Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Coronavirus - Covid-19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #281
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Coronavirus - Covid-19

Its the malaria drug I heard is working.
But then I just realized... I hope they arent using the same pills I took back in 2008 in Djibouti and again in 2011 southeast Asia.
Stuff was proven to drive people insane.
And yes I'm claiming that at the VA.

Meanwhile we San diegans are trying to stay home at least most of us. Numbers are rising and deaths are starting. Stores are being cleared out by (smart?) hoarders...
Somebody attempted looting a store 1 mile from my house... Threw a decorative rock through the store window. Sheriffs caught him in about 10 min.
Meanwhile I'm counting boxes of winchester 12ga...
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2020, 10:38 AM   #282
I wanna be Dave

I think right now we have a giant group of the population that have turned suddenly from naysayers to dooms-dayers. With this, the negativity and panic are continuing to rise. To keep myself sane, I active look for good/hopeful news about the status the work being done to combat C-19. Here is a little read I found, it does not paint a wine-and-roses picture of the current situation, but it does help to combat the goom-n-doom.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...iously-hopeful

And on a different, but not unrelated note...

What in the hell is up between the words "panic" and "Panicky"? Why does "panicky" have a frggin' "k" in it? Shouldn't "Panicky" be spelled "panicy"? I will admit that "panicy" does not look right, but putting a "k" in there doesn't help it either. Also, if you say "panicky" in your head enough times, it loses all meaningful context.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:39 AM   #283
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post

What in the hell is up between the words "panic" and "Panicky"? Why does "panicky" have a frggin' "k" in it? Shouldn't "Panicky" be spelled "panicy"? I will admit that "panicy" does not look right, but putting a "k" in there doesn't help it either. Also, if you say "panicky" in your head enough times, it loses all meaningful context.
I never thought about that until now! Now I’ll never be able to look or say the word the same way!

Well, I joined millions of other Americans yesterday and received my Mass Lay-off notice! I work in the auto industry and the Big 3 and others have shutdown their plants. As of now, my employer is saying a week, but could be longer. I was bummed at first, but I think it’s for the best as it will let me stay home away from the craziness that is going on in the world now. The plus side to it is it now allows me to spend some much needed quality time with my tiny trucks and get caught up on build threads here on RCC!

Stay safe everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:05 PM   #284
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I never thought about that until now! Now I’ll never be able to look or say the word the same way!

Well, I joined millions of other Americans yesterday and received my Mass Lay-off notice! I work in the auto industry and the Big 3 and others have shutdown their plants. As of now, my employer is saying a week, but could be longer. I was bummed at first, but I think it’s for the best as it will let me stay home away from the craziness that is going on in the world now. The plus side to it is it now allows me to spend some much needed quality time with my tiny trucks and get caught up on build threads here on RCC!

Stay safe everyone!

Sorry to hear that Brian. Hope you can get back to work quick and get any help you need in the meantime. Glad you can see some silver lining. Stay safe friend.

Quote:

Haha that is funny to think about. Got a legit LOL out of this.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:11 PM   #285
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I asked my first grader this since I thought it would be in her wheelhouse. She says that a c at the end of a work can make a k sound, buy cy at the end of a word makes a "see" sound instead of a "key" sound. You have to end the word in ky for the "key" sound.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:28 PM   #286
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga dawg View Post
i asked my first grader this since i thought it would be in her wheelhouse. She says that a c at the end of a work can make a k sound, buy cy at the end of a word makes a "see" sound instead of a "key" sound. You have to end the word in ky for the "key" sound.

"vote ga dawg's lil girl 2020"
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:04 PM   #287
Rock Crawler

Italy had a very bad last 24 hours,,,,,,, 793 deaths
If your country have been slow in getting in gear,,,,,,,,, im sorry but you are probably in for a very rough ride, if so you better remember who dragged their feet next time you go voting.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:41 PM   #288
RCC Addict

I'm in!

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:53 PM   #289
I wanna be Dave

Looks like I'm going to be working from home for at least the next couple weeks and getting overtime while doing so.....if I can get my laptop to talk with the companies WFH....whatever and get what I have for equipment to work here at home................
BJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:47 PM   #290
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
I'm in! *The Hoff finger gunning*

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
I’m with it. But Cali probably has it outlawed.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:14 PM   #291
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Retarded government logic that beer distributors can remain open.
Just a guess here...but I'd wager they are permitted to and are staying operational because they have the capability of canning water. Many breweries and distributors have canned water and delivered it to people in need during natural disasters (Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Tornadoes, etc)
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:39 PM   #292
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
"vote ga dawg's lil girl 2020"
She has my vote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post

Stay safe everyone!

Until yesterday we hadn't had any confirmed cases up here, so they were planning on keeping us contractors working. I am expecting a phone call today or tomorrow telling us not to come to work.

I am luckily, I have a few weeks of leave horded, plus other sources of income.

Some of the guys I work with are not so lucky, hoping it pans out for them. This might sound cold, but there are a couple that I will have no sympathy for, they have CDLs, and say they won't go drive if they are off work for a significant amount of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Looks like I'm going to be working from home for at least the next couple weeks and getting overtime while doing so.....if I can get my laptop to talk with the companies WFH....whatever and get what I have for equipment to work here at home................
Our government counterparts are working from home now, but we scumbag, dirty, untrustworthy contractors cannot take equipment home. I have project going right now that would be perfect for this situation, it is about two weeks of nothing but soldering and wiring. I'd be happy as a calm, working in my garage, drinking a beer, and getting paid...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:02 PM   #293
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
Just a guess here...but I'd wager they are permitted to and are staying operational because they have the capability of canning water. Many breweries and distributors have canned water and delivered it to people in need during natural disasters (Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Tornadoes, etc)
I live in a fairly small town. Our little local distillery started making hand sanitizer for us, since it's gone anywhere around us. Pretty cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:51 PM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshs4x4toyz View Post
I live in a fairly small town. Our little local distillery started making hand sanitizer for us, since it's gone anywhere around us. Pretty cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
That's funny. A couple of local distilleries did the same. I believe this one was the first local joint to do it.

https://www.wfmz.com/health/coronavi...650f7486b.html
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:56 PM   #295
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That's funny. A couple of local distilleries did the same. I believe this one was the first local joint to do it.

https://www.wfmz.com/health/coronavi...650f7486b.html
That is funny, I wonder how many will be switching to manufacturing hand sanitizer permanently.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:24 PM   #296
Quarry Creeper

https://youtu.be/RDWbKSgKy4A
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:53 PM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshs4x4toyz View Post
That is funny, I wonder how many will be switching to manufacturing hand sanitizer permanently.
I wouldn't be surprised if it at least one kept producing hand sanitizer permanently.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:49 PM   #298
Quarry Creeper

HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:04 PM   #299
Quarry Creeper

Yea I have heard of quite a few distilleries doing the same. Has to be at least 60% (120 Proof) to kill the virus from what I could gather.

I think the White House made a similar statement today about other Distilleries across the nation ramping up production to help create hand sanitizer or provide the materials to make it.

Side note:

Breweries and Distilleries are different entities. Breweries make beer, Distilleries make Liquor (whiskey, bourbon, etc)

Either way. Both have stepped up in times of need and its awesome.
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:33 AM   #300
Quarry Creeper

Day before yesterday police shut down our industries. Today was day 1 of curfew. Insider news says that India might see a lockdown untill June 2020, suggested by WHO.

If the virus enters stage 3, India is going to have a very very bad year ahead.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote