Notices

Thread: * Official Rules for 2009 Scale Nationals *

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #121
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
Probably a rule that should have been there from the start, but at the same time as I previously stated, I'm not building to bend the rules...
I was not "bending the rules" the rules allowed MOA axles so I planned my build around using them, then the rules were changed. Just like you said, you build your rigs how you see fit. That's all I was trying to do, build the rig how I saw fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post
So now I have to run a rear bumper?????

Will someone make up their mind already?
I am not the rule maker here, but the rule does say you need bumpers not a bumper. Just add another one to the front, or hell stick one on the roof. It wouldn't have been that hard to write the rule to say, "all rigs must have 2 bumpers, 1 front and 1 rear" or they could have said "all rigs must have 1 bumper, your choice front or rear"
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I was not "bending the rules" the rules allowed MOA axles so I planned my build around using them, then the rules were changed. Just like you said, you build your rigs how you see fit. That's all I was trying to do, build the rig how I saw fit.
Wasn't making a direct accusation.

Just internet banter really
Old 04-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

I guess I've always thought it was an unwritten rule that a scale truck had to have drivelines.....I suppose EVERYTHING has to be in writing. I for one have never seen a MOA 1:1, but I'm sure they exist, otherwise Jason wouldn't have had it in his mind to build one. Gonna be a big rulebook next year.......
Old 04-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #124
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Show me a 1:1 trail rig with MOA axles that you modeled your truck after and I'll allow it, otherwise your MOA rig would fail due to the
- This class is for the typical street legal rigs, that you run off road. aka a daily driver / weekend wheeler, something you would drive to and from the trail.
or
- This class is for the typical trail rigs, that you have modified quite a bit for off road. You would most likely " TRAILER " these to the trailhead.

if your truck should resemble a 1:1 is the basis of the rules in both classes and I for one have never seen a 1:1 truck with an engine on the axles. If you can show me one it will fly this year
Old 04-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #125
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
I guess I've always thought it was an unwritten rule that a scale truck had to have drivelines.....I suppose EVERYTHING has to be in writing.
You can't have unwritten rules for a competition, it just doesn't fly. There is no rule saying weather or not Rock Force axles are allowed, should I just assume that since no 1:1 rigs use wormgears that they are banned from the competition as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
Show me a 1:1 trail rig with MOA axles that you modeled your truck after and I'll allow it, otherwise your MOA rig would fail due to the
- This class is for the typical street legal rigs, that you run off road. aka a daily driver / weekend wheeler, something you would drive to and from the trail.
or
- This class is for the typical trail rigs, that you have modified quite a bit for off road. You would most likely " TRAILER " these to the trailhead.

if your truck should resemble a 1:1 is the basis of the rules in both classes and I for one have never seen a 1:1 truck with an engine on the axles. If you can show me one it will fly this year
Here you go, this rig has four motors, one on each wheel. So am I good to go now?

Old 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #126
I wanna be Dave

Curiosity has me wanting to see this MOA build and get it to all fit with a scaler...

I'm struggling to see how you would get frame rails over them..
Old 04-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #127
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
I for one have never seen a MOA 1:1, but I'm sure they exist, otherwise Jason wouldn't have had it in his mind to build one.
I for one have never seen a 1:1 trail rig running an electric motor, but I'll bet you $100 that every rig at the comp will be using one of those.

Quote:
Curiosity has me wanting to see this MOA build and get it to all fit with a scaler...

I'm struggling to see how you would get frame rails over them..
I have purchased Berg axles, K2-5 chassis, 5000mah 3s lipo, 35 turn motors, ProLine Chevy Silverado body, HB tires, Quick Sand 8274 winch, and a mamba max.

Plan was for full bumpers, drop bed, full interior, driver, frame mounted servo, ect. Unless you picked my rig up to look at it or you layed down on the ground to look under it it would look just like a 1:1 trail rig.

I wasn't trying to cheat the rules, I was just using them to my advantage as they were originally published.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You can't have unwritten rules for a competition, it just doesn't fly.
It's called common sense, 99.999998% of 4X4's have drivelines.

Quote:
Here you go, this rig has four motors, one on each wheel. So am I good to go now?

Tell you what, if you build that exact truck with a motor on each wheel, I'll vote to let you compete with it. Some narrowed up Mashers would be perfect for it.

I'll trade you a set of Axial axles and Axial tranny for your Berg axles. Looks like you have everything else to build a scaler....
Old 04-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Got my interest...

I have trouble fitting all that crap using axials, let alone bergs.

I'm rooting for ya hljust because I want to see how it turns out
Old 04-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #130
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I for one have never seen a 1:1 trail rig running an electric motor, but I'll bet you $100 that every rig at the comp will be using one of those.
Now you're just being difficult....
Old 04-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #131
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:

I have purchased Berg axles, K2-5 chassis, 5000mah 3s lipo, 35 turn motors, ProLine Chevy Silverado body, HB tires, Quick Sand 8274 winch, and a mamba max.

Plan was for full bumpers, drop bed, full interior, driver, frame mounted servo, ect. Unless you picked my rig up to look at it or you layed down on the ground to look under it it would look just like a 1:1 trail rig.

I wasn't trying to cheat the rules, I was just using them to my advantage as they were originally published.
Are you making your berg axles into independent suspension? I must admit thats a cool looking rig although its a comp buggy by definition albeit a crappy one from the looks of it
Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #132
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
It's called common sense, 99.999998% of 4X4's have drivelines.
If it's common sense 99.999999998% of 4x4's also run gas motors i think you should require everyone to run them as well, electric isn't very scale.

Quote:
Tell you what, if you build that exact truck with a motor on each wheel, I'll vote to let you compete with it. Some narrowed up Mashers would be perfect for it.
So is everyone required to build an exact replica of a 1:1 truck?

Quote:
I'll trade you a set of Axial axles and Axial tranny for your Berg axles. Looks like you have everything else to build a scaler....
No thank you, I've got plenty of Axials I could have used. Hell I've got other scalers ready to go right now, that isn't the point. The point is I started building my rig well within the set of rules that were laid out for the competitors then midstream the rules changed.

Remember we all waited for the rules to be published before we started building. Ben put a committee together to make sure they had the rules written the way the event organizers wanted them. Then after they were released we all started building, then 9 times they were edited. That is where my problem lays.

Quote:
So because I disagree with you and prove a point I am being difficult?

Quote:
Are you making your berg axles into independent suspension? I must admit thats a cool looking rig although its a comp buggy by definition albeit a crappy one from the looks of it
No I have no intention to make it independant suspension, you asked me to show you a 1:1 trail rig that has MOA. That rig has a motor on each axle.

Actually no it's not a comp buggy, the person that built it did so with only trail riding in mind.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #133
Donkey Punch Champion!

...Yeah sure that's all fine and dan dee Jason. But the real question is..."Where's Wheelchair?" See you all there.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #134
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Quote:
So because I disagree with you and prove a point I am being difficult?
You really want an answer, You are being difficult because people do the same to you over the usrrca rules, its your prerogative and by the letter of the law you are correct, but on a personal side note this isn't a a competition in which you really drive to see who's the best, or what truck is the best, its to have fun, and win some cool prizes, so by fudging the rules to win, in essence your either saying your only in it for the prizes or your doing it to be a pain and exploit the loop holes. Either way it won't stop the rest of us from having fun, and I guess the up side is your painful exploitation of the rules helps improve them for next year, so thanks I think.....
Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #135
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Man I'm glad I stayed out of this one, I certainly wouldn't want anyone to think I was an asshole by posting up all the "wording" changes.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 PM   #136
I wanna be Dave

Just wondering, has anything changed after registration opened?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #137
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Man I'm glad I stayed out of this one, I certainly wouldn't want anyone to think I was an asshole by posting up all the "wording" changes.
who doesn't think your an asshole?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #138
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Just wondering, has anything changed after registration opened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
I believe the 9 edits were all minor things or re-wording to properly state the rule that was changed.

The tuber rule was one that we did some real work on , but other than that I do not feel there were any major changes.

They were only edited when that group felt that the wording was incorrect.

Quote:
who doesn't think your an asshole?
All the girlfriends who held my sweet and salty nuts at last years event.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #139
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
All the girlfriends who held my sweet and salty nuts at last years event.
so bigballers girl like you, thats 1 lol
Old 04-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #140
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You really want an answer, You are being difficult because people do the same to you over the usrrca rules, its your prerogative and by the letter of the law you are correct, but on a personal side note this isn't a a competition in which you really drive to see who's the best, or what truck is the best, its to have fun, and win some cool prizes, so by fudging the rules to win, in essence your either saying your only in it for the prizes or your doing it to be a pain and exploit the loop holes. Either way it won't stop the rest of us from having fun, and I guess the up side is your painful exploitation of the rules helps improve them for next year, so thanks I think.....
man that has got to be the biggest crock of BS I have ever heard... did barney tell you that?? come on competition that is just about fun yeah right..

if it was just about fun why the hell do you need rules, why are you judging what makes a scale truck if it is about fun??? why is it a scale nationals if it is just for fun?? why the hell does MOA matter if it is just for fun?? loop hole who cares it is just for fun..

to allot of people winning is fun
Closed Thread