Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: SCX10 III coming soon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2020, 07:26 AM   #301
Rock Stacker

Default Re: SCX10 III coming soon?

jato im in the same boat. mine is supposed to be delivered today but still sitting in Richmond wich is an hour away from me here in Charlottesville. its a sad day when I can order something from china and usps gets it here before fedex can deliver from tower hobbies...….
I don't see a fad here. I was impressed with the quality of the capra and I believe it will continue with there new kits. and im a jeep fan so win win.
my only gripe is with fedex. please bring back ups
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #302
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackman View Post
jato im in the same boat. mine is supposed to be delivered today but still sitting in Richmond wich is an hour away from me here in Charlottesville. its a sad day when I can order something from china and usps gets it here before fedex can deliver from tower hobbies...….

I don't see a fad here. I was impressed with the quality of the capra and I believe it will continue with there new kits. and im a jeep fan so win win.

my only gripe is with fedex. please bring back ups
I feel your pain on the FedEx thing. I'm sure that FedEx gave them a better deal than UPS. UPS has gotten unbelievably expensive in their shipping this past year

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:20 AM   #303
I wanna be Dave

It’s Box Size.
FedEx has the cheapest rates for large cartons.
As I live less than one mile from their hub, I never get the stupidity .
I still think USPS priority is the best service cross country

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:47 AM   #304
Rock Crawler

Boom!

GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #305
Let me 3D Print that...

To their credit, FedEx dropped mine off safe and sound about 45 min ago. Didn't even bother with getting a signature.
RexRacer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:03 AM   #306
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRacer19 View Post
To their credit, FedEx dropped mine off safe and sound about 45 min ago. Didn't even bother with getting a signature.
No build threads posted yet??
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:09 AM   #307
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Quick gear ratios math based on the manual says high gear out of the box is 31:1 so about what the Capra is while low gear is 45.6:1. If you change to the non-portal trans gears and install the smallest 11T pinion, low gear gets down to 98.7:1.

So high gearing won't be a problem for this one.

Prefacing my question by saying I don’t understand gear ratios...

Just wondering how the gear ratio/reduction compares to a Trx4? They seem to have great torque in low and plenty of wheel speed in high running a 21 turn on 3S.

I’ll be using HW1080 on 3S, so any suggestions on a motor???

(I thought I’d have a month to do research...lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VR6 BeelzeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:19 AM   #308
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
FedEx has been sending out emails for the past two weeks, informing anyone with a FedEx account (great for automatic tracking of all FedEx deliveries to your home address) that, for the foreseeable future, they will not be doing signatures...ALL packages will be left WITHOUT a signature.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:20 AM   #309
RCC Addict

I just want to get it on the Fed ex hate bus too. I have nothing but bad experiences with them. I've never had any bad news with delivery companies that have a U in the beginning of their name: UPS, USPS. that's how you know they're legit... Go with U, and be happy.

Seeing that box on GA Dawgs floor makes me want one, like nowwww..
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:27 AM   #310
I wanna be Dave

I just don’t get FedEx.... we can’t seem to get easy enough delivery....BUT my LHS gets all Horizion delivery’s FedEx, 3 days a week without issues.
My kits tracking says tomorrow morning at my LHS, and I just left with a large bag of goodies and a $$ discount for paying cash. Love my shop!!

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #311
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
I just want to get it on the Fed ex hate bus too. I have nothing but bad experiences with them. I've never had any bad news with delivery companies that have a U in the beginning of their name: UPS, USPS. that's how you know they're legit... Go with U, and be happy.

Seeing that box on GA Dawgs floor makes me want one, like nowwww..
I know what you. I call FedEx "drop & run", because that's what they usually do...and, they never ring the doorbell. I was just pointing out that ALL carriers (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc) publicly announced (even via the news) that they wouldn't be doing any 'signature required' delivered while this coronavirus matter is going on.

They're still deliver 'signature required' packages, but they won't actually be getting signatures. While I understand their reasoning behind this, I see a problem with it. If they deliver a 'signature required' package without a signature, are they taking financial responsibility if said package is stolen? While the emails sent be the carriers state signatures won't be commented, those same emails, interestingly enough, made NO mention of "financial responsibility" on stolen/missing packages.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:33 AM   #312
Let me 3D Print that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
No build threads posted yet??
I am actually working from home for the foreseeable future, so free time won't be any different than usual. It will get built as time permits. :thumbsdown: I'll get a thread going eventually.
RexRacer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:39 AM   #313
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6 BeelzeDub View Post
Prefacing my question by saying I don’t understand gear ratios...

Just wondering how the gear ratio/reduction compares to a Trx4? They seem to have great torque in low and plenty of wheel speed in high running a 21 turn on 3S.

I’ll be using HW1080 on 3S, so any suggestions on a motor???

(I thought I’d have a month to do research...lol)
The TRX4 has a huge difference between high and low gear, so it is both geared for more speed in high and geared for more torque in low. The SCXII doesn't have nearly as wide of a spread in the gear ratios.

Practically, the TRX4 is best driven in low with the occasional switch to high gear for blasting around while I forsee the SCXIII being driven mostly in high gear with it being dropped into low for crawling.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:46 AM   #314
Rock Stacker

sitting here and pacing, impatiently, waiting on fedex to bring my truck.
now I know what a crackhead feels like without any crack
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #315

Quote:
I'm pretty confident in saying I have never had to sign for any package coming directly from Horizon Hobby. The sender chooses if they require a signature and apparently Horizon foregoes that, thankfully.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:02 PM   #316
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
The TRX4 has a huge difference between high and low gear, so it is both geared for more speed in high and geared for more torque in low. The SCXII doesn't have nearly as wide of a spread in the gear ratios.

Practically, the TRX4 is best driven in low with the occasional switch to high gear for blasting around while I forsee the SCXIII being driven mostly in high gear with it being dropped into low for crawling.

So a 35 turn motor to occasionally send it, but still have enough torque in low? Sort of just in the middle and let the gearing do it’s job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VR6 BeelzeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:37 PM   #317
I wanna be Dave

Brushless and don’t worry, set a smooth curve and creep and blast!
I’m going with my ol BLE /PP3500 on 3s

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-26-2020, 04:17 PM   #318
Pebble Pounder

I started to get excited reading about all of you receiving your 10 III's and figured mine may have arrived at my LHS (I'm at the top of the list). So I gave them a call today and low and behold, they decided last night to close down until further notice due to the 'Rona virus. Strike one.

So I called another hobby shop I occasionally deal with about 1.5 hours away and asked them. They said they have them on order and was told they won't have them until late April. I told them how Horizon announced they started shipping them at the top of the week (they didn't know that) and that people were beginning to receive them and they told me I was wrong, lol. They said that 'they're sources' said that no one will get them before late April. Whatever. Strike two.

So before I strike out, does anyone know where I can source one? I'd be fine ordering online or driving within a couple of hours from where I live (northeast Ohio).
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:39 PM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTom View Post
So before I strike out, does anyone know where I can source one? I'd be fine ordering online or driving within a couple of hours from where I live (northeast Ohio).
Go Nitro Hobbies has them and guaranteed delivery by Tuesday for me. If you are indeed in the Northeast USA it should be the same for you. I've ordered countless times from them and they are very reputable. They have a brick and mortar store in NJ so you are supporting an LHS too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-AXI03...ry!19504!US!-1
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:45 PM   #320
Gold Star Baby!

Looks like the crawl space has 2 available right now

https://thecrawlspaceonline.ecwid.co...KIT-p184828544
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10 III coming soon? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COMING SOON the NEW Yeah Racing SCX10 II Accessories RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 01-23-2019 03:25 PM
Coming soon the Reef's RC Products SCX10/SCX10 II Sliders! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 01-18-2019 11:29 AM
Coming Soon the NEW SSD SCX10 II CVD Axle Shafts! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 10-30-2018 04:36 PM
Post up! Any new upgrades coming for SCX10.2? TFitzPat87 Axial SCX10 II 23 01-13-2017 11:46 PM
SCX10 Noise coming from the axle UNDEAD_DC Axial SCX-10 7 03-01-2014 05:08 PM