Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2020, 03:27 PM   #741
RCC Addict

Default Re: Rant Thread

I think this is the best place for this post.. I’ve been buying and selling some Rc’s and other stuff lately. Usually post locally Craigslist OfferUp etc. but man am I over people these days..
I’m not even going to list all of the experiences but a couple that stand out.

First a guy wrote me on an ad I had telling me he’s selling an traxxas Xmaxx, and when I told him I didn’t need him soliciting my ad because I had already seen his and I’m not interested he blew up calling me every name in the book and told me to “go eat a toenail”

Then today I had a guy tell him he’s interested in a trx4 I have for sale but had no money. And then proceeds to tell me I should give it to him for free.....!
What!?!? But only the truck radio and battery because he has a charger.

I’ve reported and blocked countless people for writing me saying stuff is not worth what I’m asking, offering me half of what it’s listed for and so one. I feel I’m pretty fair with my pricing, and everything I’ve sold the people who eventually buy it are extremely thankful and happy with the product they receive.
Ok rant over for now!
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2020, 01:24 AM   #742
Rock Crawler

It is very easy to loose faith in humanity.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:11 PM   #743
Pebble Pounder

Freaking U-Haul...

I rented a truck today to go pick up some lumber I needed for a project. I had the truck less than an hour and drove it a total of 8 miles. It had a little less than 1/4 of a tank when I took it. I brought it back with just about a 1/4 tank. I got the final receipt in my email. What was supposed to be a $54 rental turned into $115 The jackasses penalized me for bringing the truck back with less fuel than when I left. Now I have to go over there tomorrow and complain for a refund. Thankfully, I took a pic of the dash right before I left the yard. I'll bring the gas receipt, too. I put a little over 4 gallons in. There is no way in hell I burned over 4 gallons of gas when I had it.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #744
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
Freaking U-Haul...

I rented a truck today to go pick up some lumber I needed for a project. I had the truck less than an hour and drove it a total of 8 miles. It had a little less than 1/4 of a tank when I took it. I brought it back with just about a 1/4 tank. I got the final receipt in my email. What was supposed to be a $54 rental turned into $115 The jackasses penalized me for bringing the truck back with less fuel than when I left. Now I have to go over there tomorrow and complain for a refund. Thankfully, I took a pic of the dash right before I left the yard. I'll bring the gas receipt, too. I put a little over 4 gallons in. There is no way in hell I burned over 4 gallons of gas when I had it.
Sadly, it is likely U-Haul corporate's fault, and not the local franchise. U-Haul is that 800lb beast for rental trucks, and they have some vey beastly policies that go along with them, all of which are aimed directly at profit, at the expense of the customer, or franchisee.

My sister owns a rental place in Norther CA, and the bulk of their business is farm-like equipment, along with party rentals (tents, chairs, tables and such). But, to expand the business she started renting U-Haul trucks. She figures that he association with U-Haul ended up costing more money than it brought in. The franchisees are responsible for all of the maintenance on the equipment; and U-Haul has ridiculous rules to gouge the customer. She gave a customer a break on a charge that she didn't think was right, the customer ended up being one of those "secret shopper" type of customers and U-Haul threatened to fine her if she did it again. So, she dropped them like a hot rock, and has not been sorry for it.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 05:20 PM   #745

Cellphones and driving, as more and more people come out of their homes in the houston area, the roads are becoming more fun to drive on again . Had to swerve this morning because of the car next to me texting while driving and a couple days ago saw a person watching a video while driving and they would speed up and slow down, they did this for about 27 miles until they got off hwy 290, these are not rare occurences either. We were talking about it at work and I'm at the point of treating cellphone use while drive just like a DUI, fine the crap out of them and throw them in jail, maybe it will stop some of it, I know it won't stop all of it.
70ford390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:40 AM   #746
Rock Crawler

I so do not like phone junkies, even if they are just walking on the sidewalk.

Actually any person not able to put his / her phone in the pocket i have "issues" with.
Had a girl behind me today, doing hair with a lot of spray, but it was at least while she was stopped.
I might put her in my next youtube upload as a funny moment.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #747
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Sadly, it is likely U-Haul corporate's fault, and not the local franchise. U-Haul is that 800lb beast for rental trucks, and they have some vey beastly policies that go along with them, all of which are aimed directly at profit, at the expense of the customer, or franchisee.

My sister owns a rental place in Norther CA, and the bulk of their business is farm-like equipment, along with party rentals (tents, chairs, tables and such). But, to expand the business she started renting U-Haul trucks. She figures that he association with U-Haul ended up costing more money than it brought in. The franchisees are responsible for all of the maintenance on the equipment; and U-Haul has ridiculous rules to gouge the customer. She gave a customer a break on a charge that she didn't think was right, the customer ended up being one of those "secret shopper" type of customers and U-Haul threatened to fine her if she did it again. So, she dropped them like a hot rock, and has not been sorry for it.
The franchise guy was cool and took care of it. I did get a credit. As for your sister's situation... What a load of crap. The corporate spy literally set her up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
I so do not like phone junkies, even if they are just walking on the sidewalk.

Actually any person not able to put his / her phone in the pocket i have "issues" with.
When we are at the mall, my wife will purposely walk into people that have their face buried in their phone while walking and oblivious to their surroundings.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:33 PM   #748
Rock Crawler

I got called out as a hate spewing islamophobe today, all for proving in video recordings youtube censor me posting quotes from random HC Andersen fairy tales.

The guy brandishing a very southern name on youtube, apparently think that HC Andersen fairy tales are hate speech, and so it seem do youtube.

TBH i really would like all Google services either fall in line with Danish rules of free speech, or be banned.

I always do my best to be polite towards people, even declared fans of a religion that i have severe problems with due to many words / phrases in the holy book of that religion.
And i sure dont like any person hiding behind any religion, but some pull the racist card really fast, and sadly many fall for that and support them.

Every time i post on youtube now i am recording my screen, and i have amasses a nice collection of it censoring me or the channel owner, and we are talking things i post that are so cutie pie that it can only be illegal in the Caliphate and maybe Northern Korea.

you can pull my right to free speech from the drying esophagus of my dead body !
Old 05-22-2020, 03:40 PM   #749
RCC Addict

We went out to the mini storage place where we store our travel trailer today to find that someone stole our batteries and battery boxes. I hate people. It's been stored at the same facility for at least 15 years without an issue. Even crappier is that we were just going to clear out any personal belongings so that we could donate it since we've used it exactly once in the last 5 years and won't be able to use it again in the foreseeable future since I'm having spinal fusion next month. Figured it was time to let it go since we'd end up paying more in storage fees than the trailer is worth. The place we were going to donate it to won't take it if it's not "move in ready" so hopefully batteries aren't part of that deal.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 04:19 PM   #750

Apple sucks!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've been on Android from the beginning and decided to give the iPhone a try this year. Yeah the camera is pretty good, but everything else is trash. It's the only phone that's died on me. The camera gave up. It was replaced under warranty. Shortly after the phone was out of warranty and the camera died again! I had to fight with a manager to get it replaced again. Then the tech in the store said that the replacement camera did have its own warranty and the manager didn't know what he was talking about. So the customer service manager knew less than a tech in the store? Great.

Then you have Siri. It's a useful tool for voice commands. Android had voice commands forever and I used them so I try to use them on my iPhone. If I tell Siri on my iPhone to set an alarm, my iPad across the room will answer instead! Just tonight my phone was in my pocket and I asked Siri to set an alarm. Instead of my iPhone in my pocket, my iPad which was a room away responded. Oh and this is all IF Siri answers. Almost anytime I say my girlfriend's name, Sherri, Siri chimes in. But if I say Siri the virtual bitch ignores me.

I've been pouting and throwing my iPhone around instead of nicely setting it down. I'm hoping the POS breaks for good. Either way, I plan to get a Pixel 5 when it comes out in October as long as it's not a failure. And Apple can kiss my ass!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 04:22 PM   #751
RCC Addict

There's a common theme contained within all 750 posts of this thread, the crux of which boils down to three words: "I hate people". What a sad commentary on society as we now know it.

That said, my myriad of rants follow suit...I hate people!

Oh yeah...and Apple
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 04:55 PM   #752
Quarry Creeper

I always get a kick out of that operating system/platform rants. They all have their strengths, and they all have their issues/weaknesses. Buy what suits your intended use best, and you'll likely be happy other than the occasional lemon, same as all things mass-produced.

My latest rant; the road construction going on in front of my place. They are putting four roundabouts in a 1 mile stretch of road, in a town of 5,000 people. And they're taking their damn sweet time with it too.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:15 PM   #753
RCC Addict

I’ll continue with the I hate people, just bought a used trx4 that was definitely dirty but promised to be in good working order, minus the broke front dog-bone. Came with a little “custom” trailer that I knew was. Yeah racing base but the cover ended up being cardboard. So that got tossed, and upon further inspection the thing has been spray painted over a bunch of rust. Clipped all the wires for the lights, and one of the wheel hexes was stripped out so bad he wrapped the hex in electrical tape and cranked down on the wheel nut. Broke off screw in the motor mount and the balls falling out of the front pinion bearing.
I paid way too much and didn’t inspect well enough so now I’m in it way more than I would have been just buying a brand new kit. With what I’ve ordered in parts I could have a badass brand new one, Instead I’ve snowballed myself into a turd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:00 AM   #754
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Apple sucks!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've been on Android from the beginning and decided to give the iPhone a try this year. Yeah the camera is pretty good, but everything else is trash. It's the only phone that's died on me. The camera gave up. It was replaced under warranty. Shortly after the phone was out of warranty and the camera died again! I had to fight with a manager to get it replaced again. Then the tech in the store said that the replacement camera did have its own warranty and the manager didn't know what he was talking about. So the customer service manager knew less than a tech in the store? Great.

Then you have Siri. It's a useful tool for voice commands. Android had voice commands forever and I used them so I try to use them on my iPhone. If I tell Siri on my iPhone to set an alarm, my iPad across the room will answer instead! Just tonight my phone was in my pocket and I asked Siri to set an alarm. Instead of my iPhone in my pocket, my iPad which was a room away responded. Oh and this is all IF Siri answers. Almost anytime I say my girlfriend's name, Sherri, Siri chimes in. But if I say Siri the virtual bitch ignores me.

I've been pouting and throwing my iPhone around instead of nicely setting it down. I'm hoping the POS breaks for good. Either way, I plan to get a Pixel 5 when it comes out in October as long as it's not a failure. And Apple can kiss my ass!
My phone of choice is an iPhone, simply because I know how to maneuver around it. I have tried a couple of the Android devices, they confuse the hell out of me. Of course, I am one of those people that holds on to their phone for as long as I can, I hate switching to a new device, it is always a pain.

I do find it funny that little devices like phones gives me so many fits. I have been into electronics sense the mid 80's, my first computer was a C-128. I can rebuild a computer in my sleep, I can program, and I design, build and install electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
There's a common theme contained within all 750 posts of this thread, the crux of which boils down to three words: "I hate people". What a sad commentary on society as we now know it.

That said, my myriad of rants follow suit...I hate people!

Oh yeah...and Apple
There is a reason I live in N. Idaho. This whole 'social distancing' thing was traumatic for a lot of people, but up here it is nothing new, and more of a course of habit. With that, people up here suck too. The locals bitch incessantly about the 'California transplants' coming up an ruining the land and the way of life up here. But, it is the locals that take their trash out into the woods and just dump it; which makes no sense at all, it can be dropped off at a dozen different transfer stations for free.

Also, when I was I kid we would go out into the woods and shoot, but we always cleaned up after ourselves and policed our brass. These turds just leave it where it lands...

Yup, I hate people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I always get a kick out of that operating system/platform rants. They all have their strengths, and they all have their issues/weaknesses. Buy what suits your intended use best, and you'll likely be happy other than the occasional lemon, same as all things mass-produced.

My latest rant; the road construction going on in front of my place. They are putting four roundabouts in a 1 mile stretch of road, in a town of 5,000 people. And they're taking their damn sweet time with it too.
The high and low of it is I buy what I buy, if I don't like it, I'll buy something else. Those rules apply to everyone else as well.

Roundabouts are popping up everywhere, generally I think they are a good idea, but they are not a universal fit like the planners think they are. They dropped three tight roundabouts in a busy street in C'DA. You damn near were taking your life into your own hands going through them for the first three months they were open, the yocals up here did not know how to navigate them and caused all kinds of chaos.

Last edited by Greatscott; 05-23-2020 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:47 AM   #755
I wanna be Dave

New Rant....

I am seeing a good number of post from multiple places that kind of look like this:

"I just put giant tires on my truck, and now my steering doesn't turn as tightly as it did with the small tires and the tires rub on the links."
(this also goes along with putting on aftermarket parts)

How difficult of a concept is this? Why is this a shock? Sure, not everyone is mechanically inclined, but common sense does apply.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:12 AM   #756
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
There is a reason I live in N. Idaho. This whole 'social distancing' thing was traumatic for a lot of people, but up here it is nothing new, and more of a course of habit. With that, people up here suck too. The locals bitch incessantly about the 'California transplants' coming up an ruining the land and the way of life up here. But, it is the locals that take their trash out into the woods and just dump it; which makes no sense at all, it can be dropped off at a dozen different transfer stations for free.

Also, when I was I kid we would go out into the woods and shoot, but we always cleaned up after ourselves and policed our brass. These turds just leave it where it lands...

Yup...I hate people
That's my primary people-driven rant now. For the last 18 or so years of my military time I looked forward to choosing a semi remote, low populated place to settle. Mountain Home was on the list, as was Coeur d'Alene or Sand Point if I got rich lol. I was shocked to find out that Mountain Home has exploded into a transplant haven. A pilot I know, who's a major married to a shrink, is PCSing there and is worried about being able to afford a house as the transplants have driven property values thru the roof. WTF??

So I guess that leaves Pocatello, most of WY and Alaska. I better get on the stick...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:02 PM   #757
I wanna be Dave

West Va, thanks to the democrats & tree huggers, use to be the #1 supplier of coal. Since most coal fired plants have shut down, the population of W Va is mostly unemployed. Economy is crap, but housing and land is cheap.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:21 PM   #758

Ordered SPM5110 DX5C DSMR AVC 5CH TX w/SRS6000 thinking at the time it was SPM5120 DX5C DSMR 5CH w/6100. A few hours later I realized this and called the hobby shop and got a message saying they were only doing business via email and they were a week behind in processing purchases. Over the next few days I sent several emails canceling order only to receive confirmation and shipment confirmation by weeks end. Today I received SPMR5115 TX only, I didn’t receive srs/6000 receiver with it, instead they sent me a 2 channel receiver. Sure hope they respond to my email this time��
nucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:23 PM   #759
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucklehead View Post
Ordered SPM5110 DX5C DSMR AVC 5CH TX w/SRS6000 thinking at the time it was SPM5120 DX5C DSMR 5CH w/6100. A few hours later I realized this and called the hobby shop and got a message saying they were only doing business via email and they were a week behind in processing purchases. Over the next few days I sent several emails canceling order only to receive confirmation and shipment confirmation by weeks end. Today I received SPMR5115 TX only, I didn’t receive srs/6000 receiver with it, instead they sent me a 2 channel receiver. Sure hope they respond to my email this time��
That is annoying...

Rant #1...

The CR-6 printer looks good, the review are good, and once they clear up a couple of software issues, should be solid. They are going through Kickstarter for this printer... This really isn't a Kickstart-style thing, so I don't understand why they are going this route. Second, I don't want to sign up and pledge, I just want to buy.

Rant #2...

Yes, people suck.
I had one hell of a day on my ATV, road almost 70 miles with a group of friends.
But...
One of the popular off-road spots here starts at a parking lot at the end of the road. It starts filling up around eight or so, and by 10 there are people parked down the road for at least a mile, that is why I got there at 7:30... Not too long after I got there the rest of the group showed up, getting our rigs ready for the trails.

As we were getting ready to start up the trail head, another group showed up, a group of complete douche bags. They had five trucks and trailers total, and put a large gap between their trucks, not quite big enough to part between, those five trucks took up nine spaces total. Like I said, this place would be full in an hour or two.

Off roading in any vehicle isn't exactly an "in harmony with nature" activity, even for my little Honda Foreman 500, but there are ways to do it so that you are not a complete ass. All of the rigs that were off loaded by the douche group all of very load aftermarket exhausts, and three of them had very loud radios. Thankfully the douche group left before we did, and we really really hoped to not see, or hear them on the trails...

About three hours later we were at a little cove, parked were we were supposed to and enjoying the scenery. About the time we are getting ready to rejoin our rides, here comes the douche group, down the trail, making as much damned noise as they could. There were two giant signs, "NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES ON THE BEACH". Yup, the entire douche group drive right passed them and proceeded to rip up as much coastline as they could. They also did their best to rip up the trail going down to the beach as well.

Why does this annoy me? It was easy enough to just get on our rides and get out of there. But, douches like that is what causes trail access to get closed to off roading.

In spite of this encounter, still had a blast. The snow is still melting higher up, which turned some of the trails into mud bogs. You know you had fun when there is too much mud on your ride to see what color it started out the day as.

Endith rant(s)...
Old 05-29-2020, 09:19 AM   #760

^^^ Those assholes ruin it for the law abiding ATV riders and motorcyclists.

So another cop murdered another civilian. Find him guilty and put him in the general population of prison. Of course the media is turning it into a race war and fueling the fire. When will the media be held accountable?

And when will the rioters, that are simply using the outrage to justify their criminal behavior, also be held accountable?

Not everything is a race war, but the media loves to push that.

All of these people are disgusting and the human race is worse off having them.

People are quick to say not all people of certain groups, races, etc can be lumped into the same category. Police can. A few bad cop stories and they're all bad according to the media and the looting trash. This is a form of discrimination that these people claim to hate and fight against. So hypocrtical.

This is disgusting and infuriating.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 05-29-2020 at 09:21 AM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM