Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #701
RCC Addict

if i have the time tonight i can go through my radio and post my settings for super, i have front rear dig(plus independant control of rear motor for feed) , front rear steer (both crab and normal) and independant control of the rear. ill try to post it but cant garuntee it will be done tonight
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #702
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrains View Post
if i have the time tonight i can go through my radio and post my settings for super, i have front rear dig(plus independant control of rear motor for feed) , front rear steer (both crab and normal) and independant control of the rear. ill try to post it but cant garuntee it will be done tonight
The more people post there settings, the more knowledge base grows in this thread. I would be interested in comparing settings. It wouldn't hurt.
SMR4RUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #703
RCC Addict

Default FUTABA Service Center

I never had problems with my 4PK which I've been using for almost a year. Well, the unexpected happened, machines do fail, the Transmitter just won't power-up.

I checked the batteries, then decided to call the Futaba Service Center to seek advise. The kind gentleman recommended that I quickly ship my unit for inspection.

I love my 4PK, I think it's the best I've had in over 2 decades. I thought that it would take months to get my 4PK back so I decided to buy another 4PK.

Today I was surprised to receive a package from Futaba. Apparently, the guys at Futaba Service Center did a very quick check soon as my package arrived, and decided to replace the transmitter. They also threw-in an extra Battery, for more fun then shipped it out Priority Mail.

Turnaround was a little over a week. Way to go Team Futaba! You sure got the best team behind the Best Digital Proportional R/C System in the Market.

Oh yeah, sure glad that the back-up System I got last week was a Futaba 4PK. With the Futaba Service Center watching your back -- can never go wrong, for sure. THANKS!
Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:18 AM   #704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
Thats really encouraging. I have been having an intermittent issue with my 4PK lately. Something goes wrong with a model memory and I have to erase it and start over. I know I need to send it in but I was an early adopter and bought my 4PK when they came out, now it is out of warranty
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #705
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR4RUNNER View Post
The more people post there settings, the more knowledge base grows in this thread. I would be interested in comparing settings. It wouldn't hurt.
I had mine set so that the PS1 activates the rear motor....then you can just push it in bursts to dig the rear....I also added/glued a "post" to the upper handle wheel dial to use as my rear steer control and then just ran rubber bands over it so it self centers.

But since i added a novak dig , I have 99.9% the control i had with my stick radio only without the occational "thumb ooops" in time pressure.
jfraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:42 AM   #706
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
Thats really encouraging. I have been having an intermittent issue with my 4PK lately. Something goes wrong with a model memory and I have to erase it and start over. I know I need to send it in but I was an early adopter and bought my 4PK when they came out, now it is out of warranty
call them anyway, they repaired my 3pjs 6 years after i bought it for a very minimal charge. never hurts to ask
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #707
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfraymond View Post
I had mine set so that the PS1 activates the rear motor....then you can just push it in bursts to dig the rear....I also added/glued a "post" to the upper handle wheel dial to use as my rear steer control and then just ran rubber bands over it so it self centers.

But since i added a novak dig , I have 99.9% the control i had with my stick radio only without the occational "thumb ooops" in time pressure.
Yup! I'm using PS2 for front dig, PS1 for rear dig. Rear steer is done using DL2.
I bought the Novak dig but thought, "I paid xxx much for this radio, I better figure out how to make it work." he he
Old 03-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #708
Quarry Creeper

Neil76 installed push buttons on about 6 of our 4pk's on the flat spot to the right of the wheel. Now the rig is always in 4wd unless you hold one of the buttons. Once you let go of the button it goes back to 4wd.

I never get lost in the dig buttons anymore. If I am not holding down one of the buttons I am not in dig or burn. I bet this mod has saved me at least 1 minute per course. I can go in and out of dig without even thinking about it anymore. Its hard for me to comprehend ever going back. Crab Walking is so easy and quick now that its one of my favorite things to do.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #709
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR4RUNNER View Post
Yup! I'm using PS2 for front dig, PS1 for rear dig. Rear steer is done using DL2.
I bought the Novak dig but thought, "I paid xxx much for this radio, I better figure out how to make it work." he he
yup It may take the novak dig to get the right mix....but once it is set the 4pk rocks!!!
jfraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #710
Pebble Pounder

Just wanted to check before i get one of these. Does it offer steering mixing for a rear steer option. I want to run my dig and have rear wheel steer but I want to have the mixing capability.
Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #711
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2380 View Post
Just wanted to check before i get one of these. Does it offer steering mixing for a rear steer option. I want to run my dig and have rear wheel steer but I want to have the mixing capability.
Yes it absolutely does. All the programming is linked in the first post of this thread. Any questions just post them up.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #712
Pebble Pounder

Again just to verify this radio will do crab, all wheel, rear and front wheel steering mixing. Just want to make sure it is a lot of money for something that won't do what I want it to do. Thanks
Old 03-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #713
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2380 View Post
Again just to verify this radio will do crab, all wheel, rear and front wheel steering mixing. Just want to make sure it is a lot of money for something that won't do what I want it to do. Thanks
I'll get a programming video up for you ASAP. I have just been swamped organizing the 2.2 Midwest Challenge this last weekend.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #714
20K Club

Here is my latest 4PK mod I made a custom hub to adapt one of the new soon to be released Vanquish Products 1.9 wheels to my Futaba 4PK. The wheel is slightly larger than stock but fits great! I used the stock Futaba foam on the wheel.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #715
RCC Addict

That is downright pimp Harley. Thanks for all the hard work on MWIC 2010, good seeing you guys again.
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #716
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSMacgyver View Post
That is downright pimp Harley. Thanks for all the hard work on MWIC 2010, good seeing you guys again.
Thanks! Really glad the T1e team had such a great showing. Really impressive
Old 03-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #717
Rock Crawler

Ok I have a question... Lets say I am runing a super class with dual ESC and dual steering.
I read how to program the 2 ESC in the way that the front or rear or both work.
Now is it possible to program the steering to be oposite, crab, just front, or just rear???
norbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #718
20K Club

I am just a little behind at the moment but I will get a better super class video and instructions up ASAP.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #719
Pebble Pounder

Just got my 4pk last night and if it wasn't for these threads i would be lost. I have the same question on the steering but i am running a creeper. Thanks for the great info and look forward to the answer.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:02 PM   #720
Rock Crawler

Ok. I've a few comps with the 4pk. Im sold on it but I have a slight issue with my rig now. On a downslope when I barely give it throttle, it will at times feel as though it loses any resistance. Kinda like going into a slight free wheel. So I tested this while holding the rig. I'll give it the slight bit of throttle and push the rig on flat ground. It's as if there is no torque when power is applied. Im going to check the ESC's settings again but I've been playing with the 4pk and can't seem to get rid of it. Help Obe One!!!

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM