saw that yesterday. scary!!!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2018, 12:59 PM   #1402
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: the WTH thread is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Been to Raleigh lately?? We've ARRIVED, amico mio!
I avoid Raleigh like the plague. I just hate that place, and the way it's laid out. Not sure way, as I've really only been there for work conferences and such. It's a haul from here to get there too.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:01 AM   #1403
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
Hang on, dont let go.

The guy seems like a heavy person. Must have not been easy for him to hang for so long.

I like his positive attitude at the end of video.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:43 AM   #1404
Quarry Creeper

Default the WTH thread is back!

Feels like this belongs in the “WTH thread”...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:43 AM   #1405
Quarry Creeper

Is this women mentally retarded? How the f**k did she leave her old mother to burn alive?
Its mind blowing to learn that she simply leaves her mother and expects the firefighters to save her.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:51 AM   #1406
Rock Crawler

Filial love is not exactly the same, worldwide, sadly.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #1407
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ10 View Post
Filial love is not exactly the same, worldwide, sadly.
Very shocking and if its leading to such situations as in the video, then society has some serious issues in its structure.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:23 AM   #1408
I wanna be Dave

It's hard to say, sounded like her Mom was being difficult about getting out of there and she may have had the mind set that this was her time or that with having a disablilty and/or due to her age, she didn't want to prevent her daughter's ability to leave safely and her only way was to be difficult about it. This could be as much of a case of a Mother sacrificing herself so her daughter could live as it is her just being stubborn and thinking nothing was going to happen as it is a clueless and/or uncaring daughter.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:57 AM   #1409
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
It's hard to say, sounded like her Mom was being difficult about getting out of there and she may have had the mind set that this was her time or that with having a disablilty and/or due to her age, she didn't want to prevent her daughter's ability to leave safely and her only way was to be difficult about it. This could be as much of a case of a Mother sacrificing herself so her daughter could live as it is her just being stubborn and thinking nothing was going to happen as it is a clueless and/or uncaring daughter.
Whatever be the thing between them, but if she really cared, she would have dragged her mother out and into her car. Letting her old mother die a painful death is just beyond f**kedup. I really hope old people don't have to go through such hell.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #1410
I wanna be Dave

Were any of you who have commented there?

Lots of people had to leave loved ones behind. Never have I seen a fire move so fast and it was coming from both sides of town.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #1411
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
Whatever be the thing between them, but if she really cared, she would have dragged her mother out and into her car. Letting her old mother die a painful death is just beyond f**kedup. I really hope old people don't have to go through such hell.

Travis is right, none of us were there, and she didn't look like she could just throw her Mom over her shoulder and carry her out to the car either, I'm honestly not sure if she could have even shoved her mother out the door and to the car in a way that could have been mistaken for domestic violence to be honset.

You know, we had tornado alert come through here several years ago and while she wasn't bed bound then like she is now, she refused to make any attempts to go into the basement and Dad decided he wouldn't leave her side, even though she insisted that he save him self if it came to it. Luckily, other than some nasty winds and some rain, nothing came of it.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #1412
RCC Addict

I'm more inclined to side with travis c. and BJoe on this one. It's not a situation for someone outside of the tragedy to criticize how any of those individuals handled things. I think that woman was still in shock and understandably so. We all make decisions when we're not in the best frame of mind and sometimes those decisions come back to haunt us. I never felt from the video as if the woman simply "left her mother to burn to death". It's not hard to make bad decisions when you're overwhelmed with multiple situations that you're not familiar with.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #1413
I wanna be Dave

I agree, just by watching her, is seems like that is going to weigh heavily on that woman for a long time, if not the rest of her life. I wouldn't take blame off her mother, she fought about leaving that house in the first place, be it that she was stubborn and/or didn't/refused to understand the danger she might be in or that she was trying to make sure her daughter got out safe. Sadly, no matter what, it will weigh on this woman for years, if not decades to come.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:38 AM   #1414
Rock Crawler

"Is this women mentally retarded"
Seem like at least one snake was living in paradise
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #1415
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Were any of you who have commented there?

Lots of people had to leave loved ones behind. Never have I seen a fire move so fast and it was coming from both sides of town.
Really? People left their family members behind. That is another eye opener for me (in a negative way).

California fire is a national tragedy. Will Smith was leaving his house when the fire was 8 miles away from him. I can't grasp the fact that people did not take action until the last moment specially when a developed country has enough geostationary satellites.

I am aware that you lost your home in the fire and everyone in your family is safe. I also understand what you have gone through during such tough times. I hope your life goes back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Travis is right, none of us were there, and she didn't look like she could just throw her Mom over her shoulder and carry her out to the car either, I'm honestly not sure if she could have even shoved her mother out the door and to the car in a way that could have been mistaken for domestic violence to be honset.

You know, we had tornado alert come through here several years ago and while she wasn't bed bound then like she is now, she refused to make any attempts to go into the basement and Dad decided he wouldn't leave her side, even though she insisted that he save him self if it came to it. Luckily, other than some nasty winds and some rain, nothing came of it.
I noticed her health the first time and that is why I used the word 'drag' insted of 'carry'. Honestly speaking, the topic of health is just a lame reason in such a situation. If one really cares about their family members, then they will overcome a lot of tough situations to save them.

The domestic violence comment was not expected. Instinct based action and thought out action are two very different things. You don't give a second thought when your family members life is at risk. You simply act. The problem is with your overly strict laws that pressure every individual to comply in an unfair way.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:58 AM   #1416
Rock Crawler

What about life over limb? Do nothing that causes unnecessary pain or further injury unless to do otherwise would result in death.

I’m sorry if I offend, but I’ll break your legs, and arms and carry you to safety if to leave you means your certain death.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #1417
RCC Addict

I'm saying that I don't think that the daughter thought the situation was as dire as it was... or immanent(?). Plus I'm sure there were other factors involved. Maybe neither were using their heads. Maybe a mistake that will haunt a lifetime... but I don't see criminal negligence nor malicious intent to harm. Idk... sad situation either way.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:18 PM   #1418
I wanna be Dave

Did she look like she would be able to physically force another person to do something they were dead set against to you two? We're looking at this as men who have worked physically demanding jobs and may have participated in other activities that would help us force somebody, especally an elderly woman into doing something they don't want to, be it for there benifit or not, not a woman who doesn't appear to have that physical strength to in essence bully somebody else into an unwanted situation, even when it's t save their life.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:25 PM   #1419
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
What about life over limb? Do nothing that causes unnecessary pain or further injury unless to do otherwise would result in death.

I’m sorry if I offend, but I’ll break your legs, and arms and carry you to safety if to leave you means your certain death.
That is one way to interpret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I'm saying that I don't think that the daughter thought the situation was as dire as it was... or immanent(?). Plus I'm sure there were other factors involved. Maybe neither were using their heads. Maybe a mistake that will haunt a lifetime... but I don't see criminal negligence nor malicious intent to harm. Idk... sad situation either way.
I don't see criminal negligence or malicious intent either. But I do see desensitized emotional attachment towards her mother.

Murderers too feel bad in the court room after they have brutally chopped a body. That does not mean they are not guilty. Why give her sympathy or benefit of doubt when she was selfish enough to save her ass but not her mothers?

Situations like these bring out the real person from within. Otherwise its mostly a coverup.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:01 PM   #1420
RCC Addict

Lack of emotional attachment maybe... or maybe two emotionally exhausted people that we're already having issues and then panicked or whatever might have gone thru either of their minds up to and at the time of the fire. Could very well have been considered irresponsible by the daughter but that's not for me to criticize.

the WTH thread is back! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCW crawlers is back! New wheel thread BrazinScaleRC Vendors Tires and wheels 12 06-15-2017 08:08 PM
come back and rc drift thread cameraman Florida 3 05-04-2014 08:03 PM