Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Axial AX90050 Yeti™ SCORE® Trophy Truck® 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD – RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #161
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial AX90050 Yeti™ SCORE® Trophy Truck® 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD – RTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdatsun View Post
We have three 510's, a built 71 2dr with a VG34E, a half finished 72 4dr project with a VG30E, and a 73 2dr track car waiting to get worked on that will have a VG30E turbo.
Gotdayum!
I'm just running a sss L18 with a Weber... LOL
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #162
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Axial AX90050 Yeti™ SCORE® Trophy Truck® 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD – RTR

This wait is killing me, yesterday at around 6:30PM my RPP shipment was, according to Fedex, "in transit" in Harrisburg PA which is only about 2 hours away from me. Hasn't updated since... Isn't scheduled to arrive till Thursday. I was hoping that I would get it early but knowing Fedex I won't. Wish RPP used UPS ground not Fedex Ground.

Probably sitting in a pup trailer at the local terminal waiting to be unloaded.
Arctic Cat ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:28 PM   #163

UPS just dropped mine off. Oh man can't wait to get the kids to bed so I can play with my new toy!
jeb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:48 PM   #164
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino View Post
I think it's inevitable that we'll see an XL version in the very near future. I was really hoping/assuming their next release was going to be a scale, solid axle monster truck.
Absolutely, I think so too.... I was just looking over my XL and trying to figure out how I was going to mount a proline desert rat 5th scale body to it...... Well low and behold the XL has the same Body post/pin through set screw setup the little bro has on the shock tower brace So thats where im going to mount it lol.
Im pretty sure Axial has an idea of what else they were going to do with the platform

Anyway I love my home jobber TT but I REALLY want one of these, body has great little touches to it.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:45 AM   #165

Haven't had much time to play with it but I like it so far. I added some led's and have a 19t pinion coming to gain some speed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
tooltimenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:10 PM   #166

My new Trophy truck next to her big cousin.
Boost Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:19 AM   #167
Quarry Creeper

i have to say here i love my exo buggy and will prolly run it until i cant get parts. when i saw the yeti i was like yawn and then took a second look and thought "trophy truck!"....and then they came out with the score truck......im lovin this thing ......but mine is hidden away by my wife in the closet until christmas.......lol the only thing i find curious is why axial didnt release this one first since people have been building custom one out of wraiths and exo buggies....im not to excied about the yeti as a crawler or anything but i may look at one now as go fast rig .....i cant wait to run mine....i did get to run with one this weekend and it does need a bigger pinion.....its prolly geared for 3s if i had to guess
stevetate12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:10 AM   #168
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetate12 View Post
i have to say here i love my exo buggy and will prolly run it until i cant get parts. when i saw the yeti i was like yawn and then took a second look and thought "trophy truck!"....and then they came out with the score truck......im lovin this thing ......but mine is hidden away by my wife in the closet until christmas.......lol the only thing i find curious is why axial didnt release this one first since people have been building custom one out of wraiths and exo buggies....im not to excied about the yeti as a crawler or anything but i may look at one now as go fast rig .....i cant wait to run mine....i did get to run with one this weekend and it does need a bigger pinion.....its prolly geared for 3s if i had to guess
Steve,

I did some more research last night after we were done at the track. On 3s the truck is suppose to run at about 25mph. On 2s it runs at about 17-18.

I ordered the 20t Robinson Pinion last night and give that a try. I want to try and stay away from 3s if possible.

I also ordered a front light bar and some accessories.

I did notice that over jumps the truck wants to nose dive bad so I did order some beef tubes to try and add some weight to the rear.

Other plans include custom mud flaps front and rear.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #169
Quarry Creeper

It sounds like it handles similar the exo......theres adjustments for squat in the rear I think....and when you get it geared right ill bet staying on the throttle will keep it level in the air.....the exo likes to nose dive too that and shock tuning is how I got around it
Old 12-08-2015, 12:19 AM   #170

I have a 19t pinion coming for mine and have also noticed that it tends to nose dive off of jumps also. I have had to adjust my driving style to drive this truck, not only jumping but turning. It will spin out when hard on the gas (due to the locked rear diff) and will roll if you are not. Throttle control seems a lot more necessary with this compared to most other short course trucks I've driven.
I do run mine on 3s and it helps with the speed but I feel like I should be reaching that speed with 2s.
I really love how the truck looks jumping and driving Ober bumps at speed though. Really makes a cool looking basher and track performance was not the reason I bought this one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using magic and voodoo.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:55 AM   #171
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltimenova View Post
I have a 19t pinion coming for mine and have also noticed that it tends to nose dive off of jumps also. I have had to adjust my driving style to drive this truck, not only jumping but turning. It will spin out when hard on the gas (due to the locked rear diff) and will roll if you are not. Throttle control seems a lot more necessary with this compared to most other short course trucks I've driven.
I do run mine on 3s and it helps with the speed but I feel like I should be reaching that speed with 2s.
I really love how the truck looks jumping and driving Ober bumps at speed though. Really makes a cool looking basher and track performance was not the reason I bought this one.

I'll be interested in the results of the 20t pinion when it comes in for speed on 2s. I am pretty tickled about my battery run time with a 5800mah battery.

This is definitely not a comp rc short course truck I am finding out. Not that I expected it to be either. It is fun as hell but I am going to try and get this thing to jump better.

I am planning on making this thing a scale trophy truck. Now I am just gonna wait on some parts and start a build thread when I get going on it.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #172

All in for a nice build thread Arctic!
jeb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:34 PM   #173
Rock Stacker

I don't know what the exact speed is with a 20t pinion, but I will say that truck is a LOT faster. For non-crawler guys, it seems to be a much more "normal" speed for RC trucks. Not stupid fast, and not slow like stock, a very good medium.

And yes, this is on 2S.

I will also add, that it still has a crap-ton of torque with the 20t pinion. TONS. When mashing the gas from a dead stop on asphault, it will lift the right front tire off the ground for a split second. Or you can do donuts within it's width like a rally car, and that takes a lot of power with a 4wd vehicle to do.

So in short, a 20t pinion seems to be as near perfect as you can get. I'm extremely happy with it, and I also run an extremely modified Traxxas Slash that IS stupid fast, and I'm happy with the Axial Score truck, so that says something.
yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:36 PM   #174
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdatsun View Post
I don't know what the exact speed is with a 20t pinion, but I will say that truck is a LOT faster. For non-crawler guys, it seems to be a much more "normal" speed for RC trucks. Not stupid fast, and not slow like stock, a very good medium.

And yes, this is on 2S.

I will also add, that it still has a crap-ton of torque with the 20t pinion. TONS. When mashing the gas from a dead stop on asphault, it will lift the right front tire off the ground for a split second. Or you can do donuts within it's width like a rally car, and that takes a lot of power with a 4wd vehicle to do.

So in short, a 20t pinion seems to be as near perfect as you can get. I'm extremely happy with it, and I also run an extremely modified Traxxas Slash that IS stupid fast, and I'm happy with the Axial Score truck, so that says something.
To be honest your post earlier is the whole reason I went with a 20t pinion. Never really messed with gearing before in an RC. Should be coming end of this week so I should be running it again on Sunday at the track. I'll have to report back with my findings.

Now this post even gets me more excited for this gearing change. Thanks again for posting your experience!
Old 12-09-2015, 01:47 AM   #175

I just put in the 19t pinion and ran on 3s. It is MUCH faster and still has gobs of power. I may get a 54t spur and try that as well after I run a few batteries through and check the Temps of the motor/esc. I do like the speed better now and if it runs good with the 54t spur I will probably be able to run 2s comfortably.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:57 AM   #176
Quarry Creeper

So as artic cat knows my score truck is hidden in my closet for Xmas......does anybody know the stock gearing of this truck....16/?........and of a metal spur is required like it was on my exo?.......because the next time artic cat and I are on the track I can't let home take all.the glory ....lol
Old 12-09-2015, 06:01 AM   #177
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
So as artic cat knows my score truck is hidden in my closet for Xmas......does anybody know the stock gearing of this truck....16/?........and of a metal spur is required like it was on my exo?.......because the next time artic cat and I are on the track I can't let home take all.the glory ....lol
Stock is 16t pinion 64t spur gear 32 pitch
Old 12-09-2015, 06:30 AM   #178
Quarry Creeper

Thanks man........u may get a few parts together before I get this thing ....lol...
Old 12-09-2015, 06:49 AM   #179
Quarry Creeper

Is it a 5mm shaft on that motor?
Old 12-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #180
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Is it a 5mm shaft on that motor?
According to Axial it is, I will confirm once my pinion comes in tomorrow hopefully.

Axial AX90050 Yeti™ SCORE® Trophy Truck® 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD – RTR - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Yeti™ SCORE® Trophy Truck® 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD – RTR DenisLM Axial Yeti 2 10-09-2015 11:56 AM
Axial Racing - Yeti™ 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - Kit Jeff True Maine 0 12-01-2014 01:18 PM
In Stock! Axial Ram Power Wagon 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-25-2014 11:31 AM
Axial SCX10 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 1/10th SCALE ELECTRIC 4WD - RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 32 01-19-2013 08:19 AM