last edited by rbspeed; 03-26-2020 at 04:06 AM.
rbspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:30 AM   #292
Rock Crawler

Mine is on the FrdEx truck. Can't wait!
Old 03-26-2020, 06:04 AM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
It shows out for delivery! And I'm working from home to receive it so it's gonna be a good day.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:32 AM   #294
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It shows out for delivery! And I'm working from home to receive it so it's gonna be a good day.
Maybe you will get lucky and the FedEx guy will walk up to your house and just slap the "Unable to deliver" tag on your door without trying to deliver the package. I actually watched the FedEx guy do this to me more than once.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:36 AM   #295
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Maybe you will get lucky and the FedEx guy will walk up to your house and just slap the "Unable to deliver" tag on your door without trying to deliver the package. I actually watched the FedEx guy do this to me more than once.
I watched a FedEx truck pull up in front of my house in a torrential downpour. He sat there for a bout 5 minutes and then drove off. A few minutes later I tracked my package and it showed a delivery exception. The package showed up the next day.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:40 AM   #296

Quote:
Seems a bit premature to create a whole section for it. For all we know, this truck could just be a passing fad.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:52 AM   #297
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Seems a bit premature to create a whole section for it. For all we know, this truck could just be a passing fad.

I agree..... Until Axial can find real plastics......

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:58 AM   #298

Quote:
Oh don't say that! Something similar happened to me. I forget if I was at home or at work that day, but my package showed out for delivery all day. At some point the tracking showed undeliverable. I reached out to FedEx to ask why and they told me nobody was home to sign for the package. It didn't require a signature!!! I asked them why, if a signature was required, did the driver not leave a delivery notice/signature slip on my door? No answer. Anybody with a brain would realize a delivery attempt was never made.

Another time, FedEx claimed they couldn't deliver due to weather conditions. It had snowed in the area, but it wasn't enough to cover the roads for more than a day. Everything had melted and the roads were clear!!!

These are just two of the reasons I've learned to hate FedEx over the years. I've not experienced any other carrier lying about not being able to deliver a package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Even if this truck sucks it will sell tons because it's an Axial. Thankfully, all signs so far point to it not sucking. In fact, it looks to be a really good truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I agree..... Until Axial can find real plastics......
They did. They got Horizon's plastics which are good.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:06 AM   #299
Let me 3D Print that...

Quote:
Oh don't say that! Something similar happened to me. I forget if I was at home or at work that day, but my package showed out for delivery all day. At some point the tracking showed undeliverable. I reached out to FedEx to ask why and they told me nobody was home to sign for the package. It didn't require a signature!!! I asked them why, if a signature was required, did the driver not leave a delivery notice/signature slip on my door? No answer. Anybody with a brain would realize a delivery attempt was never made.

Another time, FedEx claimed they couldn't deliver due to weather conditions. It had snowed in the area, but it wasn't enough to cover the roads for more than a day. Everything had melted and the roads were clear!!!

These are just two of the reasons I've learned to hate FedEx over the years. I've not experienced any other carrier lying about not being able to deliver a package.
Recently I had FedEx claim they tried to deliver a sig required package and nobody was home. Both things were untrue so I called to complain. The driver claimed that he knocked on my garage door and left a call tag. My security cameras disagreed with the driver. Nobody from FedEx was on my property that day. Far from the end of the world to me, but come on. Be honest at least.

On another note...FedEx claims my SCX10iii is out for delivery today. Let's hope they get it right.
RexRacer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:07 AM   #300
RCC Addict

Mine shows due in Monday, yay! After not buying a truck for over a year I forgot how exciting tracking numbers can be . Does suck that It's FedEx so I'm not getting my hopes up too much, altho Monday would be great since I'm teleworking that day.

Need some paint now.......

Quote:
I would so not be pleased!!
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10 III coming soon? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COMING SOON the NEW Yeah Racing SCX10 II Accessories RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 01-23-2019 03:25 PM
Coming soon the Reef's RC Products SCX10/SCX10 II Sliders! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 01-18-2019 11:29 AM
Coming Soon the NEW SSD SCX10 II CVD Axle Shafts! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 10-30-2018 04:36 PM
Post up! Any new upgrades coming for SCX10.2? TFitzPat87 Axial SCX10 II 23 01-13-2017 11:46 PM
SCX10 Noise coming from the axle UNDEAD_DC Axial SCX-10 7 03-01-2014 05:08 PM