Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #661
I wanna be Dave

any chance this is going to be compatible?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXWHX6&P=3
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 11:12 PM   #662
I wanna be Dave

Nope:-( Air only. Good reason to go the sticks.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #663
Rock Crawler

Harley you truly rock. Just received my 4pk and looked through the manual talk about confusing. Your guide is so easy to understand.
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:55 AM   #664
Pebble Pounder

Just got my 4pk, this thread made it easy to setup and understand the radio better, now i understand how easy it is to use the 4pk
I set my radio up in less than a minute
A+

Thanks

Last edited by ASRCRAWLERS; 02-12-2010 at 05:58 AM.
ASRCRAWLERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #665
neo
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
The radio works great with a 3 speed setup.

I will do step-by-step instructions for this application soon, I just hadn't thought to post them.

As for the MFU, I do not believe you will be able to run the MFU to it's full potential. The MFU is designed with very OLD technology in mind. It makes you use radios with analog trim functions and such. I know the Tamiya Fans have really been pushing for them to update this, all you can do is join them in trying to persuade Tamiya.

Has a 3 speed setup for the 3PK been done yet?
neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #666
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo View Post
Has a 3 speed setup for the 3PK been done yet?
Replied to your PM

A 3 speed setup is basically the same as any 3 position need, such as dig. You can simply use the dig programming detailed in post 6 of this thread.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #667
Quarry Creeper

This has been the only way I could figure out the controller also, thanks a ton Harley. I do have a question that has me stumped. I set the truck us with your steps for 4ws and dig but now when I hit reverse hard my dig comes on? You can see how this is a problem. I basically roll on every hard climb I do if my front wheels lift. Any idea why this might be happening? I do have a y harness in the truck for my BEC and rear steer servo.
MikeyBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #668
neo
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Replied to your PM

A 3 speed setup is basically the same as any 3 position need, such as dig. You can simply use the dig programming detailed in post 6 of this thread.
Many thanks, your a star
neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #669
Rock Crawler

My 4channel receiver bound easily now I can't get my 3 channel one to bind at all. I have a R603FS https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=FUTL7630. Now from what I understand this is from a 3PK module set but everything I have seen on the Futaba site says it should work. You turn power on the red light is solid hit bind button it flashes red and that is it. Hook up my brothers R603FF and it works like a charm. So is there a different setting for these?
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #670
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBike View Post
This has been the only way I could figure out the controller also, thanks a ton Harley. I do have a question that has me stumped. I set the truck us with your steps for 4ws and dig but now when I hit reverse hard my dig comes on? You can see how this is a problem. I basically roll on every hard climb I do if my front wheels lift. Any idea why this might be happening? I do have a y harness in the truck for my BEC and rear steer servo.
Are you using all digital servos? It sounds like one of your servo's is getting some interference. If your radio is still in servo view style (bar graph display), hit reverse hard and see if it effects the dig channel. If the dig channel does not move it is not a problem with the radio itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagoo View Post
My 4channel receiver bound easily now I can't get my 3 channel one to bind at all. I have a R603FS https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=FUTL7630. Now from what I understand this is from a 3PK module set but everything I have seen on the Futaba site says it should work. You turn power on the red light is solid hit bind button it flashes red and that is it. Hook up my brothers R603FF and it works like a charm. So is there a different setting for these?
Go to RXSYS and change from C2 mode to C1 mode. Turn the radio off then back on, then double check that the radio successfully to the change to C1 mode. You will be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo View Post
Many thanks, your a star
Any time
Old 02-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #671
Quarry Creeper

The dig does engage when I hit reverse hard. Even if I hit reverse slow id does come on but the more throw I have on the trigger the more the dig servo engages. I am tottaly lost on this. I did change my ESC and motor a while back and this started happening right after that. I assume I have something cross wired but not sure where. Maybe I will trace all the channels and post that and someone can help me solve this. I will post the wiring tomorrow night.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #672
20K Club

Quote:
The dig does engage when I hit reverse hard. Even if I hit reverse slow id does come on but the more throw I have on the trigger the more the dig servo engages. I am tottaly lost on this. I did change my ESC and motor a while back and this started happening right after that. I assume I have something cross wired but not sure where. Maybe I will trace all the channels and post that and someone can help me solve this. I will post the wiring tomorrow night.
Again, do you have the radio set in servo view (bar graph display)?

When you hit reverse does the bar graph associated with the channel that controls the dig move (on the radio display)? If it does then you have a program mix activated. This would make sense as the program mixes only work in one direction if programmed as such.

If this is the case go to your menu's and go to PMIX1 and set the values to 0 then repeat for PMIX2.

A quicker way to do this would be to start fresh with a new model memory, this works best for people who aren't 100% familiar with the programming features.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #673
Quarry Creeper

I think you hit it on the head with my problme. I did have the mixes set before and may have just set something up incorrect. My best option is probably like you said and start fresh. I will try that first. And yes when I hit reverse the bar graph display does move. Thanks Harley, I can always rely on your tips to point me in the right direction.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #674
20K Club

Quote:
I think you hit it on the head with my problme. I did have the mixes set before and may have just set something up incorrect. My best option is probably like you said and start fresh. I will try that first. And yes when I hit reverse the bar graph display does move. Thanks Harley, I can always rely on your tips to point me in the right direction.
Yeah, definitely the mixes. Just reset the model and go from there
Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #675
20K Club

Anyone who is interested in making their radio a little lighter check out this thread by Sarge:

Futaba 4PK Dry Cell Battery Holder (Lithium)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgt Hartman View Post
The Futaba 4PK is a awesome radio, don't get me wrong, but the weight of the stock battery pack has bothered me from the first moment I picked one up. Having used Spektrum's DX3r, I was accustomed to the weight and balance of 4 cells (lithium) in the base. That, and I found carrying 4 spare cells in my radio bag was far simpler than worrying about charging batteries.

When I saw the page in the 4PK manual showing the "dry cell battery holder P/N T4PK" I was eager to try one out.

After searching Futaba's web site, as well as the rest of the internet, I was amazed that I could not locate this accessory anywhere...

I had resigned my self to just wait for this item to be released by Futaba for sale, knowing it would probably be at least $20. Then the idea hit me, make one, so off to Digi-Key I went, $.89 later, here is what I got:

I had a old switch laying around, and I cannibalized the connector/wires.

Here is a comparison of the stock pack versus the 4 cell pack:

Stock Ni-MH

4 cell holder

Once installed there was a small rattle when the transmitter was shaken, so I placed two small pieces of self adhesive foam (1/8 thick), one in the battery compartment

and the second on the battery door

Next it was off to change the battery type in the menu.

Just in case you don't believe there is a weight savings by converting over, here's the proof:

That's a savings of almost 4 ounces, at a cost of less than a dollar...
Old 02-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #676
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yeah, definitely the mixes. Just reset the model and go from there
Now I am really confused (as if I wasn't before). I reprogramed the radio and after binding was attempting to set up my dig again and low and behold, the dig comes on while I hit reverse hard. Just to keep you guessing, now when I hit locked dig, the EPA does not seem adjustable? I have it set to 0 and the dig will still engage. Should this not move if I have the EPA at 0? I tried using the old setting (thinking they were right before, they should be right now) but the dig servo is not liking it very much. I have it set for 4wd and freewheel but locked gives me lots of servo whine. Any suggestions now? I feel like such a newbie but everyone needs help sometime. Right?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #677
20K Club

Quote:
Now I am really confused (as if I wasn't before). I reprogramed the radio and after binding was attempting to set up my dig again and low and behold, the dig comes on while I hit reverse hard. Just to keep you guessing, now when I hit locked dig, the EPA does not seem adjustable? I have it set to 0 and the dig will still engage. Should this not move if I have the EPA at 0? I tried using the old setting (thinking they were right before, they should be right now) but the dig servo is not liking it very much. I have it set for 4wd and freewheel but locked gives me lots of servo whine. Any suggestions now? I feel like such a newbie but everyone needs help sometime. Right?
Did you start with a fresh model?

Can you list the equipment you are using? Servo models, ESC, etc.

Go to the model reset function and clear the model you are using and start over. If you are not using all digital servos than go change your servo response to normal instead of high speed.

Don't worry about the questions, we will get it narrowed down.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #678
Quarry Creeper

I did discover that I was not on the new model for a bit and after sorting that out (see what I am sayin, newbie! lol) I have disconected my dig servo horn so I will not have any magic smoke. The servo whines all the time now.

I have 2 Hitec 5955 servos for front and rear steer and a Hitec 645 for the dig. I am using a Novak Goat 18.5 system for the ESC and motor. There is a CC Bec hooked up with a Y harness to the rear steer servo. I did reset from scratch on a new model memory but I am going to reset everything one more time and try again. I had this system working at one time, that is why I am so confused. I assume after I put a different ESC and motor into it and re-routed all my wiring I now have something mixed up.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #679
Quarry Creeper

Okay, after totally clearing the model memory I seem to have it working good now but I can't set the rear steer endpoints? I do have the rear steer servo set up on the Y harness with the BEC, could this be why it will not adjust the EPA?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #680
Quarry Creeper

Never mind, I got it. The EPA now has to be set through the mixes, not with the standard EPA setting for the 4th channel. Thanks again for all the help, I would not have bought this radio if you didn't have these tips on this forum. Always a pleasure Harley.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM