Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #1341
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Yup, knew it was an ESC issue. That sucks, live and learn though
Funny thing is, I don't have enough fingers to count how many times I have soldered my ESC's this way...all Castle too...sh!tters!
jeeper_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #1342
I wanna be Dave

My 4pks just arrived! Thank you very much for this thread Harley. I have read it countless times over the past couple years and finally can relate to it rather than scratch my head.

It's going to sit in a box until after Saturday's local comp though. I am the current points series leader and don't want to make any changes to the rig that I can't get some wheel time on before hand.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #1343
20K Club

Good deal man! After you dig into it let me know if you need anything.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #1344
Rock Crawler

Harley
You are the GURU of 4pkNess
can you let me know how to set-up 3 pos switch for m2 dig on a 4pk and assign it to a switch?

Thanks
Bob C
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #1345
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedone View Post
Harley
You are the GURU of 4pkNess
can you let me know how to set-up 3 pos switch for m2 dig on a 4pk and assign it to a switch?

Thanks
Bob C
This post should help out.
4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

Thanks Bob
Old 01-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #1346
Rock Crawler

Quote:
This post should help out.
4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

Thanks Bob
everything worked out as usual
Thank you
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #1347
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcboxer View Post
Maybe someone can help me I have a 3pk and am using dual esc's, they are the mmp's. I did the set-up that Harley showed on his video(by the way thank you very much for doing that!) but am having a problem with dig. I set-up the front dig to work on ps.1 and rear dig on the grip button. If I accidentally hit both digs so I have No throttle at all, then let's say click on front dig(ps.1) it switches, it then acts as rear dig instead of front. Same thing happens if i were to click on grip button it will act as front dig instead of rear. Once I get front and rears both turned back on it goes back to normal settings Any ideas of what to check for I would appreciate much thanks
This is my buddy who I told to set up his 3pk with dual esc's after I went to dual esc's with my 4pk. We both have our setups the same but when HE pushed both his rear and front dig buttons (so no motors are on) when he comes back his buttons reverse as stated.
On MY 4pk it does not do that. For instance I hit front dig button and then rear dig button, when I want to turn either back on the buttons REMAIN THE SAME so I dont get lost. I can hit the rear button 10 times and it ONLY controls the rear. Can someone else chime in and check their radio for us to see which is correct and WHY it is this way? I can see where turning both off and then not knowing which is which could be very detrimental to your run. Thanks
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #1348
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
This is my buddy who I told to set up his 3pk with dual esc's after I went to dual esc's with my 4pk. We both have our setups the same but when HE pushed both his rear and front dig buttons (so no motors are on) when he comes back his buttons reverse as stated.
On MY 4pk it does not do that. For instance I hit front dig button and then rear dig button, when I want to turn either back on the buttons REMAIN THE SAME so I dont get lost. I can hit the rear button 10 times and it ONLY controls the rear. Can someone else chime in and check their radio for us to see which is correct and WHY it is this way? I can see where turning both off and then not knowing which is which could be very detrimental to your run. Thanks
As I answered before, it is acting exactly as the 4PK. Unless he is not describing it fully I replicated exactly what he is saying on the 4PK. He just needs to turn both back on and then go from there.

There is no way for the buttons to "switch" what they are doing.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #1349
RCC Addict

so is this the correct operation:

Hit ps1 and rear motor turns off. Hit ps1 again rear motor turns back on

Hit grip button and front motor turns off, Hit grip again front motor back on

Now here is where his gets weird (to me):

Hit ps1 AND grip button both motors off, now hit grip and the REAR motor comes back on and not the original front motor.
Now is that correct or should the grip button ONLY control the FRONT motor and never the rear?
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #1350
20K Club

No just like before that button will only control one mix and will not switch. But if you hit both buttons so that both motors are off then hit the front dig button again it will seem like it is in rear dig. There is no way that his button is "switching" what motor it is controlling.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #1351
Rock Stacker

Hello, I'm running dual FX-R's with my 4pm. I set it up per your diagram and video. I did a "break in" run in my driveway for the first pack and my rig will randomly go to front or rear dig from stop. Not all the time, it just randomly happens when I was doing "stop and go" driving. I'm guessing it's some sort of glitching where one esc responds faster than the other to the throttle?
Serolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #1352
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serolf View Post
Hello, I'm running dual FX-R's with my 4pm. I set it up per your diagram and video. I did a "break in" run in my driveway for the first pack and my rig will randomly go to front or rear dig from stop. Not all the time, it just randomly happens when I was doing "stop and go" driving. I'm guessing it's some sort of glitching where one esc responds faster than the other to the throttle?
Hmmm, could be a number of things. It's not a radio problem most likely, you can check this by making sure the graphs on the display are moving. If they are moving then they are sending signal.

I would start by making sure all your wires have a good connection and also calibrate both ESC's at the same time.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #1353
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Hmmm, could be a number of things. It's not a radio problem most likely, you can check this by making sure the graphs on the display are moving. If they are moving then they are sending signal.

I would start by making sure all your wires have a good connection and also calibrate both ESC's at the same time.
I calibrated both ESCs at the same time today and I noticed that the truck will randomly go to front/rear dig when going from forward to reverse and vice versa. I have to wait like two seconds after I stop if I want to go to reverse or forward if not one of the axles will not spin. It gets pretty annoying.

Everyhing is brand new. The graphs on the radio are fine. My wires look fine, I disconnected the red wire from both ESCS. And my motors (tekin 45t handwounds) are connected with deans plugs.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #1354
20K Club

Are you running FXR pros by chance?

Last edited by Harley; 01-11-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #1355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serolf View Post
I calibrated both ESCs at the same time today and I noticed that the truck will randomly go to front/rear dig when going from forward to reverse and vice versa. I have to wait like two seconds after I stop if I want to go to reverse or forward if not one of the axles will not spin. It gets pretty annoying.

Everyhing is brand new. The graphs on the radio are fine. My wires look fine, I disconnected the red wire from both ESCS. And my motors (tekin 45t handwounds) are connected with deans plugs.
Did you disconnect the signal wire from the BEC?
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #1356
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
Did you disconnect the signal wire from the BEC?
Huh? I've never had to do that.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #1357

I always have.

Quote:
Huh? I've never had to do that.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #1358
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Are you running FXR pros by chance?
Nope, regular FX-R's. The truck is pretty much undriveable when it's digging by itself. Again, only when I want to go from forward to reverse is when one of the axles will not spin.
What color is the BEC signal wire?
Old 01-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #1359
Rock Crawler

Can't remember the color off the top of my head but it's the middle one.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #1360
20K Club

Now that I think back and you say that you have to pause before you can drive, I think you may have the throttle mode set incorrectly.

The BEC signal wire is yellow.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM