Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Coronavirus - Covid-19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2020, 08:43 AM   #321

Default Re: Coronavirus - Covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
It amazes me that “Obama” still comes out of people’s mouths right now, considering he has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Whataboutism’s are tired and ineffective. Stay on topic.

If we do want to touch on Trump, keep in mind that a month ago him, his administration, and his mouthpiece news outlet were calling this a hoax, downplaying the severity of the virus, and lying to American people just to prop up the stock market long enough for them to cash out before it crashed, while risking the lives of millions of Americans.

“NPR published a recording of the senior Republican warning constituents on Feb. 27 that the virus behind Covid-19 was dangerous and would bring serious economic disruption. But it wasn’t a public speech—it was delivered to members of a society who pay dues starting at $500 to gain entry, some of whom were donors to his campaign. At the time, US president Donald Trump was still saying the government had the virus under control, and Burr wasn’t publicly contradicting him.”
Obama is mentioned because he's the most recent Democratic President. I don't think anybody is claiming he had anything to do with the response to the coronavirus.

Again, I don't think Trump handled it differently than most Presidents would have. They don't tell us the truth. They don't want to cause a panic. The media does enough of that on their own.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2020, 08:49 AM   #322
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Obama is mentioned because he's the most recent Democratic President.
While this is a fact, it still has nothing to do with this topic, the virus, or our government’s fumbling of the handling of this.

Quote:
They don't tell us the truth. They don't want to cause a panic...
Before they can cash out of the stock market.

They have no problem calling it what it is now, and old Trump “knew” this was a pandemic, he claims, all while the same time he was saying it was a hoax

So which one was a lie? Was the Hoax a lie? If so he is deliberately risking lives of millions of people for what reason?

If him now claiming he knew it was a pandemic all along is the lie then is that just to save face and try to rewrite history to not make him look like a fool?

Either way he’s lying and there is no silver lining to either.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:59 AM   #323

Quote:
While this is a fact, it still has nothing to do with this topic, the virus, or our government’s fumbling of the handling of this.

Before they can cash out of the stock market.

They have no problem calling it what it is now, and old Trump “knew” this was a pandemic, he claims, all while the same time he was saying it was a hoax

So which one was a lie? Was the Hoax a lie? If so he is deliberately risking lives of millions of people for what reason?

If him now claiming he knew it was a pandemic all along is the lie then is that just to save face and try to rewrite history to not make him look like a fool?

Either way he’s lying and there is no silver lining to either.
People and the media bring up Obama every single day in comparison to Trump. This comparison between the two is nothing new so I don't understand why you're questioning it just on this thread.

Maybe Trump and his team knew it was going to be a pandemic. I assume they did. Are they going to jump to tell the public to panic earlier than necessary? Probably not.

Again, all politicians lie. People seem to suddenly have moral standards with Trump. It's very odd.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #324
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
People and the media bring up Obama every single day in comparison to Trump. This comparison between the two is nothing new so I don't understand why you're questioning it just on this thread.
That’s a fair point. I wish they would stop too.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:14 AM   #325
Quarry Creeper

Bullshit, that's a he did it first so it must be ok argument. It is not even relevant.
Quote:
How is my response a "shit head" response?

It's not crazy to assume Trump haters love Obama. It's common.

And your response is a shit head response for many reasons much of which has been explained by Topher in his inquiry and our conclusion that just because it happens doesn't make it alright... You know what happens when you ASSume things....

Last edited by odomandr; 03-23-2020 at 09:17 AM.
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #326

Quote:
That’s a fair point. I wish they would stop too.
I don't think it's ever going to happen. You can't really gauge a President's performance without a gauge and a lot of people think the previous President is the gauge.

I judge a President based on freedoms and the economy. Trump has been doing a pretty good job with that IMO. This pandemic is going to cause a crash, that would have happened under any President, but you know Trump is going to be blamed for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
Bullshit, that's a he did it first so it must be ok argument. It is not even relevant. And your response is a shit head response for many reasons much of which has been explained by Topher in his inquiry and our conclusion that just because it happens doesn't make it alright
All Presidents lie. Get over it. Is it "alright"? Not really, but the reality is they all do it. Adults realize that.

I'm not even sure where you're going with your rants and your name calling. If you can argue your point without name calling it says a lot.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 03-23-2020 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #327
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

The media, and many Democrats, are spreading a completely false story, claiming President Trump called the Chinese coronavirus, Covid-19, a Democratic hoax. He never said it. Trump called the Democrats comments on his handling of it the new hoax. The AP called them out on this lie.

Even Snopes, no friend of President Trump, has this to say. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/

You can't rely on the media sound bites. Look into it and much of what the media passes off as facts are simply their spin. Find the actual statement on video or transcript and make sure it has the whole statement, not a misleading, out of context, excerpt.

Last edited by bbrigg; 03-23-2020 at 09:29 AM.
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:35 AM   #328
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
The media, and many Democrats, are spreading a completely false story, claiming President Trump called the Chinese coronavirus, Covid-19, a Democratic hoax. He never said it. Trump called the Democrats comments on his handling of it the new hoax. The AP called them out on this lie.

Even Snopes, no friend of President Trump, has this to say. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/

You can't rely on the media sound bites. Look into it and much of what the media passes off as facts are simply their spin. Find the actual statement on video or transcript and make sure it has the whole statement, not a misleading, out of context, excerpt.
Donald Trump is a master manipulator. I don’t agree with people that say he’s stupid, because he’s not. He can be an idiot, but that doesn’t mean he’s stupid.

With that in mind, he very carefully presented it this way to avoid being able to be directly tied to calling this a hoax. So when he presented it he did it in a manner of quoting some unnamed third party “one of my people”.

What he did do, was successfully correlate the virus to a democratic created hoax, and that’s all he needed to do for his base to run with it. Look at the first couple pages of this very thread and you’ll see it in action.

The man works like a mafia boss, and is expertly capable of getting this done and communicated without ever having to actually say it. He had Sean Hannity and his base saying it while Trump himself didn’t have to.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:35 AM   #329
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I don't think it's ever going to happen. You can't really gauge a President's performance without a gauge and a lot of people think the previous President is the gauge.

I judge a President based on freedoms and the economy. Trump has been doing a pretty good job with that IMO. This pandemic is going to cause a crash, that would have happened under any President, but you know Trump is going to be blamed for it.

All Presidents lie. Get over it. Is it "alright"? Not really, but the reality is they all do it. Adults realize that.

I'm not even sure where you're going with your rants and your name calling. If you can argue your point without name calling it says a lot.
That's rich... All of it. But this is post five on this page alone for you ... Pot calling the kettle black about ranting are we. Your statements are feeble minded. To have low expectations is to be expected I suppose
Old 03-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #330
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Brian. Hope you can get back to work quick and get any help you need in the meantime. Glad you can see some silver lining. Stay safe friend.
Thanks man!

Ohio just issued the "stay at home" order yesterday, so who know how long I/we/us will be off work. That's ok, at least it keeps me home and away from the bad stuff!

You stay safe too!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #331

Quote:
That's rich... All of it. But this is post five on this page alone for you ... Pot calling the kettle black about ranting are we. Your statements are feeble minded. To have low expectations is to be expected I suppose
Who cares if it's my fifth post on this page? I have no idea how that's valid. I'm not ranting. I having a discussion with others like forums are designed for.

LOL feeble minds think "Trump bad man" without having reasons and being able to articulate those reasons - kinda like you do. Whatever.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:47 AM   #332
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Thanks man!

Ohio just issued the "stay at home" order yesterday, so who know how long I/we/us will be off work. That's ok, at least it keeps me home and away from the bad stuff!

You stay safe too!
I work from home, so it's nothing new for me as far as that goes, but the weekend was my outlet to get outside and out of the house.

It's times like this I wish I didn't live in a cookie-cutter box. It would've been nice to have a decent yard and room to roam like I did growing up in the midwest.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #333
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Who cares if it's my fifth post on this page? I have no idea how that's valid. I'm not ranting. I having a discussion with others like forums are designed for.

LOL feeble minds think "Trump bad man" without having reasons and being able to articulate those reasons - kinda like you do. Whatever.
. Sixth post in your rant
Old 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM   #334
RCC Addict

This isn’t Facebook. Go argue your politics there. Also once you start personal attacks you’ve lost the argument.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM   #335

I'm working from home as well. The manufacturing plant is going to open partially tomorrow. I have no idea they are spinning it to be classified "essential". As long as I can continue to work from home I'm not going to worry about it.

Quote:
. Sixth post in your rant
Oh you're just trolling! Got it now!
Old 03-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #336
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I work from home, so it's nothing new for me as far as that goes, but the weekend was my outlet to get outside and out of the house.

It's times like this I wish I didn't live in a cookie-cutter box. It would've been nice to have a decent yard and room to roam like I did growing up in the midwest.
I feel the same way, being stuck in a two bedroom apartment and always working from home as well. Going to get cabin fever here real quick, now that my kiddo is back with her mom.

Hopefully these projects I have coming keep me occupied. We have a work town hall coming up tomorrow, which I’m sure isn’t going to be good news.

Hoping everyone here is doing as well as they can, all things considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
Also once you start personal attacks you’ve lost the argument.
This.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 03-23-2020 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:55 AM   #337
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'm working from home as well. The manufacturing plant is going to open partially tomorrow. I have no idea they are spinning it to be classified "essential". As long as I can continue to work from home I'm not going to worry about it.

Oh you're just trolling! Got it now!

What does your plant make? I heard from back home the towns Hefty trash bag plant is staying open thru this. Me otherwise, I’m still driving this semi around the country. I guess I can see the country needing trash bags. Wouldn’t it be funny if that’s the new “toilet paper” panic buy item lol.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:00 AM   #338
Quarry Creeper

Our collector ironically emailed stating to limit exposure they will not be collecting loose items not in bags..... Items must be tied tightly in a bag
Old 03-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #339
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post

Living in the "cookie-cutter box" type community would be tough to deal with now with all that is going on. Hopefully you can sneak out to CDM for some fun!

I'm lucky to live in a somewhat rural area, so it does make it nice to be able to get out in the backyard or garage to get some fresh air!

Quote:
I heard from back home the towns Hefty trash bag plant is staying open thru this. Me otherwise, I’m still driving this semi around the country. I guess I can see the country needing trash bags. Wouldn’t it be funny if that’s the new “toilet paper” panic buy item lol.
Yeah, trash bags! I can see that being the next one!

Stay save out on the roads!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #340

Quote:
What does your plant make? I heard from back home the towns Hefty trash bag plant is staying open thru this. Me otherwise, I’m still driving this semi around the country. I guess I can see the country needing trash bags. Wouldn’t it be funny if that’s the new “toilet paper” panic buy item lol.
Sheet metal products and other fabrication. We make very few of our own products. Our main function is contract manufacturing.

We have a customer that makes manufacturing equipment for plastics manufacturing and some of their customer are medical so they are claiming "essential". That's an "out" for my company as being essential because we are supplying other essential customers.

Are any of you guys having trouble getting groceries? We're pretty good and we've been lucky, but I've heard of not so distant people having issues finding good stuff at the grocery stores.