Notices

Thread: HH Servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #541
I joined the Band!

Default Re: HH Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlejon View Post
That's a bummer, they really took care of me with my 400. I wonder if you got a dud? The few other reports seem to be positive, but after my experience with the 400, I wouldn't be surprised either way. Once this line matures I believe it will be incredible! Every other thing I have gotten from them really has been top quality, absolutely perfect, really! It's unfortunate that your experience with their service has been unsatisfactory, they have a great reputation with just about every other customer I have heard about. I wonder if there is more to the story...?
Sadly there is not..

Like I said I love holmes hobbies, I said that. I know I did.
I support every one of their products that have worked well for me..
Thier servo line is NOT one of them.
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2016, 09:51 PM   #542
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
After running my HV500 for about 3 weeks , Comping. Mine started acting wonky, Not wanting to center. Just generally shitting the bed when in a bind my 7950 would steer out of with ease..

I messaged John about it, Got a very generic reply after about a week of waiting, Just said f-it and put a 7950 back in, and the HV500 will be sitting in a box..
Quote:

Not ever getting a reply about my broken one either really puts me off. I love Holmes Hobbies and all, But this will likely be the last servo I buy from them.

I understand your frustration, but I don't understand how you never got a reply from us while getting a "generic reply" earlier in the thread? If you haven't sent it in to us, included all your information in an email, or taken it apart to find the problem, then how can we give you proper customer support? Take it apart or send it in per the warranty tab. You probably have a sheared middle pin based on your problem description. It is an easy fix, and we supply a pack of replacement pins, gears, and bearings.

Every single failure I've seen on the repair wall is posted in this thread. It is a handful of people, less than warranty rates on ESCs. ONE broken gear. One failed bearing. The remaining are all sheared pins. Compared to the 15% survival rate of the HV400, the HV500 is doing fantastic! The middle pin is the most common failure so far, but I can't make conclusions with less than 5 sheared pins. But I will prepare for testing solutions, in case it continues to be the main failure point.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #543
I joined the Band!

So, I should spend more money sending this one in, To get another servo that will likely fail?

I mean. 7950's don't have this problem (or any of your listed problems ). Weren't you touting about being all superior ? I mean. I've never had any issue like this with any Hitec.. Again, I love all your products, and have hugged your nuts along with everyone else.. But everyone refusing to acknowledge that maybe there could be a ****ing problem is kind of whack.

You should accept PM's. And reply to emails.

EDIT: Really, I couldn't care less. Its a cheap servo (not an insult, I love the idea of a sub $100 "go to" servo ), Its failed. I'm not happy. Few would be.

I'll still buy your stuff cuz everything else you make is the best out there. I know that, I'm not stupid. But I also know most guys don't run their stuff nearly as hard as I do.. I also know this servo would fail epicly trying to handle my Yeti XL , Flipping end over end. Yeah, It couldn't.. If it couldn't handle a 9 lb comp SCX10.. Maybe the HV600 will have the kinks worked out. One can hope.

Last edited by Capwn; 04-11-2016 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:46 PM   #544
RCC Addict

take it apart!
nothing lost. if it is a pin, john said he would send the repair kit ( or that is what I understood )
if it is not, 5.00 for mail and he sends out a new one.
mailing it in is not that much to ask for. without customers helping, it is harder to
get ALL the bugs out.
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:47 PM   #545
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So, I should spend more money sending this one in, To get another servo that will likely fail?

I mean. 7950's don't have this problem (or any of your listed problems ). Weren't you touting about being all superior ? I mean. I've never had any issue like this with any Hitec..
We should all feel so lucky, just for the simple fact, that we can send a servo back and get a working servo in return!

No different then Hitec! You have to pay shipping to return a broken servo to them too. Any company with a warranty, actually...

Hitec doesn't replace: pins, bearings, or gears...
Only electrical portions.
Trust me, I've sent back plenty! And yet, I hold nothing against them..

Not to mention, JRH said: you can take the servo apart and they will send you the pins, gears, and bearings..
Then your not shipping anything.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:52 PM   #546
I joined the Band!

And that is all fair. But why replace parts that will just fail again?
I'll maybe fix it, Maybe not. idc really, It was only $100..
If I do, It will end up as a shift servo, Or maybe a servo winch.. I cant trust it in a comp or on the trail. So its no good to me sadly :(
Old 04-11-2016, 11:00 PM   #547
RCC Addict

that is fair. if you know you are extremely rough on your equipment then this can be considered
product research. now you know you need something much tougher and will have to pay the tougher
price. still, get this one fixed if for no other reason than curiosity and know you will have one of the
toughest shift servos out there
Old 04-11-2016, 11:03 PM   #548
I joined the Band!

Yeah, now I've pissed John off , There goes talking to him about winding me a 380 can ..
Old 04-11-2016, 11:11 PM   #549
RCC Addict

order it under a different name haha

and different address. use mine

or - I have a good friend in Denver, he is not into rcs so nothing to worry about

Last edited by cabron; 04-11-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:24 PM   #550
RCC Addict

Just fix it?
If you really don't care send it to me... I'll buy it.
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:03 AM   #551

The only thing that pisses me off is responding to your email, not getting the requested information returned, and then reading your comment about being ignored. I don't care if you fix your servo up or not, just don't waste my time asking for help, ignoring the response, and then telling folks you didn't get help.

Anybody else want his servo? Seems like Capwn won't be using it since he's afraid of breaking stuff and doesn't want warranty service. Comes with a free set of gears, pins, and bearings
Old 04-12-2016, 12:22 AM   #552
Rock Crawler

Yeah, lol, I'd love another! This one is working great, no jitter, no problems, perfect center, strong as heck!! I can't believe how quiet and smooth it is!
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:10 AM   #553
I wanna be Dave

I will ues it . but seriously though I will eventually get one

Last edited by snapon boy; 04-12-2016 at 10:25 AM.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #554
RCC Addict

I have a question for John or anyone else. I am getting ready to order the Holmes Hobbies HV500 servo. I currently have a Castle BEC wired up with the red wire pulled from the esc and the BEC plugged into the "batt" on the receiver. With this servo should I reconnect the red esc wire and run my BEC to this bypass instead
Holmes Hobbies LLC
or just leave it as it is? What are the pros and cons to both?
Thank you for your help.
Prime
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I have a question for John or anyone else. I am getting ready to order the Holmes Hobbies HV500 servo. I currently have a Castle BEC wired up with the red wire pulled from the esc and the BEC plugged into the "batt" on the receiver. With this servo should I reconnect the red esc wire and run my BEC to this bypass instead
Holmes Hobbies LLC
or just leave it as it is? What are the pros and cons to both?
Thank you for your help.
Prime

Using the bypass adapter keeps servo power from going through the RX. If you aren't having problems then don't feel the need to switch, but it is good practice to isolate the radio from servos and external BEC in crawlers. They are the most abused and electrically noisy components, and radios don't really like having that dirty power tied through it.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #556
Pebble Pounder

How does The 500 hold up against water?
jeepgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #557
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Every single failure I've seen on the repair wall is posted in this thread. It is a handful of people, less than warranty rates on ESCs. ONE broken gear. One failed bearing. The remaining are all sheared pins. Compared to the 15% survival rate of the HV400, the HV500 is doing fantastic! The middle pin is the most common failure so far, but I can't make conclusions with less than 5 sheared pins. But I will prepare for testing solutions, in case it continues to be the main failure point.
This is good to hear. I'm still running a HV400 half expecting every time out will be its last. The HV500 will be its eventual (inevitable?) replacement.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #558
Rock Crawler

I don't know jack about servos.lol. Can I run this servo in a 1/10 yeti on 3s? It's more of a basher than a crawler....
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:00 PM   #559
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftauto View Post
I don't know jack about servos.lol. Can I run this servo in a 1/10 yeti on 3s? It's more of a basher than a crawler....
Absolutely. You may what to add a BEC depending on what ESC you're using. I use a BEC on everything I have to get the most out of my servos.

Last edited by Rjohn929; 04-12-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:05 PM   #560
Rock Crawler

I have a bec ordered from heyok on its way. Have the stock rtr motor and esc in it right now. Thanks for the help.
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote

HH Servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C.I. - Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount - Annoucement Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 10 05-07-2015 01:25 PM
***Crawler Innovations Engraved Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 106 10-20-2013 02:16 AM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 228 07-12-2011 01:17 PM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 266 04-01-2011 02:18 PM
Crawler Innovations Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount GIVEAWAY!!! Nova's Ark General Crawlers 219 10-18-2010 12:43 PM