Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #681
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBike View Post
Never mind, I got it. The EPA now has to be set through the mixes, not with the standard EPA setting for the 4th channel. Thanks again for all the help, I would not have bought this radio if you didn't have these tips on this forum. Always a pleasure Harley.
Glad you got it all fixed man. If you ever have anything else feel free to ask. And thanks for the compliments on the thread, I am glad it has helped.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #682
Quarry Creeper

Default Receiver Switch

I just got my 4pk and looking through the manual and stuff that came with it. What is the receiver switch for? Is it something that needs to be installed in the vehicle?

I will be running dual esc's on the rig.

Also what is the receiver style connector for on the battery charger?

Thanks
mhuffman_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #683
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffman_81 View Post
I just got my 4pk and looking through the manual and stuff that came with it. What is the receiver switch for? Is it something that needs to be installed in the vehicle?

I will be running dual esc's on the rig.

Also what is the receiver style connector for on the battery charger?

Thanks
The included switch is for nitro/gas vehicles and not needed on a crawler.

The plug on the charger is for the included battery pack. I have a spare pack so I can charge my radio and my spare at the same time
Old 02-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #684
Quarry Creeper

Ah ok, thank you
Old 02-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #685
Quarry Creeper

Default Will the RX run safely on 7.4v?

I found another thread in here about this and you mentioned that you ran it briefly this way. Just wondering if it can be run this way permanently or if I should go down to 6v?

I have a Hitec 9750 that I am running and it will run at 7.4v.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #686
20K Club

Quote:
I found another thread in here about this and you mentioned that you ran it briefly this way. Just wondering if it can be run this way permanently or if I should go down to 6v?

I have a Hitec 9750 that I am running and it will run at 7.4v.
RX is perfectly good at 7.4, no worries.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #687
Quarry Creeper

Default dry cell battery tray

Where can I get one? I don't want to get out somewhere and run out of juice and not be able to recharge.

What type of connector is that on the stock battery at least I could get a spare or make a charge plug for my 606i charger.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #688
20K Club

Quote:
Where can I get one? I don't want to get out somewhere and run out of juice and not be able to recharge.

What type of connector is that on the stock battery at least I could get a spare or make a charge plug for my 606i charger.
Contacting Futaba parts may be the easiest way. The plug on the stock battery is standard RX plug.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #689
Quarry Creeper

i was having a few problems setting the controller up for the losi crawler. Ive followed your instructions for setup but my dig servo is only moving one way and is not adjusting to the epa setting that im imputing into the controller.
killa b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #690
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa b View Post
i was having a few problems setting the controller up for the losi crawler. Ive followed your instructions for setup but my dig servo is only moving one way and is not adjusting to the epa setting that im imputing into the controller.
You are setting it to one of the DT switches correct? Does it work if you hold the button over? What is the bar graph display doing?

Start from a clean model memory and try the programming once more. Sounds like you have another setting that is messing with it.

You should be able to select any DT(1,2,3) and set the step value (number on the right side of the screen) to 100.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #691
Quarry Creeper

turns out everything was good from the beginning just the servo was slowly going out and finally let the smoke out thanks for the help.
killa b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #692
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa b View Post
turns out everything was good from the beginning just the servo was slowly going out and finally let the smoke out thanks for the help.
Well glad it wasn't the radio at least :? Sucks it was your servo though.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #693
Rock Crawler

Hey Harley. I am a big fan of the Nomadio React but picked up a 4PK awhile back.
I hadn't set it up till recently and used your instructions to set my radio to work with my Super. The set up worked fine with the exception of no rear steer. I’ve read the thread several times but could not locate any definite info on setting up rear steer. Friends have suggested the Novak dig or using only one ESC w/the Punk dig. I also hear there is a way to set up front/rear dig but I cannot seem to find in on hear. Has there been any updates as to how to setup the 4pk for front and rear steer?
Any assistance would be great Obe One! he he
Thanks
SMR4RUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #694
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR4RUNNER View Post
Hey Harley. I am a big fan of the Nomadio React but picked up a 4PK awhile back.
I hadn't set it up till recently and used your instructions to set my radio to work with my Super. The set up worked fine with the exception of no rear steer. I’ve read the thread several times but could not locate any definite info on setting up rear steer. Friends have suggested the Novak dig or using only one ESC w/the Punk dig. I also hear there is a way to set up front/rear dig but I cannot seem to find in on hear. Has there been any updates as to how to setup the 4pk for front and rear steer?
Thanks
So the programming wasn't working like the video showed? I can't watch the video here at the office to remember how I did it

I can go through and do a video tonight on setup for you. I need to refresh myself on how I programmed it. Since I haven't ran a super with my 4PK in almost a year I am a little rusty.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #695
Rock Crawler

Thanks Harley. I can't view the video here at work either. I look forward to hearing your input.
Thanks again.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #696
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks

Sorry Harley. I re-read my post and typoed. All is working including front and rear steer. Front dig is working fine as well. It is rear dig that I was looking for that I was unable to resolve. Looking forward to your feedback.
Thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #697
20K Club

Quote:
Sorry Harley. I re-read my post and typoed. All is working including front and rear steer. Front dig is working fine as well. It is rear dig that I was looking for that I was unable to resolve. Looking forward to your feedback.
Thanks
Depending on how you have setup your rear steer you may be out of mixes in order to control rear dig. You have to run rear steer exclusively independent to be able to use rear dig. Or there is an option of using the Second Condition option of the radio to have both, but it is an extra step to use it.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #698
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Depending on how you have setup your rear steer you may be out of mixes in order to control rear dig. You have to run rear steer exclusively independent to be able to use rear dig. Or there is an option of using the Second Condition option of the radio to have both, but it is an extra step to use it.
I prefer to run rear steer independently. If possible I would like to use DT3's top button for front dig & bottom button for rear dig.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #699
Rock Crawler

Ah! I think I figured it out! It's getting late so I'll have to check with you to verify my settings tomorrow. I'm still working on seeing if I can utilize DT3 for front/rear dig.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #700
20K Club

Quote:
Ah! I think I figured it out! It's getting late so I'll have to check with you to verify my settings tomorrow. I'm still working on seeing if I can utilize DT3 for front/rear dig.
DT3 cannot be used to toggle dig on and off. Get used to using the PS1 it is a much easier way once your used to it. You don't have to worry about clicking too far and you can tap it on and off very quickly.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM