Whats up all? Still alive. ha!
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #382
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Fwck gun control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
I never said ban guns. Some guns, perhaps. All guns, not a chance. Mind you they haven't done it in Canada so there really isn't anything to worry about is there.
The problem is why ban some guns...why? And why are politicians, especially those who are against ALL gun ownership the ones deciding what to take away. They do not and will not involve the many gun owner groups a say.

Maybe some should be. I think current bans - just Assault Rifles which must feature full auto or burst rates - unless registered and licensed owners is just fine.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #383
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Don't call the cops when you need help. They have guns. Oh noes! Lol.

Full auto and burst fire is already regulated to the point where you need federal background checks, wait 8 months for them to get around to spending 10 minutes to do the checks, and then receiver a $200 stamp on the piece of paper that must be with the class 3 item at all times. On top of that nothing new for the civilian machine gun market has been introduced in to the US in roughly 30 years. Full auto is rare, expensive and collectible and a great investment.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #384
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Fwck gun control------Ted weighs in....

I won't say I totally disagree with Ted...... Ted Nugent Blames Sandy Hook Shooting On Spiritually Bankrupt, Politically Correct Society
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #385
No idea what I'm doing

Default Re: Fwck gun control------Ted weighs in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post

I agree with about 90% of what Ted has to say. The problem with him is the way he says it. I've been cringing over Ted's tactics for about 20 years when I first got into bowhunting...if you are a bowhunter, you know what I'm talking about. He has a habit of presenting very valid points, in a way that alienates anyone who is sitting on the fence, and often does more harm then good, even when he's right.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #386
Suck it up!

I like Ted, and usually agree with what he says, but yeah, he puts it right out there unapologetically.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #387
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I agree with about 90% of what Ted has to say. The problem with him is the way he says it. I've been cringing over Ted's tactics for about 20 years when I first got into bowhunting...if you are a bowhunter, you know what I'm talking about. He has a habit of presenting very valid points, in a way that alienates anyone who is sitting on the fence, and often does more harm then good, even when he's right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I like Ted, and usually agree with what he says, but yeah, he puts it right out there unapologetically.
Yeah, Ted is definitely an, "In your face" kinda guy. That is part of why I posted the link.

As I said, I agree with most of Ted's comments but also agree his "delivery" could be different.
Then again, if he changed, he wouldn't be Ted and wouldn't get the same coverage.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #388
I wanna be Dave

A Quick Message from Larry Vickers...

Friends,

I write to you today and ask that you come together and help the firearms community reach out to our political leaders, strengthen the representatives of our industry, and reach out to those whom you know that aren't firmly committed to the second amendment in an effort to change their thinking. Blaming inanimate objects and punishing lawful gun owners will not protect our society from future tragedies.

Because of the senseless act of a madman, all signs point to responsible gun owners being punished by our government once again. This is not the first time we've been punished for the crimes of others and sadly, this will not be the last. It is our duty as citizens of the United States, to contact our representatives in government and urge them to use common sense, protect the freedoms afforded to us in the Constitution, and to make logical changes to our laws to reduce the likelihood of senseless acts like the one in Connecticut from happening again.

Evil will always be with us. Terrorists will always prey on the defenseless. We must make up our minds to take the fight to them before they can bring it to us. Simply enacting a gun ban and declaring areas as safe places, without actually making them safe, is irresponsible and insane. That is not a solution to the real problem... it only advances the political agenda of the left and flies in the face of the victims of terrorist acts like Newtown.

By simply punishing law abiding citizens with further gun legislation, our school systems and public gatherings would be no safer tomorrow than they were a week ago. If all sales of so-called assault weapons ceased today, our gun-free zones would still be a prime target of madmen using whatever weapons they could get their hands on. We need to take a long, hard look at the mental health care system in this country. We need to work in our communities to make sure that our schools have formidable protections from criminal activity. We need to train teachers, parents, counselors, first responders and the general public alike in how to look for trouble, react to violence and how to prevent and contain it using whatever means we have available.

Join me in supporting the National Rifle Association and Gun Owners of America. You may not agree with all of their tactics, policies or leadership, but know this... they are taking the fight for freedom to Washington on behalf of us... the good guys... the responsible, law abiding citizens who are tired of being punished for crimes we did not commit. Elections have consequences and those consequences are being dealt out by individuals that hate everything we stand for. They hate our industry. They hate our guns. They hate our patriotism and they hate our Constitution that restrains them.

Take the fight for our rights to Washington through the NRA and GOA. Join today. If you're already a member, upgrade your membership today or simply make a donation.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. God bless you. And God bless the victims, friends and families of those in Newtown, Connecticut.

-LAV
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #389
Quarry Creeper

Got this in an email and thought it was pretty cool... No wonder the UN wants us disarmed... Read and post thoughts

Interesting slant on things
AMERICA'S HUNTERS ---
Pretty Amazing!

The world's largest army... America 's hunters!
I had never thought about this...

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a
handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters
this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number:

Over the last several months,
Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in
the world.

More men under arms than in Iran.

More than France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to
the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with
firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and
Michigan's 700,000 hunters,
all of whom have now returned home safely.
Toss in a quarter million hunters
in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
hunters of those four states alone
would comprise the largest army in the world.
And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states.
It's millions more.

The point?

America will forever be safe
from foreign invasion with that
kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting...
it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national
security.

That's why all enemies,
foreign and domestic,
want to see us
disarmed.

Food for thought,
when next we consider gun control.

Overall it's true,
so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters
don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question
would still remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30, 40, 50 million armed citizens???

(IF YOU AGREE, AS I DO, PASS IT ON, I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS)

For the sake of our freedom,
don't ever allow gun control
or confiscation of guns.

"For those of us that have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never taste"
superduty03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #390

If you think your local police can protect you -- just look south of the border
Mexico way. The country is controlled by those who have guns--- Drug
Cartels . Thousands have been killed because of it. The Mexican army nor the local police can not protect there own citizens. I'm a Texan and I don't believe in gun control...
Ant Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #391
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty03 View Post
Got this in an email and thought it was pretty cool... No wonder the UN wants us disarmed... Read and post thoughts

Snip"
See quote by Isoroku Yamamoto.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #392
Pebble Pounder

Sen. Feinstein suggests national buyback of guns | WashingtonExaminer.com

Quote:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said that she and other gun control advocates are considering a law that would create a program to purchase weapons from gun owners, a proposal that could be compulsory.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #393
dkf
Rock Crawler

LOL. The government is broke, actually they are beyond broke. They have to borrow over 40% of what they "need" to keep things running as is. I am sure the people will be happy to turn in their $1500+ AR for $500 of fiat currency that declines in value by the day.

All you have to do is look at the History of what went on Aus and you can see that gun confiscation did not do jack to get rid of crime, stop suicides and etc. In many cases it actually went up. Feinstein is a worthless fawktard.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:56 AM   #394
BDR
Quarry Creeper

I try and stay out of these topics as a rule on US forums but....

Australia does have strictish gun laws, mainly on full\semi autos, also we are still here, no one has come and taken over since they got banned after Port Arther

We do have less gun related murders, BUT i do NOT agree with the clowns down here that say it stops ILLEGLE guns turning up, as i say a lot of illegle weapons are imported with the ton of coke they just brought over

I don't live in the US, and as such do NOT understand the *right* to bear arms, but i can't see how having stricter gun laws could be a bad thing, hence why i stay out of these threads over here

I was brought up in a house with semi autos, the old man was in our Army, so his guns followed a military them IE: SLR's\M14's and what not, so i do know how much fun it can be to shoot them, but i also don't see much need to have them in a modern relativly peacefull society either.

I will butt out now
BDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #395
Pebble Pounder

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...2-ac8ca4359119

Quote:
Summary of 2013 Feinstein Assault Weapons
Legislation
Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
 120 specifically-named firearms
 Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a
detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
 Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept
more than 10 rounds
Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
 Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
 Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from
the characteristics test
 Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address
attempts to “work around” prior bans
Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than
10 rounds.
Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
 Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
 Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or
sporting purposes and
 Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms
Act, to include:
o Background check of owner and any transferee;
o Type and serial number of the firearm;
o Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
o Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that
possession would not violate State or local law; and
o Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
Old 12-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #396
Pebble Pounder

Here's the thing. They can ban anything they want. The one thing they cannot ban is CRAZY.

Take the guns. It won't change anything. Crazy will do what crazy will do.

Back to my main theme, it's another tool to divide us. Don't focus on the real issue at hand, mental health and how we deal with it as a nation, just give them more drugs, because they can't be a factor either; yeah right. Until we deal with these issues, mental health and the drugs used to 'help' it, we are not going to stop anything.

Yeah, it's just one man's opinion, but, hey, I am entitled to that right?

I'm not giving up my HK or anything else to anyone.

SS
salmonshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #397
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA069 View Post
what are these specifically exempt and banned makes and models?

i personally will not be giving up any of my firearms.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #398
Pebble Pounder

basically if it was band in 94 it will be again, and she learn from the loop holes then and closed them. pistol grip, collapsible stock, flash hinder, detachable mag, thumbhole stock, etc....

this expands on the summary.

NRA-ILA | Feinstein Goes For Broke With New Gun-Ban Bill

think I may block the gas port on my AR to function like the UK has them to not have to pay the $200 NFA stamp and got though all the b.s. papper work. I can always unblock it.

but there is provisions preventing transfers. even upon death. so I can't leave my AR to my boy, there is a compulsory turn in.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #399
I wanna be Dave

So how would this work with grandfathering guns in and registering them with proof of all transferees of the firearm?? I can't remember who I bought half the crap I own from?!?!?
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #400
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
So how would this work with grandfathering guns in and registering them with proof of all transferees of the firearm?? I can't remember who I bought half the crap I own from?!?!?
The dumb biotch basically wants to make everything go to NFA and axe ARs or any other rifle which has 1 similar feature. And you will be registering what guns you are able to have. Registering is the gateway to confiscation.

Quote:
The '94 AWB defined "military characteristic" as the following for semi-auto rifles:

1. Folding or telescoping stock
2. Pistol grip
3. Bayonet mount
4. Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
5. Grenade launcher

Fwck gun control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you support gun control legislation, consider this ohh EPiC FAiL Chit Chat 0 04-09-2012 02:40 AM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM