Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Jato The Ripper?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2023, 10:15 AM   #121
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Jato The Ripper?

Jesus Jato, you have had a bumpy couple of years. It's great to hear you are still on your feet, thriving and well motivated. Rehabilitating injuries is work but it sounds like you are well up for the task. It would be great to have you around the board again. You'll have to share your Pro build, its always great to hear your take on things.

Again, super to hear from you!
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2023, 11:21 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
DAMN!

Sounds like ya went through an awful lot recently...

Congrats on landing a new person to go through life with, and SURVIVING that accident!

Great to have you back, my man...
Thank you, sir! I was quite lucky to survive and I am so thankful that nobody was with me and nobody else got injured! A crazy life is all I know believe it or not...

Good to see your name again. Glad you're still here. Always a pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Jesus Jato, you have had a bumpy couple of years. It's great to hear you are still on your feet, thriving and well motivated. Rehabilitating injuries is work but it sounds like you are well up for the task. It would be great to have you around the board again. You'll have to share your Pro build, its always great to hear your take on things.

Again, super to hear from you!
Thank you for the kind words, smog! Great to see your name as well. You are another that was always great to deal with and I like your threads.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 11:54 AM   #123
RCC Addict

Hey jato! Great to see u back! I was just thinkin about u the other day. Glad u came out of that accident ok. I got hit head on a couple yrs ago, totaled my kw n unfortunantly, the kid that hit me didnt make it.

Weve missed u around here brother

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 11:58 AM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I also recently got the urge to get back into RC. I miss the building and getting out on the trails with OSRC, my dad and some others. I hope to get my girlfriend's 9-year old son into it as well, but I honestly don't see that happening.
Glad you are back! A little RC therapy helps every time!

I miss running with other people - I've been on solo runs all year!

OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 01:55 PM   #125
Quarry Creeper

welcome back Jato,

My condolences and wish a speedy recovery of all your aches and pains. Although I joined around the time you went MIA and for obvious reasons I read most of your threads and builds which are great and have a lot of good information and character. Its good to see another member who enjoys the hobby come back to it as it helps with keeping your mind busy and entertained. Looking forward to see what you come up with the new build and maybe revise some of the old builds. I hear you in the riding part as a motorcycle enthusiast I understand its hard to get away from the adrenaline that twisting the throttle brings and how it makes you feel, I miss it too. Building these tiny trucks has help with the entertainment part but I definitely miss the adrenaline and freedom that riding gives you. Hope t see you around and start a thread for your new Pro, it is a pleasure to build.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 05:36 PM   #126
Rock Crawler

Glad to see you back! So sorry to hear about your loss and your accident. Glad you found some one new and finally glad to see a renewed interest in RC!
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 05:46 PM   #127
Quarry Creeper

JATO!!!
Glad to see you back! Been a heeluva ride for you recently. Glad you found someone who makes life worth living and, made it through the accident.
Hope to see you around more.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 05:54 PM   #128
Go Buckeyes!

Damn, sorry to hear that last couple years didn't go so well. Glad to hear you found someone new. She sounds like a keeper.

Nice to hear you was able to find a VS4-10 Pro. Looking forward to seeing the new build. You had asked on FB about axles. Seeing the shit storm on your post, I didn't want to give the idiots anymore to talk about so I only posted a pic of my new black F10T axles and said that they did really well. They did do well, but I have found that the new F10 plastic housing that come with the Phoenix and Fordyce are my favorites. They have great clearance and slide great over the rocks. I know that you said you are looking for clear aluminum axles. I really like the F9 axles that come with the Pro. They have great clearance too and are damn near indestructible!

Oh and welcome back!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 08:07 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Default Jato The Ripper?

Bout time!!! Missed your banter but understood, and as I said this place was family and your friends are here, as you can tell. After 42 years the back finally gave out, So surgery, retirement, Covid got me finally. So keep your eyes on the road and hair in the wind, sun at your back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 11:27 PM   #130
RCC Addict

Welcome back Jato! What a crazy couple years you’ve had. If you need anything to get that pro running, let me know. I’ve got some brushless motors/esc’s I’d donate to the cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:31 AM   #131

You guys are too kind! Thank you. It is good to see all these familiar names again! I will have to check out your threads to see what you guys have been up to. I am super excited to receive my Pro kit. Tower Hobbies still hasn't shipped it. The current Tower is way short of the Tower of old that's for sure and I am not saying that just because of this shipping delay. I am not a fan of Horizon buying up so many RC companies although I know they kind of saved Tower from going out of business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Hey jato! Great to see u back! I was just thinkin about u the other day. Glad u came out of that accident ok. I got hit head on a couple yrs ago, totaled my kw n unfortunantly, the kid that hit me didnt make it.

Weve missed u around here brother
Thank you so much! Wow that's an honor that you were thinking of me the other day!!! I really appreciate that. What is a "kw"? Hopefully you made it out of the accident healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Glad you are back! A little RC therapy helps every time!

I miss running with other people - I've been on solo runs all year!

I am sure your photos of builds, trailing, etc. helped me regain the RC itch so thank you! I am looking forward to getting back out on the trail with you hopefully in both 1/10th scale and some Traxxas minis. I am sure I will also be picking your brain a lot, like I did to you quite often in the beginning of my RC crawling journey. I have been out of the hobby for a couple of years and a lot has changed so there is a lot to re-learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy-Triple View Post
welcome back Jato,

My condolences and wish a speedy recovery of all your aches and pains. Although I joined around the time you went MIA and for obvious reasons I read most of your threads and builds which are great and have a lot of good information and character. Its good to see another member who enjoys the hobby come back to it as it helps with keeping your mind busy and entertained. Looking forward to see what you come up with the new build and maybe revise some of the old builds. I hear you in the riding part as a motorcycle enthusiast I understand its hard to get away from the adrenaline that twisting the throttle brings and how it makes you feel, I miss it too. Building these tiny trucks has help with the entertainment part but I definitely miss the adrenaline and freedom that riding gives you. Hope t see you around and start a thread for your new Pro, it is a pleasure to build.
Thank you for the very kind words! I am glad you enjoyed my threads. I did put a lot of effort into them and it is good to know they are still being enjoyed. Hopefully you stick around!

Adrenaline is definitely part of motorcycling, but I got a Harley to purposely slow down. After Sherri died, I was riding recklessly like I was in my 20's again and I probably wouldn't have lasted long because I did not have a care in the world. I did not want to put my family through another loss so I bought a hog to slow down. My Harley is way quicker and faster than I ever expected so I still enjoy the adrenaline thrill every once in a while. For me it has become more about the freedom like you said. Also, I have always said riding motorcycles is a mental therapy. That rang true more than ever when Sherri passed away. Motorcycles helped me move on with life. Without motorcycles, I do not think I would have left the couch. I mean that.

Brandy is the first person that has ever really made me think to ride safer.
That is saying something and I think it means a lot about how I feel about her. The fact that I do not want to hurt her 9-year old son is part of it I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM74 View Post
Glad to see you back! So sorry to hear about your loss and your accident. Glad you found some one new and finally glad to see a renewed interest in RC!
Thank you much! Glad to see you as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post
JATO!!!
Glad to see you back! Been a heeluva ride for you recently. Glad you found someone who makes life worth living and, made it through the accident.
Hope to see you around more.
Thank you! I really appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Damn, sorry to hear that last couple years didn't go so well. Glad to hear you found someone new. She sounds like a keeper.

Nice to hear you was able to find a VS4-10 Pro. Looking forward to seeing the new build. You had asked on FB about axles. Seeing the shit storm on your post, I didn't want to give the idiots anymore to talk about so I only posted a pic of my new black F10T axles and said that they did really well. They did do well, but I have found that the new F10 plastic housing that come with the Phoenix and Fordyce are my favorites. They have great clearance and slide great over the rocks. I know that you said you are looking for clear aluminum axles. I really like the F9 axles that come with the Pro. They have great clearance too and are damn near indestructible!

Oh and welcome back!
Thank you! Brandy is definitely a keeper. She is different in all the right ways. And Brandy is super intelligent while also being super kind so she puts me in my place in the nicest of ways when I need it. And I definitely need it as I am sure you guys know from some of my posts!

That Vanquish group is full of wankers (the best Brit term ). I think I hated on Vanquish for so long for the same reasons I hated on Harleys. The fan boiz think they are superior and also think that only Vanquish/Harley are the "real" products of their hobby of choice. those meat heads. My post may have been a little terse, but it wasn't meant to be offensive. So many snowflakes out there... Thank you for your intelligent response!

I do want to keep the axles metal on my Pro. Vanquisy confirmed via email that the F10T housings offer the most clearance, but unfortunately I do not love the look of those. The F9's aren't bad and seem like they may have the least amount of features that will hangup on rocks. So I guess you could say they are the "smoothest" housings. The D44's look best to me, but my Origin has those and the diff cover and all those screws add snag points. I have always loved RockJocks and the HD44 housings look similar, but I am not sure if I like the red diff cover. I wish it was offered in clear! I may end up using those axles. It looks like those could have some serious snag points though. I don't know...maybe I'll change my mind and get impatient and use the black housings. They look great when new. I just don't know if I will be able to stand all them after they are all scratched up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Bout time!!! Missed your banter but understood, and as I said this place was family and your friends are here, as you can tell. After 42 years the back finally gave out, So surgery, retirement, Covid got me finally. So keep your eyes on the road and hair in the wind, sun at your back.
Hey man! Thank you! I am definitely feeling the friendships with all of these comments! Hopefully you are feeling better! After surgery, were you able to get back to RCing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Welcome back Jato! What a crazy couple years you’ve had. If you need anything to get that pro running, let me know. I’ve got some brushless motors/esc’s I’d donate to the cause
Thank you so much for the offer! That is way too kind of you. I will respectfully pass because I am pretty fortunate. If you feel like donating, find a local kid and get them hooked on the hobby! Honestly, that was such a nice and generous offer. Thank you again!
Old 11-29-2023, 11:50 AM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Hopefully everything is good from now on, take care of yourself and family
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:22 PM   #133
RCC Addict

Kw is short for kenworth, jato. I was a bit shook up, n couldnt sleep without a nightmare of it, but i came out ok otherwise. Heres pics of it.

Kid was all doped up, came across the line into my lane. I stood on the brakes n kept it in my lane, thats all i could do. I seen him yank the wheel at the last second, but it was to late

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 02:05 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Kw is short for kenworth, jato. I was a bit shook up, n couldnt sleep without a nightmare of it, but i came out ok otherwise. Heres pics of it.

Kid was all doped up, came across the line into my lane. I stood on the brakes n kept it in my lane, thats all i could do. I seen him yank the wheel at the last second, but it was to late
Ah I should have known. My dad is a retired trucker and some of my uncles have done it or are still driving.

That sucks, but you can't blame yourself. I am sure it is tough to let go though.

My favorite but late uncle (RIP ) encountered a burning car alongside the road while in his rig. He pulled over and tried to help, but the flames had already gotten too intense so he couldn't get close to help. All he could do was watch... That haunted him for a long time - many sleepless nights.

My other uncle was driving his rig down a two lane road and an old lady hit a telephone pole and careened into his lane. He couldn't avoid her and she hit him head on. The old lady was dead and it haunted my uncle for a while. The police told him she was most likely dead before hitting the telephone pole and that is why she veered into it, but that didn't offer him any solace.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:56 PM   #135
I wanna be Dave

Good to see you back Jato!
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 11:26 PM   #136
I wanna be Dave

Sheesh! I decided to check RCCrawler on a whim and see Jato back! I haven't been around much lately either. I do miss the community here though.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:43 AM   #137
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Sheesh! I decided to check RCCrawler on a whim and see Jato back! I haven't been around much lately either. I do miss the community here though.
Wow! Two dudes from the past in the same week!

Sure miss seeing your post too Mr. Soze.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 11:11 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Good to see you back Jato!
Hey good to see you too! Thank you!

Quote:
Great to see you soze! Hopefully you stick around a bit. Are you still building RCs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Wow! Two dudes from the past in the same week!

Sure miss seeing your post too Mr. Soze.
I tend to cause chaos!
Old 11-30-2023, 12:12 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Hey good to see you too! Thank you!

Great to see you soze! Hopefully you stick around a bit. Are you still building RCs?

I tend to cause chaos!
I am not building as often as I used to. To be honest, I've been a little burnt out this year, and my son's baseball season was really long this year. Time has just been more scarce overall.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 05:08 PM   #140

So Tower changed my order to backorder. Backorder of a discontinued kit... Horizon still shows having the kits in stock. Funny since they are the same company. Horizon admitted the kits are actually backordered and they are "having an issue with their website pulling correct stock levels from vendors". Seems shady. But Horizon pretty much screws up everything these days. I had a Promoto-MX pre-ordered, but after 2 months of waiting and seeing videos showing it drives just like every other RC motorcycle, I cancelled the pre-order.

So now I spend a bit more for a black Pro on eBay or go with something else. Too bad the Fordcye isn't offered as a kit.

Quote:
I am not building as often as I used to. To be honest, I've been a little burnt out this year, and my son's baseball season was really long this year. Time has just been more scarce overall.
I hear that about not having time now that I am dating a girl with a 9-year old son and here house, where I spend most of my time, is 45 minutes away from my house.

Jato The Ripper? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ripper camo Tamiya Clod Buster 13 01-08-2005 10:51 AM