Notices

Thread: Presidential election...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2016, 06:50 AM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Presidential election...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
the alternatives aren't as viable as they once seemed.
Finally came to your senses?
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2016, 07:00 AM   #142
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
It's hard not to get mad about the current state of our country.
Well, there's the state of our country, and there's the "I don't care to educate myself beyond my own opinions and get all my info from remote corners of the internet because you can't trust the msm" state of our country.

I'm distressed about the former.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:11 AM   #143
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Yeah, she is a terrible person. Sure, Trump has said some mean, stupid, dumb, whatever you want to call it, things...but the fact that she pushed & pushed that fact into our heads, meanwhile she is no better. She said, the worst one, that we[Trump supporters] are irredeemable. Wow. That's a shitty opinion to have of people because they're not voting for you.
Trump is nothing more than a celebrity used car salesman that tells people want they want to hear and stays vague on details so he cant be held responsible. Trump doesn't care about anything but himself. Not you, not anybody. He never has. Some of his supporters ARE irredeemable. Some of them are the scum of the earth. But not all of them. You should learn to make that distinction.

I'm not supporting Clinton, I'm just saying...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:14 AM   #144
Rock Crawler

Quote:
It's hard not to get mad about the current state of our country.
I really feel like that thought is fueled by the media and Republican leadership, not reality. Unemployment is at record lows, economic growth is outpacing everybody in the world except China and India (not a fair comparison based on GDP baselines), inflation is super low, fuel prices haven't remained this low and stable in decades, and I wake up every day with opportunity. I just don't feel the doom and gloom everybody complains about.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:20 AM   #145
I wanna be Dave

i think ill just Eee Pee on the ballot for shits and giggles.

Hillary still needs to be stuffed with a sock and drown in lacquer thinner. and trump needs to be painted red in a bull ring. or some how show up in spacejam during the main game with a red dot on his a$$.

trump just isn't ready. the fbi needs to just arrest Hillary. < why the hell does it auto cap the first letter in her name? she doesn't even deserve that little amount of respect.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:45 AM   #146
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
I really feel like that thought is fueled by the media and Republican leadership, not reality. Unemployment is at record lows, economic growth is outpacing everybody in the world except China and India (not a fair comparison based on GDP baselines), inflation is super low, fuel prices haven't remained this low and stable in decades, and I wake up every day with opportunity. I just don't feel the doom and gloom everybody complains about.
I have no use for the republitards or dumbocraps since I'm a non partisan hater or both sides of the aisle. The republitards and the media working together to spread that message is laughable at best. The media is stuck in the dumbocraps pocket and has been for years.

Unemployment numbers are always skewed and rarely correct. Everyone plays with the math to make their side look good. The fact that people's unemployment eligibility ran out and are now forced to take on multiple jobs in lower paying positions makes the numbers look decent. I see an awful lot of nicer cars than mine driven by adults delivering pizza than ever before.

Fuel prices are down currently not because of this administration (it wasn't so long ago that record prices were being paid, let's not forget that for the sake of transparency) but because of the middle east trying to shut western crude producers down by flooding the markets.

I don't feel the doom and gloom so much either. There are people that will make a go of things no matter the situation and there that get sad and fail. I refuse to fail in spite of how the cards are stacked.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:51 AM   #147
RCC Addict

Quote:

Unemployment is down, sure but so is participation so the number is skewed. Bureau of Labor Statistics Data Sure there is job creation but there's just as much job loss.

Inflation is a game being played by the Fed. They should have raise the rate already but are keeping it low artificially and will increase it by year end. They've announced the need to increase it multiple times over the last 2 years but backtracked on the announcements due to the backlash received.

Fuel prices suck. I wish it climbed to $80/barrel ASAP! Come down south where there are ghost towns now because of these fuel prices. Sure it's nice to pay less at the pump but it's killing us. There are long time companies that supported tens of thousands of works now bankrupt or closed shop. Then there's the transportation and support network around the oilfield that's suffering as much or worse. That extra 50cents per gallon at the pump sustains so much more life than you realize. I'll gladly pay $3.00/gal today to get back to where we were in 2012-2013. I work in business credit and we have never seen so much business bankruptcies being processed.

Then there's the regulations etc. being instituted by the tree hugging administration we have today. A big customer of ours (tens of millions in revenue annually) could go out of business tomorrow if the current Admin decides no more coal energy production in order to appease the global warming/climate change/whatever the hell you want to call it today pandemic that they are so passionate about while those politicians and officials fly around on private jets etc.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:55 AM   #148

Quote:
Well, there's the state of our country, and there's the "I don't care to educate myself beyond my own opinions and get all my info from remote corners of the internet because you can't trust the msm" state of our country.

I'm distressed about the former.
There's always going to those types of people on every side of the equation. There are people that can't admit to being wrong when you show them facts.

Quote:
Trump is nothing more than a celebrity used car salesman that tells people want they want to hear and stays vague on details so he cant be held responsible. Trump doesn't care about anything but himself. Not you, not anybody. He never has. Some of his supporters ARE irredeemable. Some of them are the scum of the earth. But not all of them. You should learn to make that distinction.

Most, if not all, politicians in recent history have not cared about anybody, but themselves. In that respect, Trump is no different than the rest. But he is a business man and this country, at the end of the day, is a business in this modern world.

Quote:
Sure, that sounds great if you only focus on a limited discussion about economics. Focusing only on the positive aspects of a topic can make anything look good. But things aren't as great as you claim. Let me a throw a wrench into your story and and mention healthcare. Healthcare costs are out of control. Each year employees pay more for less coverage. Even Obama's plan of "affordable healthcare" is a disaster that couldn't control costs. We live in a country where healthcare is a luxury that not everybody can afford.

Then I have to mention personal safety. Obama incited a race war and an anti-police movement. This isn't good for anybody.

Then there's the fact that Obama also cares more about foreign refugees than the safety of the American citizens. What other President would force terrorists on us in the form of refugees without proper background checks? The governor of Florida said he didn't want any refugees until Obama could provide background checks and Obama refused to provide any of that information. Why? What is he hiding? On top of that we are going to pay for the refugees to live here for 30 days and guess who gets to pay that bill? The tax payers that are having trouble affording healthcare.

To punish law abiding citizens even more, Obama and Clinton are trying to take away personal protection by doing everything in their power to get rid of guns.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:04 AM   #149
RCC Addict

Quote:
...We live in a country where healthcare is a luxury that not everybody can afford...

Healthcare is a GOD/Allah/Higher power/No power/who knows/ given right!
Old 10-31-2016, 08:39 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post

Healthcare is a GOD/Allah/Higher power/No power/who knows/ given right!
Religion is an entirely different debate. You wait for God to cure your ailments. I'll stick with doctors.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:44 AM   #151
I wanna be Dave

I used to work for my boss's mother. She had a headache and insisted her faith would get rid of it if she just prayed on it, she refused any form of modern medicine. I know work for her son because she had a brain tumor and died.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:10 AM   #152
Rock Crawler

Quote:
To punish law abiding citizens even more, Obama and Clinton are trying to take away personal protection by doing everything in their power to get rid of guns.
I'm so sick of hearing this. Nobody wants to take away your guns. Democrats are lobbying for more common sense gun laws which something like 80% of Americans agree with. I own guns, I carry a gun, I love guns. I don't feel my 2nd amendment rights are under attack at all. Do I want an AR? Sure, but I choose to spend most my fun money on toy trucks instead of guns. Would I be sad if I wasn't allowed to own an AR? Nope.

I live just outside Philly in Norristown which recently dropped out of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the US. It's a garbage town, very unsafe. I bought my first handgun when I was delivering pizzas in town while I was in college a while back. If anybody should feel unsafe it's me, but I don't. Am I afraid somebody is going to barge into my house at night? Not really. Seems pretty unlikely. I choose to worry about much more pressing issues.

I realize I'm very much in the minority with a lot of my views on this site. That's fine. I legitimately enjoy hearing all sides of a discussion.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:20 AM   #153
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I used to work for my boss's mother. She had a headache and insisted her faith would get rid of it if she just prayed on it, she refused any form of modern medicine. I know work for her son because she had a brain tumor and died.
I'm all for medicine. I just don't believe its a right.

Quote:
I'm so sick of hearing this. Nobody wants to take away your guns. Democrats are lobbying for more common sense gun laws which something like 80% of Americans agree with. I own guns, I carry a gun, I love guns. I don't feel my 2nd amendment rights are under attack at all. Do I want an AR? Sure, but I choose to spend most my fun money on toy trucks instead of guns. Would I be sad if I wasn't allowed to own an AR? Nope...

If AR's are banned today, what's to stop auto loading shotguns next? Or semi auto handguns?
Old 10-31-2016, 09:22 AM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm so sick of hearing this. Nobody wants to take away your guns. Democrats are lobbying for more common sense gun laws which something like 80% of Americans agree with. I own guns, I carry a gun, I love guns. I don't feel my 2nd amendment rights are under attack at all. Do I want an AR? Sure, but I choose to spend most my fun money on toy trucks instead of guns. Would I be sad if I wasn't allowed to own an AR? Nope.

Serialized ammunition, magazine buttons, magazine capacity limits etc are not what I'd consider "common sense" gun laws. They are simply go around to limiting citizens ability to have weaponry, especially the ammunition laws which turn guns into clubs as ammunition becomes harder to get a hold of.

I'd like to see your 80% support for gun restrictions data. I'd absolutely believe it in your area but your area is not the whole country. Philly, chicago, la, San Fran, Seattle etc all have voters following lock step due to inner cut type environments. We out in the sticks are a whole lot different in our views.

I don't own an AR and I don't particularly want too but I'd be sad if someone wasn't able to buy one due to some big city idiocracy for sure.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:25 AM   #155
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Glad I am an athiest.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:26 AM   #156
Rock Stacker

Quote:

I don't know...I'm remaining skeptical on his decision to run. I guess I have some hope in him because he's not a career politician. Him tapping into that was a genius move. Now, that could very well be part of his shtick...but we just don't know for sure. I'm not convinced he'd make a good president, but I'm not convinced he'd make a bad one either.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:28 AM   #157
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
I'm all for medicine. I just don't believe its a right.

Yup. Somehow people managed to survive for the last 240 years without the .gov confiscating money from hard working Americans to provide overpriced health care to others.

I could put my wife on Obamacare for $7200 a year in base premiums with a 5k startup on coverage. That's $13200 before she'd have more than a physical every year. It's $6000 a year with a $1500 startup of coverage to insure her through my work making it $7500 a year for better coverage. 5 years ago I could insure her for $1200 a year and coverage kicked in at $500. Thanks, life is much better now.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:50 AM   #158
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'd like to see your 80% support for gun restrictions data. I'd absolutely believe it in your area but your area is not the whole country. Philly, chicago, la, San Fran, Seattle etc all have voters following lock step due to inner cut type environments. We out in the sticks are a whole lot different in our views.
Excerpt from linked article below...

"Support for tougher gun laws rose to 55% in the newest poll -- the highest number since just one month after the shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, in January 2013. But support for specific gun control measures was very strong, with 92% saying they wanted expanded background checks, 87% supporting a ban for felons or people with mental health problems and 85% saying they would ban people on federal watchlists from buying guns. Among Republicans, that number is even higher -- 90% say they favor preventing people on the terror watch list or "no fly" list from buying a gun. That number is at 85% for Democrats. Versions of those proposals are being taken up in the Senate Monday evening -- but are all expected to fail along mostly party-line votes."

Poll: Gun control support spikes after shooting - CNNPolitics.com
Old 10-31-2016, 09:57 AM   #159
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Excerpt from linked article below...

"Support for tougher gun laws rose to 55% in the newest poll -- the highest number since just one month after the shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, in January 2013. But support for specific gun control measures was very strong, with 92% saying they wanted expanded background checks, 87% supporting a ban for felons or people with mental health problems and 85% saying they would ban people on federal watchlists from buying guns. Among Republicans, that number is even higher -- 90% say they favor preventing people on the terror watch list or "no fly" list from buying a gun. That number is at 85% for Democrats. Versions of those proposals are being taken up in the Senate Monday evening -- but are all expected to fail along mostly party-line votes."

Poll: Gun control support spikes after shooting - CNNPolitics.com
If they would limit the law to follow those exact guidelines even I would support them. But we know how politicians are with their laws especially concerning guns.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:09 AM   #160
RCC Addict

The problem with these "common sense gun laws" is that they lack common sense to start. Law abiding citizens will continue to follow the laws. Criminals will still illegally obtain weapons, etc. to commit crimes.

Lists are just another for of registration and regulation for the government. They will use them to exploit the system as they feel.

But let's say these lists come into play, this will be the scenario. ElChup's pile of crawlers suddenly burns up and he immediately becomes depressed for a while. He gets on some depression meds and gets put on the list. Uncle Sam comes and removes his weapons from his house for safe keeping since his is on a list. ElChup then becomes happy again when someone gifts him a new SCX10II and quits taking the meds and Dr. says he is no longer depressed. ElChup wants to get his gun back so he goes see Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam then requires a blood sample, hair sample, sperm sample, left pinky finger, notarized court documents, $1000 fees to process paperwork, a registered vote for Hillary in 2020 and then it will take 3-5 years before the forms can be processed and Elchup get's his piece back. ElChup lives in sketchy part of Philly where crime has become wild and wants his piece again so he finds a guy to sell a piece with scratched off serial numbers out of the back of a 1998 Crown Victoria cop trade in car.

Or what happens if you become older and go see a doctor for depression since you've been experiencing ED. Well you get put on a list for depression but all you really need is Viagra or Cialis. Instead your guns are removed from your house for your safety.

Last edited by calcagno45; 10-31-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Tags
bunch of morons, butt hurt snowflakes, cheeto jesus, go tiny hands!, go trump!, haters will hate, lacquer thinner, liberal whining, mango mussolini, meat gazers, memesturbator, successful billionaire, thin skinned twitter hack, wingnuts unite!

Presidential election... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MiRCa - Presidential Candidates binaryterror Michigan 8 01-26-2011 01:47 PM
Presidential Power - Internet Kill Switch!? Szczerba Chit Chat 14 06-20-2010 07:56 PM
Think the Presidential election is important? JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 14 10-27-2008 01:27 PM