Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 01:56 AM   #3541
Rock Crawler

What part of the programer board lights up? Nothing lights up on the programer board. Nothing ever lit up.

I have a friend bringing over a Windows xp or windows 7 computer.

Last edited by DrDiff952; 07-06-2014 at 02:11 AM.
DrDiff952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #3542
Rock Crawler

Ok installed software and update on Windows 7 PC. Hooked adapter to radio, ribbon to adapter, ribbon to programer programer to usb b cable usb a cable to computer.

Windows beeped.

Programmer Board did not light up.

Tried to program. Failure. Same messages as on Windows 8 computer.

I am guessing it is the programmer board.

Last edited by DrDiff952; 07-06-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #3543
Got Worms?

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

I've sent you a return shipping label (to the email you used for your order through my site).

Send back just the programming board, Once I see usps has it I'll ship another out to you

Last edited by losikid; 07-06-2014 at 10:09 AM.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #3544
Quarry Creeper

Just ordered a GT3B from hoobypartz.com

So OverkillRC, the firmware links on your website, are they dead or do you get access to them after we order the $25 upgrade kit from you?

Also, can someone point out the post that describes how you can use the extra channels on this radio or just an example of someone's button setup?

Thank you
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:37 PM   #3545
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life View Post
Just ordered a GT3B from hoobypartz.com

So OverkillRC, the firmware links on your website, are they dead or do you get access to them after we order the $25 upgrade kit from you?

Also, can someone point out the post that describes how you can use the extra channels on this radio or just an example of someone's button setup?

Thank you
Which links are dead? I've been pointing people to the link below for a long time now...

Index of /GT3X-Firmware
Old 07-07-2014, 06:12 AM   #3546
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Which links are dead? I've been pointing people to the link below for a long time now...

Index of /GT3X-Firmware
Thanks, I guess I was looking in the wrong place.

I started here. FlySky GT3B Info and FAQ for hacks - OverkillRC

Then went here. http://www.overkillrc.com/apps/links/

You should really update this page in the first link so that it redirects to your more current store. I see you've done the other pages, but not the GT3B page. If you google GT3B hack, it's the first result.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 07-07-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:23 PM   #3547
Rock Crawler

I just wish that the iT4 was hacked. I would have gotten the iT4 but thanks to LosiKid I am happy with my FS-GT3C.

Losikid, if you ever work on the iT4 let me know.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #3548

Losikid. I just received a hacked gt3b from you along with a 6channel Rx. All I want to do is run a bulldog winch from rc4wd with it...(3 pos). I read thru both manuals you linked to me and am totally lost. If you could explain it like you would to a 5yr old I would greatly appreciate it. I'm a Lil illiterate and def not to smart with computers... Any help would be great. Thanks
oliver67969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #3549
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDiff952 View Post

Losikid, if you ever work on the iT4 let me know.
If you read through all the pages it was talked about that it will more likely never happen
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #3550
Rock Crawler

LosiKid: The package was last tracked in Golden: Delivered

Last edited by DrDiff952; 07-11-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #3551
Rock Crawler

Hey Losi Kid,

I'm on your waiting list for a GT3C. Are you still hacking these? If I send you a GT3C can you hack it? What is your schedule like?
mudbeast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #3552
Rock Crawler

Hmm....
Old 07-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #3553
Got Worms?

Quote:
Thanks, I guess I was looking in the wrong place.

I started here. FlySky GT3B Info and FAQ for hacks - OverkillRC

Then went here. http://www.overkillrc.com/apps/links/

You should really update this page in the first link so that it redirects to your more current store. I see you've done the other pages, but not the GT3B page. If you google GT3B hack, it's the first result.
My old website is like a damn virus, no matter how hard i try to get rid of it, it always finds a way through. I could completely destroy it but then there would be an nasty trail of broken links I'd have to deal with.

Honestly, best way is to type in overkillrc.com directly. All my new links/files are pretty easy to find if you go to the product page of the product you have. I'm working on getting a file archive type thing and a in depth help section. I've been uber busy so i haven't had a chance to work on it any farther

Quote:
LosiKid: The package was last tracked in Golden: Delivered
Quote:
Hmm....
Patience is an excellent virtue. My work schedule last week didn't provide the opportunity to ship (PO was closed on my way to and from work)

Your replacement shipped out today

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbeast2 View Post
Hey Losi Kid,

I'm on your waiting list for a GT3C. Are you still hacking these? If I send you a GT3C can you hack it? What is your schedule like?
I don't modify customer supplied radios. I'll have some green ones up on my site here in a week or two. They'll go FAST, so be prepared if you want one. I'll start doing a couple here and there. If the new power switch fix seems to be holding up, I'll do a bulk order in from china for a larger variety of colors.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #3554
Got Worms?

I just tossed the hi profile switches back into the oven. I have 40 prototypes coming in here in about a week. 20 GT3C and 20 GT3B versions.

Assuming they fit, I have high hopes, I'll offer them for sale and early adopters will have the opportunity to buy the production versions at a significantly reduced price.

They'll be white plastic (3d printed)...according to the company the material is durable and not brittle. So, I'm confident they'll be fine till I have production billet aluminum versions.

If you're interested in a set, email me losikid@overkillrc.com

Old 07-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #3555
RCC Addict

Quote:
I just tossed the hi profile switches back into the oven. I have 40 prototypes coming in here in about a week. 20 GT3C and 20 GT3B versions.

Assuming they fit, I have high hopes, I'll offer them for sale and early adopters will have the opportunity to buy the production versions at a significantly reduced price.

They'll be white plastic (3d printed)...according to the company the material is durable and not brittle. So, I'm confident they'll be fine till I have production billet aluminum versions.

Oh you know me, and got my pm about em...... I'll take some when ya get em all working! Been waiting on these forever... Lol
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #3556
Rock Crawler

Keep me in mind I want one. I will preorder if you like.
mudbeast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #3557
Rock Crawler

New board arrived. I hooked up the radio, plugged in the USB and it beeped and flashed. I now am on 6.1.1

I now have the O.P.A.T. Wraith functional on 1 and 2, but I need to get third channel working. I want to turn
the third channel button into a three position switch and have it cycle between three set positions so that I
get normal 4WD, FWD with locked rears, and FWD with unlocked.

The next step is to choose and asign a three position switch to go between WS, 4WS, and Crab Steer.

Last edited by DrDiff952; 07-16-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #3558
Got Worms?

Quote:

To post answers to afew questions i have received

This product replaces the stock plastic rocker in the handle that depresses switches in the radio. Installation is as simple as a couple of screws. The main purpose of the product is to raise the actuator beyond the surface of the handle for easier operation. However, this is going to be my highest profile offered (Well, thats the plan) so if switch usage is infrequent, then it might be a nuisance. Previous prototypes, I noticed and my testers noted that the switch was great for digs and active mixing control because the thumb cradled around it and didn't require much effort to activate the switch and maintain it. BUT, in the scenario of a winch or setting adjustment, the extra height of the switch allows it to be bumped accidently and potentially cause unwanted events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbeast2 View Post
Keep me in mind I want one. I will preorder if you like.
I don't take pre-orders on the GT3C, I'll post it on my site and everyone on the waiting list will get a notification email...over 100 people will get that email. But, I do plan on getting much more in stock over the next couple of months.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #3559
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No, when you bind the rx remembers the tx....so if you change tx's you'll need to rebind
Does the GT3C only keep model specific binds if its hacked? As I understand it, when stock, it needs to be rebound for each model.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 07-16-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #3560
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Does the GT3C only keep model specific binds if its hacked? As I understand it, when stock, it needs to be rebound for each model.
It remembers the receivers that it is bound to.

If you have 10 different models with 10 different receivers then it needs to be bound to each model.

Once bound it will remember.
jaloos is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM