Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: * Official Rules for 2009 Scale Nationals *

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #161
Pebble Pounder

I guess the way I look at it is...If I want to go play in somebody else's sandbox....I'll play by their rules. If I don't like the rules, or changes that have been made to them then I'll stay home and play in my own sandbox.

I have a question about the bumpers part of the body rules. My styrene body has bumpers molded in...am I supposed to cut them off and add/build a separate Pro-line type bumper...or are molded bumpers okay.

With the serious lack of cash in todays economy I'm gonna be running a budget built scx10 in pretty much stock form except for the addition of a hardbody. I have read the rules pretty closely and I know that there are bonus points to be had that the scx won't qualify for...but other than the bonus points its legal right??

All this fighting over the rules/changes to the rules has got me paranoid now as I don't have the money/time to change a bunch of crap....thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #162
I wanna be Dave

Were all forgetting something very important here...

Even with MOAs, Jason has to be able to drive the sucker to win
Old 04-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

I don't get it... I wouldn't even start to build a rig for scale nats until I knew I'd be allowed to enter. Tickets didn't even go on sale until 03-16-2009, 10:59 AM. So, why would anyone build a rig ONLY for this one event before the tickets went up for sale? You might not even be allowed to run, even if you are owner of RCC. Now, if you compete in local scale events and plan to run that same rig in Montana, then chances are that your rig will fit and only needing some fresh improvements to make it look better or perform better.

I honestly don't care.... you guys play tug-a-war on your weiners all you want.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #164
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
Jason placed 4th last year, so if I were you girls competing against him this year I would be afraid.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #165
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
I don't get it... I wouldn't even start to build a rig for scale nats until I knew I'd be allowed to enter. Tickets didn't even go on sale until 03-16-2009, 10:59 AM. So, why would anyone build a rig ONLY for this one event before the tickets went up for sale? You might not even be allowed to run, even if you are owner of RCC. Now, if you compete in local scale events and plan to run that same rig in Montana, then chances are that your rig will fit and only needing some fresh improvements to make it look better or perform better.

One of the reasons why I was interested in when the changes were made...

I bet $100 Ben puts a clause in next year that rules are subject to change up to the point of registration....

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Jason placed 4th last year, so if I were you girls competing against him this year I would be afraid.
I know I don't stand a chance, thats why I really don't care either way, I really am planning on going just for the fun of it... (although winning would make it more fun)

Last edited by XSRCdesign; 04-08-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #166
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
If in question, ask the commity. You said you knew it would cause a stir?

Again, you said, "I knew everyone would complain about my rig,". Isn't that concern?
Right I knew people would be upset about it, but it was 100% within the rules as they were written. If you had an idea for something you thought work work really good, and would give you a chance at placing very well in the competition would you go posting about it way out ahead of the event so everyone else could now use your idea?

The point I am trying to make is my rig was going to be built 100% to the rules as they were published, I had no reason to question anyone about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
I guess the way I look at it is...If I want to go play in somebody else's sandbox....I'll play by their rules. If I don't like the rules, or changes that have been made to them then I'll stay home and play in my own sandbox.
That is about where we stand at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
I have a question about the bumpers part of the body rules. My styrene body has bumpers molded in...am I supposed to cut them off and add/build a separate Pro-line type bumper...or are molded bumpers okay.
The rules say you have to have bumpers, they don't say what your bumpers have to be made from, I would say you are ok, but I would check the rules daily for changes.

Quote:
Were all forgetting something very important here...

Right, my driving sucks which is why I feel the need to use every advantage within the rules that I can to even be able to hold a candle to some of the top drivers.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #167

Quote:
I know I don't stand a chance, thats why I really don't care either way, I really am planning on going just for the fun of it... (although winning would make it more fun)
I also know you don't stand a chance.

I'm so scured of Jason's driving skills that I'm not even running in the same class as him.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #168
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I also know you don't stand a chance.

I'm so scured of Jason's driving skills that I'm not even running in the same class as him.
Dayum straight...

I just want another Steak, and more of those English muffins
Old 04-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #169

Quote:
Dayum straight...

I just want another Steak, and more of those English muffins
Hells yea! Not much better then eating a kick ass steak dinner while staring at a homo's girlfriends hot ass boobies all night!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #170
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
I don't get it... I wouldn't even start to build a rig for scale nats until I knew I'd be allowed to enter. Tickets didn't even go on sale until 03-16-2009, 10:59 AM. So, why would anyone build a rig ONLY for this one event before the tickets went up for sale? You might not even be allowed to run, even if you are owner of RCC.
Because I did know that I was allowed to enter.

Quote:
Now, if you compete in local scale events and plan to run that same rig in Montana, then chances are that your rig will fit and only needing some fresh improvements to make it look better or perform better.
The rig I planned on building wouldn't be legal at the local comps, our local scale comp organizers outlawed them long ago.

The rig I planned on building was being built just for this 1 competition, and just for 1 purpose, to win.

Quote:
If there is wiener tugging going on someone left me out, when do I get a pull?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hells yea! Not much better then eating a kick ass steak dinner while staring at a homo's girlfriends hot ass boobies all night!
Check please!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #172
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
The rig I planned on building was being built just for this 1 competition, and just for 1 purpose, to win.
And therein lies the problem......spending $800+ on a rig, just to compete in one event, in hopes of winning what, a few prizes and a $5.00 trophy? Sounds like a blast.......
Some people are into this stuff for all the wrong reasons....reminds me of car shows, with the guys who spend 10's of thousands of dollars on their car and get pissed they didn't win a $5.00 trophy.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #173
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodJosh View Post
And therein lies the problem......spending $800+ on a rig, just to compete in one event, in hopes of winning what, a few prizes and a $5.00 trophy? Sounds like a blast.......
Some people are into this stuff for all the wrong reasons....reminds me of car shows, with the guys who spend 10's of thousands of dollars on their car and get pissed they didn't win a $5.00 trophy.
It is a competition, the whole point of being there is to win. My parents taught me to do my best, why would I do anything else? To do anything else is a waste of time and a slap in the face of the other competitors.

You make it sound like $800 is a lot to spend on a scale rig, I hate to tell you but there are rigs there with 3 times that much into them.

Sorry for thinking out of the box, I should have just went and bought an RTR and gave her hell.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #174
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You make it sound like $800 is a lot to spend on a scale rig, I hate to tell you but there are rigs there with 3 times that much into them.
It is.....

Ya placed 4th last year eh? Why not take the same rig? You may place better....or worse. DRIVE your best. Like yer parents taught ya....
An MOA rig isn't a "shoe in" to win anyway.....it's still a driver's game...
Just go and have fun.....jeez.....
Old 04-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #175
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Ya placed 4th last year eh? Why not take the same rig?
4th or 5th I can't remember. That rig was also built just for lastyears event, and had way more than $800 into it. I also have not even driven that rig at all since the scale event in Montana lastyear.

I try to always push and better the sport, how would running a rig that was a year old do that? And if that rig finished 4th or 5th lastyear I know I have to step up my game because those guys that beat me lastyear have stepped theirs up you can count on it.

Quote:
You may place better....or worse. DRIVE your best. Like yer parents taught ya....
Driving my best is not the only part of the equation, driving my best and having the best equipment that I can have is.

Quote:
I agree 100% MOA isn't the end att be all.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #176
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If there is wiener tugging going on someone left me out, when do I get a pull?

Right now!

Pull mine.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #177
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It is.....

Ya placed 4th last year eh? Why not take the same rig? You may place better....or worse. DRIVE your best. Like yer parents taught ya....
Are you actually trying to prove a point or stir the pot?

Weather Jason really is really upset about the rules being changed or not, I can tell you for sure this has already made next years rules, and event better.

this ish happens every year, and every year people learn from the last.

At the same time Jason is just backing up his thought process, the discussion is around the rule changes, and up until Jason mentioned the MOA change, the only ones I noticed were "clarifications"

Any other discussion is for provoking sake, and belongs in another thread IMO.

Cause I promise, if there was anyone on the site that could score himself enough parts to make a rig last minute, I'm sure Jason is the one to do it. His point is that will not be the rig he planned to build.

Last edited by XSRCdesign; 04-08-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #178
Quarry Creeper

Prove a point.....it doesn't take alot of $$$, just TALENT. Some people try to make up for talent with $$$.....
Not saying he's not talented, but he comes off as someone with more $$$ than sense.
I see his point on the rule change....but the rules have changed and there's no use BITCHING about it till the cows come home......
I had planned on going, unfortunately "other" things have come up and I don't think I'm gonna make it. It's also guys like Jason that turn me (and others) off to these events....way too serious...sure it's a "competition", but get a grip, not every "comp" has to be taken like it's "gotta be won" at all costs....leave that MENTALITY for the "hardcore" comps, not scale.

I SOOOOO was ready for the concourse too.....for way under $800..........

Last edited by HotRodJosh; 04-08-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #179
I wanna be Dave

The only thing he said about money is was that he spent some on parts he was planning on using, but now can not?

Why are you proving a point that is irrelevant?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #180
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Right now!

Pull mine.
Again?

Quote:
Weather Jason really is really upset about the rules being changed or not, I can tell you for sure this has already made next years rules, and event better.
Shhh...you're going to blow my cover.

Quote:
Prove a point.....it doesn't take alot of $$$, just TALENT. Some people try to make up for talent with $$$.....
Not saying he's not talented, but he comes off as someone with more $$$ than sense.
You really have no idea what you are talking about do you?

Quote:
I see his point on the rule change....but the rules have changed and there's no use BITCHING about it till the cows come home......
Really there is no point at all in rasing hell? Excesivefire gets it.

Quote:
It's also guys like Jason that turn me (and others) off to these events....way too serious...sure it's a "competition", but get a grip, not every "comp" has to be taken like it's "gotta be won" at all costs....leave that MENTALITY for the "hardcore" comps, not scale.
So you think everyone should just go up there and half ass everything? It's a competition, you are there to compete, you owe it to yourself, the other competitors, and the course builders to do the best you can.

Anyone that knows me knows that I could give 2 shits about winning, these are toy trucks for gods sake. Does that mean I am not going to give 110% and not show up with the best equipment I can, no.
Closed Thread