Notices

Thread: Something for my dad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #221
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hende View Post
thats sure looks sharp
Thanks Hende--its going to finally start looking like something...
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #222
I wanna be Dave

That is sharp Mike!! I'm digging the color too!!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #223
Rock Crawler

I had completely forgotten about this thread and just finished rereading it from the beginning. I think it's absolutely wonderful what you and your brother-in-laws are doing for your dad. I know that he must be very proud of y'all for what you are doing for him as I certainly am. Glad to see that both your dad and the car are progressing well. Keep up the good work and thank you for shareing this with us.
karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #224
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
That is sharp Mike!! I'm digging the color too!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlos View Post
I had completely forgotten about this thread and just finished rereading it from the beginning. I think it's absolutely wonderful what you and your brother-in-laws are doing for your dad. I know that he must be very proud of y'all for what you are doing for him as I certainly am. Glad to see that both your dad and the car are progressing well. Keep up the good work and thank you for shareing this with us.
The color really grows on ya. At first even I was unsure of the color and pics truely don't do it justice..

Thanks Karlos
Old 02-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #225
I wanna be Dave

Well today went really good. While CT working on buffing the paint I worked on getting the front together...

I got the new front marker/turn lamps assemblies into the valance and wires ran up.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #226
I wanna be Dave

With the help of CT I was able to get the front close to fully assembled. He still has some fitment work on the outer headlamp surrounds. The fitment between the aftermarket headlamp assembly and OEM surrounds will need a lil more work but close.

But----SHINEY!

Run Wild!!!!

Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #227
I wanna be Dave

Me and CT just had to take a moment and sit back and go "wow". With the new chrome and front on it really makes it!!! The front origional bumper was bent and so was the mounts. I had to rework the passenger main braket and the drivers outer bracket (goes from the bumper to the fender). The cross supports are WAY off and I will have to make new footings and cut them down to get the right fit. I have to still adjust the bumper as it's still off to one side...

But there ya have it so far--I am tickled pink and my dad is going to LOVE it...

The flash made the paint look yellow,lol.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #228
Rock Crawler

This entire deal is awesome! For you guys to do something like this for your dad, is pure unconditional love at work.
The Stang looks unbelievable, compared to the first few pics, it's like another vehicle completely.
caymin last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #229
Rock Crawler

has your dad seen it yet?
hende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 AM   #230
I wanna be Dave

Thanks--it looks really good in person.

hende--nope but I have sent him a couple teaser pics but he won't see much till its done. Plus he's in cali enjoying himself so he can't,lol.

Well my shop is cleaned and my trailer is hooked to my dodge. If all goes as planned tomorrow when I get home I will have the pony with me..
Old 03-02-2011, 01:54 AM   #231
Rock Crawler

Whoooo Weeee! I just went back to page one to look at the before pics again - Such an amazing transformation!

Best Thread Ever!!!!!!!
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #232
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM DEBEAD View Post
Whoooo Weeee! I just went back to page one to look at the before pics again - Such an amazing transformation!

Best Thread Ever!!!!!!!
Pretty crazy isn't it when you look at the before and current pics..
Old 03-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #233
I wanna be Dave

So after work I headed up to Ct's with trailer in tow. While he was at work I cleaned up a few things, got the car ready and odds/end loaded into the dodge (gotta love how when you give respect and trust it comes back to ya).

So once he got home and Don also showed to help I got the car loaded onto the trailer. Oh and I was able to get it to start up and drove it on.

The hour drive home was probably one of my most nervous drives ever--one eye on the road and one in the side mirror (Don was right behind me all the way). But I took it slow and made it home.

So off the trailer and into the shop!!!!!

Time to go back into overdrive from me again!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #234
R.I.P. Chip

Looks awesome, your dad is going to be blown away!

What is the color? I didn't see it posted yet.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #235
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Looks awesome, your dad is going to be blown away!

What is the color? I didn't see it posted yet.
Thanks Jason..

Its called "snake skin green". Its actually a Mopar color and seen on Vipers.

Its funny my dad was looking thru a paint book and the color caught his eye. He's a big Seahawks fan and the green is very similar to one of the teams colors.

Its going to be hard to not show him any pictures
Old 03-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #236
I wanna be Dave

So I am jumping right into this.....

So just before it left for paint I was testing circuits and found the blower motor sounded more like a broken washing machine,lol.

So I pulled the heater box back out and assembled the new motor assembly. can you tell which one is the new one..

And installed on the heater box. I chose to use a new connector on the motor since I was able to restock my supplies..

Got the box back in and the heater hoses cut and installed. At least now I can get coolant into the system(actually going to flush it first).

Old 03-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #237
I wanna be Dave

The stock assembly that was made of a cardboard type of material was of course dead/crumbling. The new replacement is plastic so it should last a little longer,lol.

It was a little harder to get onto the heater box due to the new firewall matt but I finally got it to go with no crunchy sounds,lol.

Got all the cables installed and adjusted and then ran the blower----ahhh much better!!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #238
I wanna be Dave

When I got the car it had some POS radio in it and luckily the dash was not cut. But as many of you know finding a double knob radio is not like it was years ago. One of the boxes of spare stuff I found the stock radio but it was busted. So I had talked with my dad and told him we need to do something that won't alter the dash any. Well he found this jewel. Its made to fit in the stock spot with some stockish look but its fully digital and has inputs for an MP3 player--pretty trick IMO..

I was unsure of how it was to go in since the install directions were kinda rough but I figured it out. And DAMN did it go in nicely and damn does it look really good--I was thoroughly impressed. I ran a back support brace to the top of the ashtray mount and its in there good now. I just gotta wire it up next.

The original stock speaker in the dash was literally falling apart. So he found this trick little replacement. Dual speakers and it looks like it will screw down to the stock holes.

The car never had a rear speaker (I assume it only had one) and my dad got something for the rear. he had said he had forgot it only had one and accidentally got 2. So I was looking and I can easily mount them in the holes on each side of the original location.

So more to come tomorrow night.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #239
I wanna be Dave

The old ducting for the defrost were also bad (just wire strands left,lol). So my dad got new ones. Now these are nice..

The fitment was perfect. I got the stereo wired (just have to finish a ground and run the rear speaker wires) also and the front speaker mounted. I just gotta double check the passenger side to make sure it clears the wiper arm.

Now that pesky windshield can defrost allot easier,lol.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #240
I wanna be Dave

Still pushing to get the dash stuff done.

*note to self--install glove box latch before you install liner,lol. Ya I did it after and it made for a little more work but I got it..

But I got the new liner installed. Its a tight fit slithering it up behind the dash but got it. Also the gove box lamp now works too (missing the pop in white cover for the lamp hole).

If you remember from WAY back in the thread I had no idea the hazard switch belonged in the glove box and was baffled as to what this switch all taped up was in it. I also found the bracket in a box of odds and ends that my dad had. So of course I had to use it and it looks pretty good. I also ran the wire for the MP3 played into the glove box.

I cleaned up the original glove box and polished up the chrome portion of it--turned out pretty decent and I think I got it adjusted right. Hope dad likes it.