Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2018, 07:51 AM   #161
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
I Do have to give OK props though, it passed end of June and licences will be available mid Aug.
NH is so behind MA, VT and ME. They only just decriminalized possession and are still fighting over recreational usage. This state prides itself on not having a sales tax, thus getting people from those border states to spend money here. Now the exact opposite is happening, as NH residents will go spend their money over the border for legal pot.

I'm not a smoker, but I do care from a revenue standpoint. There is a ton of money to be made by the state. NH residents are delusional, as they think no sales and income tax is awesome, yet they constantly bitch about the insane property taxes here.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #162
Yashua

Taxes wise I miss living in Arkansas.
They have sales tax but, vehicles whether 2 years old or 100 years old are only 27.00 and property taxes ran us about 85.00 a year.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I just picked up a new transmitter, the DX5R and as soon as I turned it on the backlight started to flicker. I was able to shake it an bang on it lightly to get it to cycle through completely on, completely off and flickering. This has nothing to do with the backlight turning off after 30 seconds or so.

Now I'm almost 99% sure I could simply open this thing up and find and fix the loose connection or wire that causing this but I really dont want to void my warranty so I'm stuck waiting for Spektrum to get back to me (they're pretty slow to respond). But I really want to open it and fix it, maybe I need someone to talk me down from the ledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Warranty be damned...never use them anyway. Always makes me think of Chris Farley: "I can take a dump in a box and put a guarantee on it, I have spare time".

Crack that sucker open! If one of us can't deal with a cold solder joint, who can?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Ok after finally getting in touch with Horizon I think I'm just gonna break the seal and fix it myself, they're not going to cover shipping and I'm really not liking all of the hoops they'd like me to jump through. Plus when I first contacted them they said it had to go through the hobby shop (which i thought was wrong), talked with RPP who was nice enough to call Horizon who told them I need to go through Horizon
ARG
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #164
RCC Addict

My experience with warranties has always been similar to returning something to AMain...as long as you never opened it, used it, breathed on it or looked at it, send it back at your own cost with a copy of your original invoice, shipping label from the box, video of it not working notarized by your sixth grade science teacher, the filled out return form with the RMA number written in blood and a note from your mother they'll consider looking at it in a few weeks. As long as they receive it back on the fifth Thursday of the month they may give you store credit, minus a 15% restocking fee, 10% email fee and 20% just to make it even more difficult for you fee.

Yeah...I'm cracking it open or writing it off every time.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:10 AM   #165
I wanna be Dave

Well I was able to fix it pretty easily, the connector was just a loose fit on the pins like it was simply not sized right, I de-pinned the plug and crimped the connectors a tiny bit to get a snugger fit.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #166
Quarry Creeper

It's called fat probing, where during test and calibration, a rooky technician sticks his meter probes inside the connector. Most seasoned guys know better and use the correct pin or a fixture.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
drzoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #167
RCC Addict

Gotta love those cheapazz Molex connectors anyway.

Now aren't you glad you stepped off the edge, with or without encouragement?
Old 07-13-2018, 02:15 PM   #168
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzoo2 View Post
It's called fat probing, where during test and calibration, a rooky technician sticks his meter probes inside the connector. Most seasoned guys know better and use the correct pin or a fixture.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Ah, interesting thanks

Quote:
Gotta love those cheapazz Molex connectors anyway.

Now aren't you glad you stepped off the edge, with or without encouragement?
Yeah I am. Though the last person I asked was my brother who's in I.T. he scared me by saying could be a loose wire or a broken pcb Luckily it was not the latter.
I didn't end up breaking any warranty stickers that I noticed so I may have been okay even if I needed an RMA after that.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:47 PM   #169
RCC Addict

This starts out as an anti-rant but I just returned from four days of driving in heavy July traffic in Venice, Treviso, Pordenone and Porcia, Italy. Crazy roads never intended for modern vehicles, summer tourist traffic, rush hour (both ends) since it was a working trip...I'll admit I was apprehensive as I hadn't driven there before. But it was GREAT!

People know how to drive like they have some sense! Trucks stayed in the right lane on the arterials (no speed limit), people moved over when you came flying up behind them at 180 kph, even the 220 kph pasta rockets didn't have to slow down. Merging, roundabout behavior, all seamless and fluid. Horn use is illegal except in actual emergency situations and cell phone use while driving is damn near a felony.

Now why the hell can't we do that here???
Old 07-20-2018, 06:54 AM   #170

I hate cheap people.

For example, last night I went over to my cousin's house to assemble her son's new "power wheels" John Deere Gator. Her husband was out of town working. She picked up food on the way. When I was ready to leave to go back home I asked what I owed for dinner. She said she'd check and get back to me. If the shoe was on the other food I'd offer to pay for dinner if a person came to my house to help me.

Also, when you're paying back friends or family don't count out 95 cents or ask for a nickel change. Is it worth it? Are friends and family not worth the extra few cents or dollars?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:13 AM   #171
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I hate cheap people.

For example, last night I went over to my cousin's house to assemble her son's new "power wheels" John Deere Gator. Her husband was out of town working. She picked up food on the way. When I was ready to leave to go back home I asked what I owed for dinner. She said she'd check and get back to me. If the shoe was on the other food I'd offer to pay for dinner if a person came to my house to help me.

Also, when you're paying back friends or family don't count out 95 cents or ask for a nickel change. Is it worth it? Are friends and family not worth the extra few cents or dollars?
WTF? Seriously? Hell I'll feed people just because they show up when I'm cooking. And I never worry about money between friends or family. Even money I've loaned close friends or family that were in a bind. If I have it to give, and they need it more than I do, then I give it freely, and I don't count on getting it back. If I do get it back, it's a little bump to the fun fund. If not, I did what I could to be a decent person and try to help someone.

Hell I helped some good friends move last weekend. We spent two long days moving them, and lunches and dinners were provided both days as well as beers.
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:33 AM   #172
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I hate cheap people.

Did she "hint" that you owed a portion for the food, or did you just ask to see what kind of response you'd get? Maybe she didn't expect to be asked that question and wasn't sure how to respond.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #173
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Did she "hint" that you owed a portion for the food, or did you just ask to see what kind of response you'd get? Maybe she didn't expect to be asked that question and wasn't sure how to respond.
Common courtesy to ask, but equally common courtesy to refuse!
Old 07-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #174
Pebble Pounder

I was at the grocery store today and I see some tool in one of the express lines with what looked like three times the express limit (14 items). I'm not sure if the cashier was too timid to say anything or my store lets the customer be "right" when they are completely wrong.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:50 PM   #175
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
I was at the grocery store today and I see some tool in one of the express lines with what looked like three times the express limit (14 items). I'm not sure if the cashier was too timid to say anything or my store lets the customer be "right" when they are completely wrong.
Store employees are generally instructed not to offend or challenge any customer, even those who choose through ignorance or arrogance to disregard protocol intended for the enhanced experience of all. And at minimum wage I don't really blame them.

I, on the other hand, have no such restriction, a general loathing for entitled douchebags and no reluctance whatsoever to enlighten those obviously in need of it.

I've been known to embarrass those accompanying me, believe it or not.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:56 PM   #176
Suck it up!

Quote:
If the shoe was on the other food...
Ha! Freudian slip ftw.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:58 AM   #177
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Store employees are generally instructed not to offend or challenge any customer, even those who choose through ignorance or arrogance to disregard protocol intended for the enhanced experience of all. And at minimum wage I don't really blame them.

I, on the other hand, have no such restriction, a general loathing for entitled douchebags and no reluctance whatsoever to enlighten those obviously in need of it.

I've been known to embarrass those accompanying me, believe it or not.

Gotta love the 'entitled' ones. Had a customer come in my store and among buying parts asked me if the coffee behind me was free. Told him nope. He says why not. So I told him 'I bought it and thats why its behind me, Im not a coffee shop'

Then he says come on I cant get a cup? I said sure, 3$ and Ill make you one. He says Dunkin Donuts is only 2.25 ....... I said good, I paid for this coffee now you can go pay for yours down there.

My boss was speechless, he didnt know where it was gonna escalate to. I took the customers money for the parts and wished him a good day. He asked my boss if sarcasm was a specialty for me, my boss chuckled and said nope its natural for him.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #178

STOP QUOTING PHOTOS, PEOPLE! It drives me nuts when people spam up a thread by quoting a post with 10 photos in it. Use your head. Delete the photo links and only quote the text.

I know...common sense isn't so common.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #179
Quarry Creeper

While I can understand it can be frustrating if the photo gets quoted 10 times in a row, quoting the post with photo shows what you were replying to. I can see both sides of that one. If the photo isn't relevant to your reply, then get rid of it. But if it is...
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #180
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
STOP QUOTING PHOTOS, PEOPLE! It drives me nuts when people spam up a thread by quoting a post with 10 photos in it. Use your head. Delete the photo links and only quote the text.

I know...common sense isn't so common.
I can understand that and I try to do the same, but I do forget at times.

Along with this, I'll add: resize your photos to a "normal" size, please. I shouldn't need a horizontal scroll bar to view a photo.

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM