Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Yeti XL Aftermarket Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2016, 04:24 PM   #241
RCC Addict

Default Re: Yeti XL Aftermarket Thread

Sorry, I've been procrastinating...here's my hasty studio shots to at least make the thread prettier. They're the cleanest things on the poor truck right now, I should probably service the thing here in the down time with all new bearings and maybe some other fixes. It's definitely earned some TLC before a shake down with some brand new tars.

Last edited by Sneetches; 01-09-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #242
Rock Stacker

Dang those are some nice looking tires!! Stock wheels eh?
Tekyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #243
Rock Crawler

Daaayum. Those are the best looking tires I've ever seen on the YXL. Love the tread. Must have them now.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 06:29 PM   #244
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekyguy View Post
Dang those are some nice looking tires!! Stock wheels eh?
Yeah those are just the black kit wheels from a while back. I've only broken one of the chrome wheels but other than that all my hexes are still fine on the current wheels so I just figured to get the black ones this time, all the Mt4 wheels were sold out at the time.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I just got my upper link in today, gonna fix the XL up and maybe run it tomorrow for the first time in a while since the state got rid of my giant asphalt pile . I've found some fun hill climbs to clean up though.
I have a huge asphalt pile also. Hope it's around a while. It's a mountain.
tech3241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #246
Pebble Pounder

Looks like Hot Racing is coming out with an aluminum front diff box. (Part # YEX1201, Aluminum Front gear Gear Box Yeti XL.) No picture or price point yet but it's listed under the YXL section. Not sure how much better it could be then D'Hawk's.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  113.8 KB
Trifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #247
Quarry Creeper

Dhawk vs. Rot racing is not a contest. Dhawk hands down over hot racing. Every time.
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:43 PM   #248
Rock Crawler

The only thing HR makes that works is the aluminum front bulkhead plate.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:16 PM   #249
Rock Crawler

HR front sway bar is better than Axial's. Not sure if it's needed at all, but for some reason I feel like it makes a difference.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #250
Rock Stacker

Updates with prices now 54,88, it has the same design as stock gearbox, so better acces to your front diff. But i Cannot see another big difference.

Sjonnie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #251
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonnie82 View Post
Updates with prices now 54,88, it has the same design as stock gearbox, so better acces to your front diff. But i Cannot see another big difference.

Thanks for the info. That's a good price IMO.

The design IMO is not the issue. The material used is/was. Once the diff and bulkhead gets hot and I've recorded as high as 103degree the plastic softens and all opposite of heaven happens. If it is machined correctly for the bearings etc the alum is a bonus disapating heat blah blah.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:35 PM   #252
Rock Crawler

I like the easier access to the front diffs. I put the new ring and pinion in the rear of my YXL last night but couldn't bring myself to do the front. Love the Dhawk but man is it a biotch to get those gears out. I don't think I'll be buying the HR just for the easy access. It's great to see more stuff being made for the YXL. I hope lots of people buy it (just not gonna be me).
Old 01-20-2016, 01:43 PM   #253
RCC Addict

I hope my DHAWK 2 speed lives up to their reputation !!!
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #254
RCC Addict

So I realized I only had half a tiny bottle of tire glue left, so I finally got some more in. I wanna glue the RBs up and test them this weekend, snow or not.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #255

So for someone looking at picking up a bulkhead, which would get the nod? dHawk or HR? I got some other dHawk parts in this week and I'm debating on picking up a new bulkhead and the new bevel cut gears to set up a solid front-end to go in when the current one goes and up til now the bulkhead was an easy decision, but now there are choices to be had and decisions to be made.

Thoughts
mrtucker80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:36 PM   #256
RCC Addict

If I based my decision on 99.9 of the people on forums , and videos I would have to say DHAWK .... At least I'm $banking$ on it...I'm waiting on the bulkhead, bell stems, upper & lower link mounts and the 2 speed transmission.. I received the control link and it a beautiful sight. The pinion spacer kit as well.. But the WOW factor was nothing like opening up my Vanquish axle today!!! so fn nice !!! I put it on the scales and its only 2.68 O.Z more ... VERY IMPRESSED
It's killing me to wait bet I wanna do it all at once.. next weekend hopefully.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:28 PM   #257
RCC Addict

Err weekened testing cancelled so far ... We got about 8 inches of the fine powdery stuff last night. I took the Summit out which promptly sunk and only keeps sinking with more wheel speed. If I had a little skid loader then I bet an offroad snow track would be interesting, but that's not the case.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:16 PM   #258
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Err weekened testing cancelled so far ... We got about 8 inches of the fine powdery stuff last night. I took the Summit out which promptly sunk and only keeps sinking with more wheel speed. If I had a little skid loader then I bet an offroad snow track would be interesting, but that's not the case.
Hey Sneetch I know this is a XL forum but I was wondering how you like the traxxas summit ? I wanna get my wife one so she can have some fun too...
Old 01-23-2016, 03:15 PM   #259
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Hey Sneetch I know this is a XL forum but I was wondering how you like the traxxas summit ? I wanna get my wife one so she can have some fun too...
It's a great rig, I'd wager it's one of Traxxas's best vehicles. I picked mine up for $540 which I found very reasonable, unfortunately Traxxas recently enacted a MAP on all their vehicles so now it's $640 minimum. It's my second go-to rig if I'm not running the XL though, the only thing it loses out on is the wheelbase for hill climbs. Otherwise in stock form is still a great truck, I take it to outdoor picnics/parties and it's always a hit with the little kids who wanna chase it, or parents who wanna drive.

Edit: One last advantage is that I use 3 pairs of 2S packs between both trucks, which is also convenient.

Last edited by Sneetches; 01-23-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:36 PM   #260

Hi everyone. This question is a little out of place for this thread. My YXL ESC is beeping. When I power on the transmitter and then plug in the batteries it used to beep a few times and then stop. Now it beeps and continues to beep w/stopping. It's like it is not making a full s system connection.

Can someone help advise me where to start troubleshooting? Is the ESC bad?

Thanks in advance for your help.

If this is not the right forum for this type of question please guide me to the right place. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SirCheeto is offline   Reply With Quote

Yeti XL Aftermarket Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aftermarket springs question/thread Troublekitty Axial Wraith 6 11-10-2014 09:20 PM
yeti 1 week review/ build thread db450 Axial Yeti 0 09-10-2014 12:49 AM
Badger's Axial Yeti Rock Racer disassembly thread badger Axial Yeti 193 09-02-2014 11:25 AM
YETI Sightings Thread Ty@Tekin Axial Yeti 1 08-04-2014 03:58 PM