Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2020, 10:30 PM   #2281
RCC Addict

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Few new things in. Some parts, some help.

End holder for soldering. This should help much and keep the heat off my fingers better. lol
and 2 4mm - xt60 adapters.

New high strength turny thingy. lol This is for the class 2 rig also some bent ends

Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2020, 10:59 PM   #2282
RCC Addict

1.55 for the class 1

ready to mount now.
Old 06-14-2020, 03:49 PM   #2283

Name:  1E57EBE8-3CAA-417F-A119-1DDBC0BF1B7A.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  172.2 KB

Name:  746CB926-4076-4851-81CD-7ACA55FC374A.jpeg
Views: 406
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  5F7439E7-9EFA-465B-A301-42FF225DA027.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  158.7 KB

Couple of pennys i spent in the last couple days
Restnpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:20 AM   #2284
Rock Crawler

On the way from Amazon Germany.

A couple more memory cards for the collection.

And i am going to pick up a 256 GB one tomorrow in a shop i pass by on my drive.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 12:14 AM   #2285
RCC Addict

New to me B5, older model but pretty high end parts. Never raced 1/10 buggy before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:43 PM   #2286
I wanna be Dave

Finally a treat for me!
Will fit all of my existing glass and a bit better than the IPHONE spare battery and cards

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:14 PM   #2287
RCC Addict

Thought I ordered the Newest V2 version, but I ordered the V1.
Have the v2 in my cart, just wondering if I should get it, or get something different.

The v2 will do CF materials and Nylon, the V1 wont. So I think I will order one, and maybe sell this one, or use it for other prints, which is what I will likely do knowing me like I know myself. lol

Test Print
Old 06-18-2020, 03:17 PM   #2288
RCC Addict

pair of front bumper mounts for the two SSD/RC4WD Builds. Both modified slightly to slide into the rails a bit.

Old 06-18-2020, 11:56 PM   #2289
RCC Addict

Some chanquish beadlocks, mounted up my stock 10.3 nittos. Will be running this setup on my trx4

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:41 AM   #2290
RCC Addict

Default Pics of your latest purchase

I picked up 2 protek lihv 120c 6100mah batteries. I’ve tried the Maclan versions and have had mixed results, so I figured I’d try these. I was debating on 4900mah, but I had a lot of store credit so i went with the larger ones

Last edited by c0bra; 06-19-2020 at 07:46 AM.
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:36 AM   #2291
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
Thought I ordered the Newest V2 version, but I ordered the V1.
Have the v2 in my cart, just wondering if I should get it, or get something different.

The v2 will do CF materials and Nylon, the V1 wont. So I think I will order one, and maybe sell this one, or use it for other prints, which is what I will likely do knowing me like I know myself. lol
Based on what I can tell, the V2 won't really be printing nylon or too many of the CF filaments without some mods. The printer I have set up for CF nylon prints at 275* (and doesn't even start to soften up until about 260*) which is significantly above the Ender's temp range. Getting nylon to stay stuck to the print bed will likely require changing out bed surface on either model.

Printing CF anything is going to eat the stock brass nozzle quickly so the minimum is changing to a hardened nozzle. The usual upgrade is a steel nozzle but those are something like only 80% as efficient at conducting heat as the brass nozzle so they often require higher temps. Even something like CF PETG may require a hot end temp that is pushing the upper limit of the Ender.

You will get a lot of mileage out of PLA and PETG in this hobby without worrying about nylon or CF materials so ultimately the differences between the V1 and V2 probably won't make a difference.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:46 AM   #2292

I picked up a Benchmade Bugout, a Benchmade Bugout clone, some KnivesShipeFree scales for the Bugout and got a free tactical survival paracord bracelet. Never understood how paracord was life saving.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:44 PM   #2293
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I picked up a Benchmade Bugout, a Benchmade Bugout clone, some KnivesShipeFree scales for the Bugout and got a free tactical survival paracord bracelet. Never understood how paracord was life saving.
Benchmade makes some of the best knives...and, their included Lifetime Sharpening Service is unsurpassed. As for the two, I'm guessing the top one is the true Benchmade.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 06-19-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:54 PM   #2294
I wanna be Dave

Finally getting my monohull for NAMBA's P-Limited class. The factory has finished building, and testing, my newest boat, and should be shipping it today.* Technically, it hasn't actually been shipped...yet...but, yes, these photos are of my actual boat.* Now, it's time to get "serious" about deciding the colors & graphics design.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 06-19-2020, 02:32 PM   #2295
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Based on what I can tell, the V2 won't really be printing nylon or too many of the CF filaments without some mods. The printer I have set up for CF nylon prints at 275* (and doesn't even start to soften up until about 260*) which is significantly above the Ender's temp range. Getting nylon to stay stuck to the print bed will likely require changing out bed surface on either model.

Printing CF anything is going to eat the stock brass nozzle quickly so the minimum is changing to a hardened nozzle. The usual upgrade is a steel nozzle but those are something like only 80% as efficient at conducting heat as the brass nozzle so they often require higher temps. Even something like CF PETG may require a hot end temp that is pushing the upper limit of the Ender.

You will get a lot of mileage out of PLA and PETG in this hobby without worrying about nylon or CF materials so ultimately the differences between the V1 and V2 probably won't make a difference.

Yes, I see the v2 needs Micro Swiss Hot end as well as Eprom flash on the board bios. I don't care about the auto leveling so long as it stays level when set. Need to upgrade the springs on the V1 to help that issue out.

I have some hardened steel nozzle ends in my cart. I will probably get the V2 and set the V1 up for the Nylon/CF Prints so I don't have to swap things around much to change filament types.

I am not really familiar with the various plastics (PLA PETG etc) however am aware of CF and Nylon as far as strength and durability.
Seem PETG is pretty strong, not too brittle and holds up pretty well for not critical pieces.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:11 AM   #2296
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
Yes, I see the v2 needs Micro Swiss Hot end as well as Eprom flash on the board bios. I don't care about the auto leveling so long as it stays level when set. Need to upgrade the springs on the V1 to help that issue out.

I have some hardened steel nozzle ends in my cart. I will probably get the V2 and set the V1 up for the Nylon/CF Prints so I don't have to swap things around much to change filament types.

I am not really familiar with the various plastics (PLA PETG etc) however am aware of CF and Nylon as far as strength and durability.
Seem PETG is pretty strong, not too brittle and holds up pretty well for not critical pieces.
Nylon and flexibles need, no require, direct drive and preferably all metal style hot end to get decent control. Mainly due to the temps needed. Shorted feed path helps with the flexible stuff.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:28 PM   #2297
Rock Crawler

So that i can still stalk you all, and otherwise do my thing on the interweb, then i am picking up a ASUS TUF GAMING FX506II-BQ077T laptop later today.

First and foremost this will enable me totally taking my desktop hardware apart, and throw my mods on it and its new home.

It will also enable some severe power savings, the laptop are like 45 W or so full tilt, my desktop er 180 just sitting there idling in windows

PS. you could build a really nice scaler for this kind of money, even if it is far from the MID or HIGH end of the laptop segment.

Last edited by Peaker; 06-22-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:53 PM   #2298
I wanna be Dave

Default Pics of your latest purchase

I finally bit the bullet and am glad I did. The torque on this tiny beast is amazing to speak mildly !
The noise is unusual, but bearible After the firmware-update and a fresh 3s I walked up things I’d thought about before!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #2299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Benchmade makes some of the best knives...and, their included Lifetime Sharpening Service is unsurpassed. As for the two, I'm guessing the top one is the true Benchmade.

Yes, the top is the real one. I think the logo gives it away. It's a very nice knife, but it came as dull as a butter knife out of the box. The clone was nearly as sharp! I'm not happy about that.

The Benchmade is nice and much better than the clone, but I'm not sure it's worth $130. In fact, I'd say it isn't worth $130. You get cheap, plastic scales (such a weird name for knife grips or handles IMO) and a dull blade out of the box. But it is American made and apparently Benchmade is known for having a "brand tax" meaning all of their stuff is expensive. I do wonder if the "Grivory" plastic scales are molded in the US though.

The lifetime backing and free sharpening is great, but if they sharpen everything as bad as this one came out of the box I'm not sure I'd bother sending it to them.

My girlfriend said my addictive personality (relatively new and I'm not sure why - concussions probably ) has moved from RC's to knives and I can't say she's wrong.

I ordered this a while back when I ordered my SOG Terminus XR, but apparently it went out of stock so I just got it now.

This is a Fox Baby Core knife. Really cool little "chode" of a knife.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:29 PM   #2300
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Yes, the top is the real one. I think the logo gives it away. It's a very nice knife, but it came as dull as a butter knife out of the box.
If the real Benchmade wasn't sharp, is return/exchange it. I've never had, nor seen, a new Benchmade that wasn't sharp. Typically, they're as sharp as a razor.

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM