Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #541
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcabner View Post
Huge thanks to Harley for posting up the guides for programming the 4PK.

The 4PK is an amazing radio that is definitely worth the price difference between it and something like a DX3R. As far as overall features, they're not even close, the 4PK is so much more capable and built MUCH better, not to mention more reliable.
No problem and glad you like it!
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #542
THE Y-TOWN OG

sorry to bug u on this but is there anyway that i can start over from square 1 my car is doing some crazy stuff right now
dboy1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #543
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy1k View Post
sorry to bug u on this but is there anyway that i can start over from square 1 my car is doing some crazy stuff right now
Just go to the model reset (M-RES) option.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #544
THE Y-TOWN OG

got it working but now when i push the ps1 it goes in to a crab walk.
is there any way to reverse the rear servo so when i push the ps1 it turns correctly
Old 11-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #545
THE Y-TOWN OG

i think i got it
insted of having it on th i have it on steering
YOU ARE THE MAN
Old 11-17-2009, 06:56 AM   #546
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy1k View Post
i think i got it
insted of having it on th i have it on steering
YOU ARE THE MAN
Glad it worked out, hope the instructions were clear enough.

Let me know if you ever need anything else on the radio
Old 11-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #547
Pebble Pounder

I just got the 4pk and wow. I'm coming from a modded tq3 and this thing is crazy. I hope I can figure it all out. I can see that just 1 battery is not going to do it, so what is the best and longest lasting battery to go with--link please. And is it ok to work it with the charger plugged up to it? Anymore word on the skins for it and how has them?

Thanks
792.5cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #548
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 792.5cj5 View Post
I just got the 4pk and wow. I'm coming from a modded tq3 and this thing is crazy. I hope I can figure it all out. I can see that just 1 battery is not going to do it, so what is the best and longest lasting battery to go with--link please. And is it ok to work it with the charger plugged up to it? Anymore word on the skins for it and how has them?

Thanks
Chris, if you have to charge it through the radio I think you need to stick with the stock one....it takes forever to charge that way.

I use the Trinity 2100mah LiFe pack (TRI20231) and charge it with my 0606i charger. That is the pack I would recommend. They do not make the old 2100mah LiPo pack anymore.......

Matt at Anderson can get the pack for you at a good price if you want to get it local. That is where I got mine from.
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #549
Quarry Creeper

I heard you can cycle the stock battery a few times and it'll help a little. For those that have, what discharge and charge rate are you guys cycling yours?
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #550
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSMacgyver View Post
Chris, if you have to charge it through the radio I think you need to stick with the stock one....it takes forever to charge that way.

I use the Trinity 2100mah LiFe pack (TRI20231) and charge it with my 0606i charger. That is the pack I would recommend. They do not make the old 2100mah LiPo pack anymore.......

Matt at Anderson can get the pack for you at a good price if you want to get it local. That is where I got mine from.
The trinity life pack--does it have a balance port and what type? Does it last longer? I don't have a quality charger yet-just a 12v e-sky blance charger. I really just want a back-up pack. It is possible to get a regular battery box for it to take like AA's right. Has anyone used this? How fast does it go through them?

Thanks
792.5cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:26 AM   #551
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 792.5cj5 View Post
The trinity life pack--does it have a balance port and what type? Does it last longer? I don't have a quality charger yet-just a 12v e-sky blance charger. I really just want a back-up pack. It is possible to get a regular battery box for it to take like AA's right. Has anyone used this? How fast does it go through them?

Thanks
It is an Align style balance plug. Mine lasts a lot longer.

Give me a shout. I will work you a deal on the stock pack I have so i can get another 2100 if you want......
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #552
R.I.P. Chip

For anyone that is on the fence with this radio, let me tell you this thing is the real deal.

I have it setup on my berg 2.2 rig and the control that it allows me to have is just awesome, I love being able to just dial the motors exactly where I want them.

I've also set this radio up with my Shortcourse HPI Blitz, and have been playing with the ABS setup. At last nights race with the ABS setup dialed in I was able to pick up 2 more full laps per heat over my old setup.

I also got an email this morning from Corey at RPP Hobby letting me know they have the 4pk's in stock and ready to ship for a crazy low price! I think with his low price we're going to see a lot more of these radios showing up at comps.

http://www.rpphobby.com/ProductDetai...tCode=FUTK4900
You have to add it to your cart to see the price.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #553
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I also got an email this morning from Corey at RPP Hobby letting me know they have the 4pk's in stock and ready to ship for a crazy low price! I think with his low price we're going to see a lot more of these radios showing up at comps.

http://www.rpphobby.com/ProductDetai...tCode=FUTK4900
You have to add it to your cart to see the price.
Thanks for posting the link Jason, I would much rather refer someone to a vendor that supports us
Old 11-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #554
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
For anyone that is on the fence with this radio, let me tell you this thing is the real deal.

I have it setup on my berg 2.2 rig and the control that it allows me to have is just awesome, I love being able to just dial the motors exactly where I want them.

I've also set this radio up with my Shortcourse HPI Blitz, and have been playing with the ABS setup. At last nights race with the ABS setup dialed in I was able to pick up 2 more full laps per heat over my old setup.
The racing functions are amazing on this radio.

I use the brake travel adjustment on the course with my slash to make adjustments for changing track conditions. The throttle accel function is great for blasting out of corners too.

I adjust the amount of mixing on the fly for my 51" gas powered boat to counteract propwalk. It keeps it going straight at idle or at 47mph.

This radio really does make me look like a better driver than I am.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #555
Rock Stacker

Okay, getting close on mine. Here are the specs and issues:

4PK set up to Harleys Ultimate MOA settings
dual FX-R
CC-BEC
HS-7950TH

About every third time I pull the throttle in forward, it does nothing, I pull it again, works perfect.

When I roll the dial for more front wheel speed, I get more rear wheel speed. On this same wheel, I would like it to stop at 0 rather than go into negative numbers, when it goes negative very strange things happen!

Do the wheels have to be locked in dig, or is there a freewheel I have not figured out yet.

I am reading the forum and the books looking for my answers, but I figured someone online may can point me in the right direction.
John Galbreath Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #556
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galbreath Jr. View Post
Okay, getting close on mine. Here are the specs and issues:

4PK set up to Harleys Ultimate MOA settings
dual FX-R
CC-BEC
HS-7950TH

About every third time I pull the throttle in forward, it does nothing, I pull it again, works perfect.

When I roll the dial for more front wheel speed, I get more rear wheel speed. On this same wheel, I would like it to stop at 0 rather than go into negative numbers, when it goes negative very strange things happen!
The dial adjusts the rear wheel speed, not the fronts.
There is no way I know of to stop the dial at 0, you should never really need to go below 50, probably even 70

Do the wheels have to be locked in dig, or is there a freewheel I have not figured out yet.
My wheels are always locked in dig. But, if you want freewheel with front dig, you can use the dial to get rid of most of the rear drive, similar to a freewheel, though not exactly a freewheel.

I am reading the forum and the books looking for my answers, but I figured someone online may can point me in the right direction.
Hope that helps some.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #557
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galbreath Jr. View Post

Is your display showing the bar graphs moving when you pull the trigger but nothing happens? Battery voltage in the car is good?

The setup is done to adjust rear motor speed not front motor. Like wrights said, there is really never any benefit to go below 50 or 60 percent.

Varing the amount of rear wheel power is what you do to simulate a freewheel. Reduce the power so that it isn't overpowering and trying to turn you over. The slight power is even better than shafty freewheel
Old 11-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #558
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Is your display showing the bar graphs moving when you pull the trigger but nothing happens? Battery voltage in the car is good?

The setup is done to adjust rear motor speed not front motor. Like wrights said, there is really never any benefit to go below 50 or 60 percent.

Varing the amount of rear wheel power is what you do to simulate a freewheel. Reduce the power so that it isn't overpowering and trying to turn you over. The slight power is even better than shafty freewheel
Yes, the bar graphs move when it does not, all three lines show.

My dial is adjusting the FRONT wheel speed, not the rear. But, my buttons are controlling the correct axles.

FYI and maybe it will help. When I first hooked everything up the front axle turned backwards and the rear turned forward. So, I reversed the front motor leads by re-sordering them.

I read on the FX-R, that there is a set up:

LED:5 Brake/reverse type, where is talks about locking out reverse for one second. Is it possible I have something wrong whre my forward is reverse, even though my trigger is operating properly.

Edit: I have verified it is running in reverse. I cured my stall in forward by removing the one second delay for reverse. Now, I jsut have tofigure out how to fix it.

This thing is a blast, just finished running a battery pack threw it. Charging and reading now.

Last edited by John Galbreath Jr.; 11-21-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #559
20K Club

So you have the dials doing the front and the DT button doing the rear? Although you can do this I don't suggest it. It just makes getting the front and rear axles to an even point twice the work. Not quite sure what advantage you are trying to achieve unless it is to get more overdrive out of the rear motors.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #560
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
So you have the dials doing the front and the DT button doing the rear? Although you can do this I don't suggest it. It just makes getting the front and rear axles to an even point twice the work. Not quite sure what advantage you are trying to achieve unless it is to get more overdrive out of the rear motors.
I have the Push switch 1 (PS1) turning on/off the rear. The Push switch 2 (PS2) in the handle turning on/off the front. Just like in your instructions.

I am not trying to do anything different than your instructions. I have the dials DL1 and DL2 and the DT3 (You did DT1, but I left that one for steering trim) all doing the same thing.

These are the settings:

DL1: PM2-B: 10 / NOR
DL2: PM2-B: 10 / NOR
DT3: PM2-B: 10 / NOR

However. My settings are controlling the wrong axle. I think I have the motors running on the reverse side as changing the reverse delay in the FX-R fixed my front stalling problem.

Is there a way to change is so reverse is forward, and forward is reverse? Then I can re-sorder both motors and see where I am then.

I am new at this, so sorry if I am not making sense, I got the 1:1 stuff down!!

Also, just lost a small part off the Newage axle. It is the brass bushing out of the knuckle, guess I'll head to the hobby shop. Hopefully that is a common part. Otherwise, guess I am down. No, I did not have it lock-tighted. Guess I need to go back and do that to all the bolts!!!!!!

Thanks again for your assistance.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM