Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #4521
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildriver View Post
I've wondered the same thing for a while now, I just haven't bit the bullet picking one up. I have a few of the Turnigy 9x RXs that work with the GT3B, but this tiny thing would be useful as well

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #4522
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildriver View Post

It does not work with the new firmware
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:17 PM   #4523
Quarry Creeper

Hey, recently noticed an old file in the Firmware archive for a 0.6.2 firmware. Since ST Programmer does not like it, says something like "Not in s19 format" I am assuming it is incomplete/broken and abandoned?

Also, I have my 3rd channel set at 50 and at 100% DR. Am I right in thinking that it being set at 50 makes the steps it makes in 50% increments and the reason why it jacks up my shift servo if I accidentally hit it twice in the same direction? To fix that set it to 100 then adjust the DR to 50%?
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #4524
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
Hey, recently noticed an old file in the Firmware archive for a 0.6.2 firmware. Since ST Programmer does not like it, says something like "Not in s19 format" I am assuming it is incomplete/broken and abandoned?

Also, I have my 3rd channel set at 50 and at 100% DR. Am I right in thinking that it being set at 50 makes the steps it makes in 50% increments and the reason why it jacks up my shift servo if I accidentally hit it twice in the same direction? To fix that set it to 100 then adjust the DR to 50%?
0.6.2 was never finished, the most notable new feature it has is alot of the original GT3C's and afew of the newer ones had extremely sensitive scroll wheels. So 0.6.2 offers an setting that requires you to scroll twice to move one menu item. The firmware does work, you may have to rename the file so it has an .s19 extension

Set your step rate to 100% then adjust your endpoints to get your shift servo in the correct position. (You'll have left and right endpoints)
http://overkillrc.com/php?target=sup...djustment-menu
Old 01-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #4525
Quarry Creeper

Weird, even renamed to . s19 it didn't like it. Might play with it again just for the heck of it.

Thanks! Figured it was something simple like that. Gonna play with that once I fix my stupid trigger.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:48 AM   #4526
Rock Stacker

How soon will I be able to order a pre-modded GT3B from you overkill? Site says approximately mid January
charvel74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #4527
Quarry Creeper

This may be a silly question but my hacked GT3C will still operate other models that I have bound to the radio even when that model isn't selected. Is this normal, I had a issue at a race this past weekend where I sent a one of my Mod Clods flying off the pit table when I forgot to turn it off. Any help would be great
OurJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:57 AM   #4528
Rock Crawler

I dont have a modded one but all the flysky radios I have had dont have different bands for different models like say a spektrum radio does. It will control any model its bound to. I hope im wrong and there is a way to fix this but I havent found it. Also the fail-safe isnt very good either. If I shut the tx off first the truck almost always takes off.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #4529
I wanna be Dave

Correct. It stays bound to the RX and only recalls specific settings. You'd have to turn off what you're not using or bind it to another RX

spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #4530
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcplante View Post
I dont have a modded one but all the flysky radios I have had dont have different bands for different models like say a spektrum radio does. It will control any model its bound to. I hope im wrong and there is a way to fix this but I havent found it. Also the fail-safe isnt very good either. If I shut the tx off first the truck almost always takes off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Correct. It stays bound to the RX and only recalls specific settings. You'd have to turn off what you're not using or bind it to another RX

Thank you both for the quick reply
OurJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #4531
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurJK View Post
This may be a silly question but my hacked GT3C will still operate other models that I have bound to the radio even when that model isn't selected. Is this normal, I had a issue at a race this past weekend where I sent a one of my Mod Clods flying off the pit table when I forgot to turn it off. Any help would be great
Yes, that's normal. The model memory just holds trim and channel settings. The frequency it broadcasts on doesn't change.

Last edited by QuesoDelDiablo; 01-10-2017 at 01:09 PM.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #4532
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcplante View Post

The failsafe is built into the Rx and you just need to activate it. For some reason FS and HK Rx's don't come with the failsafe engaged.

I'll dig up the link for how to engage it for ya. Standby.

*EDIT*
Failsafe info in this thread: Hobbywing 1060 has no failsafe?!

Last edited by QuesoDelDiablo; 01-10-2017 at 01:11 PM.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #4533
Got Worms?

Hey guys, I just got hack kits back in stock.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:33 PM   #4534

I was sent over here from the electronics thread to get in touch with the master of GT3B. (Losi Kid)
I was recently given a 1:8 scale HBX RC Basilisk Rock Crawler but without the transmitter.
Seemingly the original Radio System was FM as the receiver on the crawler has a FM frequency crystal. I already have a FLysky GT3B 3CH 2.4GHZ Transmitter with ten model memories that I would prefer to use for this project.
The problem I have is that the crawler has 4 wheel steer but if I connect the two steering servos with a “Y” connector I get the crabbing effect where all wheels turn the same.
Is it possible that someone out there could give me detailed instructions on how to program my TX to give me the original 4 modes of steering?
Thanks in anticipation
moganero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #4535

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Hey guys, I just got hack kits back in stock.
I tried to PM you instead of posting in here, but here goes. I purchased a GT3C solely so that I could get the hack for it for more channels.

I have an SCX10 II that I want to get corrected before doing the hack. It's running 2S, a Sidewinder 3 ESC, the GT3C and GR3E, and an Axial 27t brushed motor. I had it on it's maiden voyage yesterday when I lost all forward movement. Reverse works as well as the servo, but strangely no forward movement whatsoever. I hot-wired the motor and it runs both forward and backward. I've recalibrated the ESC, and the correct LEDs light up for each movement (green/forward, red/reverse, and yellow/neutral). Seeing the lights function on the ESC makes me believe it's a setting on the TX, any ideas? What settings do you recommend for a crawler?
blackjack12982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:55 PM   #4536
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by moganero View Post
I was sent over here from the electronics thread to get in touch with the master of GT3B. (Losi Kid)

I was recently given a 1:8 scale HBX RC Basilisk Rock Crawler but without the transmitter.

Seemingly the original Radio System was FM as the receiver on the crawler has a FM frequency crystal. I already have a FLysky GT3B 3CH 2.4GHZ Transmitter with ten model memories that I would prefer to use for this project.

The problem I have is that the crawler has 4 wheel steer but if I connect the two steering servos with a “Y” connector I get the crabbing effect where all wheels turn the same.

Is it possible that someone out there could give me detailed instructions on how to program my TX to give me the original 4 modes of steering?

Thanks in anticipation

I don't think you can get all 4 modes using a "y" . Using a Y you can get crab or opposite ( reversing one servo)
For my truck I use a Futaba 4 channel and the steering program is there.
You need two channels for the two servos, then the TX can give you 4modes.... LK can give you the correct info on your Tx

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:53 AM   #4537
I wanna be Dave

Ordered the hack kit for the GT3-C from Overkill the 1st of Feb. Does shipping status "New" mean that it hasn't shipped yet? Just trying to figure out when it should show up.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #4538
I wanna be Dave

Alright, sent emails 2x to the support email on the Overkill site, without getting any response. It's been 20 days since I've ordered and haven't received anything or even a shipping notification. Should I be worried? Anyone with experience buying from Overkill/losikid know what to expect as far as shipping times?
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #4539
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Alright, sent emails 2x to the support email on the Overkill site, without getting any response. It's been 20 days since I've ordered and haven't received anything or even a shipping notification. Should I be worried? Anyone with experience buying from Overkill/losikid know what to expect as far as shipping times?
I ordered stuff before christmas, it did take quite a while...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Chris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:56 PM   #4540
Rock Crawler

I do believe he stated in this thread it would be a while before he was doing anything. Think he took some time off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM